herbalAire Elite

biohacker

I really appreciate your reply and sharing your experience. We Elitists are a small group here!

What's the advantage of the PV hA gong over the stock oem that should adapt in the same way?

All glass, no crucible, no teflon.... i love GonG's!

As far as I know the PV hA gongs can void the warranty because they get stuck inside the herbalAire. I would double check with the manufacturer to see if this is the case. I know they strongly suggest using the TonG (Teflon on glass) gong.

PV adjusted their tolerances, and this is no longer an issue apparently. @lazylathe recently purchased one for his 2.1 and Elite, and it fits both nice and loose. I use the PV Solo Gong presently, and it works great, but is quite loose.

The reason I would is because they have an infinite amount of adjustability for the air flow with the throttle valve that is included. It allows you to pump bags anywhere from 20 seconds to 4 minutes. I like this because depending on your herb you can adjust the vapour density by adjusting the fill time. The slower the fill time the greater the vapour to air ratio. This is only possible with the high output pump. I think it's worth the extra money, but the stock pump still extracts just fine.

Sounds like I may just purchase the expensive adjustable higher flow, or maybe the 2.2 pump for $20. I just thought that these would be common and i'd be able to pick up a good replacement at the hardware or pet store. The reason I thought the higher flow pump isn't worth it, is because I think from your review and other forums i've read that people adjust their Elite high flow pump to basically blow bags at the same speed as the stock 2.2 pump. This is due to a faster flow causing wispy bag fills apparently. I can see how a nice slower longer fill would make for some super dense vapour, but that can take a while. I know that on my EQ fan setting 1 would take an eternity. I think i'm after a slower fill than stock though....i'm actually shocked how hard it pushes water through my bubbler! It's nearly too fast and strong for my bong hits, so the higher flow will allow me to cut that back. But $75usd! yikes!

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I had One of the bigger Fusion pumps with my first HA but can't remember if it was a fusion 600 or 700 but starting at the 400 model(which should work fine) they have a dial to control output, worked like a charm could blow low and slow or quick n fast. They don't sell Fusion pumps at petsmart and They actually have a poor selection for quality IMO. the Fusions can be found on amazon and e-bay with a price range from around $12 for a 400 to $36 for a 700.

Back before i got ill I raised fish, I would avoid any tetra pump they don't last and get loud in my experience.
(my fusion had duel outlets was quiet and bad ass, still being used by it's current owner near Daily)

biohacker

Thanks guys! I was set on the High flow from hA for $75 but now with @RUDE BOY very affordable options i'm not so sure! I'll mainly be using the pump to "dial down" the pressure from the Elite stock pump for vape-bonging and maybe the odd whip vapour shooter or bag.

biohacker,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

lazylathe

Almost there...
Thanks guys! I was set on the High flow from hA for $75 but now with @RUDE BOY very affordable options i'm not so sure! I'll mainly be using the pump to "dial down" the pressure from the Elite stock pump for vape-bonging and maybe the odd whip vapour shooter or bag.

Why not just add the regulator to the pump you have and see what happens?
You can also use my 2.1 pump to test with if you want.
I would try this first and spend a few bucks on a regulator to see the results!

biohacker

Ah, now I see! I misunderstood I think! So I just buy that valve regulator and it attaches to my pump and cuts the airflow?

Had one nice session today with .5g pink kush unground squished by finger in the crucible, and tong inverted onto bubbler, no pump, max temp+10. OMG!!! Massive hits of super tasty blue vapour! I love this mix of blue/white that i've seen out of so many top end convection vapes! Thickest whitewalls to date! I just love not having to grind, yet the airflow is so free flowing!

Once again the ABV blew me away! I'm starting to take the tong and crucible out between hits when I can't keep up with it!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Ah, now I see! I misunderstood I think! So I just buy that valve regulator and it attaches to my pump and cuts the airflow?

Had one nice session today with .5g pink kush unground squished by finger in the crucible, and tong inverted onto bubbler, no pump, max temp+10. OMG!!! Massive hits of super tasty blue vapour! I love this mix of blue/white that i've seen out of so many top end convection vapes! Thickest whitewalls to date! I just love not having to grind, yet the airflow is so free flowing!

Once again the ABV blew me away! I'm starting to take the tong and crucible out between hits when I can't keep up with it!

That is where I would start!
See if the regulator slows it down enough for a comfy powered bong hit!
I tried the pump hits a while ago and found the pump to be too strong for me.
Great for bags but not really power assisted hits.

I would imagine a pumps output like Herbie would be ideal in terms of volume of air.

lazylathe,
Reactions: biohacker

smokingjoe

All hail the (mighty) vapor
Hi Guys,

I might buy a Herbalaire Elite Vape but i have some question:

I only would use the whip mode.No bags, no bongs.
I am someone who likes to take short draws over a longer time.
Is this vape still something i could be happy with?
I like to grind my herbs. How are the results with grinded herbs?

Could someone compare this to the Mighty Vape (the only vape i own )

thanks

Last edited:
smokingjoe,

biohacker

Just a heads up for those that are daring enough to enter "Calibration Mode" on their Elite. I sent an email to hA yesterday morning, very detailed with all of my concerns and questions, and wow within a few hours every single question was answered! Talk about customer service!

