Herborizer corner

Carlos8400

3-5 gr.?? Guess you need a t-break, my friend! ;)

Got no msg from VDNM up to now rearding availability of the microdose bowl. It isn't listed in stock at least. Have to change my damaged GH at them but don't want to visit them until they'll have the Herb MDB in stock. Will report when they'll arrive. They promised to send me a notification.

Im afraid this isn't the right place to discuss this, but IMO t-breaks are a waste of time!
I have never been able to go back to a low tolerance. Even if i quit for a week all it takes is two hits and i am back to the same place.
Also i don't think i actually get higher going through 3 to 5gr a day than i would if i only used 1 to 2 gr a day.
It's just that the Ti makes it so easy to shovel loads in, it's hard not to do it.
I really do it because i can, not because i should...
Which is why the micro bowl might be a great idea, i'll probably do as many bowls a day, but smaller ones.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
"Even if quit for a week..." seems not to be the needed time for a tb in my experience ;)

Hogni,
Reactions: dimmusp

MrMonss

@Carlos8400 & @invertedisdead
That's exactly my feeling, you put words on my current ills. I will try not to light it in the morning, it's so easy to disappear a few minutes at the vape station that it gets bad.
But at the same time, t. break are not in my projects either.

"Even if quit for a week..." seems not to be the needed time for a tb in my experience ;)

So what's the time ?

1*gd798iMasS8SCZo1bLHPYQ.gif

Alexis

Okay guys I just emailed Seb asking for more specific info on the Digi-Ti, as well as predicted Micro bowl stock. Will report back.

Also tried my newly arrived FC-UFO with XL earlier. I made a new whip from wider ID (10mm) silicon hose. The UFO is so stable for a start, and very tidy looking. Very pleased.:)
Enjoy your evenings be it with Ti, SH, GS, GH, DV.......spot the theme?;)

Alexis

Enjoy! I love my UFO in each way.
I did hit it too hard actually. I have done this before with the XL, the first time I ever used it with the D020-D. It was late and dim light. I was tired and stoned, and the milk was not so visible in the new bubbler and low lighting.

Similar with the UFO today. Low lighting and I thought I wan't getting a lot of vapor. I hit it harder and harder and was fast blowing out big clouds. It got me!

Just clearing mucus now after food, XL is warming up for round 2 with UFO.:science:

Last edited:

Alexis

The last time i quit for 2-3 months i had to go live in another country! And even then, my tolerance came back in no time.
I really think that once you reach a certain level, no TB can get you back to the first step, and no extra amount in the bowl can get you to the top of the stairs either...
Carlos, have you considered reincarnation? :rofl:
No joke though I can't disagree with you. Except we can all be so different as individuals, physiology, mental habits/traits, history etc etc.

So t-breaking will still work for some, but even then it is only very temorary unless prolongued by more disciplined, moderate use, ideally with a day off here and there.

But I understand that even this may not work for you- I respect you for being so hardcore but I'm also glad that my situation has forced me over the years to keep my tolerance relatively in check. Pros and cons in most things in life I think.

Try increasing your consumption of black pepper though because it is apparently a cannabimimetic and works in some regulatory/activator way or somehow for the ECS.

Essential fatty acids are also extremely important .I think it goes (?) that when people are deficient in these fatty acids and cannabimimetic compounds, then they will be less able to experience or utilise the cannabinoids.

So lots of omega 3's and other healthy (natural;)) dietary fats, lots of black pepper (it is the piperine that does the magic). It also massively enhances the absorption of turmeric to take it with pepper.
I now take my cannacoconut oil with a natural cod liver oil, vitamin d, black pepper,,sea salt and sunflower lecithin before meals. It is delice trust!:drool:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
I just got a msg from "Verdampftnochmal" They told me they've found some microdose bowls in their last delivery. But only 14 mm ones with inline adapter 18,8->14mm. They told me the mdb (at least the 14mm) increases draw resistance a lot. But when being comfortbly with that you will miss the draw restriction when using the regular bowl. But shall work pretty good. Still not listed but in stock!
I've reserved one at once but don't know when I'll find time to fetch it the next days.

Last edited:

Carlos8400

I just got a msg from "Verdampftnochmal" They told me they've found some microdose bowls in their last delivery. But only 14 mm ones with inline adapter 18,8->14mm. They told me the mdb (at least the 14mm) increases draw resistance a lot. But when being comfortbly with that you will miss the draw restriction when using the regular bowl. But shall work pretty good. Still not listed but in stock!
I've reserved one at once but don't know when I'll find time to fetch it the next days.

I asked Seb a while back and the MDB is only available in 14.5mm.
He said the design would not work with a larger size bowl.

Alexis

Emailed Seb and got a response back on targeted date for DigiTi release. He said:

Bonjour,
The digital Ti will not be available until March/April
Thank you and happy new year 2018 !
Best regards,
Sébastien

So looks like soon...
Good on you bruv for providing us substance to get our teeth into. He is going to email me back too with more info on a few things.
As long as the Digi-Ti is simply interchangeable with the current controller, I will see if I can get the system minus controller and use my XL one until then.

