Hey FC, whatcha gonna get for 4/20?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
In this brave new 21st century cannabis world, the expectation among stoners of all stripes is for big sales on 420, and vaporists are no exception. Whatever you’re into, there’s a lot of it and much of it ain’t cheap. Fact is, I never cared about 420 & Black Friday sales until I fucked combustion. I blame all you fuckers at FC.

So after going batshit consumer crazy the last couple of 4/20s, this year not a lot’s going on at my house. Part of this is down to having acquired some cool toys these last few months and partly down to my strategy of ignoring the portables market. Not as much movement in desktops = not as much VAS.

After some thought, it’s surely natural for there to be years where you don’t want/need anything and others that you are excited about that new whatever. The whole ebb-n-flow of life, peaks and valleys, and it’s always good, important even, to appreciate the nice things I’m fortunate to have and not constantly wanting more.

But enough about me, what about you pretty peoples?

Is 4/20/19 going to be a big one for you, with a potential bad-ass portable or home unit? Or two?! :brow: You’ve got a chunk of change set aside and you’re hunting for those big game purchases?! Tell us!

Maybe you’re being sensible and just taking advantage of discounts for parts & accessories for your vapes? I can dig that, what’s on your list? Don’t have to be big or fancy, I geek out on the little stuff?

Sitting this one out completely? Because you’re all set and have all the swag already or in mindful protest of the rampant consumption? Do discounts in general fill you with an unspeakable rage and fury?

Perhaps you blew your entire 420 budget on some fancy glass already? Totally not judging here.

Whatever the story, please tell me what you’re excited about ordering, buying, or doing this April 20th? :leaf:

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Been rly looking around HARD to get my attention cought by something but
nothing out there i need this year :/ ...sometimes my mind circles around a Binary Banger / Mothership carb cap set but then again 700$+ and i dont expect it to rly taste or work better and i dont expect them to do sales either..

Sooo..yesterday i made a(nother) order at Ehle for another custom rig for my Flowerpot...the long wanted custom Dub Bub will get reality, cant wait :) :D :D ...not rly 4/20 but still got a nice deal ;D

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I want a dynastash, and will likely end up grabbing a tip and cap (at the very least, I'm sure) cos I always need extras.

Thinking a Cocobolo, or Purpleheart ER stash...

I'm also debating getting in a jyarz order and taking advantage of their always good 420 deals as well.

Other than that, nothing I really want. Already ordered my BCG or I'd be all over that sale.

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Last month I took advantage of the BOGO sale at Arizer, and got a free Air when I bought an on sale Solo. That is portables for now. Other than that, I was recently able to try a something that rocked my world and reinvigorated my vaping experience. It was unexpected, but this will always be a special 420 because of it.
I am thinking of buying something, or somethings, but I am having trouble remembering. I'm likely to get a message that I left something in a cart somewhere. If it still looks good and I buy it, I'll let you know.

Dabtanian

I really wana flower pot. Yeap totally converted. But i still need to figure some heat shield to protect the cat other than that I am now totally on board with idea.

Funds are how ever lacking :cry: so I'm thinking a 2019 M, dynacoil will be had instead and maybe even one those fancy 4/19 caps too...

Also keep looking at a v1 splinter on vapefiend would be a nice toy too I feel...

arb

Semi shaved ape
Last month I took advantage of the BOGO sale at Arizer, and got a free Air when I bought an on sale Solo. That is portables for now. Other than that, I was recently able to try a something that rocked my world and reinvigorated my vaping experience. It was unexpected, but this will always be a special 420 because of it.
I am thinking of buying something, or somethings, but I am having trouble remembering. I'm likely to get a message that I left something in a cart somewhere. If it still looks good and I buy it, I'll let you know.
What in the name of all that is right........rocked you so hard?

warren0728

probably only pieces and parts ... titanium tip and cap to go with a mrb's custom stem i'll be purchasing from his next batch of stems ... a backup sticky brick junior mouthpiece ...

a new vape? ... probably not but you never know! i'm on the list for a fyt underdog log and a nomad (way down the list so it will be quite awhile) but hey ... 420

Megaton

Iv got a box full of log vapes, yet I am still staring lustily at another Underdog.

