herbalAire Elite

biohacker

Sticks how do you know what temp you are on? Does 200 equal 210? Or do u have to press temp up a few more times.

I'm not home and just on my phone, so all I will say is that I'm BLOWN AWAY!

First impression, this is my new favourite and exclusive plugin vape!!!! It will be replacing my plenty and solo!

I feel so stupid because I've owned so many EQ's over the past decade, and never did I once think that the HA was better for me! Now I know better!

Review to follow!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The temp displays the same temp, it's just calibrated higher. This is pretty typical for vapes. For instance, when I fix a MV with a new heater, the final process is heating it up to max and testing the temp with a thermometer. Once I get a stable reading, I can calibrate it up or down to where it needs to be. So, if my HA was properly calibrated at the factory, it should now be running 10 degrees hotter than it says it is.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Discovered a neat way to do micro loads using the original crucible set up!
I mashed down a Herbalizer oil pad so it was slightly larger, a snug fit inside the crucible.
Load up a tiny layer of bud and press the oil pad on top to secure the load close to the heater jets.
Go mad!
It seemed damn efficient to me as i had to tap out and the bud was just slightly off green after about 6 hits at 182 C!!
Love this vape!

Imagine a portable HA...:cool:

EDIT:

HA Elite + PV GonG + Swagger HydraTube = Happiness!

Last edited:

lemmeadem

I mashed down a Herbalizer oil pad so it was slightly larger, a snug fit inside the crucible.
Load up a tiny layer of bud and press the oil pad on top to secure the load close to the heater jets.
Go mad!
It seemed damn efficient to me as i had to tap out and the bud was just slightly off green after about 6 hits at 182 C!!
Love this vape!

Imagine a portable HA...:cool:

EDIT:

HA Elite + PV GonG + Swagger HydraTube = Happiness!

Hey LL - mind giving us a load size? Some people think 0.1g is a micro-load but I'm of the log-vape method of thought that a micro-load is 0.05g and smaller. :)

lemmeadem,
Reactions: biohacker

LeafyGreens

I've tested to .07g through a hydrotube, still good thick hits which can definitely be felt and will be really good for at least 2 full flavoured sessions, each with up to 4 draws. This would be very light vaping and another session could easily be done, though with less taste and potency. 1 draw is often enough, but I would imagine you would lose some potency with the extra reheating so it can be tempting to make the most out of a session and second draws are often a very cloudy delight. Great for 2 people. I find big long slow draws work best.

I think .05g would definitely be possible, I'll test and let you know. This is with a second screen being jammed into the crucible to hold the lightly ground material compressed and close to the heat jets with a good coverage. Not too tight though, I still want a smooth airflow. Those screens are movable and removable, someone told me that they have had the HA for ages and only just found that out recently, so while I'm sure most of you know I thought I'd share.

biohacker

The temp displays the same temp, it's just calibrated higher. This is pretty typical for vapes. For instance, when I fix a MV with a new heater, the final process is heating it up to max and testing the temp with a thermometer. Once I get a stable reading, I can calibrate it up or down to where it needs to be. So, if my HA was properly calibrated at the factory, it should now be running 10 degrees hotter than it says it is.

I think I know what you mean somewhat but i'm still confused. Shouldn't the thermometer show the actual temperature? I have seen my display up to 206c after I switched the calibration to +10 (originally was -3), but it's odd it seems to happen sometimes when I press down to lower the temp. It's like there is less control or something? All I can say is that at +10 and 200c, I use no mods whatsoever and just a loose grind of .1 or so is quite impressive. I LOVE this thing!

You're ripping off my ideas now? :rofl:Then again, I used a Crafty/Mighty pad! But I scrapped the idea after what a pain it was to get it out of the crucible! The Tong is awesome, but a bit of a pain when it sticks in my glass piece, or dealing with the crucible. I would be perfectly happy using the tong for the rest of my life, but I can't wait to pickup the PV gong shorty as I think that will be my preference for daily use.

This is with a second screen being jammed into the crucible to hold the lightly ground material compressed and close to the heat jets with a good coverage.

So what size screen are you using or do you just trim down a screen? Does it make that much of a difference by keeping the load compressed? I've been getting sick thick vapour at the top temp, but I assume by keeping the load together i'll be able to get dense low temp hits?

First impressions continue to floor me! I haven't been able to use it much, but this is easily by far my favourite vaporizer that i've ever used.

I can't stand the cord though...very cheap thin lampshade cord.... shouldn't be difficult to replace with say, and LSV cord. I find the cord is always twisting and is just a few feet short of my ideal length (LSV).

Pretty minor complaint when this is the best vape that has ever happened to me! :rockon:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think I know what you mean somewhat but i'm still confused.

Vapes with temp control are measuring the heat at the heater, or maybe just the amount of power going to the heater. After that there are slight variances in manufacturing that make each unit ever so slightly different. When calibrating an individual unit, I take the temp reading at a predetermined spot (not the heater itself, but usually somewhere in the air path) and then adjust the unit to get it to where it is 'supposed' to be.

So, in other words, When your HA says 200C, it has a range of temps that could be possible, say between 190C and 210C (I'm making this up for the HA for the purpose of example). The calibration mode is there to fine tune the vape to the exact temp you want it to be at within this range.

Now, when we decide to overclock it, the unit will still say 200, but we have 'fine tuned' it to 210...assuming it was at 200C in a neutral setting to begin with. If you decide to calibrate yours and it is already set to 10C, then that was a cooler unit that was calibrated up to the intended 200C.

