Hi or e-nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebelo

i was considering getting a log vape and was interested in those two. could anyone explain the major differences between these two

onebelo,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Major difference being that the E-nano has a dimmer switch, thus temperature control. As far as I am aware, it's the only log vape with that functionality.

VaporEyes,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
You can always use a variable voltage power supply to have this option on the HI or others logs

Roger D,
Reactions: ogcook

max

Out to lunch
Another major difference is that the HI is a 12V design, while the e-nano has an ungrounded 110V design, which is unsafe unless you're plugging into a GFCI receptacle.

Adobewan

Don't want to derail but if you're considering a log vape, you may want to look at the Underdog.
A stellar vape with incomparable service, I've bought three.
Best of luck in your hunt Onebelo

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I second Adobewan's suggestion. The Underdog is a top notch product with unbeatable customer service.

Crohnie,
Reactions: mvapes

toros23

Don't want to derail

Are you sure about that Adobewan?? Geesh...

I have owned all three - e-nano, UD and a HI.. I sold my nano and one of my UDs and the HI has been my daily driver for a while now. I still keep a UD as a backup until I can get another HI. Dave and Amanda give great service but Alan is second to none.

Even if you go with another log other than the HI, I still recommend talking to Alan about his different roasting accessories. The guy is a mad scientist when it comes to this stuff, always improving/innovating.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't think customer service should be so important to evaluate the difference between these units. Both have excelent service, that should suffice.

About the differences between the two, it's simple:

The nano has an in-built dimmer that allows you to change temps, with the HI you need to get a variable voltage power source which is not very expensive usually.

Another difference is that the Nano uses a different heating element. The HI, as with the majority of log vaporizes uses a DC ceramic coated resistor and the Nano uses an AC ceramic element like the ones you can find in the Buddha SSV and LSV.

Another one is that the Nano, because of the heating element uses AC to feed the unit, and the HI uses 12V DC which is much more versatile in terms of what you can use to get it working. A simple 12V battery can be used, like in your car for example.

Apart from that it is pretty much the same. The HI also has a bigger choice in roasting tubes.

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist

I have owned all three - e-nano, UD and a HI.. I sold my nano and one of my UDs and the HI has been my daily driver for a while now. I still keep a UD as a backup until I can get another HI. Dave and Amanda give great service but Alan is second to none.

Even if you go with another log other than the HI, I still recommend talking to Alan about his different roasting accessories. The guy is a mad scientist when it comes to this stuff, always improving/innovating.
+1 for the Master JedHI 'Alan Wan Kenobi's' master work and code of ethics. toros23,,, having had all 3 vapes appears to make you the only fully educated vaporist in this thread. IMO, capable of giving the best advice having had all 3 logs.

Adobewan

Apologies if I was out of line, really did not mean to disrespect anyone's work or vape preferences.
Peace and happy weekend.

edit: More I think about it, I'm regretting my inappropriate post.
In my haste to offer my limited experience, I overlooked two fine craftsman and their good business practices. If I could retract at this point I would.
I will add I have heard nothing but, and many good things about Alan.
Again, apologies to all but primarily to Alan and Ace of Vape. To make amends I plan to look deeper into both of these great vapes for my next purchase.

Must remember...think, then put foot in mouth!

Adobewan,
Reactions: mvapes

toros23

+1 for the Master JedHI 'Alan Wan Kenobi's' master work and code of ethics. toros23,,, having had all 3 vapes appears to make you the only fully educated vaporist in this thread. IMO, capable of giving the best advice having had all 3 logs.

Well, I certainly appreciate the kind words but I know there are many more people here who know more about log vapes than me - yourself included. For me the decision was more one of simplicity.. Every log I have used has been extremely effective but what I truly like about the HI is that every component is user replaceable and there is no insulation in the HI. I also dig Alan's wood.. lol

Adobewan - I was just messin' with you.. We really need to get you to try a HI.. Do you still have your place in line??

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Another major difference is that the HI is a 12V design, while the e-nano has an ungrounded 110V design, which is unsafe unless you're plugging into a GFCI receptacle.
The Nano has the same technology and electronics as a curling iron or soldering iron, neither of which use grounded plugs. GFI's are for areas where lots of water is present. i.e. bathrooms and kitchens.
Max: I'm surprised at you for making unfounded, uninformed, inflammatory claims.
Andy

Adobewan

Adobewan - I was just messin' with you.. We really need to get you to try a HI.. Do you still have your place in line??

