Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

Kalikron

Heat retention is the point of the 20mm as 30mm flat coil takes awhile to heat up. There was a review by CustomGrow420 with a High5enail controller cranked it up to 1600 because he refused to wait for it to heat up.

20mm has the best heat retention where as the flat has the largest surface.
Thanks for your informative reply @damm ! I always appreciate any advice/help that I can get! I think I saw that video; or at least a similar one on YouTube. I think that a lot of people assume that if their coil is reading a high temp, then their nail is probably near that displayed coil temp. While that may be nearly true with something like a TI halo; obviously a heavier nail (like the Liger) with more mass to heat (and more surface area to dissipate heat) would take a lot longer to reach anywhere near a neighborhood of thermal equilibrium with the displayed coil temp. That's one of the many reasons I'm so stoked for the HexNail; having a display for the actual nail temp (even approx) with a liger would be amazing and save a lot of time for beginners looking to find the right temp too.
About how long do you usually wait for your 30mm to "warm up"?

Kalikron

One last question...
I noticed when I watched an unboxing of a flat coil from someone that their kit included a washer to go between the coil and the heat shield. I assume to prevent rattle/ensure snug fit and aid in direct contact heat transfer. But mine did not. I haven't used it yet due to waiting for my new HexNail, but I'd like to know if my Liger is missing a washer?

Kalikron,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
One last question...
I noticed when I watched an unboxing of a flat coil from someone that their kit included a washer to go between the coil and the heat shield. I assume to prevent rattle/ensure snug fit and aid in direct contact heat transfer. But mine did not. I haven't used it yet due to waiting for my new HexNail, but I'd like to know if my Liger is missing a washer?

The washer was supplied with some 30mm V3s that shipped early.
They had a beta version heat shroud and the washer helped to ensure that the heater had better contact with the bucket.
The finalized heat shroud negates the need for a washer and takes the 30mm to the next level.
As you did not receive a washer you presumably have the final heat shroud (perhaps post pics, I haven't taken photos of mine yet).

I've had alot of time with both the 20 and 30; prior to receiving the finalized heat shroud I would have said 20mm everyday ... with the arrival of the proper heat shroud, I think I might prefer the 30.

... And the 30 has a more open airflow than the 20 (which for my rigs is good).

PS Very excited for the Hex-Nail!

damm

His issue was mostly that he had his heater coil attached between the heat shield and the retaining nut. You could see it glowing red when he cranked it.

That 0 patience... he was assembling it as it was heating up so it was getting hot in his hand his latest video he blamed it on the person who shipped it to him setup. However in the previous video it was he who unpacked it.

It's like Trump facts... I only watch occasionally as maybe he'll do something worth while but lol yeah right.

damm

Waiting for HexNail is so hard.....

Totally; I ended up picking up 2 E Nails to play with my HexNail... I don't want to buy a Controller at this stage in the game...

Like most people I saw the Flat Banger and went damn it's mine... I also have a 20mm Diamond E-Knot that could be very fun

damm,
Reactions: Kalikron

Kalikron

The washer was supplied with some 30mm V3s that shipped early.
They had a beta version heat shroud and the washer helped to ensure that the heater had better contact with the bucket.
The finalized heat shroud negates the need for a washer and takes the 30mm to the next level.
As you did not receive a washer you presumably have the final heat shroud (perhaps post pics, I haven't taken photos of mine yet).

I've had alot of time with both the 20 and 30; prior to receiving the finalized heat shroud I would have said 20mm everyday ... with the arrival of the proper heat shroud, I think I might prefer the 30.

... And the 30 has a more open airflow than the 20 (which for my rigs is good).

PS Very excited for the Hex-Nail!

Thanks so much @alittledabwilldoya'! That totally makes sense; and I am now glad I don't have one then. Way cool that I have the new one (I think). I need to take a pic and we can confirm. Thanks again

Kalikron

Totally; I ended up picking up 2 E Nails to play with my HexNail... I don't want to buy a Controller at this stage in the game...

Like most people I saw the Flat Banger and went damn it's mine... I also have a 20mm Diamond E-Knot that could be very fun
I saw the j-red diamond knot too and thought that it might be really cool!

Kalikron,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Regarding connectivity to the Sublimator. There seems to come a new version 'Mini XLR 3.0'

Hogni,

damm

Sorry kids playing with my phone and not sure how to delete posts yet....

You really can't. You can edit for a short period and then you can't do anything to the post

4JXsC4L.png

Edited to attach picture to show.

damm,
Reactions: Kalikron

Kalikron

You really can't. You can edit for a short period and then you can't do anything to the post

4JXsC4L.png

Edited to attach picture to show.
Thank you for the help! I was surprised I couldn't find the delete option; makes sense if there isn't one.....

Kalikron,

PoopMachine

Im assuming most of you got the email from Ava about a small shipping delay?

Has anyone received a tracking number yet? She said some tracking numbers may need to be resent.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: NSCocoa

HexNailAva

Manufacturer

Has anyone received a tracking number yet? She said some tracking numbers may need to be resent.
I'll be shipping those out again this afternoon. I know one of @mutten840 's units was in that bunch.

More peoole will see numbers today... Including our Canadian friends...

Last edited:

Monsoon

Mine's supposed to be going out Monday and I should get the tracking soon.

Monsoon,

PoopMachine

I saw in here photo they had order 153 in the works. Mine is slightly before that so maybe mine is in the works too.

PoopMachine,

Monsoon

I saw in here photo they had order 153 in the works. Mine is slightly before that so maybe mine is in the works too.
I think the order numbers are all messed up now due to their post office issues but it sounds like they're shipping them all out within a short span so shouldn't really matter.

Monsoon,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer

We're doing our best to ship in the order received but the numbers not necessarily accurate of your order date. The system we use for the back end processing of orders on our site right now is a little lacking.

We had to do some of test and 'dummy' transactions with our merchant service and they were never removed from the system.

That's the kind of stuff we'll worry about after we actually get these babies out. Heh. We have pretty big plans for the site. We should have everything running smoothly by Summer and hope to have the updated site by then.

I think the order numbers are all messed up now due to their post office issues but it sounds like they're shipping them all out within a short span so shouldn't really matter.

And yes, this has also tossed an already broken system in the air. Basically, the order number is a rough idea of where your order is in line, but some of the Bloodwood orders needed a little tune up (or a new enclosure, ugh.) so they're being wrapped up nicely.

We need to order more wood to fill some of the later orders, but we're going to be a little less trusting this time and inspect our wood order before we accept. We ended up scrapping almost half the enclosures we milled right off the CNC because we do our best to have a pretty high bar for the enclosures.

Top Bottom