• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

mutten840

Pretty sure it is wifi and all you will need to do is turn off the wifi setting in the unit. Most wifi features will offer a forget this network option. This can be used to make sure you do not accidentally connect without being forced to enter the password for the network :tup:

herbivore21

Pretty sure it is wifi and all you will need to do is turn off the wifi setting in the unit. Most wifi features will offer a forget this network option. This can be used to make sure you do not accidentally connect without being forced to enter the password for the network :tup:
I asked if it was possible very early in this thread to disable the relevant bluetooth/network interfaces in a way that could prevent digital intrusions but I was told it is not :(

herbivore21,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Happy birthday, @HexNailAva!!
Thank you! Liz and I had a nice dinner last night, but it's back to work today! It's technically our 1yr company anniversary today, too.

HEX-NAIL ANNIVERSARY UPDATE (Jan. 14th)

Tracking Numbers will be going out soon now that we've started to see mail move around these parts again. We had a foot of snow that stopped everything for a few days concerning shipments.

fdVCnbf.jpg

Fiddled with our power a bit, too (unfortunately). Extra burn-in never hurts though. The coils are mostly done and we're getting together more orders as they come off the line.

ff7TuGe.jpg

The post office got us the rest of our shipping boxes/supplies so Hex-Nails should start arriving (roughly) in the order they were placed. Tracking numbers will be sent out as we get 'em together this weekend!

18PPzOD.jpg

Excited to see what you all think. There's still a lot of work to do and we'll keep the site (and this thread) informed on any software updates. We'll be implementing an update log of some sort on the site once we get all of our orders out.

The community will have a huge influence on what new features the HN-01 gets and we're excited to see what other great ideas are out there. More shots will be posted soon and we really appreciate the patience here, folks.

damm

Anyone got their units yet?!!! I'm waiting on reviews people!!!

Nope; I wish I could say I got the update that @mutten840 had gotten. I haven't seen any email other than the order confirmation

I am Order #110 so depending how many orders they get done a day; and what order # they started on... if they started on #1 I've got a bit to wait before shipment I suspect.

mutten840

I am order# 8 and 9 =P

But based on the email I got the main hold backs have been the weather as Portland got snowed in and then flooded once the snow melted. So they have had delays around this from what I can tell. It also sounded like they had several units finished and more in the works, so I would suspect they will start flowing shortly =)

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
I am order# 8 and 9 =P

But based on the email I got the main hold backs have been the weather as Portland got snowed in and then flooded once the snow melted. So they have had delays around this from what I can tell. It also sounded like they had several units finished and more in the works, so I would suspect they will start flowing shortly =)

I am in the Portland west hills and did not have mail for 7 days.

damm

I am order# 8 and 9 =P

That is helpful; that means I will be absolutely waiting more than a few weeks... in the very least :(

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Nope; I wish I could say I got the update that @mutten840 had gotten. I haven't seen any email other than the order confirmation

I am Order #110 so depending how many orders they get done a day; and what order # they started on... if they started on #1 I've got a bit to wait before shipment I suspect.

More folks will be receiving emails soon with tracking. We've been having to 'trickle' the units out over the heavy weather days. We were trying to ship more at once but we already had one unit get lost in the fray we had to deal with from the post office.

It seems to be running smoothly now and we sent out more tracking numbers today which will be going out on Monday (check your email @mutten840).
That is helpful; that means I will be absolutely waiting more than a few weeks... in the very least :(

Nobody should end up waiting this long. We're planning to have more going out as long we can get the replacement parts we need in everyone should be covered soon. We had to source from more than a few vendors to get our stock so dealing with some of these failures is tough along with the weather. The enclosures are all finished, around half the orders are in the finishing stages of testing (running smoothly hardware wise) while the rest are being finished up in either the initial stress testing phase or the end of assembly (ie. attaching a base).

We just received the last of our inserts from CCA 710 the other day so we're trying to implement proper tuning for some of the more popular combinations we got here for testing. So even though there's some extra time added to shipping from all this weather the wait isn't for nothing. We're still working constantly to implement these features and refine the tunings every day, too.

We'll be getting CCA's units together once all the tunings are final and in place and we're excited to work more with them.

We're hoping to have at least a few units/tracking numbers go out each day from here on in (mostly as they finish burn-in and individual calibration). Hopefully mother nature and lady luck will finally give us a break and in turn that comes to our customers. Overwhelming is a light way to put it, but we're gonna get it done.

We still very much believe in the product so perseverance is not in short supply here. The support of the folks who really believe we're on to something here is really great and it helps that so many of our customers are as understanding as they are.

damm

Nobody should end up waiting this long. We're planning to have more going out as long we can get the replacement parts we need in everyone should be covered soon. We had to source from more than a few vendors to get our stock so dealing with some of these failures is tough along with the weather. The enclosures are all finished, around half the orders are in the finishing stages of testing (running smoothly hardware wise) while the rest are being finished up in either the initial stress testing phase or the end of assembly (ie. attaching a base).

