• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herborizer corner

hanfhead

is high
Congrats on joining the club. I am sorry you have to wait to try it out. Maybe you have a friend that would help break it in in exchange for a contribution. I couldn't imagine waiting; I didn't even know I was getting one until I saw it sitting there warm and ready to go. My wife and best friend ordered it and set it up before I got home from work as a gift.

For as flimsy as the handles look and as fragile as it seems, I must say it is built well and I have gotten over thinking it will break for no reason. My brother's girlfriend in particular likes to bang the joints together. *cringe*

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I feel the Herbo is an often overlooked beast of a vaporizer. I have tried most of them you see posted here on FC and I don't understand why some of these other threads see millions of views and the product is nothing too great. I have thought about it for years on ways to improve the herborizer and can never come up with anything. It is already perfect.

hanfhead,
Reactions: Smokey

ucont

Congrats on joining the club. I am sorry you have to wait to try it out. Maybe you have a friend that would help break it in in exchange for a contribution. I couldn't imagine waiting; I didn't even know I was getting one until I saw it sitting there warm and ready to go. My wife and best friend ordered it and set it up before I got home from work as a gift.

For as flimsy as the handles look and as fragile as it seems, I must say it is built well and I have gotten over thinking it will break for no reason. My brother's girlfriend in particular likes to bang the joints together. *cringe*

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I feel the Herbo is an often overlooked beast of a vaporizer. I have tried most of them you see posted here on FC and I don't understand why some of these other threads see millions of views and the product is nothing too great. I have thought about it for years on ways to improve the herborizer and can never come up with anything. It is already perfect.

Thank you, I have just managed to acquire 2 grams of Blueberry Cheese so the wait is over... well T Minus 6 minutes for her it to warm up

I'm starting at 5 and going from there

EDIT: Well this is great - To be honest I wasn't getting much visible vapour initially I waited half an hour with it on 5.5 and I got a lovely taste from it but not much more.
After turning it up past 6.5 with the same result I decided to put some more weed in, I think I could have just spread it about a bit more to cover the screen though?

I waited for it to cool back down after turning it to 5.5, with about .2-.3g (maybe less, I don't have scales) I got a few great hits of vapour.

I shall have another before I go to bed, I don't really want to be smoking all of that in one sitting by myself and I don't think I really need to. :whoa:

ucont

...I just want the heater system because i already get a bubbler.
Is it possible to get the basic system with a cheap "variater" (something to change t° levels) or it don't work like that and it's better to get XL system?

I shall have a look to see if I can find the post/source of where I read that.

Salut Marco, If you to use a standard injector with the variateur XL, that will not do damages but the injector will not be sufficiently hot, it is necessary a heating more powerful element. We will not have any new injectors. ..simply, will propose ourselves systems with joints of 18 or 14 on the bowl.B.Regards
Seb

There you go - It was back on page 6 of this thread.

ucont,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

This is an US forum, and the Herbo is french. Not very comfortable for an all-glass 350€ vaporizer. I think those are the main reasons why the Herbo is not more loved at FC. High price + Very Fragile.

Most people want something less expensive or less prone to damage. Plus, a lot of people have kids or dogs or cats and that is not a very friendly situation for an all glass vaporizer.

So, in the end, people just turn to sturdier units or units that can be quickly or easily put in a closet or a drawer.

I will eventually get one, i just love the look of the Sphere XL... to me, it's the most beautiful vaporizer in the market.

vorrange,
Reactions: LeTchen

Smokey

Cloud Master
I will eventually get one, i just love the look of the Sphere XL... to me, it's the most beautiful vaporizer in the market.

It sure is!!

As for the fragile matter, just for information, I have had my basic injector for more than 2 years now...I broke like couple of bongs and 2 spheres over this time...mainly because of my dog but hey, shit happens. Every time the whole set up crashed from a height of about 60cm and none of these times the injector was damaged. The bowl handle did break, but the injector always came out intact, so...if you are worrying about the injector resistance, it is quite sturdy!