Thanks Toro!
You've been a righteous promoter of Alan's in my ear for quite some time now Bro.
Alan was gracious enough to reach out to me this AM and yes I do still have a place inline!
I see a HI in my near future!
-------
Just looked at the Toasty Top site. WOW! A lot has been happening since I looked at it last! I couldn't help but grin when I saw the HiPod. The Redwood Burl is beautiful! Is it available? I didn't see it on the site.

Still regret my post but glad where it has led me.

mnd99

Right now and after reading the lates info in the post of your product, I dont think what max said is unfounded and much less inflammatory.

Sorry for the offtopic.

care to explain? I was just looking at the E-nano thread and since I was planning to purchase one, if there is something that I'm missing...please let me know..

The Nano has the same technology and electronics as a curling iron or soldering iron, neither of which use grounded plugs. GFI's are for areas where lots of water is present. i.e. bathrooms and kitchens.
Max: I'm surprised at you for making unfounded, uninformed, inflammatory claims.
Andy

This might be a dumb question but aren't most nano's close to lots of water? in a bong? bubbler?

VaporBaked

One thing you might want to add is the HI has a pretty extensive waiting list. I was told 6mo last month, cant wait untill it is my turn!

VaporBaked,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
care to explain? I was just looking at the E-nano thread and since I was planning to purchase one, if there is something that I'm missing...please let me know..

This might be a dumb question but aren't most nano's close to lots of water? in a bong? bubbler?
It's not a dumb question. The difference is your not standing in the water or dropping it into the tub.

ACE OF VAPE,
Reactions: mnd99

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It's not a dumb question. The difference is your not standing in the water or dropping it into the tub.
Andy, you wouldn't need to do that. The Nano is not grounded and water is a conductor (one of the best). So.... should the Nano short out or create sparks while in use, and if you're holding the pipe in one hand and the E-Nano in the other, the circuit is going to complete through your body to ground.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Andy, you wouldn't need to do that. The Nano is not grounded and water is a conductor (one of the best). So.... should the Nano short out or create sparks while in use, and if you're holding the pipe in one hand and the E-Nano in the other, the circuit is going to complete through your body to ground.
Actually glass is one of the best insulators know to man. You would have to put your hand in the water and touch the WALL PLUG at the same time. Remember the spark GVAPES saw was at the WALL PLUG not on the unit. There is no electrical connection to any metal part in the Enano.

Vaponly

What, Me Worry?
Does this mean I cant use the E-Nano in the pool?!?!?!

Great! There goes the pool party. :(

I even put my college education to use and made a floating surge protector just for the occasion. :cry:

electrocution.jpg

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer

Even got a floating surge protector just for the occasion. :cry:

electrocution.jpg
I certainly DON'T recomend it! But you could actually use it in the pool if you PROMISE not to DROP it in the pool! But that's getting way off topic

mnd99

Even got a floating surge protector just for the occasion. :cry:

electrocution.jpg

Two weeks ago I was at a place with a very similar pool situation and many vaporizers. E-nano was there. Number of dead or hurt : zero. one can never account for user error though :p I think you should enjoy your pool party :p

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Okay... so levity aside.... :cool:

Andy, we are dealing with people who are stoned, physically impaired, etc. You telling me there's no chance of wet hands, a spilled beverage, etc.?

Bottom line is that there is enough electricity flowing through this vape that, if the circumstances were right there is a potential for a problem because there is no ground.

onebelo

thanks for the help everyone. i know there is a wait for the HI but i am leaning towards it. Would it be more efficient than the E-nano and is a variable voltage power supply cheap and easy to buy?

onebelo,
Reactions: toros23

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
Okay... so levity aside.... :cool:

Andy, we are dealing with people who are stoned, physically impaired, etc. You telling me there's no chance of wet hands, a spilled beverage, etc.?

Bottom line is that there is enough electricity flowing through this vape that, if the circumstances were right there is a potential for a problem because there is no ground.
What I am telling you is there is no electrical connection in the E-Nano that you could possibly touch wet or dry hands to shock you. The unit is completely insulated from any current. The Nano doesn't need a grounded plug any more than an electric shaver or soldering iron, curling iron, electric dril or any other insulated electrical product needs one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom