Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
One thing to note is that there’s two versions of the software since there are two types of PID used on HN01. If you put the wrong software in, your temps will be super erratic. Nothing damaging just not functional.

Also, hexnail on IG has read and ignored both of my PMs. Not cool.

This might be the first Ive heard this, it was also my pretty clear understanding that the "PID" component was fully software. Could you mean a different internal temp sensor maybe? Even if so, its odd the girls never mentioned this is our rather verbose discussions about this specific issue and situation. Do you by chance know how to check the difference?

And to pretty much everybody, give the new guy/guys a break, they have been on it like a week and Im pretty confident its been a pure deluge of venomous complaints and "you owe me" type conversations, IMO, we should at least give them a chance to actually DO something.......in the context of the shit storm their are standing in the middle of.........before jumping all over their nuts and writing them and or Hex as a whole, off. Dudes say August is gonna be a big month for them.......how bout lets wait a few more weeks, I mean really at this point is that a big deal......and see what these guys can actually do for us.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@ensabbahnur The fact that you are being optimistic gives me a little hope :lol: You seemed to have the majority of issues across the board and, not to be too presumptuous, but you don't come across as an overly agreeable person. If someone feels this device is worth considering in the future I am sure they will let me know. :peace:

This might be the first Ive heard this, it was also my pretty clear understanding that the "PID" component was fully software. Could you mean a different internal temp sensor maybe? Even if so, its odd the girls never mentioned this is our rather verbose discussions about this specific issue and situation. Do you by chance know how to check the difference?

And to pretty much everybody, give the new guy/guys a break, they have been on it like a week and Im pretty confident its been a pure deluge of venomous complaints and "you owe me" type conversations, IMO, we should at least give them a chance to actually DO something.......in the context of the shit storm their are standing in the middle of.........before jumping all over their nuts and writing them and or Hex as a whole, off. Dudes say August is gonna be a big month for them.......how bout lets wait a few more weeks, I mean really at this point is that a big deal......and see what these guys can actually do for us.

I just checked my DM with Ava and you’re right, I misspoke - it is sensor. She stated there were two different sensors used that each require a different firmware.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Wise words, @ensabbahnur ! But nobody answered to my question regarding the legal situation in the US despite the statement of @Baron23. In German law the new owner has to fullfil the contractual obligations. If there is no way customers would have the right of recession of the contract or compensation for non-performance.

SilentJ

...sounds as if they are mainly focused on new units than supporting current users... im starting to think the current units are 'unfixable' or beyond the point of no return since they are more focused on new units than fixing whats currently out in the wild... which was noted before many times fixes for the current issues are coming 'soon' - but now were talking new units!! if the fixes were in the works, why not continue?

<snip>

...the 'it was basically better for me in the long run to just get a refund for my unit and buy it when they are re-released' comment, imo, does not sound reassuring to current users that they will get the fixes they need...

My guess, and again, this is only a guess based off the short discussion I had with him. It sounds like there isn’t a lot of trust in the older platform SOC from the new owner. Thus why it sounds like he’s moving it to a new SOC that uses BT and is (I’m assuming) more reliable/less issues (I hope). This is based off knowing that the KubeOne is based off a BT SOC. He did state that they would be releasing the latest update that’s been pending for months that should address the bugs people are having. Liz will be staying on as programmer so it’s certainly possible they will continue to support the older units. It would just make sense business wise to get units out in the wild that are on a known good platform to bring in cash first and then hopefully address any remaining issues. At least that’s how I’d do it. Unfortunately, I think we won’t really get any answers about what is going on until Aug at the earliest. Somebody could also give him a call and try to get these questions answered but that’s of course dependent upon him being willing to divulge that info.

PoopMachine

I'm sorry for you guys. I suspected this was coming for a while. Ava quit replying to my PM's a long time ago and I knew at that point the ship was sinking, I just didn't expect it to be that quick. I've seen this exact same thing happen to others in another arena I frequent and I ran my own business for 20 years so I saw a lot of red flags.

I'm not going to say anything else. I see no point in airing my grievances in public. I sent them to Ava, she didn't bother to reply. I hope it works out for everyone. Such a waste.

