Discontinued herbalAire

steiner666

Serial vapist
lol, the HA is the ONLY A/C powered vape that i HAVENT came anywhere near combustion with. Like max said, start at around 350F and blow a few bags there and work your way up gradually to 375F. Even if you crank it up to max at 400F there is no way it could be burning. If you pack a crucible and start vaping right off at 375F+, the HA can put out vapor thick enough to perhaps be mistaken for smoke, at least visually.

As for the part about vapor being released when not in use. I can't really dispute this one. With a black background behind my HA, and good lighting i can clearly see a steady stream of VAPOR wisping out the tip of the nozzle or end of the whip. With bags its not such a big deal because you can just do 2bag rotation and put the 2ns on immediately after the first comes off. Anyways, its not that huge of a waste. there have been plenty of times i put the whip down mid-session and returned to it 10 or so mins later and still had plenty vapor left.

I would, however, like to see a slight redesign on the HA, as mentioned before, with crucible thats easily removable between hits, without burning yourself or nearby objects anyway lol. I keep a tin lid on my desk near the HA so i can dump the crucible out of the unit straight on to it and it wont roll around and melt bags or anything. If i need to take more than a minute break i just dump it out and load it back up.

OO

Technical Skeptical
i always start at 325 and work up to at least 360.

i have started it at 400 in the past and that was a bad choice, it doesn't burn, but the vapor condensate it produces is as harsh as smoking.

i don't recommend starting above 325.
work your way up slowly, take it easy on your lungs, just because you don't see anything doesn't mean it isn't there, vapor is invisible.

OO,
Reactions: MG23

b.rubble

Just received my herbalaire yesterday, tried it in whip mode and I am actually a big fan. I don't like super huge thick hits al la SSV (but i like to get :o and boy does this thing work). Its my third vape following a VG and Iolite so huge improvement overall.

-Warms up fast and is built very well.

-I am a machinist and a huge fan of teflon so + points there.

In bag mode I didn't find i was filling bags any slower than they could be finished (three people)

3/4 chamber lasted me about 3-4 bags but I am sure I can work on my technique and squeeze out some more.

1/3 chamber lasted me a while on whip mode maybe 15-20 minutes :)

If you are hesitant about buying the Herbie, I say go for it i am not disappointed in anyway.

Makes a decent party vape and an amazing 1-2 person vape so its very functional.

Also bought from vaporizers.ca and they were amazing (ordered on monday night and had the unit by thursday)

b.rubble,

OO

Technical Skeptical
go slow, you can get nice thin bags for quite some time if you really go slow with it.

OO,

max

Out to lunch
I would, however, like to see a slight redesign on the HA, as mentioned before, with crucible thats easily removable between hits, without burning yourself or nearby objects anyway
A crucible with a lip on it might do the trick-something that sticks out a little so you could use a little hooked piece of metal to lift it out. It would be a pain, to some extent, compared to a whip model, since the HA is primarily designed for bag use, but a more easily removed crucible seems doable.

max,

OO

Technical Skeptical
or have it screw or pop onto the bottom of the teflon mouthpiece. (the crucible is upside down)

OO,

steiner666

Serial vapist
OO said:
or have it screw or pop onto the bottom of the teflon mouthpiece. (the crucible is upside down)

yeah so they would be combined into one easily removable piece, like a PD stem. as it is now, when i get started vaping a crucible in teh HA, i dont like stopping mid session, which i used to do a lot with previous whip-style vapes.

steiner666,

OO

Technical Skeptical
steiner666 said:
OO said:

yeah so they would be combined into one easily removable piece, like a PD stem. as it is now, when i get started vaping a crucible in teh HA, i dont like stopping mid session, which i used to do a lot with previous whip-style vapes.
i know the feeling, but i still stop.

i usually go from 325-350-360 the first sesh, then when i want to go to bed the next three days, i bring it from 360 to 375, then 380, then 400.

OO,

SalamiCity

I'm really interested in an HA, and was going to buy one for 100$, but I have a supreme and I don't think I would even use the HA until I got back to dorming/house, and I have glass so is there a point? It would deff be nice for parties.

SalamiCity,

steiner666

Serial vapist
For $100 you be crazy not to take it man. Even if its one of the older models with the slower stock pump that takes forever to fill a bag, you could buy a high output pump and 3/5-way mouthpiece too and still be paying less than they cost new. It would definitely be good to have with your supreme, much better for using with noobs and you can revape your supreme abv. plus youd have the HA for when you have electricity but no torch/fuel, and vice versa.

steiner666,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i got the new mouthpiece, and it fits amazingly, but i'm on a break right now, so i'll give it a shot soon with some tea.

