• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Few important posts on the last page guys.
(I messed up the post quoting them so...sorry.)

Also...

What would you like to be able to track in a 'Log'? We need community input here. What are the more important things you want to track? Is it Strain? Time / Date? Duration? Mood?

Let us know below.

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

Also...

What would you like to be able to track in a 'Log'? We need community input here. What are the more important things you want to track? Is it Strain? Time / Date? Duration? Mood?

Let us know below.

all of those, plus type of material (wax, shatter, rosin etc etc) and temp tracking along the duration. I think that will help everyone really dial things in

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Hogni

YabbaDABBAdo

Also...

Let us know below.

Hey Ava it would be nice to have all of them plus some more from what you decide but some things to track the current nail in use along with that what temp, glob, lengh of time, type of material and amount of material used (estimated) any other tuning that could be done for each nail. Then from there time, mood, feeling , what type of ailments are you getting relief from, strain...with that if possible and if you have the results of the testing from the products % of content, potency and how it was extracted there’s so many thing to think of just tying to get the main ones that would benefit everyone
Keep up the great work gals

JigMelon

I agree with the above posts; I don't see a reason to restrict it to a select few. It would be excellent if there was also a way to add text fields with manual entry. For people who are serious about consistency, they might want to log the coil, nail, insert, cap, piece, liquid (water + cran extract, for example), ice, grinder (twax-ers), extract method, etc.

Evolv has an excellent tool called EScribe that's used for customizing your experience with their chip designed for e-cigs (I use my DNA200 for my Saionara and some dab-ified attys). In EScribe, there are different tiers of feature-sets (like beginner mode, expert mode, manufacturer mode). It would be cool if we had a feature similar to that, where we could adjust the amount of information shown on the screen during a session. This could be useful when you have guests using your setup. Also the ability to lock certain features and/or the unit's functionality entirely with a password/pin would be amazing.

YabbaDABBAdo

Evolv has an excellent tool called EScribe that's used for customizing your experience with their chip designed for e-cigs (I use my DNA200 for my Saionara and some dab-ified attys). In EScribe, there are different tiers of feature-sets (like beginner mode, expert mode, manufacturer mode). It would be cool if we had a feature similar to that, where we could adjust the amount of information shown on the screen during a session. This could be useful when you have guests using your setup. Also the ability to lock certain features and/or the unit's functionality entirely with a password/pin would be amazing.

Yes I have the Therion 166 with the dna250 chip and it’s a beast I use my source Vape products (nail, xl, orb4) and the E scribe program is a great tool I have settings for 6 different atomizers setting with a push of a button plus different modes for how you want the mod to heat up, pre heat, boost, temp, Watts, and sooooo much more the program it’s self is complicated but once used to is and with some YouTube videos everything is much easier to learn

Ok so I have been loving my hexnail and 30mm Liger since day 1 with no issues. Had a few dabs this morning (Im in the UK) and turned the unit off to go to work. Came back from work in the afternoon and turned the unit on (570f). Didn't even look as usually go do something while it heats up (1-2 min). When I came back for my surprise the coil was on but the unit was showing 90f as if it was turned off. Got close to check if it was on and it must have been way over 1000f as my SIC dish was red hot and already with those white carbonized marks which usually show up when cleaning, after 30min - 1h. Freaked out and turned it off and used a temp gun to check the dish temp and after 2 or 3 min cooling down it was still at 650f (DISH!!!) so definitely was really hot! I have tried turning the unit on and off several times and this keeps happening it doesnt show any temperature and the coil just goes red hot instantly. Anyone had that before? Ah man this is so upsetting it was perfect until it all fell apart. @HexNailAva can you please help? Is there any sort of "reset" in the unit so maybe it can reload the settings again? Any help is appreciated people, got videos of it happening if needed. Thanks!!

terping710,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Ok so I have been loving my hexnail and 30mm Liger since day 1 with no issues. Had a few dabs this morning (Im in the UK) and turned the unit off to go to work. Came back from work in the afternoon and turned the unit on (570f). Didn't even look as usually go do something while it heats up (1-2 min). When I came back for my surprise the coil was on but the unit was showing 90f as if it was turned off. Got close to check if it was on and it must have been way over 1000f as my SIC dish was red hot and already with those white carbonized marks which usually show up when cleaning, after 30min - 1h. Freaked out and turned it off and used a temp gun to check the dish temp and after 2 or 3 min cooling down it was still at 650f (DISH!!!) so definitely was really hot! I have tried turning the unit on and off several times and this keeps happening it doesnt show any temperature and the coil just goes red hot instantly. Anyone had that before? Ah man this is so upsetting it was perfect until it all fell apart. @HexNailAva can you please help? Is there any sort of "reset" in the unit so maybe it can reload the settings again? Any help is appreciated people, got videos of it happening if needed. Thanks!!

Id look at the coil first, seems awful suspect its reading room temp while you're hot. If you have another try swapping it.

ensabbahnur,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
This is just a troubleshoot suggestion. Disconnect the coil. Check your presets, switch to one then back if you can. Plug the coil back in after the unit has ran for a minute.

