• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued herbalAire

mrfloopa

Vappy
SD_haze said:
~also~
When a load is cached, you need to use tweezers to get the crucible out while its hot, right?
How easy is it to empty it out & throw another nug in there while hot?

How good are you with tweezers, is the real question. :lol: You can also turn the entire unit upside down, which might also empty it when it lands. You can change it hot, just be very careful not to touch it. It really depends how you feel and how tightly you packed the crucible. I wouldn't take any chances if you only have the one crucible and are too toasty. :2c: Let it cool touching your grinder or an altoids tin or something metal, as suggested above. :)

mrfloopa,
Just joined up with a purchase of a HerbalAire.

Looking forward to a full size vape after picking up a dragon-lite portable (not a altogether shabby unit itself)

I have owned a vapor bros unit but never anything nicer.

A couple questions, since the included bags seem to be lacking what brand bags do you recommend?

Also with the talk of using it with a bong, what adapters are recommended?

Thanks,

Green

Imagreenwitya,
Imagreenwitya said:
A couple questions, since the included bags seem to be lacking what brand bags do you recommend?

I personally didn't have a problem with the bags, but if you like you can go to a grocery store and pick up reynolds-type turkey bags, or look online for a box of volcano bags. Check out our trusted retailers page for a sweet discount.

The teflon mouthpiece portion will mate very neatly to a 14mm Glass on glass female stem. That's the smaller of the two common Glass on glass sizes. You might be able to get a workable seal from a 9mm non GonG, and if you have the 19mm gong, you can purchase a flush mounted 14mm adapter for about 12 bucks.

You made a wise choice, the HA is an effective, versatile vape.

charliedontsurf,
charliedontsurf said:
Imagreenwitya said:

I personally didn't have a problem with the bags, but if you like you can go to a grocery store and pick up reynolds-type turkey bags, or look online for a box of volcano bags. Check out our trusted retailers page for a sweet discount.

The teflon mouthpiece portion will mate very neatly to a 14mm Glass on glass female stem. That's the smaller of the two common Glass on glass sizes. You might be able to get a workable seal from a 9mm non GonG, and if you have the 19mm gong, you can purchase a flush mounted 14mm adapter for about 12 bucks.

You made a wise choice, the HA is an effective, versatile vape.

Good to know on the mouthpiece. In thanks for your reply I give offerings of Zappa :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyViqlFEKUI&feature=related

Imagreenwitya,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Imagreewitya

I use my HA, inverted directly into my 18 (19) mm female stem/bubbler all the time.

The mouthpiece mates very well, imo.

nicelytoasted,
Reactions: MG23
:p
nicelytoasted said:
Imagreewitya

I use my HA, inverted directly into my 18 (19) mm female stem/bubbler all the time.

The mouthpiece mates very well, imo.

Awesome, I really love the idea of versatility with this unit. Course I will now have buy a new bong too :)

Thanks for your reply,

Green

Imagreenwitya,

steiner666

Serial vapist
SD_haze said:
What would herbalaire owners say is the maximum load size for herb?
(Say, if it wasn't grinded)

I saw a video of the herbalaire where the makers just stuffing gobs of tobacco in it, but then I see the crucible and it looks really tiny.

I have a herbalaire coming to a friends and am concerned about group use.

~also~
When a load is cached, you need to use tweezers to get the crucible out while its hot, right?
How easy is it to empty it out & throw another nug in there while hot?

im sure you already got the HA and figured some things out by now. but i always found the best thing was to just go buy a tin of mints those cream-filled crunchy stick things that i cant remember the name of that come in a tin container, or anything that comes in a tin container ffs lol. I would always just dump the crucible out onto the lid, with screen on top of the load or not, didnt matter. this way the spilled out abv can be easily dumped into your abv container and theres no hot crucibles rolling around your "workstation" and melting bags or something (yup, happened lol). But the crucibles do cool off quick, should be cool enough to handle in 10-30 seconds after dumping it out of the HA.