I'm sorry for you guys. I suspected this was coming for a while. Ava quit replying to my PM's a long time ago and I knew at that point the ship was sinking, I just didn't expect it to be that quick. I've seen this exact same thing happen to others in another arena I frequent and I ran my own business for 20 years so I saw a lot of red flags.

I'm not going to say anything else. I see no point in airing my grievances in public. I sent them to Ava, she didn't bother to reply. I hope it works out for everyone. Such a waste.

Totally agree. Bummed to feel ‘had’ because I saw this coming but chose instead to try to support this hobby of theirs in becoming a business.

Very clearly a ‘need’ based Ponzi scheme. I have no doubt the intentions were good but the execution was knowingly deceptive and the whole NDA/sale of the company is egregious and insulting.

PoopMachine

Well, and I hesitate to even mention this but with the amount of money we're talking about here, law enforcement can and will get involved. Had they sent anything it would be a civil matter. Since they took money and sent nothing, it's criminal.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that and the new owners make things right. It's a real shame. Guess I know why I never got my RQ unit to assist with support.

I’m not suing anybody over my lost money but I would just like to be made whole. I mean, I know my property exists out there - I had it and then it broke. I know it got fixed too. At this point, it’s just theft by inaction or deception — and I feel bad because I considered Ava a friend so I’m not trying to get anybody in trouble here. Just shocked by how poorly this was handled and the total disappearing act.

scalescliffs,

juxt

I wish them well, but frankly they fucked this up and at $600 each, a lot of other people are probably going to be fucked also.

In my case after I'd ordered a Skynet unit I was talked into buying a Red Queen to move up in the queue and get a custom matched unit that only 4 others exist! Woohoo! This was after May 19th so well into when things had gone bad. It feels so deliberately deceptive to get my money knowing they wouldn't fulfill it. That's the pisser right there! *Edit* BTW, this was after PayPal dropped them, so again, well after they knew it was circling the drain.

I can more easily forgive ineptitude or a run of bad luck, everyone can make a mistake or fall short somehow, including me. I've owned businesses in the past, some good and some bad. The difference between me and the 'former' owners of this business is that I would never lie to customers just to get their money.

For the guy who said he's going to stay friends with them, that's cool man, they probably needs friends, but please let them know at least once that from some people's perspective they are the bad guys in this scenario.

plsbegentel

Im looking to replace the power cord on my hexnail 02. Do you guys know what I need to power this thing? I'm having trouble finding the information I'm looking for.

plsbegentel,

plsbegentel

I am looking for that type of connection. However that cord is rated to carry 125V at 10A which I'm unsure if it will power the enail.

Also thanks for the help.

plsbegentel,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I am looking for that type of connection. However that cord is rated to carry 125V at 10A which I'm unsure if it will power the enail.

Also thanks for the help.

Its plenty, IME most enails use less then 165w at peak, Im pretty sure it depends on the heater coil you're using, but that cable can take more juice then your enail controller most likely.

Baron23

So say I plugged in a high five 20mm barrel coil into my hexnail while turning it on for the first time. It turned on briefly then there was a small sizzle and pop. Would replacing the fuse return my nail to working order?

http://www.acehardware.com/product/...16&cp=2568443.2568454.2632226.2632270.2632274
So, you now know that High5 has a somewhat unique pin out that won't work with most controllers other than their own? Right?

As for the fuse, hopefully it did its job and protected your circuitry (and coil). As to that specific fuse, dunno...need to look at the fuse that's in your Hexnail, see if its blown (I don't believe you said that clearly or not), and check out the specs on it. If blown, then replace with equivalent fuse you should be able to get at a very wide array of sources.

Hopefully your coil is still good but you can't use that High Five coil directly. Pins need to be cross connected. High Five does now sell adapter cables to go from their unique pin outs to the D-nail pin outs that have become most common defacto standard.

Hollabackatcha

So say I plugged in a high five 20mm barrel coil into my hexnail while turning it on for the first time. It turned on briefly then there was a small sizzle and pop. Would replacing the fuse return my nail to working order?

http://www.acehardware.com/product/...16&cp=2568443.2568454.2632226.2632270.2632274
You likely fried the thermocouple in the coil. The pin layout for High5 has the TC on the first 2 pins. While the Hex-nail, IIRC runs the AC through the first 2 pins.

Hollabackatcha

Hollabackatcha,
Reactions: JigMelon
Top Bottom