Herb Grinders

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I have a BCG and love it, no way I'm buying any other grinder. @started@52 does kief tend to stick to stainless steel less/more/same?

I wish the BCG's bottom was coated with something like what SLX uses, non-stick coating of sorts (haven't used it myself but it sounds nice). There's a lot of kief that sticks to the walls and makes it hard to collect, even with using a brush there's still a layer of stuck kief that won't come off (unless ISO). Not the end of the world, just the only complaint I can muster about this grinder and only room for improvement I see

started@52

I have a BCG and love it, no way I'm buying any other grinder. @started@52 does kief tend to stick to stainless steel less/more/same?

I wish the BCG's bottom was coated with something like what SLX uses, non-stick coating of sorts (haven't used it myself but it sounds nice). There's a lot of kief that sticks to the walls and makes it hard to collect, even with using a brush there's still a layer of stuck kief that won't come off (unless ISO). Not the end of the world, just the only complaint I can muster about this grinder and only room for improvement I see
Haven’t used the hr enough but seems to be about the same as the bcg

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
BCG looks way too fine for my purposes, but then I wonder if the HR medium grind would be too coarse for me. The HR fine looks like what I want from medium.

I have a Santa Cruz Shredder right now and frankly it’s not much better than the old Brightstone I had. I grind a lot of very sticky high CBD weed and by now it takes a lot of oomph just to get the grinding started and then a ton of material sticks to the teeth. I’m wondering if the BCG or HR would be significantly better or if they’re just more expensive with some price raising features.

started@52

Ok, different strain(Columbian Gold) but not dry like the above, 62%. I can’t really tell the difference, both were a little fluffier before I stirred them a little. Just vaped some from the HR and it vaped excellent! The holes in the bcg fFine grind plates from BCG(blue) and HErb Ripper XL, for anyone not following.
The holes on the BCG are slightly smaller then the HR, the bottom side of the BCG plates are counter sunk while the HR holes are not.
AEECD050-AD2-F-4-CDE-B8-C8-9-B02-B2805-E4-C.jpg
B5-D0938-D-7-BFE-43-FF-8-ED2-F6-DDFE084920.jpg
F194-C97-E-8-EA6-47-CF-89-D7-1502-AFA51-C75.png

Last edited:

started@52

Thanks for the pics. The grind looks great in the Ripper.
The only thing it's lacking still is threadless functionality.
Get with the times on that, and I'll be there!
To be fair it’s only a quarter of a turn but that also sucks sometimes because when you grind counter clockwise it unscrews sometimes. I do love the big open bottom chamber in the ripper though.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@flammy gave their site a glance and checked out the inner workings and I’m not convinced. I will need to see a video or 3 on using, construction, & breakdown/cleaning. OKAY I AM NOT A SMART PERSON - I take the last sentence back! Checked out their insta and watched some usage videos and it’s a very interesting concept and looks easy as hell. Still need to get into it, execute the proper due diligence, see reviews & mainly real member reviews.

But I’m not gonna plunge on this, I don’t need another atm.

flammy

@flammy gave their site a glance and checked out the inner workings and I’m not convinced. I will need to see a video or 3 on using, construction, & breakdown/cleaning. OKAY I AM NOT A SMART PERSON - I take the last sentence back! Checked out their insta and watched some usage videos and it’s a very interesting concept and looks easy as hell. Still need to get into it, execute the proper due diligence, see reviews & mainly real member reviews.

But I’m not gonna plunge on this, I don’t need another atm.

100% agree as it relates to the info provided on their website. These guys have a little to learn as it relates to marketing it seems. I can't take the plunge right now either as I just can't justify another grinder but would love for someone else here to be the martyr....ha!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Hmmm. Their video has piqued my interest...but I'm a bit reserved that it's actual function will be preferable to anything already available. I worry that it will need frequent cleanings, due to its larger surface area of metal that gets smashed into the herb as it rotates. I'm also worried about higher trichome loss that gets smashed into and adhere's to that large surface area, only to be eventually dissolved with iso, washed off, and go down the drain instead of my lungs...which deserve them more.