Dubmonkey

@Alexis got more info from Sébastian/Herborizer :

Bonjour,
The digital controller will not work with the analog Ti Injector and the power supply (Ti and XL)
The Ti digital injector will be more powerful and equipped with a thermocouple probe (4 connections)
The price will also be higher than the analog Ti
Only the glass parts will be identical
Thank you for your interest
Best regards,
Sébastien

Guess we will need to see what kind of 4-pin plug will be used. Interested in the Herborizer as a daily driver. Right now it’s between the SH/FP and GS that are my daily’s which both are 5-pin XLR. Was hoping to use my Peli Nail but it is sounding as if it might be better to just get the controller and DigiTi pieces minus the glass rig.

Alexis

@Alexis got more info from Sébastian/Herborizer :

Bonjour,
The digital controller will not work with the analog Ti Injector and the power supply (Ti and XL)
The Ti digital injector will be more powerful and equipped with a thermocouple probe (4 connections)
The price will also be higher than the analog Ti
Only the glass parts will be identical
Thank you for your interest
Best regards,
Sébastien

Guess we will need to see what kind of 4-pin plug will be used. Interested in the Herborizer as a daily driver. Right now it’s between the SH/FP and GS that are my daily’s which both are 5-pin XLR. Was hoping to use my Peli Nail but it is sounding as if it might be better to just get the controller and DigiTi pieces minus the glass rig.
Thanks man. You spoiled my show! I also had some info from Sebastien about the digital Ti. I have been too tired to post it yet, I was saving the "big announcement" to gain some popularity around here- you beat me to it and forced my hand now!;)

Anyway, here is the very similar, but not identical info he gave me:

"The digital Ti should be available for spring, late March or early April

The current power supply as well as the analogical controler works with the Ti and the XL
But it will not work for the digital Ti

The heating element of the digital Ti will be different from the analog Ti (36W and 2 connections)
The Ti digital injector will be more powerful (70w) and equipped with a thermocouple probe (4 connections)

The power supply of the digital Ti will be different and more powerful

All glass parts will be identical for analog Ti and digital Ti."

Discuss (what an awsome exam question that would make, takes me back to my philosophy degree:lol:).

-Right! So for a start, the digital won't work with the current controller, we can now be sure.

-It should be a SIGNIFICANT upgrade.

-Obviously it will cost more- I anticipate at least €380-400 for the system alone without water tool- (you can quote me on that, Im usually very good with this sort of thing!)

Now, my own personal concern is that this will be effectively almost like a different vaporizer.
I am going to buy the Ti again because I can now tolerate it very well, I can't tolerate any of the other big heavy hitters I have tested (FPSH and GS namely).

I can't take any more risks, I need to know for sure the next vape I buy will not cause a bad reaction like those other 2.

For all I know now, the digital Ti could effect me differently and be badly tolerated.
I mean, for example, if setting 5 produces air heated to 190 C, and the digital is set to 190 C, would the vapor and effect be exactly the same?

I can't be sure now. I was kind of hoping the heater would remain unchanged, just with better accuracy and reactivity.

A very big bonus to the digital is being able to know what temps you are at.
I could happily wait until the spring, but I am thinking it is a risk for my allergies etc to venture into another unknown void.
I just want a vape that I know I can use comfortably and enjoy. So right now, as much as I want the best, I feel it would be more sensible (and cheaper) to get the analog Ti.

Calling on my friends for your :2c: on this ( @biohacker , @Hogni @invertedisdead and of course, the master- @lazylathe ! Think that's ALL my friends?:hmm:)
And all other wise members as well of course, for any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Alexis

Digital in very nice and convenient and the direction most of my vapes are headed.
I have 6 vapes on my bench now and 5 have digital temp readouts. (actually 7.. missed the Grasshopper)
What i am also finding is that i am not changing the temps all the time anymore! Find a temp that hits hard and does not make me cough and light brown ABV and i stay there.

Another important thing to consider is that the digital readout is just telling you heater temp, it has nothing to do with actual vaping temps. Think of The Plenty vape, it has a temp dial with a pointer, it's telling you heater temp and not herb temp. I go by vapor formation, effects and ABV color. The set temp is just an easy reference point to set it to.

When i used the Ti i found the controller to be slightly annoying and finding the exact temp again was difficult. How i resolved this was to find my temp and then just unplug the whole vape from the power, this way the dial never moves once you are happy. The RooR Vapor was the same but with use i got quite used to the dial and could get it pretty close each time.

My thoughts are:
If you are happy with the analog version, why not just use that?
You know it works for you better than most other vapes, so stick with it.
If i was in your situation, that is what i would do and buy every accessory for it!
Unfortunately my brain wants every vape out there...LMAO!

Alexis

@Alexis

Digital in very nice and convenient and the direction most of my vapes are headed.
I have 6 vapes on my bench now and 5 have digital temp readouts. (actually 7.. missed the Grasshopper)
What i am also finding is that i am not changing the temps all the time anymore! Find a temp that hits hard and does not make me cough and light brown ABV and i stay there.