Is this making sense?

biohacker

Absolutely, thanks man... it obviously is a hotter unit, since stock calibration was -3. One thing I can't figure out, maybe it's just my unit...and i'm keeping an eye on this to see if it happens more when it's "out" of calibration, but if i'm at 180c and I lower it to 160c, it will climb up to 186c and then start going down sometimes. I've seen it climb, and sometimes even drop when I try to increase the temp. When it's at it's target temp, it's rock solid stable...this just happens when I adjust temp.

This thing continues to BLOW MY MIND! I'll be posting a video using the pump with the vriptech perk shortly, wow....just WOW! The one thing that kinda bugs me is how short the pump cable is...it should have like another 3 feet on it to be able to use the hA inverted. Can anyone suggest a decent replacement pump? I don't mind using an outlet, it would be nice to have some "control" over the level of suction, and something quieter would please the wife. I can't believe how well it pushed the water....waaaay more than the EQ or Herbalizer! I like this thing ever better than a Herbalizer!

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
@stickstones

I believe that what you are trying to say is that "calibrating" in this way, means that you are introducing/inputting an offset, or bias into the elite, so that even though the vape may still indicate a temperature of 200C, the actual temperature is 210C.

I don't own an elite myself, so it may also adjust to indicate the actual temperature, I'd need to look it closer to determine which one.

I'm assuming that you could over or under 'clock' a vapourizer in this way, though I really don't see the need, in most cases, assuming the original calibration was done correctly.

Hope this helps

LeafyGreens

So what size screen are you using or do you just trim down a screen? Does it make that much of a difference by keeping the load compressed? I've been getting sick thick vapour at the top temp, but I assume by keeping the load together i'll be able to get dense low temp hits?

I'm using a screen from a replacement crucible, so it's already the perfect size. It's not too hard to get out either, I just flip the crucible upside down and use the flat end of a pen to push out both screens and the material. Reload the original screen in the crucible and it's good for another packing.

I reckon that compressing it will allow you to get denser hits at lower temps with smaller amounts. I would imagine that it forces the air to travel more tightly through the material and release more vapor at a time. I ran .05g through last night between 180-185C and was still able to get visible vapor on multiple draws.

Glad you are having a great time with it!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The one thing that kinda bugs me is how short the pump cable is

Get a hold of HA and see if they will sell you a longer cable. I asked them for a custom one a while back so I could use it with a bubbler and it worked great. They have to custom make them, so it might not be cheap, but if you want to use the pump with a bubbler, it is a must and works great!

I believe that what you are trying to say is that "calibrating" in this way, means that you are introducing/inputting an offset, or bias into the elite, so that even though the vape may still indicate a temperature of 200C, the actual temperature is 210C.

I was hoping someone smarter than I would come along and help me out! @biohacker gets it now, though. His unit was slightly cooler than the target and had been calibrated to -3 to hit the target. After he adjusts it to +10 he will probably be going 13 degrees hotter than indicated.

stickstones,

Tommy10

Has anyone worked out how the temps work between F and C? Is the 400f a true temp which is around 205c where as 200c is 392f. Or is it a case of the 400 and 200 simply representing the same top temp?

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
It may display 200C, but be calibrated to an actual temp of 205C.

Like I've mentioned previously, I don't have an elite (still use my original 2.1), so I'm not up as much on the latest models.

Perhaps someone else in here knows for sure.

biohacker

I'm debating pulling the trigger on a 2.2 for a backup, but wondering if I should just go the extra and get another elite because of this calibration thing. Temp can actually be more than +10 apparently if you have a hotter unit like I do that was set to -3. So I believe if i go to +10, i'm essentially increasing my max temp by 13c so 213c max. What I can say is that I come from a high temp vaping bias, and after much max temp +10 cal testing, i'm pretty sure that I do not require anymore upper ceiling temperature! I'm very satisfied!!!

Think it may be time for hydratube shopping!

Tommy10

I'm debating pulling the trigger on a 2.2 for a backup, but wondering if I should just go the extra and get another elite because of this calibration thing. Temp can actually be more than +10 apparently if you have a hotter unit like I do that was set to -3. So I believe if i go to +10, i'm essentially increasing my max temp by 13c so 213c max. What I can say is that I come from a high temp vaping bias, and after much max temp +10 cal testing, i'm pretty sure that I do not require anymore upper ceiling temperature! I'm very satisfied!!!

Think it may be time for hydratube shopping!

Elite and micro tube is great! I too think I might find a full sized tube, if you find a nice pairing let me knock! So far I'm just thinking some of the dhgate specials. Might give me more reason to use the HA, as I use the hammer through the bong because of the bigger hits, but the hammer is awkward to use with vertical bubblers, but they sit so sweetly on the HA!

Just got a knock off PP hydro tube and a couple J hooks to play with this bad boy!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@biohacker

If you want to borrow the Limited Edition Swagger HT, just let me know!

I just found a brand new Pinnacle WT that i bought when they had a sale, $50!
Using my PV GonG, a 19 to 14 reducer and the WT!
Perfect height for hitting when sitting down.

On another note, my readout has never gone higher than 200/400, with or without adding +10.

EDIT:
In exactly 4 minutes i was able to grind up some Purple Kush, load up my TonG and place the Pinnacle WT on top. Hit a few times and get wasted and decide i had enough, remove WT and TonG, get distracted and look left while right hand empties contents of WT over desk...

Consensus: This thing rocks!

EDIT @:
Just turned down from MAX to my normal temp range, high 180's.
Now the dial read 206 C!
This may be the only way to tell just how hot your Elite really goes!

Last edited:
lazylathe,

Tommy10

@biohacker
How do you rate the use of the solo gong? I Havnt had my solo and gong here for a while and probably won't be getting it back for a bit, wondering if I should purchase a solo gong exclusively for the HA? As it's a much cheaper option as It can be bought locally vs the shipping on the PV.

Top Bottom