Discontinued herbalAire

djelimon

So you find it's ok using the whip? It works, but I didn't like the restricted flow.
So the first time I tried doing the HA whip thang was in the lounge where I just subbed the whip for the bag and ran the pump.

Then I actually got one and the manual says to detach the pump and just draw on the whip. Doing it that way feels like any whip to me.

Haven't decided which whip method I like better, I agree a nice high intensity bag is niiice, just haven't gotten around to making one yet :rolleyes:

Thanks for the stealth tip. I'll probably stick with my Oxy mini for now tho if I'm in the field.

djelimon,

Trichsticks

Hanging around
I can be added to the list of happy owners of this very well made unit. Purchased direct from Canada to UK totalled 185 (which inc. 30 UK tax).

I use the balloon as I find the whip is a bit difficult for my abused lungs. Did also try fanning it straight into my mouth via the whip - not in the instructions :rolleyes: with hand on motor button and laying back and puffing the mouthpiece. Actually I did splutter so not recommended.

So happy with the world of vape went and purchased an Iolite. Another great unit. A lot easier on the draw than the Herbalaire whip (possible imaginery) and gives the changing tastes that can be lost in balloons.

Thanks to all posters for great info. which has helped in my purchases.

Trichsticks,

Alpha

Just an FYI-

I've been using my HA as a backup "injector" (my Herborizer is out for repair). The neck piece(without the straw) can plug right into a 18mm gong joint and seal perfectly at the lower part of the joint. It doesn't seem to give me the same "soaring" high as the herbo, but it may be better with small amounts.

Alpha,

THC

Daft Vapour
anslinger said:
Hey, y'all.

I bought the HerbalAire first. I got the Extreme for the fan assisted whip and bong hits. When I was a smoker, my preferred method was the bucket/aqualung/gravitybong. The Extreme is the closest I've found. I bet a heat gun would be as good/better, but seems a little more cumbersome.

As for airflow, I think that restricting it is (to a point) a good thing. I'm not interested in inhaling a lot of air, I do that when I'm not vaping. The Extreme may well provide a psychoactive effect using .1G, but it's not a very thick, satisfying vapor. "Lung gratification" is important to me. I'd try turning it up, but I've had combustion issues at 325. So I don't dare go above 315.

If I'm not using it correctly, I'd love to get to the bottom of it. But I've read all the threads on this forum (best vaporizer forum ever, by the way) and I can't figure what I might be doing wrong.

If I were to pick up another vaporizer, it would be a PD or an II.

If I where u m8 IMHO it sounds like you should try the The Verdamper Vaporizer they do a smaller version as well now but that or a rigged ssv for bong hits these boy again INHO are like spliff substitutes (for me any how) and for parties or bong sessions i hook a gong (No fan) direct draw ssv work like dream i have used a the Verdamper Vaporizer and as the bong is built in it works better simulating bong like hits again ,imho :) Peace

Again, loving this forum.
Mod note: You need to put your post AFTER the end quote, to separate it from the post you're quoting. Soz about that MOD!!

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
hazy said:
Auralis, I've got the 6" straw and you're right, it's a waste of time. I could feel the hot air burning the roof of my mouth. I also don't like the way the straws restrict the airflow even further. Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking about adding some tubing, and I had guessed about half a metre should do it. I'm having trouble finding a suitable piece of silicone tubing as it is very expensive and difficult to obtain in small quantities (around here at least).

I wanted to avoid the complication of adding a water pipe but several people have recommended it so I might see what I can rig up. Otherwise I can just stay with the bags for now because for me they seem to work very well. It's just that it would have been nice to also have the option of a smooth direct inhale method.
An idea:
web.jpg

And my grass gas mask with the herbalaire standard pump works like a dream great for being extremely silly & watching cheech and chong dvds or parties!! lol!
IMG_2450.jpg

IMHO as well mate the closest and for me better thing to a bong hit is the good old Verdamper you missing your bong ? get a VHW and a smooth Verdamp hat or bowl stick on the front of a huricane say and you will be a very happy chappy shit the hebleaire uses so little some times i get it to pump into my Ver first or pull at same time for MAX flavour and terps, the best thing is trying different ways to get your freak on fun fun fun

THC,

THC

Daft Vapour
max said:
I've had a herbalAire for 2+ years. I don't use bags much anymore, but I like it for company. Bags are best for people new to vapor. I'm satisfied with the pump and the slow fill, and love the efficiency. The bags that came with my unit were fine. Later, they went to a stiffer bag material and it leaked too easily at the connector. The company recently told me they were changing back to a thinner material like the Volcano/Toppits bags, which I use. I've been very happy with the herbie and wouldn't trade it for a Volcano.
Soz to dbl post, I wouldn't trade either max its a very efficient vape not masses of vapour but great flavour and you use 3 peas worth and you can do something that i like doing is get a set of 4 crucibles($4.99 I think) then you can put a strain in each and its like changing the cd in a disc man lol next flavour next album:) GREAT for terps too!