Otherwise, trying not to buy myself a fury 2 that I really really dont need (I have an air1). Or a stempod that would be totally unnecessary (I have a splinter), or a SAI which looks like fun (see various other vapes and banger)...

AJS

Calm Consistency
Iv got a box full of log vapes, yet I am still staring lustily at another Underdog.

Otherwise, trying not to buy myself a fury 2 that I really really dont need (I have an air1). Or a stempod that would be totally unnecessary (I have a splinter), or a SAI which looks like fun (see various other vapes and banger)...
I just got a woodscents but trying to justify getting an E-Nano again, as that was my first vape but was sold.
Tell me...do I do it.

hd_rider

Bought a ball attachment and glass carb cap for my DrDabber SWITCH. Also bought the Brilliant Cut Grinder but I don't expect to see that for a few weeks.

And I have a few hundred bucks to blow at the dispensary tomorrow. My goal is to see how many different types of concentrates I can buy so I can put my SWITCH through it's paces this holiday weekend! I plan to buy some shatter, some wax / budder, some live resin, some pie crust, and anything else I can find!

I am truly blessed to be living in a legal state.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nothing sadly. No money. Ha.
:D... Namaste ... lol...
Another broken pocket here ,but i decided to DIY myself one more Logvape to commemorate the Occasion. I have prepared the parts and all,my idea is to build in the morning at 4:20 and play with it trough the day :))...
I was planning on getting myself some new glass,but after loosing some stuff in a house robbery, i am happy that my faithful FC-1000 wasnt of interest to those fellas ..
Gonna squish me a lil silicone free :brow: rosin with the SLUG 33 from my buddy @BornAgainSteama, and do a celebratory dab to his and everyone else's well being :)

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don’t have much money this 4/20, and was at least going to gat a 2019 M or maybe even an Omnivong...but last night I ordered one of these 18” steamrollers from Grav, so I guess it will be my 4/20 present to myself:

https://grav.com/products/18-grav-steamroller-1?variant=49005783302

media_0ecbcf17-7891-4649-933a-7102438c5368.jpg

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Also bought the Brilliant Cut Grinder but I don't expect to see that for a few weeks.
I'm curious about BCG but would want to see a better 420 sale than the ten percent they have on their site. I got my GR8TR last year for like 42% off or something.

Have you gleaned anything about the different grind plates? I'm curious how they compare since the GR8TR came with medium and fine plates that are both finer than a SCS.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Oh yeah, forgot about these earlier but you first need to know I have a small but growing collection of 6.5” (165mm) 18/14 downstems. I know, right? Like WTF wrong w/you p_j?! That’s not normal, get a real hobby. But I’m a freak of nature and unlike most people, so it’s a BFD that I scooped a Mobius Matrix downstem and a colourful little number from a CA artist, Dustorm Glass from a couple of US glass shops. Thank the gods for the interwebs, without it I’d not only still be combusting, I’d still be a 30-years out of touch stoner with shitty equipment!

There’s little doubt I’ve acquired a few acquisition disorders since I stumbled upon FC but it’s also true that I haven’t made any purchases I regret, thanks to this fine group of human beans. Gotta confess that I’m still just a little bit disgusted with myself to be spending money on a collection of diffuser downstems. But they’re all different and it’s kinda fun to pick & choose. And that’s how you justify the disease!

:leaf:

@bossman The BCG & the company behind it is less than 6 months old, tbh I was surprised they had a sale at all. It’s made with 7075 aluminium which is more expensive than the 6061 most the major players use. GFL, the maker of BCG is basically one guy in BC, Canada who is following his dream and needs to earn a living, while struggling to keep up with crazy demand for his revolutionary product. And he also has to pay a third party anodiser to do that final step.