Smokey,

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Glass is always more fragile than steel !.... but glass is much more safer, and if you take care (do you drink in steel or glass ?! :) ) you can keep it many years. And the Herborizer are very good vaporizers

LeTchen,

Timothy

Glass is always more fragile than steel !.... but glass is much more safer, and if you take care (do you drink in steel or glass ?! :) )

There is still a stainless steel cartridge heater in the air path of the Herborizer so that is kind of a moot point. It would be nice if he would update the Herborizer to cover the expossed heating element like the VHW, not that the stainless is harmfull, but just because most seem to overlook the fact that the stainless is in the air path

Timothy,

Sweetbuds

First off all I'd like to thank you all for the very good information, I read all the 19 pages of the thread and it was very useful in many ways. I'm new in the forum and for vaporization as well, i've been combusting weed for the last 18 years. So stoke to discover new healthier ways to consume this sacred herbs, so decide to buy my first vaporizer. I live in Brazil and there are not many vaporizers here yet, but im going for the ones with all glass and proved non toxic materials. Never tried the herborizer but i have to say that i fell in love since i first saw it on the net. The reviews are mostly good, and i'm trying to find reasons to convince myself to purchasing it. Look's like a really beautifull piece of glass and most owners seem to love it. I can handle the fact that is pretty expensive for me (euro 3 to 1 here, but hey can't put a price on your lungs) that its a very fragile breakable piece so i would have troubles with reposition parts scince there are no herborizer dealers here.
But what concerns me the most is the fact that in many posts here and in other forums from spain and portugal there is a number of people talking about a plastic smell coming from the injector. Even Sabastian wrote here that this should be normal (!?) Many people said the plastic smell went away after few uses. So my questions for you Herbo users are:

Is there actually wires insulated in plastic on the air path? (cant really tell only from pictures)

And if so, after the plastic taste is gone, wouldnt be possible that this wires continue to release chemicals and carcinogenic substances regardless if you can taste them or not?

Even that combustion have its problems, it's pretty safe, so IMHO if im gonna stop doing it, it should be replaced for a better and healthier choice...
Like i said i really love the Herbo design, the hands free and everything but after some research i'm thinking of buying the VHW almost against my will! (looks clumsy as fuck, but again i could be wrong) because it seems to have a cleaner airpath.

Thanks again fuckcombustion and everyone here for all this public interest information :rockon:
Peace!!!

Sweetbuds,

ucont

Hey, bearing in mind I've not had mine very long so I may not be your best source...

its a very fragile breakable piece so i would have troubles with reposition parts scince there are no herborizer dealers here.
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the injector and bowl, I was slightly concerned about them being too fragile (mainly the glass 'arms') as they look so fragile in the pictures.. As long as they are packaged correctly they should survive the trip to Brazil.

I'm thinking of getting a small flight case with foam inserts to store my injector and bowl... such as one of these.
l0n9.jpg

A larger one to store the bong.
oqqw.jpg

These are from cases-and-enclosures.co.uk, but you should be able to get something similar in Brazil - old camera case etc

But what concerns me the most is the fact that in many posts here and in other forums from spain and portugal there is a number of people talking about a plastic smell coming from the injector.
I have not noticed any bad smells coming from my injector, I did get mine second hand, so it may have already been removed with initial use - however I did ask if the previous owner. He had not noticed any in any of his Herborizers.

Is there actually wires insulated in plastic on the air path? (cant really tell only from pictures)
Without removing the insulation I can't tell you for sure - but I think the wires from the heating element are extruded up and out of the side and then connected to the power cable (where the green bit of silicone is on the recent models of the injector.)

And if so, after the plastic taste is gone, wouldnt be possible that this wires continue to release chemicals and carcinogenic substances regardless if you can taste them or not?
As LeTchen said, it's silicone - which as far as I understand does not react within the temperature ranges of the vape? I may be wrong on this too though...

ucont,

Sweetbuds

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the injector and bowl, I was slightly concerned about them being too fragile (mainly the glass 'arms') as they look so fragile in the pictures.. As long as they are packaged correctly they should survive the trip to Brazil.

I'm thinking of getting a small flight case with foam inserts to store my injector and bowl... such as one of these.
l0n9.jpg

A larger one to store the bong.
oqqw.jpg

These are from cases-and-enclosures.co.uk, but you should be able to get something similar in Brazil - old camera case etc

I have not noticed any bad smells coming from my injector, I did get mine second hand, so it may have already been removed with initial use - however I did ask if the previous owner. He had not noticed any in any of his Herborizers.

Without removing the insulation I can't tell you for sure - but I think the wires from the heating element are extruded up and out of the side and then connected to the power cable (where the green bit of silicone is on the recent models of the injector.)

As LeTchen said, it's silicone - which as far as I understand does not react within the temperature ranges of the vape? I may be wrong on this too though...[/quote]

Thank you for your answer.