OO,

ynwa

I have the v2.1 but sometimes i think my vapour is a bit too thick and heavy. Would a larger pump get more air / thinner vapour into the bags? If so, what kind of pump could i get to replace the one i have (v2.1 Herbalaire pump)

ynwa,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I just bought one for my son. Thanks to everyone who suggested this over the EQ for durability and bag filling!

Tstat,

steiner666

Serial vapist
ynwa said:
I have the v2.1 but sometimes i think my vapour is a bit too thick and heavy. Would a larger pump get more air / thinner vapour into the bags? If so, what kind of pump could i get to replace the one i have (v2.1 Herbalaire pump)

HA offers a high output pump that also comes with a 3 or 5-way mouthpiece so you can fill multiple bags at once. You can, of course, just use the faster pump with the regular mouthpiece though. I haven't had experience with it, but another user said that the HA keeps up with the faster pump pretty well, but i think he said it might have dipped below temp briefly, which could cause thinner vapor. I've looked into other aquarium pumps and stuff on amazon and different sites, but a lot of them say they arent meant to be run without water and that it can cause them to go bad. So, i'm just going to get the official high output pump one of these days.

Alternatively, you could pack less and/or use lower temps. I've found that packing smaller crucible loads does usually produce thinner bags. It's surprising how low of temps you can use with the HA and still get good results. Some users have said they go as low as 325-330F. I would suggest starting at low temps and bump the temp up every bag or 2 as needed to maintain desired level of thickness.

Tstat said:
I just bought one for my son. Thanks to everyone who suggested this over the EQ for durability and bag filling!

Awesome, i'm sure you'll both love it. It's not as flashy or digital like the EQ, but its built to last and really does. Lack of glass and digital temp control and use of an external pump may seem like negative aspects to some people, but there are those of us who know that these things lead to better durability and easier replacements. Digital stuff just doesnt last as long as a good ol' analog dial, especially when its bundled in a small unit that regularly operates at these high temps, and should your pump go bad, you wont be without a vape while you get it replaced like you would if it had an internal pump/fan.

steiner666,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
steiner666 said:
For $100 you be crazy not to take it man. Even if its one of the older models with the slower stock pump that takes forever to fill a bag, you could buy a high output pump and 3/5-way mouthpiece too and still be paying less than they cost new. It would definitely be good to have with your supreme, much better for using with noobs and you can revape your supreme abv. plus youd have the HA for when you have electricity but no torch/fuel, and vice versa.

I would like more info on this please. What temps would u take the the sv to, in order to revape it in the ha? Then, where would u start with the ha? Would the abv be worth saving for edibles after being so thoroughly vaped?

Also what is the general consensus on using a whip and bong together?

notmyrealUSERname,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Well i've never used a sv personally, so i cant really say how well the abv vapes in teh HA. I understand that, in a vape where you could take the herb as far as combustion if you wanted, it really just depends on what you left in it. With a full crucible, i was able to get 2 thick bags and a few more thinner ones out of my DBV and LB abv. I was a bit better with my SSV tho, and was able to evenly extract with it because of that, so i could safely take it higher in temp with it. SO out of my SSV abv i was only able to get about half that.

The main good thing is just that you can not feel like you HAVE to vape your herb as far in other vapes, knowing that you can just run it through the HA and get some bags. using bags for higher temps is much better. As to whether the abv is worth saving, thats just a matter of opinion. I just toss mine usually. I had a smoker friend who used to liek to bum my previous vape's abv off me but since i started giving him HA abv he has stopped asking for any lol. But i know some ppl do save it.

And i havent had a chance to use it with a bong, but i've heard that other users like using it through water. as soon as i get my 100ml ehle i'll let you know for sure tho lol. i imagine it will be better than with whip vapes because it will be truly hands free, with screens on both sides of the herb so nothing accidentally gets blown around, or pulled out of heatercover like sometimes happened with dbv.

steiner666,

OO

Technical Skeptical
it's alright through water, which condenses out the higher boiling actives according to my current theory.

OO,

ynwa

steiner666 said:
HA offers a high output pump that also comes with a 3 or 5-way mouthpiece so you can fill multiple bags at once. You can, of course, just use the faster pump with the regular mouthpiece though. I haven't had experience with it, but another user said that the HA keeps up with the faster pump pretty well, but i think he said it might have dipped below temp briefly, which could cause thinner vapor. I've looked into other aquarium pumps and stuff on amazon and different sites, but a lot of them say they arent meant to be run without water and that it can cause them to go bad. So, i'm just going to get the official high output pump one of these days.

