Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a contact number for @HexNailAva?

My HN-02 doesn't seem to function properly and my mails to support@hex-nail.com go unanswered. Same with PM's here on FC.

@mutten840 is there anything you cab do to help me get their attention.

Thanks guys.
I'll be clearing all support emails today. I'm sorry I fell off a bit here guys I've had to stay pretty dabbed out and doped up for some severe tooth / nerve pain. I've been struggling with solid food for like the lasts week.

I've been getting a barrage of emails lately and it's been hard to keep up but I want to finish the last few emails today so we can get everything sorted for folks.

The other thing to note guys is: If you PM me I'll give you my personal cell number and we can text back and forth.

I'll have some responses coming to the last few pages of posts soon, too. More Round 2 info as well.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'll be clearing all support emails today. I'm sorry I fell off a bit here guys I've had to stay pretty dabbed out and doped up for some severe tooth / nerve pain. I've been struggling with solid food for like the lasts week.

I've been getting a barrage of emails lately and it's been hard to keep up but I want to finish the last few emails today so we can get everything sorted for folks.

The other thing to note guys is: If you PM me I'll give you my personal cell number and we can text back and forth.

I'll have some responses coming to the last few pages of posts soon, too. More Round 2 info as well.

Hi @HexNailAva, sorry to hear about your dental issues, been there it sucks.

Would really appreciate some assistance when you are back in action.

My hexnail and/or coil doesn't get past a warm state. In the dashboard view I get N/C which I assume means 'No Coil'. Also no % and N/A°.

uXmeWvA.jpg

0g4GjHM.jpg

The light on the controller goes to cyan for a few minutes then goes off altogether. The nail never gets too hot to touch. Once the cyan light goes off it never seems to go back on again.

It feels like the thermo couple in the coil isn't passing temp data back to the controller so the controller stops heating the coil.

Look forward to your help.

GH

GreenHopper,

anrchy666

Hi @HexNailAva, sorry to hear about your dental issues, been there it sucks.

Would really appreciate some assistance when you are back in action.

My hexnail and/or coil doesn't get past a warm state. In the dashboard view I get N/C which I assume means 'No Coil'. Also no % and N/A°.

uXmeWvA.jpg

0g4GjHM.jpg

The light on the controller goes to cyan for a few minutes then goes off altogether. The nail never gets too hot to touch. Once the cyan light goes off it never seems to go back on again.

It feels like the thermo couple in the coil isn't passing temp data back to the controller so the controller stops heating the coil.

Look forward to your help.

GH
Do you have a back up coil to try?

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Do you have a back up coil to try?

Unfortunately not, I had requested a spare during the website signup form but it wasn't on the invoice when I played and I didn't notice until it was to late.

I have heard back from @HexNailAva and I might be looking at having to send the unit back. If that happens I'll get another coil then, I'm aware they have a limited number of heat cycles so I do want a spare.

GreenHopper,
Reactions: Hogni

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Under the main setting page and 3 lines down from the top should say soming like “unit tracking” then a toggle button to switch between nail tracking and coil tracking ....hope that helps

...i could not find this setting anywhere, however i did turn off the 'steady state compensator" (or something like that) and i've been rocking all weekend :rockon:

just_the_flu,
Reactions: mutten840

mutten840

@alexandersterlingrane there isnt a new update for the HN01 models yet. But what do you mean by wont connect. Do you see your router, but cannot select it. Or does it time out when trying to connect.

Let me know as I had issues connecting to my 5Ghz wifi. But my 2.4Ghz worked fine. There was also another user who had issues, but it was due to them using a custom firmware on their router and once flashed to the factory firmware. It was able to connect.

mutten840,

mixchu69

About to pull the trigger on the panduak hex-02. Anybody have favorites or regrets on color? Also want this to be the end of buying enail controllers (not that I have too many). Are u guys happy with your hex-nails?

mixchu69,
Hoping to hear some news about software updates soon.

I sent a support email ten days ago about my light ring not working and haven’t heard back. I can’t even seem to get it to adjust itself anymore.

The software leaves a ton to be desired which is a shame because the hardware is so nice. The ‘local’ connection isn’t even working yet - I can do it when the unit is unplugged entirely which leads me to believe it’s the same as the remote connection or just a glitch that lets the UI enter the screen without a connection.

Sorta disappointed by how this release has gone. Hoping to see these issues patched up soon.

scalescliffs,

exmex

About to pull the trigger on the panduak hex-02. Anybody have favorites or regrets on color? Also want this to be the end of buying enail controllers (not that I have too many). Are u guys happy with your hex-nails?
I thought the Cherry would be more red hahahaha but i kind of knew it was a lighter color and am fine with that so all goood for me. Im just hoping they can get them shipped out quick so i can use this thing :drool::D

Hoping to hear some news about software updates soon.

I sent a support email ten days ago about my light ring not working and haven’t heard back. I can’t even seem to get it to adjust itself anymore.