THC,

ZeroTheory

Hello, made an acct just to post this ;)

I own an herbalaire and have vaped from the Iolite so I cannot speak about other vaporizers.
What I love about it is the fact you don't have to grind up your stuff. The crucible can hold quite a bit, you can pack the bud in tight and vape a large amount if you have several people to share around.

ZeroTheory,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi Zero! Welcome to FC and glad to hear you're enjoying your Herbalaire...and Io :)

Lo,

THC

Daft Vapour
ZeroTheory said:
Hello, made an acct just to post this ;)

I own an herbalaire and have vaped from the Iolite so I cannot speak about other vaporizers.
What I love about it is the fact you don't have to grind up your stuff. The crucible can hold quite a bit, you can pack the bud in tight and vape a large amount if you have several people to share around.
yea i love the efficency and lack of grindoing with the herbie its great for terps as well hi bruv!

THC,

stoned in class

Just recently got an HerbalAire with the pump upgrade. The 3 piece head and the upgraded pump are pretty sweet. It's perfect for when you got a bunch of people around. Though the 3 bags sometimes take forever to fill up, and it seems faster to just go with the one bag. Definitely worth what the price asks.

stoned in class,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I've been looking into getting a bag vape... for parties and just to have one for some variety. Even though i'm very fond of quality german engineering, I"m highly doubtful i'll ever shell out for the volcano. So i've pretty much narrowed my choices to this vape, the Zephyr Ion, or the Extreme. What i'm trying to do is find the main differences in them, and discover which best fits what i'm looking for.

I'm not concerned with multi-functionality. I have a SSV which, imo, delivers the best whip hits possible, so I really don't care about direct inhalation methods for any of these vapes. I'm just wanting to know which is the most efficient and easiest to use. I want a vape that can easily evenly and fully vape a load of about about .2 grams or so without letting things go to waste. I've always feared leaking seals and such with bag vapes, so the quality of the bags and connections used to fill and inhale from them is important.

I've heard that the Herbalaire is the most efficient bag vape out there, but i'm not sure if thats true. I can see that it's the least expensive of the lot though, which i like. I also see that it has an analog temp control, which i'm used to and doesnt really bother me, especially if it helps bring down costs.

Can someone who's had experience with some or all of these vapes give me some input?

Also, on the herbalaire product page on vapeworld, it says "No massive fan like other vaporizers... Scientifically designed 18 very small precise jets create no wasted blends and the perfect amount of air to blend ratio." Can someone expand on this? How exactly does the inflation of this differ from the Ion or Extreme? Also, can someone tell me if the "add to cart" option appears for them on the mentioned page http://tinyurl.com/yjcsypy because i'm only seeing add to wishlist, but maybe its my browser.

steiner666,

MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
hey all I have not yet posted about my Herbalaire....

It is very efficient. I ran out of buds and used ABV from the VHW and MFLB and was able to get TWO THICK bags (plus a third thin one) from a single crucible packed tight with abv. Impressive and the high was great if you dont mind higher temps.

When using buds I routinely get 6-8 bags from each fully packed crucible, which is kind of big about .6g. Smaller packs work great too as mentioned previously; this was for 'testing' purposes. I usually start with one bag at about 335deg f. Then I blow one at 350, two or three more at 370, and then at 400 until they get thin. They all taste fine to me. The thickies really start at 375, you cant see your hand behind the bag in the sunlight. The unit works great with hash or oil. The mouthpeices drip abv honey after a while which you can scrape onto the crucible and gets a couple more thick bags per bowl.

When I bought the HA, I already had the VHW to smack me upside the head. In my experience I have never gotten so high or had such tasty hits as the VHW, it is amazing. My MFLB is great for travel, but I needed something for at home when I didn't want the wand and big-bong setup out, or for in the morning when I dont want to get super smashed. So this fills that gap very well.

But the most impressive part about the unit is the versatility because of the pump. You can direct draw, whip, or auto-whip. You can fill a bag and inhale it, or suck the bag into a bong, OR hook the whip to the bong and have an auto filling bong which amazes everyone. All the hits are thick, but the auto bong is not as thick or tasty as the VHW. I find myself using the bags sucked through a small bong the most often. Gets me ripped and the hits are smooth. I get about 4-5 hits per bag.

