Herb iron vaporizer attachment overview/review

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
Hey everyone, this is first post but I've been around for a some time. While we are all waiting the cloud to ship I thought I'd bring up the herb iron vape attachment, I picked it up a few weeks back to tide me over till the cloud launches and it's holding up quite well but before I go into that I'll do a quick intro.

My name is Peter, I'm 20 I'll be studying at UBC for engineering physics in September. Right now my setup consists of I rasta label gold coil illadelph that you'll see in the video and the herb iron also the I-inhale(forget what the name was changed to). I've had a lot of other glass sadly none of which I still own although I'm going to grab a fixed stem toro in a few days so I'll be up to two pieces. As far as vaporizers go I've owned the vapor genie, vapor daddy deluxe, i-inhale, extreme vapor tower and now the herb iron. I've used and made any others that I won't bother mentioning. I'm also looking to get the PD vape and waiting patiently for the cloud.

Back the the herb iron, I bought it to replace lighters a month or so back as I always lose them and I had heard that the herb iron made for a more pleasant experience. Everything I had heard was correct I have to say as far as combustion goes the herb iron is a winner. As I was impatiently waiting for the cloud a few weeks ago I stumbled across the vape attachment and I figured why not try it, its not like it was an expensive addition.

Anyways I've seen other lukewarm reviews of the attachment and I'm here to clear them up. For an extra 30ish dollars on top of the herb iron you are able to turn your herb iron into a pretty solid vape, that said it isn't for everyone. Personally I think it works very well if used properly you can easily get thick vapor that rivals many solid vaporizers. By no means do I think it is the best, it is very easy to burn your herb or not get vapor but it does just fine for me and out of all the vaporizers I've own and tried it has my vote right now. It take a little bit of skill to use, it isn't the type of vaporizer you can just pick up and get the best out of it but if you are willing to work for its full potential I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised with what it will do.

Here is a link to a session I had a few days back, I think it shows off the vaper a lot better then the other videos I found but sadly youtube removed the music i had playing so provide your own, also I will do a proper video review of the herb iron vape attachment along with a review of my piece sometime tonight then I'll post a link here so you guys can get a better idea on its performance. Oh and I'd love to hear from other people who have used the attachment maybe a get a few other reviews up ahah anything to get my mind off the cloud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guwA1ay1t2w&feature=autoplay&list=UL0e6B3URbBvk&index=3&playnext=6

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Sweet vid, nice to see. Thanks for sharing.

Have you tried it with hash/ concentrates? Get the impression from your commentatry that it's easy to get to the high temps- sounds like it might be good with that hot (& narrow?) airstream focused on a little lump of hash on a bed of bud?

Nice bong set up you've got there too! That's a lotta bubbles! Looked at you other vids to see more about it, but You tube have disabled the audio for copyright reasons? (or was it you?) Never heard of this. What's the story?

WatTyler,

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
I've tried both hash and oil, both work well with the herb iron actually if anything the herb iron works best with concentrates rather then herb. I do normally put a chunk of concentrate on top of my bud and I give it a quick hit to heat everything up then its good to go, I find you get extremely dense vapor clouds this way. After you master the process the vapor you get is not far off from perfect I dare say that the best hits from the herb iron rival just about everything and anything I've seen. I've even gotten that vapor that looks blue that I've seen in other videos. So over all I think the herb iron is perfect for a certain type of person for a certain application. Also with a hot hit/concentrate slide the herb iron will do wonder for strait concentrate hits.

Youtube removed the audio because I had Lupe fiasco playing in the background, it happens sometime(n) but i'll get a few move videos up tonight so you can get a better look, so keep an eye out

Thanks
-Peter

scientist22,

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
I agree it is a little silly. It isn't like it would be a complicated job, I am sure you could get one made custom? But either way the herb iron with the attachment runs around 100$ so it is to bad.

Something I really noticed the last few days making videos: the herb iron really allows for a lot of control, the over all experience is dependent on how practiced you are. The only thing I would add is temp control knob but really after a few weeks with it, it isn't needed.

I am eagerly awaiting the vxh cloud, I've been keeping up to date with the facebook page, and all the user reviews here on the site. So I've had clouds on my mind a lot and I was thinking aside from the obviously HUGE (!) difference in ease of uses, form and the lack of an all glass vapor path the herb iron performs very similarly...Let me rephrase that the only thing similar between the two is the shared concept of vaporization and top notch performance but what I am trying to get at is if you are willing to learn to use the herb iron you'll be able to achieve performance that is normally reserved for only the best vaporizers.

And if I can go back to the lack of a all glass pathway for a second, I had shown Luis at herb iron(I think the company was called free time technologies? or something) the video I made and he replied back saying I was by far the most advanced user he has seen and he offered to send me the revised attachment, apparently they ended up using a bigger hole. I messaged him back asking if it were possible to make an attachment that enclosed the ceramic heating element so it would have an all glass path... no word back yet but who knows, I think it would be very cool. Would that be enough of an incentive for anyone to give it a try? I feel like if enough people thought it was a good idea they might give it a shot.

scientist22,

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
Also I'm grabbing that toro sometime soon so I'll get the illadelph cleaned up and post another video up very soon!

scientist22,

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
WatTyler and anyone else interested, I posted up an over view video pertaining to the illadelph and its components and also one where I take it apart. http://www.youtube.com/user/22scientist?feature=mhum

