Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

plsbegentel

Thanks guys. Replacing the fuse did work and the flat coil that shipped with my nail works just fine. Those 710 20mm barrel coils look really good but don't quite know the differnece between the 110v and 220v models. Is one just going to heat up faster than the other? I'm still torn between buying the adapter I need for the high five coil or returning it and springing for the 710 coil.

plsbegentel,
Reactions: 710Coils

brucee10

Thanks guys. Replacing the fuse did work and the flat coil that shipped with my nail works just fine. Those 710 20mm barrel coils look really good but don't quite know the differnece between the 110v and 220v models. Is one just going to heat up faster than the other? I'm still torn between buying the adapter I need for the high five coil or returning it and springing for the 710 coil.
220V is International voltage. US users need 110V.

Hollabackatcha

If you in the North America it is 110v.

Hollabackatcha,
Reactions: 710Coils

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...Great news! means progress is being made :clap:... hopefully this is the start of good things that will follow...

just_the_flu,

alrunnin

What’s the word with this update? Ever since this update was announced last week, my RQ went from working to pretty much useless.

alrunnin,
Reactions: Shooby

nickmo

"yes we are pushing the update forward. Our goal is to have all updates released August for all prior units. The new line of nails we are releasing in August will be full app bluetooth control."

Benefit of the doubt until tomorrow! :D

nickmo,
Same story, different storyteller.

I spoke to Brandon at Team RosinPress today. It’s his number on the website now. I’m inclined to believe what he says. Some drama there. Have you spoken with him, if you have anything outstanding? He shared that I should see my HN02 back next week.

scalescliffs,
Reactions: nickmo

PoopMachine

I spoke to Brandon at Team RosinPress today. It’s his number on the website now. I’m inclined to believe what he says. Some drama there. Have you spoken with him, if you have anything outstanding? He shared that I should see my HN02 back next week.

Honestly I sold my unit. I got tired of the same old song and dance. I would be very careful about updating anything. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig.

nickmo

I'm ready to accept an update, I've got a backup controller, I'm giving the new regime a chance!

nickmo,

Justpassedu

Honestly I sold my unit. I got tired of the same old song and dance. I would be very careful about updating anything. I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig.
It's unfortunate but I may be doing the same shortly. So many broken promises. It really stinks bc the HN-01's are just gorgeous looking compared to anything out but the company itself just put a really bad taste in my mouth and I am afraid to even turn mine on now in fear it could get that memory overload problem and brick. I wish the new owners would chime in on Fc.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Does anyone else have an HN-01 that functions properly?

I'm running 1.2.10 daily (unconnected) and have no problems whatsoever for the last ~2 years.
Works great, touchscreen is responsive, temperatures are rock steady when idle and drop by ~6 degrees through the course of a dab.
No doubt the best looking controller.
Sorry to hear that Ava and Liz couldn't juggle everything.

I'm wondering how much variation in build quality there may have been between units?

brucee10

Does anyone else have an HN-01 that functions properly?

I'm running 1.2.10 daily (unconnected) and have no problems whatsoever for the last ~2 years.
Works great, touchscreen is responsive, temperatures are rock steady when idle and drop by ~6 degrees through the course of a dab.
No doubt the best looking controller.
Sorry to hear that Ava and Liz couldn't juggle everything.

I'm wondering how much variation in build quality there may have been between units?

I use mine daily too. My touch screen isn't working, but I've just been dialing in to it in the browser. If I leave mine on for a few days, I get either a full power hot nail or a room temp nail while the display says it's at ideal temp. I just turn it off when I'm not using it now. Wifi controlled outlet works great for that.

Top Bottom