The unit heats up super fast, in exactly 3 minutes every time. Temp changes are done in seconds. The unit has NO glass, LCD or anything to break. The manufactures included air pump has been upgraded as of Jan 2010 and is much faster. It fills the provided bags in 1.5min. Plenty fast for me. If you hook another piece of hose to the air pumps air intake it is about 60% quieter.

I would highly recommend this unit to anyone, through vapeworld and the FC-2010 discount code the price is unmatched at JUST $219.12 shipped ground for free with a free 4 stage metal grinder. Nice.

steiner666

Serial vapist
So, for whip hitting this thing, can you just take regular ssv/dbv-sized tubing and slip it over the nozzle then, or do you have to use the narrower stuff? Do they sell replacement nozzles for the HA (the white tip on top)? If i could slip some of my tubing from 7th floor over one nozzle for whip hits and have a separate nozzle for just filling bags, that would be ideal.

steiner666,

stinac

MikRoOrganix said:
hey all I have not yet posted about my Herbalaire....

It is very efficient. I ran out of buds and used ABV from the VHW and MFLB and was able to get TWO THICK bags (plus a third thin one) from a single crucible packed tight with abv. Impressive and the high was great if you dont mind higher temps.

When using buds I routinely get 6-8 bags from each fully packed crucible, which is kind of big about .6g. Smaller packs work great too as mentioned previously; this was for 'testing' purposes. I usually start with one bag at about 335deg f. Then I blow one at 350, two or three more at 370, and then at 400 until they get thin. They all taste fine to me. The thickies really start at 375, you cant see your hand behind the bag in the sunlight. The unit works great with hash or oil. The mouthpeices drip abv honey after a while which you can scrape onto the crucible and gets a couple more thick bags per bowl.

When I bought the HA, I already had the VHW to smack me upside the head. In my experience I have never gotten so high or had such tasty hits as the VHW, it is amazing. My MFLB is great for travel, but I needed something for at home when I didn't want the wand and big-bong setup out, or for in the morning when I dont want to get super smashed. So this fills that gap very well.

But the most impressive part about the unit is the versatility because of the pump. You can direct draw, whip, or auto-whip. You can fill a bag and inhale it, or suck the bag into a bong, OR hook the whip to the bong and have an auto filling bong which amazes everyone. All the hits are thick, but the auto bong is not as thick or tasty as the VHW. I find myself using the bags sucked through a small bong the most often. Gets me ripped and the hits are smooth. I get about 4-5 hits per bag.

The unit heats up super fast, in exactly 3 minutes every time. Temp changes are done in seconds. The unit has NO glass, LCD or anything to break. The manufactures included air pump has been upgraded as of Jan 2010 and is much faster. It fills the provided bags in 1.5min. Plenty fast for me. If you hook another piece of hose to the air pumps air intake it is about 60% quieter.

I would highly recommend this unit to anyone, through vapeworld and the FC-2010 discount code the price is unmatched at JUST $219.12 shipped ground for free with a free 4 stage metal grinder. Nice.
niceeee review !!!!
i ordered today, cant wait to get it.
I hope that there will be no problem with customs, like it was with DBV.
They sad that i need doctor approval for aromatherapy machine (idiots, and my country is in prehistorical age), but this time im gonna say that this thing makes flavorful balloons for my closet, filed with lavender or something like that.

stinac,

MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
steiner some people do use the larger diameter tubing. I compare it to a straw at mcdonalds, which seems to be wider than other places. You can drink pop a lot faster. Seems like a great idea to me. I still have the thin tubing, so I don't use the whip as much, however, when I use the pump-assist auto-whip, I don't have any issues! :)

stinad thanks :) best of luck and report back!

MikRoOrganix,

Hammock Guru

Hmmmm.....I have two Aromazaps, a Myrtlezap, a Vapor Genie, and an Herbalaire. (I'm never far from any of my devices.) Each has it's character; the Herbalaire is definitely the one I pull out when friends are about. It does what it promises to do.

