Hey guys New to the forums Got some questions !!

THuuN

Hello FC, its my first post here so hello world !

I recently decided that I want to stop 'smoking' and said... well.. 'Fuck Combustion'

I purchased a vapor daddy and quickly learned why people tell me to spend decent money on the vape I choose.

So through a bit of research I decided well I want performance, so of course the Volcano would be the reliable choice.. but I like to save money.

Personally what bothers me the most about my vapor daddy is the lengthy warm up time. Its super annoying I can smoke 3 bowls before its even close to ready. I do NOT want it on all the time either, I dont trust the electronics.

What is the fastest vaporizer for sale on the market? Do they ALL use this 'convection' method to heat up?
It seems redundant.. like the technology is really old now.. even the Volcano is pretty damn slow..
Im sure you guys know about more vaporizers on the market than I do

Thanks guys !

THuuN,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i disagree, i don't think the volcano would be the reliable choice.

as far as fast heating vapes, most of the portables have relatively quick heat up times.

i'm aware of the issue, as most of my friends are unwilling to wait for an HA to heat up (approx 2.5 min).

but there are other options, most people with log-style vapes leave them on 24/7, and there are numerous lighter powered vapes (which tend to have longer learning curves than the electric kind).

here's something to consider, the more heat you have, the more active compounds you can extract, so if you're doing alot of herb, you want a vape with a substantial heating element, but the larger (in mass) the heating element, the longer it takes to heat up (the heat has to be put from the wall into the element).

i'd take a look at the Vapolamp, as it is one of the few ones i've seen that are electric and have you putting the herb directly on top of the element.

if there are other factors that you're concerned about, try listing them, that will help narrow down the list.

OO,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Cano not reliable?
Log vape as a quick heating vape?
Sorry OO, but I can't agree with these.

Cano is a tank and can be put in the Reliable Vapes HAND DOWN. We can discuss efficiency, conservative aspects, price, etc...but not reliability!

And yes, you can leave your log vape 24/7 but it is still 30 mn heat up time, and therefore does not answer correctly to ThuuN request. For example: my SSV is on all day when I'm home and its heating time is still 2mn. vs the 30 mn of the log ones... Not saying the log vapes aren't the correct option for you, ThuuN, just that they aren't the fastest to heat up... In fact they will be the slowest!

@ThuuN, maybe want to check an Aromed or a 7th floor product: reliable, efficient and similar heat timing (though identical to the cano one). If heating speed is prio N1: MFLB (5 sec) or lighter powered vapes (15 sec.), as stated by OO!

FLskwat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
FLskwat said:
Cano not reliable?
Log vape as a quick heating vape?
Sorry OO, but I can't agree with these.

Cano is a tank and can be put in the Reliable Vapes HAND DOWN. We can discuss efficiency, conservative aspects, price, etc...but not reliability!

And yes, you can leave your log vape 24/7 but it is still 30 mn heat up time, and therefore does not answer correctly to ThuuN request. For example: my SSV is on all day when I'm home and its heating time is still 2mn. vs the 30 mn of the log ones... Not saying the log vapes aren't the correct option for you, ThuuN, just that they aren't the fastest to heat up... In fact they will be the slowest!

@ThuuN, maybe want to check an Aromed or a 7th floor product: reliable, efficient and similar heat timing (though identical to the cano one). If heating speed is pro N1: MFLB (5 sec) or lighter powered vapes (15 sec.), as stated by OO!

I agree with the above, but to pertain to the OP, he said 'the reliable choice' . While the cano is definately a reliable choice, it isn't THE choice.

If your looking for something fast, i would recommend the MfLB, from experience. It is instant vapor, when you need it, without waste. I haven't used the PA, but from the glowing reviews, id say that the MfLB and PA would be a great setup to get you going!

I will say there is a learning curve though, so if Your looking for simplistic operation, there are probably easier setups. Not to say the launch box isn't easy, it actually is. It's more learning the better methods of inhaling, draw speed, etc...but its fairly easy after a while to get evenly finished trenches (bowls) and get nice effects from small amounts!

Purpl3_Haz3,

lwien

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
I agree with the above, but to pertain to the OP, he said 'the reliable choice' . While the cano is definately a reliable choice, it isn't THE choice.

Yup. FLskwat, the way THuuN worded it, he implied that if one wanted to get a reliable vape, the 'Cano would be the obvious choice, and while I agree that the Volcano is a very reliable vape, so are many others.

It's worth repeating only because there are many who come here looking for vaporizer advice with a preconceived thought that the Volcano is the very best vape on the market but being that it is so expensive, they have to settle for second best, which is really not the case.

btw, THuun, welcome aboard.

lwien,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yup and I was just saying that OO was "wrong" saying he disagreed on the reliability of the Cano.
I also stated that on many fields we can discuss & disagree on Cano's superiority but not that one!

FLskwat,

lwien

FLskwat said:
Yup and I was just saying that OO was "wrong" saying he disagreed on the reliability of the Cano.

I don't mean to be putting words in OO's mouth here, but I don't think that OO was stating that the Volcano was not a reliable vape, for if he was, I too would disagree with that.

lwien,

THuuN

Thanks for the reply guys. Im not really about portables or pipe vapes.. Im not going into the parks to smoke anymore.. this isnt high school.

I found this vape when I searched 'fastest vaporizer'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebwwBoKwbA&feature=related

Thats ridiculous .. ? 2 minutes or not with the other vapes it seems to be getting hot really fast

Anyone tried it?

THuuN,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Infrared tech...much faster! So yes 10 sec. You have an Oracle thread BTW...

