• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued herbalAire

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
the tweak of which we speak:

X1WZSVv.jpg
I have tried this method a couple times now and I like it as an alternative. Screen comes out on me with each load, but that is manageable. ABV isn't as dark as with the crucible but I think it is getting depleted. Thanks for another way to use the HA. :)

MG23

Relaxin'
Agreed, Cybrguy.
The distance from the jets and complete lack of conduction means you are likely losing about 10-20F off of the max temperature with this method.
It isn't much but it can be the difference between borderline black ABV and chocolate colored ABV.
I think after more convection mode use you will find the screen sticking inside as intended; buildup is sticky.

I have been testing convection mode with an HerbalAire Elite top piece for a couple weeks now.
On the website they claim it does not fit the original 2.1 or 2.2, but the top piece that looks like a regular TonG does in fact fit, and goes a bit deeper than the regular TonG. You can't use the included bottom teflon rim, but the cruc is the same as 2.1/2.2 stock.

The bit of extra depth into the 2.1/2.2 that the Elite TonG top has over the original TonG appears to nearly close the temperature gap between the new method and stock (crucible) method while maintaining near pure convection.
I know you aren't interested in purchasing any more peripherals; just posting my findings for anyone interested in convection HA'ing.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I know you aren't interested in purchasing any more peripherals; just posting my findings for anyone interested in convection HA'ing.

Yeah, with the mini crucible and the TonG pack method connected to the D020 or the new slotted downstem I ordered for my bong I think I have enough methods of putting a smile on my face for now. I could probably be talked into a taller glass piece with a bent neck if it was reasonable enough but there are no immediate needs that are not met.
The whole idea was to get away from combustion, and I think I have that covered... :) :)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Do you a know a way to try your convection way with the stock mp, or perhaps I heard something about an inverted crucible....

Any answers?

PPN,

MG23

Relaxin'
It's not really possible to try pure convection mode optimally with stock MP, sadly.
With convection mode the chamber you pack is actually the bottom part of the teflon MP itself; with the stock MP there simply isn't enough room for an effective chamber and the load would be held too high above the jets for them to maintain their efficacy.

When you say inverted crucible method I believe you're referring to using a shortened crucible and keeping the unit inverted so the crucible never touches the bottom (hottest) part of the oven.
Using the HA that way does cut some idle conduction, but not nearly to the same extent of the TonG/Elite TonG convection method.

Last edited:
MG23,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ok, I'm considering to order one...

Do you know if a EU retailer got it in store? (the HA TonG)

PPN,
Reactions: MG23

MG23

Relaxin'
Luckily for you the ONLY retailer that currently carries the TonG and Elite TonG accessories is in EU.
Outside of Vapefiend the only option is buying directly through HA, and they don't exactly have the cheapest shipping.

HA Elite TonG (my recommendation for convection mode):
http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/e.../Shops/es115421_es122485197719/Products/42112

Original TonG (also works, but not quite as well and no extras):
http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/e.../Shops/es115421_es122485197719/Products/42013

MG23,
Reactions: PPN

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I stole this image from someone else's post. For searching purposes, what would this adapter be called (other than 18mm adapter)?
I'm looking for a way to more easily use the D020 with my HA without getting so close to it.
zob7.jpg

cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks, t-dub. :) Because it is graduated it should fit multiple sizes of tubing. I'm trying to decide whether I want the straight one or the angled one.

This is an interesting one too.
wrlt8i.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I use the Magic flight water pipe adaptater (a whip connect to the GonG) when I want to use my HA through water not inverted....
I ordered the Elite mp to Vapefiend, I want to test the convection method!

The Shrike

To date, I haven't yet tried the convection method with the standard Tong, but, as I said before, the idea really appeals.

And then our friend MG23 comes up with an improvement on that - namely using the Elite Tong, which sounds even more promising.

However, I wonder if perhaps this link is better, as it is just the Elite Tong -
http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/e.../Shops/es115421_es122485197719/Products/42115

Would this also be suitable?

The Shrike,

MG23

Relaxin'
However, I wonder if perhaps this link is better, as it is just the Elite Tong -
http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/e.../Shops/es115421_es122485197719/Products/42115

Would this also be suitable?

That is the same Elite TonG as I linked only without any additional accessories thrown in.
It is the same price with or without the accessories (17.95) so I chose to link the one with freebies.

I ordered the Elite mp to Vapefiend, I want to test the convection method!

Awesome! Just remember you'll also need a 3/8" screen to form the convection mode chamber.
The TonG comes with stock screens but they're too large for this purpose unless you cut them.

Last edited:
MG23,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I decided to try this piece to create desktop solution. I am a little concerned about the fragility of the elbow but it's worth a try for not too much. Hopefully the diameter of the hose connector will work with my 1/4" silicone.

(still working on proper posting procedure... ;) )

Last edited:
cybrguy,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
jkwarrior200:

Experience has shown me that the bags lose the majority of their tastes within ~ 30 minutes. The effects are still there, and take a little longer to lose, but I much preferred to either finish the bags quickly, or to not fill them full, if I only wanted to take a quick 1 or 2 hit sesh.

jkwarrior200

I also heard this unit runs a little hot like 10-20degrees over specified temperature do you take that into consideration?

jkwarrior200,

MG23

Relaxin'
I also heard this unit runs a little hot like 10-20degrees over specified temperature do you take that into consideration?

What...? No. If you are referring to what I said I was talking about a new method.
When used as intended the HA is extremely accurate to the temperature set. (within 2*F)

Last edited:

MG23

Relaxin'
Nope; for me it has been fixing those very problems (among others) on a daily basis for years.
If it isn't a normal occurrence for you I would chalk it up to coincidence.

MG23,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

jkwarrior200

Last night was my first time using the herbal aire and I did bags.
But Yeah I'm thinking maybe it was something I ate or just a coincidence but like I couldn't finish the second bag I felt like I would puke.
Has anyone noticed like coughing a bunch from vaping I was at 360 and I was coughing like crazy? Maybe I'm taking too much in at once?
Also is 20 hits normal for a bag I was sure I got well around 20 but I thought a read somewhere you only get 5 or 6 per bag?

I'm just really scared for next time it's gonna make me feel like throwing up and stuff again.

Last edited:
jkwarrior200,
Top Bottom