Here's your chance to buy a D-nail Sapphire Halo!

herbivore21

Ok, so d-nail have the next run of Sapphire Halos incoming ETA 2 weeks and they are taking dibs.

I am told this time around that anyone can place dibs by contacting Willie (manager at NY office - please note that D-nail have expanded and some staff have moved to the new Oregon location) on facebook or by PMing the main dnail facebook page. Those who are not cool with facebook (wise people!) should try to call or email Willie at D-nail HQ to place dibs. Strictly 1 sapphire halo per person except for VIPs and Beta testers is the official word..

Cost is $300 for the halo. Obviously these are only for those who are prepared to spend baller amounts, I can assure you that this is the unequivocal best nail on the market as somebody who has used them since the very first release.

Please note that there is a good chance reservations will fill out quickly, they may even have already. Still, you will be able to be put onto the next reservation cue if you miss out I believe. Do keep in mind these take 3 months to manufacture though, so if you are on next reservation, there'll be a long wait.

Hopefully this helps get some of my fellow FC people into a sapphire halo so that they can see what all the fuss is about :)

Please direct queries to Willie at D-nail HQ, as I do not work for d-nail and do not have time to field questions - I only share this in the hopes that some of you guys can get in on this epic dab setup :D

Last edited:

Monsoon

Thanks for the heads up dude! I'm heading out the door now but I'm gonna give it some thought and possibly email Willie later tonight.

herbivore21

Thanks for the heads up dude! I'm heading out the door now but I'm gonna give it some thought and possibly email Willie later tonight.
Hopefully you can get in on it, it would be great to have someone else here who has used one to comment lol. I've been the only one repping the sapphire halos on FC for way too long!

You can place dibs and then later decide to back out if circumstances change (no shame in this, these are a very expensive item and few of us have this kind of cash just laying around for discretionary spending!). D-nail guys are used to some customers inevitably having to do this and as soon as they list that someone backed out of their dibs it gets snapped up right away anyway :)

herbivore21,

Monsoon

Hopefully you can get in on it, it would be great to have someone else here who has used one to comment lol. I've been the only one repping the sapphire halos on FC for way too long!

You can place dibs and then later decide to back out if circumstances change (no shame in this, these are a very expensive item and few of us have this kind of cash just laying around for discretionary spending!). D-nail guys are used to some customers inevitably having to do this and as soon as they list that someone backed out of their dibs it gets snapped up right away anyway :)

I just PM'ed them on Facebook, I'll let you know how it goes! I guess they just announced it to the beta folks so far since I'm supposedly on the info list for the Sapphire. Maybe that will increase my chances? Despite the high cost I think it's a pretty safe purchase right now since in the oft chance I don't like I doubt I will have a problem selling it at cost

The timing is kind of lucky, I was just about to pull the trigger on the Liger V2 since I thought the Sapphire was further out. I'll probably still get it later but I like spread out my nail purchases if possible and it sounds like the Liger will only get better if I wait since they have a rapid development cycle. As pricey as the Sapphire Halo seems to be, with the components I have now (carb cap, slim series base, flat coil), it actually costs me about CAN$45 less than the full Liger setup with one insert and carb cap. Shipped prices are C$430 for the Halo and C$475 for the full Liger V2 kit plus extended life D-Nail 20mm at current sale price.

Just wanted to confirm one thing, is it safe to clean it by using a water dropper on the dish when heated like the quartz? Or is just heating it up over 900F enough to clean everything including the sides? I will obviously not be using a torch on this one at all so I just want to be sure I can get it cleaned easily while in use.

herbivore21

I just PM'ed them on Facebook, I'll let you know how it goes! I guess they just announced it to the beta folks so far since I'm supposedly on the info list for the Sapphire. Maybe that will increase my chances? Despite the high cost I think it's a pretty safe purchase right now since in the oft chance I don't like I doubt I will have a problem selling it at cost

The timing is kind of lucky, I was just about to pull the trigger on the Liger V2 since I thought the Sapphire was further out. I'll probably still get it later but I like spread out my nail purchases if possible and it sounds like the Liger will only get better if I wait since they have a rapid development cycle. As pricey as the Sapphire Halo seems to be, with the components I have now (carb cap, slim series base, flat coil), it actually costs me about CAN$45 less than the full Liger setup with one insert and carb cap. Shipped prices are C$430 for the Halo and C$475 for the full Liger V2 kit plus extended life D-Nail 20mm at current sale price.