HG

Hammock Guru,

stinac

I finally got it and im very impressed! i own dabuddha for about 1 year, and never used bag unit before. Im used to finely grind my bud with my mendo mulcher, so i put two screens on the http://www.herbalaire.com/pictures/main_mouthpiece.gif , and 2 screens on the botton of the crucible It is so easy to use this vape, so efficient and flavorful !!!! I never got popcorn taste like with DBV. ABV is evenly dark brown, (not so dark like DBV), so i try to vape it with dabuddha and i did get few hits, but with no effect. I wanted a bag vape with max efficiency and smallest bowl, so i can use it alone and i couldnt be happier now! The upgraded pump is very nice, it fills bag under a minute and extract 95% of THC in single bag (0,1g of weed)

stinac,

Portability

supreme thru sovereignty
whats up everyone
just dropped by to ask a quick question:
could the herbalaire be used as an aromatherapy or oil diffuser?

Portability,

stinac

Portability said:
whats up everyone
just dropped by to ask a quick question:
could the herbalaire be used as an aromatherapy or oil diffuser?
yes you could, just put some kind of little plate on top (without mouthpiece), but it has auto shut off 30min.

stinac,

Katilsday

steiner666 said:
So, for whip hitting this thing, can you just take regular ssv/dbv-sized tubing and slip it over the nozzle then, or do you have to use the narrower stuff? Do they sell replacement nozzles for the HA (the white tip on top)? If i could slip some of my tubing from 7th floor over one nozzle for whip hits and have a separate nozzle for just filling bags, that would be ideal.
I recently replaced my stock herbalaire whip with SSV tubing (and SSV glass mouthpiece, GonG connector) and it works great. I often used the stock whip to great effect, but it took a while due to the slow airflow. Though the tubing is slightly smaller than the herbalaire main mouthpiece (that goes on top) it fits with a little effort, and once stretched will slide on and off easily.

I primarily use it with the SSV whip, either with the mouthpiece or GonG, and pull the tubing off to use the bags. The larger diameter makes the whip hits much more satisfying, as does the ability to use a glass mouthpiece.

MikRoOrganix said:
steiner some people do use the larger diameter tubing. I compare it to a straw at mcdonalds, which seems to be wider than other places. You can drink pop a lot faster. Seems like a great idea to me. I still have the thin tubing, so I don't use the whip as much, however, when I use the pump-assist auto-whip, I don't have any issues! :)
I wasn't aware other people had done this, but I definitely find it allows for much thicker and more satisfying hits (though possibly with less efficiency) and I really enjoy using the glass ssv mouthpiece instead of the teflon. Today I took a glass tube (from a broken slide, cleaned and sanded) and slid it into the tubing, just against the mouthpiece. My idea is that this will collect the resin that would otherwise build up in the first two inches of tubing, similar to a box vape's whip.

The Herbalaire is great, but it'd be awesome if the company would provide optional glass for upgrades, like 7th floor. Like MikRo said, it's awesome how versatile and durable it is (no breakable parts for clumsy friends), but for everyday use, glass is nice.

Stinac - i use Iso (91%) to clean the teflon with no problems. I'd use 99 if I could find it.
It would be interesting if the Ion valve fit the HerbalAire. Seeing as how well vape accessories mix and match, I wouldn't be surprised!

By the way, has anyone else noticed that HerbalAire has changed their welcome screen? The other pages seem to have kept the older color scheme, but the main page's former black background is now stark white with a disinterested, oddly pale woman walking through a field of lavender. It hurts my eyes!

Katilsday,
Reactions: MG23

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
Hey all. I finally decided to upgrade from just my iolite, so I decided to get the Hebalaire v2.1. I figured it was relatively small, and it had both whip and bag options. After a couple of smokes I have to admit I am a little disappointed. When I am blowing up bags the vapor is super thin, with or without a higher output pump. No matter what I do, I can't milk a bag.

At this point I think the fault is all my own. Can someone please instruct me on how to properly assemble a bag (I think I am doing this all wrong). Also, any information on how to maximize your efficiency and experience would be appreciated. This is my first "big-boy" vape so please help me get it going properly.

ioright,

Katilsday

First off, as an Herbalaire user, let me say I rarely use the bags anymore. I found a larger diameter whip (SSV) is pleasant, and gives much more satisfying vapor more easily. You say you think you're doing it all wrong, but you don't give any specifics on what you're doing but I'll try my best to help.

That said, if you really want thick, thick clouds of vapor, grind your material as fine as possible and pack the crucible as full as you can (make sure to put a screen on top of the crucible). This isn't as efficient as using smaller amounts, but grinding the material finely makes it vape faster, so you'll have thicker results in the first bag.

Also let the full crucible sit in the unit for a minute to heat up before turning on the pump, that will help.

I can get thick clouds with the whip, the bag, or through water, but I didn't at first. It has a learning curve just like anything else.

Also you might want to check the Herbalaire forum here for some tips. http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=315

Katilsday,
Reactions: MG23
Top Bottom