It's not rather unreasonable to expect to wait that long for a tracking number at this point. I would hope sooner but hope floats and trump is our president.

Monsoon

I'm #163 but it sounds like mine may be shipping soonish so if we're lucky there might just be a week's difference shipping unit #1 and #196. Not worried at all about the delay, I thought a December shipping date was overly aggressive to begin with. I have a friend who made the same mistake with her crowdsource campaign but her buyers are also understanding and honestly no pre-order is ever on time. It's when it's 6-12 months late with few updates that it's a problem. You guys (or gals I guess) have gone above and beyond in transparency in your operations and that's one of the things that sold me on it. I love the long detailed blog posts. Can't wait (but also patiently waiting) to get my hands on the physical manifestation of that work and see if it holds up. If I somehow end up hating it, I'll at least be fair and constructive ;)

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I'm #163 but it sounds like mine may be shipping soonish so if we're lucky there might just be a week's difference shipping unit #1 and #196. Not worried at all about the delay, I thought a December shipping date was overly aggressive to begin with. I have a friend who made the same mistake with her crowdsource campaign but her buyers are also understanding and honestly no pre-order is ever on time. It's when it's 6-12 months late with few updates that it's a problem. You guys (or gals I guess) have gone above and beyond in transparency in your operations and that's one of the things that sold me on it. I love the long detailed blog posts. Can't wait (but also patiently waiting) to get my hands on the physical manifestation of that work and see if it holds up. If I somehow end up hating it, I'll at least be fair and constructive ;)
We'll have more shipping info going out today and hope to see units hitting doorsteps before next weekend.

Once we get our current orders out we'll be fleshing out the site a lot more, too. I'll start keeping up with the blog more regularly and we plan to have a timeline up on the site for things like feature implementation.

There will be quite a few software/tuning updates rolling out shortly after shipment once focus can shift back to coding full time for awhile. There's a lot more still to do, but that's the best part. Getting in at ground level just means you get the latest greatest features ahead of everyone else.

We've seen some pretty mind-blowing stuff while tuning up these nails in relation to dish temp vs. coil temp. It's gonna shake things up quite a bit, me thinks. Heh.

Again though, we can't thank the FC community enough for their patience and support. This wouldn't be happening at all without these forums, tbh.

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Okay guys, we officially have tracking numbers showing movement for some customers. I have a feeling our post office is still backed up from the weather and it delayed them a few days for 'new' shipments coming in. We have been careful about dropping off too many units at once for this exact reason (we already 'lost' one unit, they can't find it).

We'll be dropping off more units early this afternoon and checking on all the numbers we've already dropped off.

It's obvious to us they've mixed the 'orders going out in the order they're received' scheme we tried to have in place. We'll be happy if they just get to everyone safe and sound.

If we see more movement today (from the newly shipped and already shipped units) anyone who hasn't received tracking info should expect it within a few days (this includes most of our 'Round 1.5' orders as well).

Here's a little preview. One of our 'Burn-In / Tuning' racks going strong.

l7lDBvV.jpg

Ligers abound and there's 4 other nails you can't see under the top shelf, too. :lol: After a few days with all 3...The 20mm Quartz (as I suspected) is quickly becoming my favorite combo. I was so excited to finally give it a go after getting our last few missing links insert wise from CCA.

Definitely need more time on the SiC & Sapphire 20mm inserts before making anything close to a 'favorite' pick. Heh.

And I'd like to thank @mutten840 again for that beauty in the center. Made even sweeter by the fact Grav is from my hometown. It's helped us immensely to have more glass around in a lot of ways. :science:

Last edited:

Kalikron

Okay guys, we officially have tracking numbers showing movement.... anyone who hasn't received tracking info should expect it within a few days (this includes most of our 'Round 1.5' orders as well).
This is great news!! (Since I think I may fall into round 1.5) Thanks so much for mentioning the "1.5" orders! Not to mention all the hard work, and more of your excellent updates; complete with awesome bts production pics! You ladies are killing it! Just great CS all around. I can't wait to try mine!
Ligers abound and there's 4 other nails you can't see under the top shelf, too. :lol:
This made me smile!! Makes me glad that I chose a Liger!

Definitely need more time on the SiC & Sapphire 20mm inserts before making anything close to a 'favorite' pick. Heh.
I need to try more Liger sizes apparently!! Does everyone like the 20mm that much more than the 30mm? Why? I have a 30mm v3 and now kinda wondering if I should get a 20mm as well....does their performance vs the flat coil warrant the extra purchase from someone on a budget? Just curious if the differences are subtle or drastic...and you prefer the Quartz to the SiC? I skipped right over the Quartz but now may have to go back and check that out too!

Last edited:
Kalikron,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I need to try more Liger sizes apparently!! Does everyone like the 20mm that much more than the 30mm? Why? I have a 30mm v3 and now kinda wondering if I should get a 20mm as well....does their performance vs the flat coil warrant the extra purchase from someone on a budget? Just curious if the differences are subtle or drastic...and you prefer the Quartz to the SiC? I skipped right over the Quartz but now may have to go back and check that out too!