Just wanted to confirm one thing, is it safe to clean it by using a water dropper on the dish when heated like the quartz? Or is just heating it up over 900F enough to clean everything including the sides? I will obviously not be using a torch on this one at all so I just want to be sure I can get it cleaned easily while in use.
I would actually never recommend cleaning even hot quartz with a water dropper, but definitely do not clean sapphire that way - it is less thermal shock resistant than quartz.

Luckily, sapphire is much, much easier to clean than quartz (which is an absolute PITA in my view lol) - just jack it up to 930-950 and leave it for 5-20 mins. Typically it'll be nothing but white ash, then just qtip it when cooled down to get rid of the ash :D

herbivore21,
Reactions: Monsoon

Monsoon

I would actually never recommend cleaning even hot quartz with a water dropper, but definitely do not clean sapphire that way - it is less thermal shock resistant than quartz.

Luckily, sapphire is much, much easier to clean than quartz (which is an absolute PITA in my view lol) - just jack it up to 930-950 and leave it for 5-20 mins. Typically it'll be nothing but white ash, then just qtip it when cooled down to get rid of the ash :D
Cool, sounds like it should be fine then. I actually got the water dropper idea for quartz from a comment Brian made on Facebook. I've got one with a small angled tip for precision and for the most part the nut doesn't touch the water, the way it sizzles of it doesn't seem much different than a dab. So how would thermal shock come into play when both the water and dab are at the same temperature? If it's a long answer, you can just say SCIENCE! :science:and leave it at that ;)

thegoo

This is great news!
Thank you @herbivore21 !!
My D-nail has been down recently as I have been having technical problems but I really hope that I can get in on this next round of halos.
I had terrible luck with the Quartz Halo cracking and hope that the sapphire halo fixes my troubles.

herbivore21

Cool, sounds like it should be fine then. I actually got the water dropper idea for quartz from a comment Brian made on Facebook. I've got one with a small angled tip for precision and for the most part the nut doesn't touch the water, the way it sizzles of it doesn't seem much different than a dab. So how would thermal shock come into play when both the water and dab are at the same temperature? If it's a long answer, you can just say SCIENCE! :science:and leave it at that ;)
It is really in the amount of water being applied, the temp of the water and the temp of the dish. Enough water at a low enough temp on a hot quartz nail will shock it (cause a rapid enough temp change) into breaking. This is not to say it will necessarily happen every time, but I wouldn't want to take the risk myself. :)

You'll love the sapphire for cleaning bro, it really is the way it should be IMO :)

This is great news!
Thank you @herbivore21 !!
My D-nail has been down recently as I have been having technical problems but I really hope that I can get in on this next round of halos.
I had terrible luck with the Quartz Halo cracking and hope that the sapphire halo fixes my troubles.

A pleasure my friend, and I am sorry to hear about your experience with the quartz man, I am actually interested to try and get to the bottom of this issue since I have seen you and one other report broken halos lately. Hey tell me, did you ever clean your quartz before it broke or did it break before you ever got a chance to try cleaning?

YES!!!

I have been waiting raptly for the public release of the Sapphire Halos!

E-mail Mother-Fucking-Sent.

:rockon:
A pleasure to help you too, I hope to see you get in on one brother! Can't wait to hear more of my FC people's thoughts on the sapphire :D

herbivore21,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Hmmm...I wonder if this will work with the Errlectric Infiniti coil? I would have to buy a compatible base too.

DieHard,

Monsoon

It is really in the amount of water being applied, the temp of the water and the temp of the dish. Enough water at a low enough temp on a hot quartz nail will shock it (cause a rapid enough temp change) into breaking. This is not to say it will necessarily happen every time, but I wouldn't want to take the risk myself. :)

I'm careful, usually only a drop or two at a time of room temp water. But if it broke tomorrow I'd just swap in my SiC Halo and order a new one when they're in stock. I'd be more concerned with the sapphire breaking though due to the replacement cost and poor availability.

