Hex-Nail (HN-01) - RIP

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
I lowered my temps to around the 490 mark. I'm running the SIC halo at around 520.

Wow, that's quite low.

But what I really mean is does it qualitatively make the dab better or different?
If you were dabbing blind (w/o knowing what controller you were using) could you tell were using a Hex-Nail vs. a standard PID, and why?

I'm a dab technophile so I'm probably already convinced anyway, just wondering.

:\

I also welcome other's feedback.
Many of us are likely used to way our nails perform.
To those Hex-Nail users that remained using their "normai" nail after switching to the Hex-Nail, I ask:

Did it noticeably change how your nail performed? (and how)

:)

alittledabwilldoya',

anrchy666

Wow, that's quite low.

But what I really mean is does it qualitatively make the dab better or different?
If you were dabbing blind (w/o knowing what controller you were using) could you tell were using a Hex-Nail vs. a standard PID, and why?

I'm a dab technophile so I'm probably already convinced anyway, just wondering.

:\

I also welcome other's feedback.
Many of us are likely used to way our nails perform.
To those Hex-Nail users that remained using their "normai" nail after switching to the Hex-Nail, I ask:

Did it noticeably change how your nail performed? (and how)

:)
I got my hex and im currently using a standard ti nail and i can tell you it changed my life way less heat than my yo dabba needed and flavor wow. I can't wait until my liger shows up

mutten840

@alittledabwilldoya' The algorithm is totally different and so you get a smoother dab that holds the temp much better for longer than what a traditional controller can deliver. I honestly feel I could hands down tell the difference between the 2 units blindfolded as the traditional controllers are much slower to do adjust for change in temp and the Hex Nail crushes it there. You can watch the graph on the Hexail as you dab and it is very responsive to the change in temp when taking a dab. Then you throw in Glob mode and it is a dummy proof version of up temping made beyond user friendly. I rock my glob mode at 20 degrees hotter for 30 seconds. All I got to do is press a button and BOOM. Its working and I can see the temp increase on the graph on the screen in real time. Lastly, lets not forget the regular updates that improve the pre tuned settings they have made for all Ligers and most of the Dnail family of halos. The last update made it where I could lower my temps down another 60 degrees on my Halo and it is just crushing me with tons of flavor when dabbing. I personally own 2 of these units because they are hands down the best controller that continues to evolve on a regular basis with updates (UPDATES!!!!) Add the Sweet sweet wood finish and you have a civilized package for the dab technophile =)

Kalikron

That huge bubble in the melt at the end hung on forever before bursting!
What was your order of acquisition?
Liger first and then Hex-Nail, or vice versa?
I currently have a Liger (using an Auber rdk200) and am wondering what kind of difference the Hex-Nail makes on the dabbing experience.

:peace:
I got the Liger then the Hex. I can say definitively that the HexNail algorithm seems to keep a much steadier temp (way less burned qtips); and I can use a lower temp as well. It's a great buy!!!
Kalikron, what temp were you using?
Sorry about that. I was at 575* tracking to coil on that one.

Elemen0py

@alittledabwilldoya' The algorithm is totally different and so you get a smoother dab that holds the temp much better for longer than what a traditional controller can deliver. I honestly feel I could hands down tell the difference between the 2 units blindfolded as the traditional controllers are much slower to do adjust for change in temp and the Hex Nail crushes it there. You can watch the graph on the Hexail as you dab and it is very responsive to the change in temp when taking a dab. Then you throw in Glob mode and it is a dummy proof version of up temping made beyond user friendly. I rock my glob mode at 20 degrees hotter for 30 seconds. All I got to do is press a button and BOOM. Its working and I can see the temp increase on the graph on the screen in real time. Lastly, lets not forget the regular updates that improve the pre tuned settings they have made for all Ligers and most of the Dnail family of halos. The last update made it where I could lower my temps down another 60 degrees on my Halo and it is just crushing me with tons of flavor when dabbing. I personally own 2 of these units because they are hands down the best controller that continues to evolve on a regular basis with updates (UPDATES!!!!) Add the Sweet sweet wood finish and you have a civilized package for the dab technophile =)
I can't stand reading stuff like this any more... My mouth starts watering, I swear. End game for me is a Sublimator with a Hex-Nail and I keep telling myself to hold out until that's available but I don't know how much longer I can wait without a Hex-Nail in my life.

On a side note, I had an idea for a setup that I think I'm actually going to commit to doing this year... Steampunk Sub. Imagine a Hex-Nail with custom copper plating running a DabBulb, sitting in a Sublimator that's been treated to look like distressed copper on the outside... placed next to a tube amp for maximum Steampunk. A bit of an investment, but not much work involved and it would look incredible.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
So no more special pricing for FC members? I noticed on the Hex-Nail site the price is now $500.

ichibaneye,

MileHighHuman

This is making me want one as well. Only thing holding me off is the cost.

Any chance we could see the pre order $400 price tag again during the week of 7/10??

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: ichibaneye

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
This is making me want one as well. Only thing holding me off is the cost.

Any chance we could see the pre order $400 price tag again during the week of 7/10??