Okay so here's the thing...Every Liger insert has a perfect 'thing' it does...well...perfectly. :lol: This is true for each size too tbh.

The more I use them the harder it becomes to actually even fathom picking a '#1 Favorite' combo.

The 30mm is really sick. I've used it almost every day since it arrived just to 'watch the magic happen' (so to speak) and it turns heads so hard it's gonna give people whiplash. :rofl: If you like watching the melt and the vapor there is literally nothing better I've seen, used, or heard about.

I use it for top down melt videos and larger dabs. If you watch this video I posted awhile back (this was .3g of shatter) you can see why the 30mm is great for big dabs. You can drop it all at the back half of the nail and then as you dab it pulls the product over the rest of the dish via the air being pulled through the piece. You can see the whole dish vaporizing at once after it fills the bottom of the insert.

SiC for globs or durability, quartz is the jack of all trades (easy to clean, good flavor, great at nearly any temp) and usually ends up being my daily driver for just staying medicated. But then again low temp terpy dabs on the Sapphire are...just so packed with pure, wonderful flavor. Never tasted better.

The 20mm is just a perfect 'all day universal fit' (sort of the way quartz is, too) for me. I can do bigger dabs if they're necessary (ie. my ptsd issues, panic attacks, morning arthritis pain, etc.) but it works great for anyone that comes along not necessarily familiar with dabbing (the 30mm can be intimidating for newer people especially). Takes a little less lung for 'minimally medicating' dabs which is welcome.

I've used the 16 in the car a few times already, tbh. I feel like that's all I need to say. The 16 is the perfect like...single stage Toro rig nail. Small dabs, huge flavor while being lighter and easier to fiddle with. I'm still looking for the perfect 3-5 hole diffy to pair it with. :tup:

TL;DR - You really can't go wrong with a Liger, tbh.

damm

This is great news!! (Since I think I may fall into round 1.5) Thanks so much for mentioning the "1.5" orders! Not to mention all the hard work, and more of your excellent updates; complete with awesome bts production pics! You ladies are killing it! Just great CS all around. I can't wait to try mine!

This made me smile!! Makes me glad that I chose a Liger!

Heat retention is the point of the 20mm as 30mm flat coil takes awhile to heat up. There was a review by CustomGrow420 with a High5enail controller cranked it up to 1600 because he refused to wait for it to heat up.

20mm has the best heat retention where as the flat has the largest surface.

damm,
Reactions: Kalikron

Kalikron

Okay so here's the thing...Every Liger insert has a perfect 'thing' it does...well...perfectly. :lol: This is true for each size too tbh.

The more I use them the harder it becomes to actually even fathom picking a '#1 Favorite' combo.

The 30mm is really sick. I've used it almost every day since it arrived just to 'watch the magic happen' (so to speak) and it turns heads so hard it's gonna give people whiplash. :rofl: If you like watching the melt and the vapor there is literally nothing better I've seen, used, or heard about.

I use it for top down melt videos and larger dabs. If you watch this video I posted awhile back (this was .3g of shatter) you can see why the 30mm is great for big dabs. You can drop it all at the back half of the nail and then as you dab it pulls the product over the rest of the dish via the air being pulled through the piece. You can see the whole dish vaporizing at once after it fills the bottom of the insert.

SiC for globs or durability, quartz is the jack of all trades (easy to clean, good flavor, great at nearly any temp) and usually ends up being my daily driver for just staying medicated. But then again low temp terpy dabs on the Sapphire are...just so packed with pure, wonderful flavor. Never tasted better.

The 20mm is just a perfect 'all day universal fit' (sort of the way quartz is, too) for me. I can do bigger dabs if they're necessary (ie. my ptsd issues, panic attacks, morning arthritis pain, etc.) but it works great for anyone that comes along not necessarily familiar with dabbing (the 30mm can be intimidating for newer people especially). Takes a little less lung for 'minimally medicating' dabs which is welcome.

I've used the 16 in the car a few times already, tbh. I feel like that's all I need to say. The 16 is the perfect like...single stage Toro rig nail. Small dabs, huge flavor while being lighter and easier to fiddle with. I'm still looking for the perfect 3-5 hole diffy to pair it with. :tup:

TL;DR - You really can't go wrong with a Liger, tbh.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply!! I appreciate you taking the time to write it for me; even while being so busy.
Looks like I may be getting a new 20mm and a coil for smaller dabs. Also a Quartz insert for this one just to try it! I'm so poor I'll have to save though, I was going to opt for sapphire for my 30mm; but now I may have to wait for that and get a 20mm bucket & coil first.

Kalikron,
Reactions: 6079Smith

brucee10

Heat retention is the point of the 20mm as 30mm flat coil takes awhile to heat up. There was a review by CustomGrow420 with a High5enail controller cranked it up to 1600 because he refused to wait for it to heat up.

20mm has the best heat retention where as the flat has the largest surface.
His issue was mostly that he had his heater coil attached between the heat shield and the retaining nut. You could see it glowing red when he cranked it.

Top Bottom