Hey i need a little help using my lightbulb vape!

alteredst8

I recently got a lightbulb vape but the stuff i'm using is having no effect. I don't know if i'm doing it wrong or the herbal incense (shokotsu) is just not suitable for vaping/not very good. I'm using a candle and have tried holding the flame under the mix but it either did not work or i ended up burning it so i hold the bowl to the side which heats the bowl up to the right temp and after several seconds the mix gets vaped. At least i think it does; grey smoke fills the chamber and afterwards the mix is not burnt but it has very little effect. :/

The vape is a Basil Bush handheld vaporizer which from what i've read is good. I think maybe the shokotsu is not good for vaping and i don't want to waste it if it is. I really don't know so please enlighten me. :peace:

alteredst8

alteredst8,

alteredst8

:) I was hoping my first experience would be a better one from everything i read about vaping but it sucked! (no pun intended ;)) I think it's probably the stuff i used but i thought you could use anything that was combustible in a vape. Would have asked here first but i only found this place yesterday.

Anyway i'm considering getting a Vaporstar next which i'm guessing will provide for a much more rewarding experience. :brow:

Cheers.

alteredst8,
alteredst8 said:
:) I was hoping my first experience would be a better one from everything i read about vaping but it sucked! (no pun intended ;)) I think it's probably the stuff i used but i thought you could use anything that was combustible in a vape. Would have asked here first but i only found this place yesterday.

Anyway i'm considering getting a Vaporstar next which i'm guessing will provide for a much more rewarding experience. :brow:

Cheers.

Vaporstar is nice, Vapo-bowl glass blows it out of the water if you don't mind ordering from Amdam, which is the only place I could get it. Better metal diffuser, glass bowl versus wood, 18.8 versus 14mm joint. I own both and the vaporstar lives in a box, vapobowl never leaves the desk.

Vaporstar can fit in non glass on glass joint, 14mm and 18mm if you don't mind it being a little ghetto on the 18. This versatility is awesome but I'm at the point where I wouldn't buy anything that wasn't a 18.8 joint.

charliedontsurf,

alteredst8

That sounds like exactly what i want but it's out of stock atm. I'm in the UK so it's not a prob.

I'm confused about the correct way to vape though. I was told that you should use a normal lighter or a candle to vaporize but i just watched the vapo2 video on the Azarius site and the guy is using a jet turbo lighter! I thought the idea was not burn or combust the herb! :/

I've been using a candle which takes a while to create any vapor and even then it's very little which is why i thought the shokotsu was not ideally suited to be vaporized. :shrug:

While i'm here, can anyone suggest a good herbal blend for vaping? Or can you literally use anything? :ko:

alteredst8,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Different herbs will vape at different temps. My suggestion would be to get a REPUTABLE vape and go from there. If you start with poor equipment, you will have poor results regardless of whatever medium you are vaping.

AGBeer,

alteredst8

Hey. :) The one i got was well made but i don't think the manual method is very good because like you say, different herbs vape at different temps so it can be hit and miss. A few times i've overdone it and it made me cough and really hurt my throat. It's put me off a little. It takes a long time to heat the glass as well, compared to the immediacy of the vaporstar it's pretty tedious!

alteredst8

alteredst8,

Egzoset

Banned
I'm still trying to figure out which vaporizer i'm going to get but i know the bulb types weren't for me a while ago.

Yet, if i were to deal with a similar unit i'd try to isolate my herb from the glass to avoid direct contact. The VapBong design is the closest compatible thing to a bulb i can think of, it would require some extra fiddling i suppose but then is the heat going to be sufficient? I wonder.

Egzoset,

alteredst8

Yeah i've found the best way to do it is to hold the flame to the side to heat the herb indirectly otherwise it will burn. But even then i think i'm just heating the herb till it starts to combust. Should vapors hurt your throat and make you cough? :/

I've been reading mixed things about the Vapbong but thanks for the heads up, came across it before but totally forgot about it. :cool:

Actually i've just seen that the vapo-bowl can be used with pipes as well. How does it connect? Is it threaded? I might order one of those and get a pipe. If was to spend 50 up wouldn't i be better off with something like the Vapir Oxygen? So many options! Cheers.

alteredst8

alteredst8,

Egzoset

Banned
Hummm...

Having similar matters on my mind it will be interesting to see how you resolve this struggle!

I'm sinking even deeper into the doubt zone than you are, except i know for sure i won't be using a bulb because the air path passes around the herb instead of going through it: this is a fundamental difference relatively to VapBong's design. Anyway, would you gain better control over temperature if that aspect of the bulb could be corrected? Would it suffice to go "electric"? The electric version of a bulb appears to be the BC Vaporizer, yet i'd stay away from that one as well, electric or not!

I just hate the idea of torturing batteries so i guess i'd be left with units for which gas gets burned as an option.

:/

Gas... Beurk! In any case, contrary to you i'm not ready to conclude that there are so many solutions to choose from! Throwing money at the problem by spending hundreds of dollars is easy (well, when one has deep pockets), struggles like the present one are those requiring more creativity. Good luck!

:peace:

Egzoset,

gettin lifted

psychonaut
ill tell you from first hand experience that vaping herbal incenses has never worked for me. i tried in my iolite with no dice and then in my ssv at my normal cannabis setting and then a bit higher.

you may be able to do it at a much higher temp but i think at that temp the plant matter that hosts the jwh and other synthetic cannabinoids would catch fire.

just smoke it if you want to use that stuff. ill personally never use that stuff again. i used it when i was getting clean for a test and when i went back to weed i couldn't get high. jwh is at least 5x as potent as thc and it really binds to the receptors better. it basically blocks the receptors from thc after long use.

after quitting herbal incense it took me almost 2 weeks to get back to where weed actually effects me. i think this has all to do with how long it took the jwh to stop bothering my cannabinoid receptors.

just food for thought.

gettin lifted,
Top Bottom