Oh, and I'm sure you now know what's the heating technology of the MF & its 5 sec. heating time: infrared...of course! :D

FLskwat,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think the 2 minutes are often just an indication.

When I feel like vaping I turn on my SSV, fill the bowl, and start hitting it. It's probably there in 45 sec or so, I never felt the need to time it but I can't imagine it takes me longer then that to fill a wand. Once I've started I usually leave it on till I go to bed, so no more warm up times at all.

How do you plan on using whatever it is you will be getting? Are you just an occasional user, or do you use for hours per session? I think this factor should be taken in to consideration when choosing your next vape.

Also, just out of curiosity; what's the big deal in waiting a minute or two?

OhTheAgony,

crawdad

floatin
THuuN said:
Thanks for the reply guys. Im not really about portables or pipe vapes.. Im not going into the parks to smoke anymore.. this isnt high school.

interesting take there. good luck in your search.

crawdad,

lwien

THuuN said:

Wait. So lets see. You're coming in here asking for advice from many here who do vape in public places and you denigrate them with a comment that if you do vape in a public place, than you have the mentality of an immature teenager, or did I misunderstand your statement above?

lwien,

THuuN

haha just reminiscing the old days.. I used to smoke pipes in public until I got busted, it has shifted my views a bit, do what you like of course.

I never said anything about anyones intelligence or maturity Iwien.
you definitely took that the wrong way..

I like to session daily, maybe twice a day or so. A desktop unit is what I want,

Ill continue this in the vape specifics thread, thanks for the input and responses !
Happy Vaping FC ^_^

THuuN,

max

Out to lunch
THuuN said:

I found this vape when I searched 'fastest vaporizer'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebwwBoKwbA&feature=related

Thats ridiculous .. ? 2 minutes or not with the other vapes it seems to be getting hot really fast

Anyone tried it?
Tried it. Love it for bag fill. And unlike the 'cano, you can hit it with direct draw while you're filling a bag. Since it's pretty new to the market, determining reliability will take time, but other than that, I'd choose it over the Volcano without hesitation.

max,

lwien

I just noticed in that vid that the Oracle doesn't have any valves on the bag which can cause some vapor lose when passing that bag around, eh?

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lwien said:
FLskwat said:

I don't mean to be putting words in OO's mouth here, but I don't think that OO was stating that the Volcano was not a reliable vape, for if he was, I too would disagree with that.
would you now? though i think the cano is reliable, there are more reliable designs, for instance, those with an external pump, or none at all would be seen as more reliable, since there's less stuff to break.

in the event that the HA's pump goes wrong, i'm always able to buy another fish pump with all the money i've saved over any other comparable vape, and it has an outstanding warranty.

@ Thuun: as far as desktop units go, there are many options, you should list your criteria in order of importance.

oh, and FLskwat, i never said that log vapes were quick to heat up, did you not read the post? all i did was suggest that they were another option with a different use pattern.

OO,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OO said:
lwien said:
FLskwat said:

would you now? though i think the cano is reliable, there are more reliable designs, for instance, those with an external pump, or none at all would be seen as more reliable, since there's less stuff to break.

in the event that the HA's pump goes wrong, i'm always able to buy another fish pump with all the money i've saved over any other comparable vape, and it has an outstanding warranty.

With that logic a Vape or Smoke a VG, a Lotus... would be the most reliable as you could change every part. I was really talking about an "overall impression of reliability" (a mix of assembly quality, resistance, easiness to use & maintain, quality of the accessories...). IMO Cano is the one that gives me this impression, BUT I totally understand your logic & your arguments!

OO said:
oh, and FLskwat, i never said that log vapes were quick to heat up, did you not read the post? all i did was suggest that they were another option with a different use pattern.
I red the post and you are right there are other options !

OO said:
@ Thuun: as far as desktop units go, there are many options, you should list your criteria in order of importance.
EXACTLY: if you want a narrow & accurate answer you need to prioritize your requisits...

FLskwat,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
I just noticed in that vid that the Oracle doesn't have any valves on the bag which can cause some vapor lose when passing that bag around, eh?
I've used nothing but valveless bags, first with the herbalAire, then the Oracle. Once you've taken the first hit and more or less equalized the pressure, the vapor tends to just sit in the bag. The brief periods where the bag opening isn't covered really doesn't lose you much vapor, in my experience anyway. Personally, I would rather have the no valve design, and be able to easily and cheaply make multiple bags of different sizes to have handy, rather than have the valve system and have to bear the additional cost of extra proprietary hardware in order to have more bags on hand.

OO said:
though i think the cano is reliable, there are more reliable designs, for instance, those with an external pump, or none at all would be seen as more reliable, since there's less stuff to break.
I don't know that an external pump is necessarily more reliable, just cheaper and easier to replace if it goes bad. It is a good point though, in that external devices are easier to replace by the user in out of warranty situations, and the more complicated a product is, the more there is to go wrong. Unlike vapes like the iolite or Extreme, though, the Volcano, all in all, has not had many breakdown issues over the years.

max,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
Thun my :2c: is check out a supreme 188.50 shipped off of ebay. Youtube this thing a few members have youtube vids up of this thing just milking glass... hit for hit it is my favorite vape and I think it is overlooked and under appreciated! I know you wanted a desktop unit but with a good torch this thing has a 45 sec warm up time to blast off and is completely portable and hooks up to and GonG! you can man your own heat cover for the heat sink to slip on and off if you are worried about nubs burning themselves too! all in all it is my favorite vape and it can be efficient and run low temp tasty hits or crank it up for the biggest clouds of vape i've seen.

Goodlife101,
Top Bottom