Hmmm...I wonder if this will work with the Errlectric Infiniti coil? I would have to buy a compatible base too.
Might work, I know the original SiC used a coiled heater on the base instead of a flat coil. For less than the price of the coil though you could get another e-nail unit with a flat coil included and may work better with the dish.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I'm careful, usually only a drop or two at a time of room temp water. But if it broke tomorrow I'd just swap in my SiC Halo and order a new one when they're in stock. I'd be more concerned with the sapphire breaking though due to the replacement cost and poor availability.

Might work, I know the original SiC used a coiled heater on the base instead of a flat coil. For less than the price of the coil though you could get another e-nail unit with a flat coil included and may work better with the dish.
I already have the coil tho. It was a freebie added to my last order.

DieHard,

Monsoon

I already have the coil tho. It was a freebie added to my last order.
Sweet! I think it'll work especially if you placed the titanium spacer disc under the dish to help conduct the heat up. You can buy an individual slim series base from them but to accommodate the coil you would need an HE InfiniTi hollow threaded post which AquaLabs sells.

If it doesn't work well for you, I bet you'll be able to sell it at cost on their Facebook group.

Monsoon,
Reactions: DieHard

toolbox12

Thanks for posting this, hopefully I am not too late to get on the list. Been excited about the sapphire halo for quite some time now. Fingers crossed

toolbox12,

vjt324

dude a good buddy of mine got a dnail flat coil for his errlectric. i believe he hit up dnail and got a coil wired for an errlectric. tbh i think my buddys setup is the best of both worlds...errlectric unit w a dnail nail. hes also a beta tester for the sapphire halo and i can def confirm everything @herbivore21 says about the halo. Taste is incomparable.

Edit- Email sent!! lol

Last edited:

thegoo

@herbivore21
So I just got word from D-nail.....apparently they are not taking pre orders or putting people on a wait list. They are only willing to take email addresses for future updates on releases of the Sapphire Halo.
Sucks. But it was worth a try, thanks anyway for the heads up.

thegoo,

Monsoon

@herbivore21
So I just got word from D-nail.....apparently they are not taking pre orders or putting people on a wait list. They are only willing to take email addresses for future updates on releases of the Sapphire Halo.
Sucks. But it was worth a try, thanks anyway for the heads up.
I had a feeling that might have been the case since I was on that list before and hadn't heard anything yet. I guess make sure to have the cash ready for when they do go up since they'll likely go quickly.

Monsoon,
Reactions: thegoo

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
^^^ Yep.

I sent them an email on Saturday and received a polite form letter response indicating the same.

alittledabwilldoya',

Monsoon

Brian just mentioned on Facebook they're only ordering 30 at a time so depending where you are on their list it might be awhile. Apparently if they order more than that, it just means a longer wait time for delivery.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Brian just mentioned on Facebook they're only ordering 30 at a time so depending where you are on their list it might be awhile. Apparently if they order more than that, it just means a longer wait time for delivery.

Hmmm ...
After receiving the aforementioned polite form letter acknowledging my interest, I responded saying:

"Excellent!

I contacted Diane months ago with a request to be added to the mailing list for the Sapphire Halos, happy to hear that production is imminent.

... "

My initial contact with Diane regarding my interest in the sapphire halos was in November.
Not sure where that would put me on the list but here a selection of the reply I received:

" ...

In the meantime, I've made sure that you are at the top of the list and you are confirmed to be one of the first people to get a message from me when I have any new information to share."

Fingers crossed.

alittledabwilldoya',

tylerj55

Nothing on my side yet :(

I asked them to be placed on the list around 8 months ago, did you just recently ask? I am not sure how many other people are on the list, but I imagine it can't be way too long. $300 is a whole lot of money for a nail dish lol my girlfriend is under the impression I got it free as a beta tester haha! I couldn't help myself though, from what I have heard about the flavor, I will be beyond happy as long as I dont break it Day 1 like I did my first SiC nail.

tylerj55,

Monsoon

I asked them to be placed on the list around 8 months ago, did you just recently ask? I am not sure how many other people are on the list, but I imagine it can't be way too long. $300 is a whole lot of money for a nail dish lol my girlfriend is under the impression I got it free as a beta tester haha! I couldn't help myself though, from what I have heard about the flavor, I will be beyond happy as long as I dont break it Day 1 like I did my first SiC nail.
I've only been on it a month, didn't even know there was one before that. Hopefully I'm not too far down it, I saw Brian mention they only have capacity to produce 200 a year right now.

Monsoon,
Top Bottom