So hA does not recommend adjusting the calibration, as it takes the unit closer to combustion temps (i've never come close even at +10) as can be illustrated by @lazylathe recent temperature experiments. They indicated that it could get close to tripping their thermal fuse, but that I shouldn't have a problem and it still shouldn't happen. They explained how they never intended for the unit to reach those higher temps, because they don't like the hybrid vapour/smoke and wanted a unit that was only Vaporizing! Kind of reminds me of the VripTech in this regard. They also calibrate with a probe going into the air intake, which they explain is more accurate than the heating chamber.

hA are willing to make me a custom pump power cable extension, but I scored a great deal on a High output/flow hA pump from a supporting retailer because it has a couple of cosmetic scratches on it!

So with what hA said about the Calibration rattling in my brain, I decided to set the Elite back to default. Had a couple of scares because when I pressed all 3 buttons it went into Calibration, but didn't actually show the +/- adjustment. Took a few tries before I got it back....perhaps I was holding the buttons too long or something. I set it back to -3 from +10, set temp to max 200c, loaded up .3g unground in the crucible and went to town! Definitely lighter vapour, but way tastier and lasted longer! Effects were incredible!

I still absolutely love this thing!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I am someone who likes to take short draws over a longer time.
Is this vape still something i could be happy with?
I like to grind my herbs. How are the results with grinded herbs?

Maybe not. It works fine with ground herbs...just as well as any other vape. But it does nuggets better than any other vape I've tried, so that's a bonus. You may find you like vaping without grinding, as I have. But your short draws over a longer time has me concerned for you. Last night I was in that mode and found myself removing the mouthpiece and crucible between hits because the conduction will keep cooking it if you leave it in there unattended. My problem with having to remove the crucible is it is hot and after a while the TonG's fit on the crucible can loosen up so it falls off easily when removed...not good when laying in bed. If you leave it in there for a minute between hits, the beginning of the hit is hotter and thicker than most, so I draw slowly at first. But it gives clouds for days, that's for sure.

This is the only drawback I can see for you with this one, and unless you are dead set on using it like you said, I would snatch one up. For the record, this problem is not exclusive to this vape. It's a problem with most vapes, actually. The vapes that I have that remove this from the equation are great, but expensive, like the MV, VHW, Herbie, etc. I'm sure there is a cheaper one out there, but it's not coming to mind right now. Maybe the Extreme if you remove the bowl constantly, but it will have a hot bottom just like this unit.

biohacker

The vapes that I have that remove this from the equation are great, but expensive, like the MV, VHW, Herbie, etc.

Herbie? I always had to remove that bowl in order to prevent the fan from pumping vapour out!
:rofl:

And you surely don't use your VHW in bed do ya? :rockon:

biohacker,

smokingjoe

This is the only drawback I can see for you with this one, and unless you are dead set on using it like you said, I would snatch one up.

I just ordered one. Thank you. My main concern was the whip.

Can anyone recommend an alternative and better (high quality) tube and/or mouthpieces?

I hope the Herbalaire can somewhat compete with my mighty..

smokingjoe,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

The hA elite and Mighty are my top two vapes! I think you'll be pretty happy! :rockon:

For tubing check out PlanetVape...they have really high quality stuff available.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
get yourself a nice glass j-hook or mouthpiece. I suggest 18mm, but the provided TonG will work with both 14mm and 18mm.

smokingjoe

get yourself a nice glass j-hook or mouthpiece. I suggest 18mm, but the provided TonG will work with both 14mm and 18mm.

Since I am a complete noob in terms ob tubing,moutpieces,sizes etc (everything).. :)
What is TonG an can someone tell me what a should buy to have a nice tube

J-hook "things" looks cool.. Never saw that before..

but i will have to read how to connect these to the HA.

Any quick hints what a exactly need. Would be great.

And does someone know a similar shop as planetvape that is located in europe?

smokingjoe,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Any 18mm glass pipe will work. Can cost as little as $10. The HA comes with everything else.

stickstones,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Temp @ 186C
PV GonG with adjustable basket screen
0,07 of Master Kush
3 Hits so far, all super tasty, super dense and super potent!
White walls my FC-187 with ease.
Hits 4 and 5 lighter but cloud size is still huge.
6,7,8 we just keep on coming!
Tapping out at hit 10...Seriously medicated... everything is really quiet.
and i feel frozen and slow.Mission successful!

jim-bob

I broke every last one!

I have some wood one however the taste is horrible.

Are these vapes any good?
I can't speak to the Elite but I've got a 2.2 (just the dial, no digital readout and it's missing other assorted fancy bits) and it's a serious utility player. I keep it by the bed because it heats up fast and you can just jam unground nug in there and get delicious thorough extraction. It can take a serious beating, too, I've knocked mine off the bedside table more times than I care to admit to and it's none the worse for wear. Teflon instead of glass helps a lot with the durability aspect.

biohacker

0,07 of Master Kush

I was doing some testing with the crucible and gong last night as well! I use the crucible kind of like you do with the basket screen, tamped in about <.1 so the load was on the outside and plopped it in with about 30 sec presoak. I pretty much always use 200c (at stock calibration), otherwise the sessions can get a bit too long and airy for my taste. I don't really get whitewalls, but the taste is incredible!

Are these vapes any good?

Didn't you have a hA back in the day bro? Have you read any of my posts in this thread? Have you seen me in the Solo thread AT ALL? That should give you a headstart! :rofl:

My honeymoon period has worn off, yet I still feel the same as I did when I first discovered its VooDoo. Now I don't know why, but i'm super excited to be receiving my second (wife's) hA elite!

Still waiting on a reply from hA regarding the odd temperature fluctuations that i've experienced. Meaning, sometimes when I dial it down, it initially RISES in temp, and then falls. Odd that my first inquiry was responded to in a couple of hours, and now it's been several days.

Top Bottom