Here's your chance to buy a D-nail Sapphire Halo!

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
@grokit

I think that they only make them in batches of 30.
Hopefully another batch is in the works.

:(

The Sapphire Halo I have is part of the first batch to be released to the public.
Due to the small batch size, purchasing was by invitation only and you could only purchase one Sapphire Halo per customer.
I would contact D-Nail directly to be placed on the waiting list, either Diane in Customer Service or Willie in the Custom Shop.

After initially being placed on the waiting list in November of last year, I was persistent to the point of having to apologize for my pushiness to ensure I was part of the first release, however I have no regrets.
The Sapphire Halo is ridiculously efficient.

It is seriously worth it, in fact I would almost consider buying another for a back-up in case the unthinkable happens.

After dabbing on the SiC Halo I didn't want to use anything else and felt fairly snobby, now after using the Sapphire Halo I don't even use my SiC dish at home.

In short: You must have one.

:tup:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
It is seriously worth it, in fact I would almost consider buying another for a back-up in case the unthinkable happens.

After dabbing on the SiC Halo I didn't want to use anything else and felt fairly snobby, now after using the Sapphire Halo I don't even use my SiC dish at home.
I think I'll follow your lead, get the sic sooner than later then stay alert for sapphire opportunities.

As I am on a budget, the sic dish seems like the perfect backup for the sapphire :tup:

tylerj55

It is, I use mine as a backup for when I'm out of the house. I would say you'll probably notice more difference switching to the SiC from something else than you will going from the SiC to the Sapphire.

This for sure.... But you will still miss the Sapphire a little when using the SiC lol. At least I do.

Gn0sis

Just got this email from D-nail :D. Much sooner than expected. I waited less for the sapphire dish than I did for the SiC lol. :

".....We are contacting you to let you know that there is a D-NAiL® Sapphire HALO™ dish ready for you and we want to give you a fair chance to get it!

**Please be advised that you will ONLY be able to purchase one (1) Sapphire HALO™ dish at this time - if you need any other accessories (ex. base, coil, etc) please contact us to handle this for you separately.** "

2clicker

Observer
im starting to want a dnail device. all my oil usage is done on the RDA/temp control ecig platform.

just not sure how often ill be able to use it. cant have this kinda shit just laying around all the time. still though i want one.

Oneiric

im looking to get in on this current batch of sapphire halos, but see that there aren't any slim series base in stock. Will I be okay ordering one of the others? Any main differences in performance?

Also, I have a high5vape with a 20mm coil, but was thinking of picking up the dnail flat coil if it's compatible. Can anyone confirm whether it is or not please?

Thanks!

Edit: are there any other bases that are compatible with the Sapphire Halo besides the HE Inifiti?

Oneiric,

Monsoon

im starting to want a dnail device. all my oil usage is done on the RDA/temp control ecig platform.

just not sure how often ill be able to use it. cant have this kinda shit just laying around all the time. still though i want one.
The Next Gen thread has been discussing cheapo setups the last few pages if you don't want to spend much. My personal recommendation for a budget setup would be the Auber RDK-200 (or 300), flat coil and D-Nail HALO of your choice which is under $300 for a normal dish or around $450 with the Sapphire. Add another ~$50 for a cheap rig from China.

Edit: are there any other bases that are compatible with the Sapphire Halo besides the HE Inifiti?
1sourceprod.com may still have D-Nail bases left but you have to call them.

Me too, guess I'm ready =/ Steep price, I just hope it will last for years.
If you never torch it and you treat it with care it should. I think mine is 2 months old now and still performing great! I dab at 610F, then quickly Q-Tip the leftovers before they start to burn and then bump the temp to ~770F or so to get most of the rest. Since I can't torch it, I've been going as high as 1000F but only in 50-80F increments both up and down to minimize thermal shock. I usually only go higher than 850F if there's some hard to get spots which isn't often.

Whatever base people get, I suggest getting the heat retainer when it's back in stock if you're ordering the Sapphire HALO. Sandwich the coil between the base and the retainer and then you can gently screw on the dish on top so it's not too tight. That way the surface should be heated more evenly and there's no risk of the coil edging into the dish and causing stress points. Also makes it easier to swap dishes without removing the coil.