Another important thing to consider is that the digital readout is just telling you heater temp, it has nothing to do with actual vaping temps. Think of The Plenty vape, it has a temp dial with a pointer, it's telling you heater temp and not herb temp. I go by vapor formation, effects and ABV color. The set temp is just an easy reference point to set it to.

When i used the Ti i found the controller to be slightly annoying and finding the exact temp again was difficult. How i resolved this was to find my temp and then just unplug the whole vape from the power, this way the dial never moves once you are happy. The RooR Vapor was the same but with use i got quite used to the dial and could get it pretty close each time.

My thoughts are:
If you are happy with the analog version, why not just use that?
You know it works for you better than most other vapes, so stick with it.
If i was in your situation, that is what i would do and buy every accessory for it!
Unfortunately my brain wants every vape out there...LMAO!
Thanks a ton for your thoughts bro, always so crystal clear, precise, so well put for the layman and 100% relevant every time!

If I didn't have these crazy allergies, Im sure I would also want them ALL- ALL MINE!:evil::lol:

Perhaps not quite as driven as yourself though.
Personally, when I tested the Ti in November, I didn't have any problem with the dial and beong happy with repeat performance. Although not as accurately dialed in as digital, it seemed very consistent. Either bang on 5, a slight fraction over etc. It was quite easy to judge and replicate, and a little variation is no bad thing for me personally.

I kept between 5 and 5.7 mostly. I would adjust it as well totally spontaneously.
One of the things I do really like about the Ti- I find it effortless to extract everything from the herb on these moderate temps. The abv came out darker than the FP and GS abv, on lower temps.

I was going though herb faster with those 2, and feeling like there was still too many actives left behind, my lungs would never allow me to go high enough to get everything. Somehow, the Herbo Ti darkens the herb, fully spends it, quite quickly too, on setting 5 (with heat soak), and the vapor is still very smooth and kept it's taste to the end of the bowl.

And all this, without causing these awful adverse reactions.

Your words of sound reason are very reassuring, and that is also my thinking. I just didn't want to get left behind with the (crappy) analog Ti, while I watch you others rave about how awsome the digital is, rivalling the FPSH and GS even (?).
Thanks buddy, always a solid pillar of assurance and the best advice you will find on FC!

biohacker

I was saving the "big announcement" to gain some popularity around here

dude you have some of the wickedest street cred out there! :ko:

you can quote me on that, Im usually very good with this sort of thing!

:rofl:

i'd go with what you know, since you are so confident now! Grab the Ti again and :popcorn:the digital whenever it comes out... chances are that it may be closer to the GS with that beefed up heater?

Thanks for sharing that info! :rockon:

Alexis

@biohacker thanks man you guys have helped me feel confident in making the right decision, in no rush too. :tup: It has been an interesting journey through these vapes, I don't regret any of it (AS LONG as I can sell my Symphony, of course;)). By no means is the quest over, there will always be greener grass a'yonder!:nod: Just no sense for the meantime, take the comfortable route.

I'll tell you what I am enjoying- the FC-UFO with the XL. So much easier to hit than the Sphere. Perfect draw resistance, with no noticeable drag, much easier to get going than the sphere.

Also easier to hit harder too- need to pace my draws now or it gets my chest a bit, and me!
It's smart and tidy as well. I rigged up some whips, but the adapters are too loose. I got 1cm ID tubing, I never could use the Herbo whip for long- just harder work so I figured a wider ID and shorter whips (60-70cm).

Partly with visitors in mind, but the UFO works really well with glass mouthpiece. I think it will be great for the Ti. You can watch it milk and clear too. The FC-186 needs a mirror.

Sorry guys, random sunday thoughts after first vape today, so tired too.
Have a nice evening peeps.:)

MrMonss

Personally I think it's a bit of a geek thing. The current analog setting (although aspect/touch a little cheap/plastic) suits me very well : I put myself at about 6 and that's it.
Especially since the whole experience changes depending on the glass you use, the strength and speed of inspiration, the strain, etc.. In this way, with the experience and the knowledge of my glass vs the herbo, I can go where I want, as I want.
As for washing machines or cars, I prefer the minimum of lights and electronics.
Certainly also that the new version will be more greedy in electricity, with consequences on the invoice but also the solutions type portable baterie..

Joaon

I have experienced some differences between actual Ti heaters. My first one was rocket fire on 5, same as my friend's heater (upgrade handle version).
my upgrade handle version is not so powerful on 5, I have to set it on 6

DigiTi will solve any "calibration" of this sort, and offer a quick recover heat up time after draws.
about what I heard, DigiTi will look almost the same as actual Ti, just with a more powerful heater element with temp probe, but same dimensions of the heater

The DigiTi was actually on the Herborizer's stand on Exprogrow 2017, and performed well for all those visitors !

Can't wait to have one at home :luv:

Last edited:
Top Bottom