DAMN i wish i could have tried a bonged HA

steiner666,
steiner666 said:
DAMN i wish i could have tried a bonged HA

Don't feel too heart broken, I don't think the performance through a waterpipe exceeds that of a proper Arizer Solo's through the same. That's not a mark against the HA, I'm just saying.

charliedontsurf,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ I can't agree with you on that one Charlie. The ha is superior to the solo for vapebonging for at least three reasons;
1. Draw speed - the ha will keep up with you no matter how hard you draw through it, it's designed to keep up with a pump afterall. So you can milk much bigger waterpipes than you can with the solo. The Solos draw is so restricted that it won't let you milk anything bigger than a small bubbler without you going blue in the face from sucking too hard.

2. Bowl size - the solos bowl is so small that it's really only for 1 person, whereas the ha bowl is much bigger, you can pass it around the circle a number of times without having to repack or stir.

3. Also from a Durability standpoint if you drop an ha just Pick it up and keep going, I don't think you could do that with a solos glass stem.

The ha has a 30 min autoshutoff whereas the solo is 12min.

Personally, I don't notice that I get bigger clouds through a waterpipe than just pulling on the solos glass straw "dry". But I notice a huge difference when I do the same with my ha.

notmyrealUSERname,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi,

Not so long ago i've read about using an Arizer Solo glass stem with the HerbalAire. As a consequence i asked for graphically documented reviews while i was waiting to get my hands on those for later evaluation using my HA. I'm still hoping to see illustrated reports about joining "the best of both worlds", so to speak...

Would anyone care to comment on this particular subject? With photographs showing how they fit together?...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Egzoset said:
Hi,

Not so long ago i've read about using an Arizer Solo glass stem with the HerbalAire. As a consequence i asked for graphically documented reviews while i was waiting to get my hands on those for later evaluation using my HA. I'm still hoping to see illustrated reports about joining "the best of both worlds", so to speak...

Would anyone care to comment on this particular subject? With photographs showing how they fit together?...

I've read in the solo thread that vapocane cone fits the solo and can serve as a stem :). So anyone with HA/Vapocane or HA/Solo can try it and report :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Abysmal Vapor,

Ah yes, i certainly second that if this particular product really fits an HerbalAire!

Well, now i need to see those two in action!!!

Who's going to be 1st?

Egzoset,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
t-dub said:
Egzoset said:
Ah yes, i certainly second that if this particular product really fits an HerbalAire! Who's going to be 1st?

Looks like for $9.95 it might be me. Straight or bent? 2 hole or 4? Nice they confirm it fits the HA.

http://greatvape.com/items/accessor...=0&Count_Class_1_5470699=8667181#ITEM_5470699

t-dub

What is the point of trying to figure out if a solo stem will fit into a ha? Would you eliminate the need for a crucible and just use the bowl of the solo stem?

I highly doubt that you would be able to taste the difference between the Original ha 'stem' or the the glass solo stem.

Why take a vape that's almost unbreakable, and make it less so?

If you do decide to get one t-dub I would suggest getting a 4 hole version as it should be less restricted so it'll be easier to pull through a waterpipe. The 4hole stems don't work as good on the solo because the solo needs the restriction to maintain a flow rate that the heater can keep up with, whereas, the heater on the ha should have no trouble keeping up. I would get a straight stem if your waterpipe has a stemless 90 degree joint, and the curved stem if you have a waterpipe with a 45 degree joint.

If you can be patient I will let you know in a few days if the solos stems and the vapocane will fit. I'll also be able to tell you whether the two hole bent solo stem is an improvement over the ha's mouthpieces ( I have one that's been bored out as well as stock one).

It never occured to me to mix and match vape parts before but now that I am thinking about it I wonder if the solo stem would slip into the silicon rings for an sv1 in order to replace the metal tube? I'll let you know about that in a few days as well.

notmyrealUSERname,
@ EGZOSET What you see in the video is the Herbalaire 2.0 not the 2.1. I am the guy in the video...LMAO!!! I bought it over 2 years ago and the 2.1 was'nt even heard of. I paid $263 dollars with delivery added to MA, USA. For the 2.1 all they did was add a stronger pump (which looks the exact same as the older model) and some extra tubes and bags...but I have the Volcano bag kit where you make your own any size you like. I'm getting ready to sell my herbalaire as I hardly use it, I use backwoods, Fronto Kings, or glass pipe with the hemp string so you don't have to breathe in the butane, because they are quicker, but if I have a group of people over for the game or something then you can break out the vaporizer because nobody is in a rush. :p

Cheddardvdchuckp,

samirfuzzywuzzy

Ive got the new HA 2.2. It came with the auto off feature and mood lighting.
I feel they finally made the light do "something".... the light on the bottom now changes color from blue being cold to green being ready.