You'll just have to wait and see when it comes to 7/10. ;)

Although...to celebrate Benson Elvis Extracts having us at their booth at the cup in the bay last weekend we did put up a code 'BENSONELVIS-CANNACUP' that...ya know...might save you $75. We've had a rough week so we may have forgotten to take the coupon down...ya know. Maybe. :D

(It'll be up through the weekend.)

And concerning the whole 'blind test' debate. Take my words with a grain of salt (considering I build the things) but...literally every single person who I've seen dab on a Hex-Nail (for the first time) personally has immediately said 'Wow.'

The guys we work with at Benson Elvis Extracts sent me a text after day one of the cup saying he regretted not buying more because they couldn't keep the line at their booth down to dab on the Hex-Nail. Free (solventless) dabs. Sitting there. In your face. And people still waited to hit the Hex-Nail.

To be fair...they were running a 24mm QCB XXL Quartz Banger.

Which might even be getting a tuning soon...Thanks to a fan here at FC and our friends there. <3

MileHighHuman

This type of review and information about the science of the device is what will get it sold. To be honest i really wasn't look to spend this much on something that controls the temperature of my coil since they have other options out there for much cheaper. But with now understanding HOW the HexNail performs BETTER than the standard enail is what has me ready to make my purchase. i dont even own one yet, but i can understand how the temperature fluctuation control could really improve the vaporization process. Not only do you cool down your nail when you add oil to it, but also when you start to inhale room temp air thru it, so the hex nail making these things a non factor is going to provide a better overall vaporization process and experience. Not to mention how it was said this can also allow you to decrease the temp another 50 or so degrees, which we all know the benefits of.

I can't stand reading stuff like this any more... My mouth starts watering, I swear. End game for me is a Sublimator with a Hex-Nail and I keep telling myself to hold out until that's available but I don't know how much longer I can wait without a Hex-Nail in my life.

On a side note, I had an idea for a setup that I think I'm actually going to commit to doing this year... Steampunk Sub. Imagine a Hex-Nail with custom copper plating running a DabBulb, sitting in a Sublimator that's been treated to look like distressed copper on the outside... placed next to a tube amp for maximum Steampunk. A bit of an investment, but not much work involved and it would look incredible.

Im in the same boat as you!!

Thats because HexNail is a game changer.

This is what i like to read :rockon:

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: mutten840

toros23

The guys we work with at Benson Elvis Extracts sent me a text after day one of the cup saying he regretted not buying more because they couldn't keep the line at their booth down to dab on the Hex-Nail. Free (solventless) dabs. Sitting there. In your face. And people still waited to hit the Hex-Nail.

Congrats on your success at the cup! That is awesome! :clap:

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
Congrats on your success at the cup! That is awesome! :clap:
Just wait 'til we can actually afford a booth & enter for 'Most Innovative'. ;)

Also thank you...It was genuinely one of the most stressful 2 days of my life. Sitting here worried he'd have an issue or someone broke it at the booth or some crap like that. *high anxiety*

toros23

Just wait 'til we can actually afford a booth & enter for 'Most Innovative'. ;)

Also thank you...It was genuinely one of the most stressful 2 days of my life. Sitting here worried he'd have an issue or someone broke it at the booth or some crap like that. *high anxiety*

So sorry I couldn't make it!! Please don't hesitate to offer again next time you are down in the area for a show. Maybe I can make the next one with a little more planning.

toros23,

HexNailAva

Manufacturer
So sorry I couldn't make it!! Please don't hesitate to offer again next time you are down in the area for a show. Maybe I can make the next one with a little more planning.
We didn't make it down either. It was sort of a silly idea but we like to dream sometimes. :D

We're planning on attending shows and getting our own booths as soon as we have the time and funds to do so. I've been excited to get a booth of our for a couple years now.

Elemen0py

Thats because HexNail is a game changer.
One day people are going to look at the Hex-Nail like they do at de Verdamper; other's are going to come out and take their own stab at doing what the Hex-Nail does and you never know, some might do it pretty well, but there's only ever going to be one legit, OG, oldschool name that started it all from a place of passion, and we know who that is.

PoopMachine

One day people are going to look at the Hex-Nail like they do at de Verdamper; other's are going to come out and take their own stab at doing what the Hex-Nail does and you never know, some might do it pretty well, but there's only ever going to be one legit, OG, oldschool name that started it all from a place of passion, and we know who that is.

Indeed.

Here is a link to my original review way back. All of those little issues are a distant memory but the performance sure isnt.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/h...-much-more-to-come.22541/page-11#post-1082800

This thing is so good I flat out stopped coming on FC altogether because I don't think 'smoking weed' can get any better right now. Or ever. Unless there's some amazing shift in what we know or how concentrates are produced.

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Just pulled the trigger on a 30mm Liger with sic insert and storm cell carb cap. Can't wait to pair with with the Hex-Nail.

Hopefully you receive exactly what you ordered once you get it. :rolleyes:

This thing is so good I flat out stopped coming on FC altogether because I don't think 'smoking weed' can get any better right now. Or ever. Unless there's some amazing shift in what we know or how concentrates are produced.

Yo! We don't "smoking weed" here. It's all about saying Fuck Combustion! We extract and vaporizer my dude. :rockon::tup:
Cheers! :cheers:

Top Bottom