Kannastor/RYOT are brands, the company that owns them has existed for years and have all of their products made in China. Their grinders are made in the same factory as ID’s Super Weapon grinders. You can bet they have a shit-tonne of stock sitting in a warehouse and a shitload of profit margin to play with in order to be able to discount products 42% and still be making money. And they are.

It’s comparing apples to oranges, that’s just the facts. Oh and after using the GR8TR for ~2 years, I can tell you that the BCG is superior in every way. In operation the two are night and day. I have all 3 grind plates and the design and implementation of the BCG is completely unique in the grinder world. I will never use the GR8TR again, besides I always hated Kannastor was so stupid in trying to be like the cool kids using a number 8. But 8 ends in “t” and they kept the extra T, thereby making the name of their grinder have a stutter. Corporate Asshats.

Sorry for the OT grinder rant. But this thread isn’t about the discount you want to see a company offer, thought the title was clear. Go to the BCG thread, man.

I wanna know what, if anything, you’re acquiring or doing this 4/20.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Megaton yessir, definitely need to put one on your list. Just working with Ed is highly recommended, ime. He’s a great guy and his enthusiasm is contagious! The Nano is my first vape love & is special but I love my woodscents for more than just its outstanding vape quality. My WS has so much character and beauty, it’s become “functional art” in my mind. It’s in that rare “Art that can fuck you up” category.

@AJS I appreciate your support and the visual inspiration you provide here and on insta, my brother. I can only aspire to your level of cloud coverage.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Oh yeah, forgot about these earlier but you first need to know I have a small but growing collection of 6.5” (165mm) 18/14 downstems. I know, right? Like WTF wrong w/you p_j?! That’s not normal, get a real hobby. But I’m a freak of nature and unlike most people, so it’s a BFD that I scooped a Mobius Matrix downstem and a colourful little number from a CA artist, Dustorm Glass from a couple of US glass shops. Thank the gods for the interwebs, without it I’d not only still be combusting, I’d still be a 30-years out of touch stoner with shitty equipment!

There’s little doubt I’ve acquired a few acquisition disorders since I stumbled upon FC but it’s also true that I haven’t made any purchases I regret, thanks to this fine group of human beans. Gotta confess that I’m still just a little bit disgusted with myself to be spending money on a collection of diffuser downstems. But they’re all different and it’s kinda fun to pick & choose. And that’s how you justify the disease!

:leaf:

@bossman The BCG & the company behind it is less than 6 months old, tbh I was surprised they had a sale at all. It’s made with 7075 aluminium which is more expensive than the 6061 most the major players use. GFL, the maker of BCG is basically one guy in BC, Canada who is following his dream and needs to earn a living, while struggling to keep up with crazy demand for his revolutionary product. And he also has to pay a third party anodiser to do that final step.

Kannastor/RYOT are brands, the company that owns them has existed for years and have all of their products made in China. Their grinders are made in the same factory as ID’s Super Weapon grinders. You can bet they have a shit-tonne of stock sitting in a warehouse and a shitload of profit margin to play with in order to be able to discount products 42% and still be making money. And they are.

It’s comparing apples to oranges, that’s just the facts. Oh and after using the GR8TR for ~2 years, I can tell you that the BCG is superior in every way. In operation the two are night and day. I have all 3 grind plates and the design and implementation of the BCG is completely unique in the grinder world. I will never use the GR8TR again, besides I always hated Kannastor was so stupid in trying to be like the cool kids using a number 8. But 8 ends in “t” and they kept the extra T, thereby making the name of their grinder have a stutter. Corporate Asshats.

Sorry for the OT grinder rant. But this thread isn’t about the discount you want to see a company offer, thought the title was clear. Go to the BCG thread, man.

I wanna know what, if anything, you’re acquiring or doing this 4/20.

I don't use the GR8TR either and that's good intel on BC et al. Also I'm pretty obviously rooting for a big BCG 420 deal because I'd like to get one. This is just buzz, try not to take it personally. And for real thanks man :tup:

Top Bottom