Alternatively, you could pack less and/or use lower temps. I've found that packing smaller crucible loads does usually produce thinner bags. It's surprising how low of temps you can use with the HA and still get good results. Some users have said they go as low as 325-330F. I would suggest starting at low temps and bump the temp up every bag or 2 as needed to maintain desired level of thickness.

Thanks for that Steiner. I had been looking into aquarium pumps but had no idea how good they were, and most were dual output. So ive just gone ahead and order the official one. Not cheap though! But if it fills a bag in 20 seconds like they claim i will be happy. Plus i have the 3 bag piece now which will come in handy with the mates over xmas.

Surprised at how low the Herbalaire can vape though. I was always under the impression that THC vaporised at 185 - 190c (375f). The Launch Box team aim for 193c / 380f as they say that is the ideal temp for vaping.

ynwa,

steiner666

Serial vapist
ynwa said:
Thanks for that Steiner. I had been looking into aquarium pumps but had no idea how good they were, and most were dual output. So ive just gone ahead and order the official one. Not cheap though! But if it fills a bag in 20 seconds like they claim i will be happy. Plus i have the 3 bag piece now which will come in handy with the mates over xmas.

Surprised at how low the Herbalaire can vape though. I was always under the impression that THC vaporised at 185 - 190c (375f). The Launch Box team aim for 193c / 380f as they say that is the ideal temp for vaping.

n/p, and let us know how the HO pump works for ya. i'll probably pick mine up next month, after a bit of recovery from the xmas expenditures. Filling a bag in like 20 seconds sounds really nice. I'm most interested in hearing how your HA keeps up with the higher flow of air. whether the light goes from amber to green during pumping or produces thinner bags. the HA has some pretty good heat retention tho, and I can't get the light to go green during a hit by hitting it hard, so it should keep up well enough. Then again, my screens pretty caked atm :lol: and i'm using stock tubing.

But the temp controller on the HA is pretty damn smart, far from just a rheostat dial that directly controls power to the heating element like in most other analog (or digital, for that matter) vapes. I think thats the reason why it seems to be more accurate with actual vaporization temperature than most other vaporizers. like the dial setting is usually X amount of degrees off from the actual temp of the air going across the herb when using most other vapes. not so much with HA, and i think thats why you can use lower temps than you have to with others.

and sometimes i forget how thick and steady of a stream of vapor this can put out, especially have a couple days of using just wdz/ :brow: :ko:

steiner666,

b.rubble

I usually pour the crucible out of the unit. Flip the unit over tap lightly, the crucible falls onto a paper towel and then i let it cool for 30 seconds and its good. easier than using tweezers

b.rubble,

OO

Technical Skeptical
b.rubble said:
I usually pour the crucible out of the unit. Flip the unit over tap lightly, the crucible falls onto a paper towel and then i let it cool for 30 seconds and its good. easier than using tweezers
agreed, usually a ceramic countertop or plate or ashtray suffices.

OO,

ynwa

The high output pump for this is great! It really is as quick as they say. Not very cheap at 60 but it does work at least 3x the stock pump. More i would say. I havent used the 3 bag adapter yet. tbh it does one bag that quick that there is no real need to do 3 at once. Think its also a bit quieter than the stock pump. The light went green a couple of times after the pump was switched on which i guess is the fast airflow cooling the unit but i dont see that as any sort of problem. It does also come with a little choke adapter so you can slow down the air flow if you want. I just leave it off and get my bag filled in seconds.

ynwa,

steiner666

Serial vapist
ynwa said:
The high output pump for this is great! It really is as quick as they say. Not very cheap at 60 but it does work at least 3x the stock pump. More i would say. I havent used the 3 bag adapter yet. tbh it does one bag that quick that there is no real need to do 3 at once. Think its also a bit quieter than the stock pump. The light went green a couple of times after the pump was switched on which i guess is the fast airflow cooling the unit but i dont see that as any sort of problem. It does also come with a little choke adapter so you can slow down the air flow if you want. I just leave it off and get my bag filled in seconds.

Cool, thansk for the update. I was imagining that the multi-bag mouthpiece wouldnt be needed when single bags are filled this fast either. Thats why i plan on just using the HO pump with bigger bags. The only benefits i can see to using multibag is that you dont swap germs with friends, and so that no one takes massive hits and leaves just a little bit in the bag for someone else, everyone can have their own bag. Other than those things, it seems like it would be more hassle than its worth.

THe pump must be powerful as hell if it can make the front LED turn green. I cant even do that when i hit it as hard as i can in whip mode, at least, not with stock tubing. You could probably just set temp slightly higher than needed to compensate.

steiner666,
Top Bottom