Hey there!!!

Spiderman

oil baron
Hello vapeheads!!!!! I had nowhere else to put this (only two forums, no welcome mat, sorry) so I just thought I'd drop it right here. I cant say that I hit my vape all the time, but I sure do love hittin it! I own a Silver Surfer, although I've had the pleasure to use a huge array of models, from the classic VaporBros. style box/whip vape, to the HerbalAire, to the Super Vapezilla....and I sure do enjoy them.

Lookin forward to hangin out with ya'll, and talkin some vapes!

Spiderman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hello fellow SSV owner. :ssv:

Sounds like you've got a lot of experience with whip vapes! It really is great to meet more vapeheads and share ideas/thoughts on our little secret.

Look forward to your thoughts on the Super Vapezilla, etc. and how they stack up to the SSV. I've been really happy with mine and have yet to find any real flaws... to me the open design is a thing of beauty.

Vape on! :cheers:

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Thanks to Clear_Dome for naming this new section. :D

:tup: :leaf:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Bring it on, Spiderman! I'm very interested in your opinions of the vapes you've tried.

stickstones,

CDXX

I've only used the SSV myself, but I have seen many comments and reviews on several others and I don't regret my purchase at all.

CDXX,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
:cool: yeahhh !!!! That's what I was talking about LOLLL ! awesome vapor tac you'r the man !!!
anyway , welcom to CDXX and Spiderman (LOL love the name) I really enjoy your presence here !! so on this vap on !!

ps : spiderman I have a first question for you , does the Vaperzilla soo amazing ?? and what is your favorite in all the unit you try??

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
Well.......
Sure the vapezilla's are cool. They come stock with the GonG joint, its a ceramic heating element....
that being said, they dont have a magically "better" heating element than any other ceramic one. Its a ceramic heating element, with (if you pay $500 for it) a digital controller. You can be mildly more precise with the digital controller, but as any vapehead knows, you learn where your vape hits well, its not about dialing it to 374 or some other random number. The controller only tells you the heat of the element, not the heat inside the bowl.

So, considering that a digital element is kinda superfluous, because the vaping temp is created by a large variety of elements (the draw speed, the current heat of the herb, the temp of the element), id still have to say that the Silver Surfer is my fave. Of course, it is the only one I own, so i may be biased.....

but final say? The Vapezilla *may* hit mildly better than the SSV.....but not $300 better.

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
nice too know ! thanks spiderman, ssv seem awesome ....it was on my list befor i bought my extreme

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yep, the Supervapezilla's price seems unjustified to me. I don't like the all enclosed design either.

but final say? The Vapezilla *may* hit mildly better than the SSV.....but not $300 better.
Can you elaborate on this?

My friend's friend has one, I'll try to hit it one of these days.

vtac,

Spiderman

oil baron
I personally do not notice a difference in the two. The Vapezilla definitly does hit like a top of the line vaporizer (for the reasons discussed...GonG joint and ceramic heating element) but so does the SSV. I don't see a difference in the two in terms of hit quality, but they are without a doubt the two top vapes on the market IMO.

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Spiderman said:
I personally do not notice a difference in the two. The Vapezilla definitly does hit like a top of the line vaporizer (for the reasons discussed...GonG joint and ceramic heating element) but so does the SSV. I don't see a difference in the two in terms of hit quality, but they are without a doubt the two top vapes on the market IMO.
500$ for a vaperzilla is enough to turn me off about this vap...so it can't be in the top 2 imo too but I never test it , and it win the cc for some year in row so I cant say how good it is but I wanna try it for sure :p

I'm really curious to know if arizer will be in the race for 2008-2009 Canabis Cup ...I wish !!

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yeah, I think Wicked Roots (Vapezilla) priced their products super high just because they could. They aren't really a company I'd like to deal with.

I wouldn't hold out on the Extreme winning any product awards at the cup. I'm pretty sure it's a matter of buying the award. :/

vtac,

Spiderman

oil baron
Hit it firmly on the head their v-tactician. Theres just really no point to the 'Zilla when you can buy a PAIR of SSV's for the same price.

Spiderman,

max

Out to lunch
Since I'm new here too and share similar sentiments on a couple of vapes mentioned in the thread, I thought I'd jump in. I've been strictly using a vape for the last two years, and have bought and/or used about a dozen different models. It's not that I keep buying the wrong ones, I just move up in quality, add a portable, or buy a different model just to play with it. I still have about 7 different ones and need to sell a few to make room for the next one I can't resist. :lol:

My current favorite is the SSV. I have a herbalAire too and use that quite a bit, but I love using a whip vape, at least when I can get big smooth hits like the SSV provides. Great build quality and nice glass too.

And as much as I love the SSV, I hate the Super Vapezilla. Not because of the vape itself, although I don't trust forced air digital whip vapes for long term reliability, but because Wicked Roots is ripping off buyers by only supplying a labor warranty. In repairing a vape like this, parts is where the $ is. Their fake review sites also say a lot about the company. :( They can win the damn Cannabis Cup award forever, but since I've heard multiple people say that the direct competitors of the SV are just as good or better, and have real warranties, I could only recommend the SV to my worst enemy, and I'd probably feel guilty doing it. ;)

I look forward to exchanging info and ideas with you guys and future members on this new site. Fuck combustion indeed! :D

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max, great to have you here! Sounds like you're a real vaporizer aficionado and collector.

I have to agree with you on the Super Vapezilla (sounds like most of us do)... it may be a decent unit but you're spot on with the warranty issue. Wicked Roots' business model is pretty shady overall. I'm so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the SV back when I was first getting into this.

The SSV on the other hand, no regrets, I would buy it again with no reservations.

:ssv: :tup:

vtac,

Spiderman

oil baron
Right on max, my sentiments exactly. The SV is just a over-hyped vape thats worth about $200 max. Couple that on with the whole vibe i get from the company, and.....im done with Wicked Roots.

Also, the phedor that they sell can be easily emulated with ceramic element soldering irons, which cost about $40 at fry's. $150 phedor, $40 soldering iron.......you tell me.

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hahah I got a ceramic soldering iron on ebay for 8buck man !!!! this shit seem make exacly the as phedor LOL there is a nice topic on this on tokecity .....hey spyder you know dj burn on ;) !!

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
this is my 8.99$ 40w iron soldering ceramic heater...this make a awesome jobe with resin in a glass water bong !!!! exacly the same a phedor .....:rolleyes: sad but true !!!!!

the tip come red and realy hot in a minut ! just as phedor too

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
Thats the one Clear dome!

I wouldnr use it for resin (dont smoke that nasty stuff) but its clean combustion, for sure!

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
by resin I meen plant resin ....trichrome ,pollen, hash LOLL not like pipe resine LOLLL (maybe this my fault ;) i'm french canadien so ...my english is'nt perfect)

Clear_Dome,
Top Bottom