Also do a test with the heat function off. See if still reads the coil and nail if you don't have it heating.

paytonpenn,
I will have one to test it soon but the fact the coil is on at the unit and just not shows temp seems to me a unit problem thats why Im more freaked out about it.

terping710,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I will have one to test it soon but the fact the coil is on at the unit and just not shows temp seems to me a unit problem thats why Im more freaked out about it.
Fwiw, I think my HN starts heating while its initializing. It always seemed like it. It gets a little hot before you can even see the temp about 8 seconds after the animated logo starts.

paytonpenn,
This is just a troubleshoot suggestion. Disconnect the coil. Check your presets, switch to one then back if you can. Plug the coil back in after the unit has ran for a minute.

Also do a test with the heat function off. See if still reads the coil and nail if you don't have it heating.
Yeah it just shows my selected temp at coil and 90f at nail being the unit on or off. The only difference on the screen it that the torch icon of the coil's on/off is either lit or not and when it is the coil just go mad at over 1000f. I'll be back home in a couple hours to try that. Thanks for the replies so far

terping710,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
From what I've noticed also when you take the coil out and put it in.. Out it will say something like N/C - No Coil.

Putting it back in while its on starts the nail temps at 2k-3k obviously not a true reading but it does slowly become correct.

paytonpenn,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

Id still think its more likely the coil is bad then your unit, simple solutions and all.

Fwiw, I think my HN starts heating while its initializing. It always seemed like it. It gets a little hot before you can even see the temp about 8 seconds after the animated logo starts.

From what I've noticed also when you take the coil out and put it in.. Out it will say something like N/C - No Coil.

Putting it back in while its on starts the nail temps at 2k-3k obviously not a true reading but it does slowly become correct.

Agreed. There has been a few times during the "10 seconds of non response" after hitting the coil on, where I've heard the coil physically getting hotter and the HN has been oblivious to it. Id like to think dabOS2 will fix that but my other pi based nail, the Kube One does the same thing so maybe its how the pis interface with the relay to the heater.

As a rule, if Im not gonna be back in under an hour or so, I turn things off at the physical switch, I can wait the 30 seconds or so (like 2 for the Kube) for things to initialize.

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Kalikron

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
I'll PM you and get you my phone number so we can work with you more closely. There's a few things we can look at but we need to determine if it's hardware or software on this one so we can get you fixed up.

EDIT: (Just to clarify it you're getting a 'N/C' error your unit isn't reading a coil. If you see it with a coil plugged in, let me know asap and I'll get in contact to take a look at it.)

Last edited:
Yeah youre
I'll PM you and get you my phone number so we can work with you more closely. There's a few things we can look at but we need to determine if it's hardware or software on this one so we can get you fixed up.
I really appreciate it always great support from you anyway

terping710,

Justpassedu

Is the new update out yet by any chance ? I'd like to update my HN-01 . I thought the new units being shipped have the new update and it is compatible with the og units so that is why i am asking. Ty

Justpassedu,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Is the new update out yet by any chance ? I'd like to update my HN-01 . I thought the new units being shipped have the new update and it is compatible with the og units so that is why i am asking. Ty

We're trying to launch the new update for Skynet in tandem with the Red Queen shipment (end of the month). There may be a slight delay as there are some fundamental differences in the code between the 2 units but it won't be a long wait. We're excited to put v1.2 software behind us (and all of our customers) because this new OS/2 is going to blow people's minds once it's complete.

Gonna use this as another chance to say (though it's unrelated):

Anyone experiencing issues with their unit (big or small, software or hardware, even cosmetic) please PM me and I'll give you my phone number so we can get a solution implemented as fast as possible. International Customers are welcome to use WhatsApp as well if it makes things easier (and more cost effective, depending).

I want folks who own a Hex-Nail to have my direct line now. It's gonna make everything easier for me to organize and stay on top of things when issues do arise (or even if you just have questions).

Baron23

Sounds like a bad thermocouple in the coil. It it keeps reporting 90 degrees, the controller will continue to pump energy into it no matter the actual temp.

Might be something else, but I would suspect the coil first.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
So I've been awaiting the arrival of the AugustHaus custom Liger 30mm coil + larger shroud from CCA and they arrived a couple of days ago.

The coil is a beast.
6 wraps of heater that get progressively larger as the coil wraps up and around the bucket.
DNail flat has 2; Hex-Nail flat (which is the best flat I've run across) has 3.

The larger shroud from CCA is two part: a ring top and the shroud lower.
Fit and finish is top notch.

The thing is a beast and makes the standard 30mm, which initially looked ludicrously large, a bit dainty by comparision.
Here it is on my new prime driver which has a 10mm joint:

SZGKvX4.jpg

Even with the carb-cap on this little guy still stays stable ... GOOOOO hollow foot!

qUOo4HZ.jpg

So far I definitely prefer the larger coil/shroud combo.
I'm running my HN-01 on coil type: "30mm Flat"; nail type: "None".
I was going to send this one in to @HexNailAva for tuning, as that would surely improve performance even more, but I like it so much I might just buy another to send to her so I can keep it hooked up.

With tunings, this could be the end game.

:peace:

PS I have no fear of running the Liger direct into extremely expensive rigs and have done so for many moons.
24/7.
The joint is just warm to the touch.
Caveat being I've only done this in clear glass, a couple different rigs / joint sizes.

:leaf:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Just sent out an update email to every one of our Red Queen customers. Delivery has been delayed but this is a very different beast than the back-up we experienced with the HN-01 awhile back.

We're expecting to start shipping next week. The new interface is coming along nicely and the new features we have dropping with OS/2 are getting put in place.

We have to clean things up for the 1.2 release of the new OS but it shouldn't take long before all our current customers will be running our latest greatest yet.

Top Bottom