Gn0sis

Whatever base people get, I suggest getting the heat retainer when it's back in stock if you're ordering the Sapphire HALO. Sandwich the coil between the base and the retainer and then you can gently screw on the dish on top so it's not too tight. That way the surface should be heated more evenly and there's no risk of the coil edging into the dish and causing stress points. Also makes it easier to swap dishes without removing the coil.

+1 to suggesting getting the heat retainer. I tried to use the HE Infiniti base first, and immediately noticed that the glass joint of my reclaimer would heat up to an uncomfortably high temperature and it would make "crackling" sounds like a hot glass teapot would (using OGB's reclaimers). I didnt even feel safe to turn it up to 850F for cleaning. With the Slim Series base, I can touch the top of the glass joint for a second without it hurting.

Last edited:

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
@Monsoon

Agreed on all points.
Especially amusing is your chosen sapphire dabbing temperature ... I'm @ 609*.

:D

Do you have an thermometer to measure actual dish temps?
I don't but have been wanting to pick one up for educational/entertainment purposes.
I know what controller temp settings I like on various set-ups; it would be interesting to see how the dish temps correspond.

alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

2clicker

Observer
The Next Gen thread has been discussing cheapo setups the last few pages if you don't want to spend much. My personal recommendation for a budget setup would be the Auber RDK-200 (or 300), flat coil and D-Nail HALO of your choice which is under $300 for a normal dish or around $450 with the Sapphire. Add another ~$50 for a cheap rig from China.

so that $300-500 dnail price is just for the nail itself? that does not include a controller?

i can get digi temp controllers at a nice discount.

2clicker,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Paid for mine today, sadly they didn't manufacturer any bases to go along with these since they are sold out. I guess I'll find out if it works with my cheap-o china titanium base. Will report back with news, especially the flavor =)

Gn0sis

paying for mine right now as well :D

quick question for the owners:

whats the max temp you guys have used to clean your sapphire dish and for how long did you leave it at that temp?

the maximum of 750F d-nail suggest seems a little low for cleaning to me

Last edited:

Oneiric

I got my Sapphire Halo the other day, but so sad because I don't have a base for it, so I can't even use it.

I have a Liger 2.0 I just got with a quartz insert and it's pretty nice. I have a SiC insert on the way. I hope that'll be a nice difference, but I really can't wait to try my Sapphire.

Anyone k ow if there's an ETA on the slim series bases?
-Oneiric

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Well, I got it, 300 bucks for a little dish and a nut! Let me tell you, the flavor off the nail at 650 was amazing. I capped it and ripped it until I couldn't, then got 2 wispy hits afterwards. Wiped clean with dry qtip. Very solid. I love how perfectly flat the bottom of the dish is. I do need to get a compatible base because I like the more restricted airflow on the stock retaining nut. This is working good with my cheap dhgate enail base.

hyvg1xW.jpg

EDIT: Second session, blue dream wax 87%, seems very efficient compared to my china quartz hybrid. I'm over-medicated :whoa: Another thing I noticed, the cotton mouth is a lot more intense off the same sized dab in the sapphire halo.

Last edited:

humpi

I got my Sapphire Halo the other day, but so sad because I don't have a base for it, so I can't even use it.

I have a Liger 2.0 I just got with a quartz insert and it's pretty nice. I have a SiC insert on the way. I hope that'll be a nice difference, but I really can't wait to try my Sapphire.

Anyone k ow if there's an ETA on the slim series bases?
-Oneiric

I read some where on here its about another 4 weeks away? The halo will fit on those cheap ti hybrid nails you can find from China. I have been using my SiC halo on a hybrid nail until I can get a heat sink.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Sorry for back to back posts but for those needing the dnail slim series base for their halo's, they're back in stock. :peace:

psychonaut,
Reactions: Monsoon

Oneiric

Thanks for the heads up. Put my order in and hoping I'll get my base so I can use it to celebrate the 4th!

On a side note, can I get some people's opinion on my glass rig please?
https://www.badassglass.com/sidecar-matrix-dab-rig.html

I tried doing research on what a good oil rig would be, but I feel like I'm just even more confused. Should I not be so worried about it? Will a really nice quality piece of glass improve my dabs like this sapphire halo does?

Any answers are really appreciated. Cheers

Oneiric,
Top Bottom