The software leaves a ton to be desired which is a shame because the hardware is so nice. The ‘local’ connection isn’t even working yet - I can do it when the unit is unplugged entirely which leads me to believe it’s the same as the remote connection or just a glitch that lets the UI enter the screen without a connection.

Sorta disappointed by how this release has gone. Hoping to see these issues patched up soon.
They just posted a update on IG teasing the new Dab OS/2 for the skynet saying its almost here. They sound like their super busy and it is just the two of them i think so i bet its hard keeping everyone personally up to date.

exmex,
Reactions: Hogni
Thanks for honest reviews. Maybe purchase if software update is good.

I think when the software is sorted out, this will be the best e-nail available. They’ll take care of it, just suppose I was expecting the software to be farther ahead.

It’s very stable and functional heater hardware - just a bit ‘set and forget’ right now which is fine if you don’t want to play or experiment too much.

I don’t regret buying it at all, so don’t think that.

Also, for context, I also have their first release, with a screen. I am a fan. Considering the problems I have now are just with connection/software it seems, I’m really looking forward to the new software on that device, as it’s really good looking and when it works as designed, will be really badass.

Last edited:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I think when the software is sorted out, this will be the best e-nail available. They’ll take care of it, just suppose I was expecting the software to be farther ahead.

It’s very stable and functional heater hardware - just a bit ‘set and forget’ right now which is fine if you don’t want to play or experiment too much.

I don’t regret buying it at all, so don’t think that.

Also, for context, I also have their first release, with a screen. I am a fan. Considering the problems I have now are just with connection/software it seems, I’m really looking forward to the new software on that device, as it’s really good looking and when it works as designed, will be really badass.

Sorry for the lack of response, btw. I was thinking about your email today and am gonna message you on IG so we can sort it out. Might have a quick solution in place.

We're working on tightening everything up right now. The hardest part is setting it up and after that things are much smoother. We used our dev unit while standing in line at the post office today so that was fun.

One of the better parts of releasing it as a WebApp first is that when we push an update...everyone gets it right away (for most things) and doesn't need to worry about anything. It'll just be better. But we'll let everyone know when there's a new release, of course.

I'll be posting some shots of the tweaked UI for the Dab OS/2 on the Skynet units this evening (on Instagram) just as a heads up for everyone worried about it being pushed back. Liz is working on trying to wrap up the port right now. I was helping her with some of the last UI tweaks an hour or so ago. We don't want previous owners to feel left out in the dark too long (or required to update, frankly). If you have both use both and let us know why you like one over the other. We like to listen to the community.

EDIT: Oh, and I added a (slightly below average quality) photo for identifying woods to the site. I'll get a better one after we have more units finished again.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
If you have both use both and let us know why you like one over the other. We like to listen to the community.

Have you noticed any differences?
Have you changed the nail profiles any?

I have an HN-01 in zebrawood with some sweet diagonal grain, and I am exceedingly happy:

OMmQFV5.jpg

Last edited:

buddingglasshead

Sorry for the lack of response, btw. I was thinking about your email today and am gonna message you on IG so we can sort it out. Might have a quick solution in place.

We're working on tightening everything up right now. The hardest part is setting it up and after that things are much smoother. We used our dev unit while standing in line at the post office today so that was fun.

One of the better parts of releasing it as a WebApp first is that when we push an update...everyone gets it right away (for most things) and doesn't need to worry about anything. It'll just be better. But we'll let everyone know when there's a new release, of course.

I'll be posting some shots of the tweaked UI for the Dab OS/2 on the Skynet units this evening (on Instagram) just as a heads up for everyone worried about it being pushed back. Liz is working on trying to wrap up the port right now. I was helping her with some of the last UI tweaks an hour or so ago. We don't want previous owners to feel left out in the dark too long (or required to update, frankly). If you have both use both and let us know why you like one over the other. We like to listen to the community.

EDIT: Oh, and I added a (slightly below average quality) photo for identifying woods to the site. I'll get a better one after we have more units finished again.

Hope I can get a response, too. It's been 24 days since I PMd you and 22 since I emailed. :wave:

Excited for dab os/2 for my HN-01 and for my HN-02

Hopefully once the OS is updated across the board you'll be able to get to the fun stuff like tunings. :science:

buddingglasshead,

mutten840

Hey Everyone,

If you want to make sure Ava gets your message. You should send an email to support@hex-nail.com.

She has been busy working on the port of the OS to the old units and building more of the round 2 units and so its easy for her to lose track of time and space when she is deep in soldering and such.

I am going to be helping out when possible and will work on making sure all of your questions are getting fielded to Ava and Liz =)

So for now use the support alias above :rockon: and I will also be on the lookout to try and help with questions and concerns

Mr. Whitewall

@HexNailAva
I was hoping you can update your site to know which wood goes with which picture. Thanks!!!

Its been fixed, but if you want to know which individual pics correspond to each wood, point your mouse at the image and look at the URL bar at the bottom, the name of the wood will appear in it. Also by right-clicking and selecting "view image" it will appear on top of page as well... :p:lol:

Top Bottom