I changed out my crucible screen and the mouth piece for ultra fine stainless steel and it is truly a wonder vape now!

samirfuzzywuzzy,
samirfuzzywuzzy,
Thanks for the heads up on the new revision. I ordered a 2.1 but I guess they are shipping all 2.2's now (Amazon)

Got my 2.2 a week ago. The lighting on standby mode is kinda cool and boy oh boy does this thing rock.

So far this is the best accessory purchase to date :)

Imagreenwitya,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

I have a question, just in case...

Any idea what dimensions a cylindrical ring of teflon would need to have in order to fit the limited space which exists between the glass tube and the cavity's white teflon entry-seal as illustrated below:

2ypdvex.jpg

(HA Crucible Glass Extension)

ADDENDUM:

This is what my "Glass Extension" is about:

2kqws2.jpg

It's a piece of glass manufactured for another vaporizer device from a different company which i won't identify by name here - but that many of the readers can recognize anyway. My HA crucible fits this glass tube like a finely ajusted sleeve, tightly enough not to fall while inserting into the HerbalAire's oven. The redish areas reveal a part of my crucible's past...

The upper-right part of the second picture shows a rubber tool i used to form screens.

Egzoset,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
well, its possible to use a solo stem in the ha.

first attempt, i tried simply loading up a solo stem then placed it in the ha. it worked, i got a few clouds that tasted good but didn't give me any throat irritation like i get from drawing on the ha's mouthpiece. the vapor gets cooled off in the glass stem much quicker. anyways, the abv looked like it had barely even been hit - i was vaping at 400F! so i finished the stem off in the solo.

second attempt, grabbed a silicone ring from my sv1 and slipped it over the solo stem until it allowed the stem to reach the bottom of the ha and (mostly) seal the stem in place. this worked much better than attempt #1. no restriction in draw speed like you get in the solo, decent clouds, huge number of clouds, no throat irritation, took forever for the abv to turn colour. the solo stem even works as a vapebong but i wouldn't use it that way because its too fragile and the original ha vapebong setup works better.

i also noticed that the solo stem will fit into the ha's crucible quite nicely - thanks egzoset! however, i am not going to try actually using it that way due to the way the metal and glass expand differently at different temps. the glass stem probably wont break - but i am not going to chance it.

so in the end does useing a solo stem in the ha make it more efficient? i don't think so because with two fine screens the crucible will effectively vape the same amount that i packed in the solo stem.

does it allow you to take bigger pulls in direct draw mode? yes.
does it have any other advantage? no.

notmyrealUSERname,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

notmyrealUSERname said:
...does it have any other advantage?...

I like it (i've been vaping exclusively with this setup since December 27):

2wnsev5.jpg

That's enough advantage for me!

4.gif

The aluminium crucible is always installed on top of my glass extension as pictured above.

In the begining this works mostly in "convection" mode, then heat builds up and the conduction mode kicks in... My typical ABV is dark-brown/dark-grey and there's just no chance i'll ever want to try my white main teflon mouthpiece ever again!

Temperature setting always set to 400 F as well (full-right).

What some people will call "slow" i might call it phyto-aromatherapy the way it's meant to be, at least for me!

15.gif

B.

War Criminal
Just took the plunge...I haven't got a new vape in forever in anticipation of the cloud, but who knows when that'll drop, so I had to scratch my collecting itch. I went with this vape because I don't currently have a bag blower in my collection, it's super durable, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what this will do with my glass. Ya my ssv milks nicely, but it's a pain, and even after owning it for 7 years I still accidentally combust at least once a month. gross.

Now the wait :uhoh:

Should be here fri.

B.,
Top Bottom