I am also going to grab a toro tonight so sometime tonight or tomorrow morning I'll put a video running the herb iron threw both pieces so keep an eye out

scientist22,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
man, i have been patiently waiting for my lhs to get these attachments in forever!!! your excellent review has renewed my interest in this vape. i always thought that it could be a great device once past the learning curve. time to get on the phone, again!

notmyrealUSERname,

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
Its an epic add on, glad I could help. Oh and you can get it from the herb iron website if your local shop is slacking! Sadly I didn't get the toro today so no toro + vape video but I'll get one up with the illadelph focusing more on the herb iron and I'll get a toro video up as soon as I pick it up

scientist22,
murphy's law :ko:

Honestly sciencetist,

you have to have the craziest rig I have ever seen. Never in all my years of smoking have I ever seen someone run a vape through a carbon catch let alone two carbon catches. . .Let alone three water points of filtration. I like my biomass too much to not get medicated off of one vape pull but if you have the money (which you obviously do considering you have my dream coil) more power to you to run it through that science experiment! :p

biojuggernaut,

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
lol thanks biojuggernaut, I take my down time very seriously :p and just for clarities sake it has four points of water filtration. Its definitely an expensive piece but if you willing to save up and care for it then trust me it is well worth it (y)

scientist22,

DankSIde

Perma Vaped
A couple of things...

1) awesome review and vid. I have the HI and have been trying to master it. I just let it run the other night for about 45 mins for the break in time. Now it works great. You can vape a regular bowl just by holding it at the correct distance above ur herb. This takes some practices and will combust a hit or two. :/ I have also made my own vape bowl attachment which works pretty well. As mine did not come with one. I will post some pics later tonight.

2) Sick ass glass. That gold coil all frosted up looked so good. Much respect.

DankSIde,
I recently got myself an herb-iron. I have owned EasyVape whip style vaporizers for the most part. I was tired of the contraption of using a hose and a whip and it seemed like they just don't work well with small amounts of herb.

Review:
combusting with the herb iron is actually waaay different than with a lighter...it's way smoother IMO
but I don't prefer smoking so I bought the vape attachment.

When I began using the vape attachment I just had a regular glass bowl attatched to a high volume glass triple perc. I would grind the herb up fine and pour it in. Seemed to work fine, the only problems I found were really operator error and me just getting used to using the tool. the main drawback was my glass setup, stirring the bowl up was difficult because the screen didn't sit properly and would move around and it began to feel like a contraption again. which i don't want...so........

went to the headshop :D and found a semi deep glass bowl with lip groove in the bottom to hold that screen down there perfectly (being able to flip the bowl upside down without the screen falling out is key :brow:

so after I got the bowl I really started learning how to use it....on a cold start I usually let it heat up and start glowing (about 10-15 sec) then I place in over an empty bowl and inhale hot air to heat up the glass around the element. then its ready to be used pretty much

I was intermittently combusting (operater error) the thing has a complete range of temperatures from mist to complete smoke so it really just takes some playing with...it's fun..

BUT HERE WAS THE MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH IMHO:
after reducing my "contraption factor" by a lot (i picked up a smaller trip perc burb that has great flow characteristics)(the deep bowl to hold a screen)(and FINALLY i stopped grinding up my herb?? weird right? I know but I noticed that usually the only reason why it would combust was because a small ground up, feathery piece of herb would spark up sometimes. when I just smash a percy snap in the bottom of the bowl (with screen) and singe the outsides of it. then it easily mashes up in the bowl with a stir stick and the mix seems to be more of an even powder after it's been heated like that. I haven't accidentally combusted since I stopped grinding the herb up. I find an added flavor to the first couple of rips. possibly due to the herb not being disturbed by the grinding and having all of the trichomes mashed up and smeared all over the inside of the grinder. but that's just my opinion... all in all I love this thing...I use it everyday...my chick broke the vape attach though 30 bucks :rolleyes: gotta put the thing away after using!! as far as concentrates..this thing is absolutely perfect. only time I have ever thought of medicating using only concentrates....I enjoy peeping the herbs too much for that though!!:brow:

roliepolie,
so who makes the glass cover for H.I. vape?
i think herb iron makes them. they retail for about 30 bucks. it's just a glass vape piece with a specific metal sleeve that couples to the threads on the herb iron.

roliepolie,

mob

mmj over bs
yeah I've had a terrible time finding the vape attachment.
the site said "sold out temp" when i purchased my hr 6-8 months ago,
and its continued to said "sold out temp" every time I've checked since.

**update
so after a couple direct emails looks like i got one coming now, was told they had 2 left so if anyone else was needing/wanting one....

mob,

mob

mmj over bs
Got the vape attachment for this unit yesterday. Haven't really had a good session with it yet, but is sure does look nice sitting on the HR. :cool:

mob,

Todai

Herb Iron vaporizer attachment back in stock!

It's pretty much the same concept as the SSV, DB, and LSV. Ceramic element with a glass heater cover that drags the hot air over the material. Not sure I'll even need my SSV any more once I get this.

IMG-9815.jpg

IMG-9860.jpg

Todai,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Is this batch different in any way than the first realease of the hi vape attachments - hiva - (I have now given it an acronym)! If not then why the disruption in supply?

Are there any other pieces that come with the glass attachment? How easy is it to take on and off?

notmyrealUSERname,

mob

mmj over bs
Looks shorter than the older ones, and as with all vapes it seems shorter is better.

Also if this didn't have the damn safety switch I'd use this piece so0 much more.

mob,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^ plug it into a power bar, then tape the button down on the hi, use the switch on the power bar to turn it on and off.

notmyrealUSERname,
Top Bottom