Also, it costs as much as the Lift....And I strongly suspect that this is not superior to the Lift, given only the limited amount of info I've seen so far. Not saying that I couldn't be wrong.

flammy

Hmmm. Their video has piqued my interest...but I'm a bit reserved that it's actual function will be preferable to anything already available. I worry that it will need frequent cleanings, due to its larger surface area of metal that gets smashed into the herb as it rotates. I'm also worried about higher trichome loss that gets smashed into and adhere's to that large surface area, only to be eventually dissolved with iso, washed off, and go down the drain instead of my lungs...which deserve them more.

Also, it costs as much as the Lift....And I strongly suspect that this is not superior to the Lift, given only the limited amount of info I've seen so far. Not saying that I couldn't be wrong.

I am intrigued but have reservations as well especially given that I have what I believe are two of the best grinders on the market right now (Lift/BCG)

I've had a chance to dialogue with the manufacturer and have provided feedback as it relates to the lack of available salient information on their website. The feedback was taken in stride and they will be looking to make some changes.

I will have to admit that to compete in this space at this time won't be easy. Both the Lift and the BCG will be tough to dethrone. Both extremely capable grinders when compared to just about everything. That said, I do find this design to be appealing. From what I understand, these grinders are currently in the hands of social media influencers. Unfortunately, I couldn't care less about those opinions and just wish there was more real user feedback at this time.

I have invited the manufacturer to create an account and formally introduce their grinder and company to this forum. Hopefully they make an appearance at some point.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm also worried about higher trichome loss that gets smashed into and adhere's to that large surface area, only to be eventually dissolved with iso, washed off, and go down the drain instead of my lungs

Reading that finally made me bite the bullet and order a SLX v2.5 62mm purple grinder.:tup:

I was looking at the BCG but they still have not got back about the picture with anodizing and metal worn off (I don't care about the anodizing, it is the missing metal that worried me):myday:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
BCG looks way too fine for my purposes,
Hey my man, that pic is using the fine grind plate. There are two other plates, I wonder if the BCG medium plate might suit your purposes?

Like a few here, I'm still on a Brilliant honeymoon and haven't had eyes for other grinders.

I've been stuck in a rut, just using the fine plate across the board. I think a couple of instances where a medium grind might be even better so I'm going to break out of my own laziness and try it. Hell, I might pull out the coarse plate *gasp* and give it a go as well. Throw all caution to the wind!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Like my vapcaps for instance, either with my woodscents or flux deluxe, I think might benefit from a coarser grind. Also there's a certain glass bowl I use with the VRod that has minimal restriction, just two tiny perpendicular bars, so if my grind were more coarse maybe I could lose the screen that's necessary with a fine grind. Fine grind is preferred with the NV titanium adjustabowls and even with the glass bowl with holes drilled. If you're getting a BCG and don't want all three plates, my advice is definitely get a fine plate and then choose between coarse or medium plate, according to your needs. But what the hell do I know Les? @Summer loves the coarse plate I believe and she has a lot of the same vapes. We're such a varied and interesting group, ya know? ;)

SquirrelMaster

@LesPlenty
I prefer the medium plate for my MV1, the fine tends to hot spot easier and the coarse occasionally likes a stir but still works fairly well.

With my Splinter Z, medium is usually my go to plate only because I'll already have some ground up with that plate but the coarse is better for flavour.

My vaps caps get a mix of fine and medium.

So basically I'm an enabler :lol:. I went with 3 colors err plates because the colors are so just so nice. I easily could have picked only medium and have been happy.

BCG has a Ruby Red https://www.instagram.com/p/B2pm11RnMdN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link that along with Magenta will be added to the website next week.

I'm kinda fearing when they make a large version of the BCG because there is little chance I'll be able to resist the temptation.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Watch the videos for this grinder. The grind looks very nice - even & very fine. As the herb appears super moist, I would like to see what a dryer grind looks like. To me, this grinder looks like it has potential, but if I were ever to buy another grinder (love my BCG!), it would be for a very coarse grind like the Lift grinder.

https://instagram.com/roiel_health?igshid=vb5p08fq16yp

Top Bottom