Pretty sick little suit case!!! But as i said i'm still a bit concerned about the silicone in the air path.

Not saying that it's bad for health, but i gess we can't really know. I'm gonna go with the

Vriptech VHW because i couldn't find conclusive information on the herborizer. Hopefully i'm just triping

and Sebastian come forward to explain that they are completly safe and show us some evidence of

that, so I can purshase one myself. :)

Peace!!!!

Sweetbuds,
Don't forget that the vhw 3.0 setup uses a silicone ring to close the airpath - granted it's not in the direct airpath, but same goes for the herbo, the air passes the silicone before it's heated in the herbo. So the silicone/health concern should not influence your decision - i have both herbo and vhw and they both feel 100% safe health wise...

what's most important when deciding between vhw and herbo are your priorities, vhw tastes a little bit better (barely noticeable) but the herbo is 1000x superior when it comes to handling (also aesthetics if you care)... i prefer the herbo by far, even though i'm really snobbish/eccentric when it's about the taste of weed (I've been working on own creations for a few years now, mostly hazes and some diesels - so i'm really well trained in detecting slight differences/nuances in taste/smell)

if you want a true all glass vape have a look at the gnome - the gong-gnome with a 250ml ehle or similar plus a chef-torch will give you pure, thick vapor with a 10/10 in taste (once you found your sweet-spot), highly recommended!

edit: forgot to mention the solo... look into the solo too! it's the best allround unit imho... i think a waterpipe, solo + gong-adapter and a gong-gnome gives you great value for your money and you have everything covered with it :)

Last edited:
SoulCaptivesAreFree,

ParadisVapo.com

Retailer
At max temp, the top of the resistance don't exceed 130°C. I don't know the silicone used by Sebastian, but the worst silicone isn't a problem until 160°C. The best quality silicon can withstand 250°C/300°C.
The food-grade silicon is a mixture of silicon polymers with a silicon catalyst (platinum or peroxyde).
If the platinum silicon is inert until 250-300°C, the "peroxidized" (cheaper) silicon allowed particles to migrate above 160°C.
I hope this help you :)

if you want a true all glass vape have a look at the gnome

Also the Vaponic is really good (there is a very little piece of silicon, but it remains always cold) ;)

ParadisVapo.com,
Also the Vaponic is really good (there is a very little piece of silicon, but it remains always cold) ;)

the vaponic and the gnome may look similar at the first glance but really they're not...

the gnome is based on convection, whereas the vaponic is based on conduction. also the design of the heating element of the gnome gives it an amazing heat-retention that out-performs any other flame-powered vape i have used to date.

also much easier to get the sweet spot with the gnome (and to hit it always repeatedly) - the vaponic is really hit and miss

don't get me wrong the vaponic is nice, but it can in no way be compared to a gnome (much less the gong version that i recommended)

:)

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Max_aro

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Roor basic version will deliver more enjoyable vapor than the Sphere basic ? Or is it only a matter of design, and at the end the vapor is exactly the same ?

I know the Roor is expensive but I can get a used one for a good price.

I'm also considering the SSV from 7th floor that seems to deliver nice hits.
What would be, independently from the price, in your own opinion the best option in the 3 for a joint smoker ?

Thanks !

Max_aro,

trontreez

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Roor basic version will deliver more enjoyable vapor than the Sphere basic ? Or is it only a matter of design, and at the end the vapor is exactly the same ?

I know the Roor is expensive but I can get a used one for a good price.

I'm also considering the SSV from 7th floor that seems to deliver nice hits.
What would be, independently from the price, in your own opinion the best option in the 3 for a joint smoker ?

Thanks !

Haven't tried the ROOR myself but AFAIK it's only difference is the design of the glassware. The vapor quality should be the same as it uses the same injector component as Herborizer. I believe Martin and Sebastien worked in partnership somewhat to create the ROOR vaporizer.

trontreez,

Max_aro

Thanks trontreez for the info. That s what i was thinking.

Could anybody compare the vapor delivered by a SSV and a herborizer ?

Which one taste better ? Makes you the most high ?

Max_aro,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Sphere or Straight Tube? Which one do you guys prefer and why?

I'm thinking the straight tube is more pratical to hit and to handle but that's about the only difference.

And also, has someone tried a Herborizer with a J-hook?

vorrange,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Great video bleak! I went to your youtube channel last night to see if you had posted a Herbo video since you promised one a couple of months ago. ;)

vorrange,
Top Bottom