Herb Grinders

SquirrelMaster

I dunno. Maybe I'm just spoiled and sick of grinders with threads.

Not to say I would never buy a grinder with threads...but I don't know what's so special about this particular grinder over others.

Oh well, I've been feeling the itch to get one recently, so maybe one day I will know for myself.

If the HerbRipper had not had a 1/4 turn opening feature I wouldn't have even looked at it. My retired Zeus grinder drove me nuts with 720° of turning to open it. Never again.

The size of the XL, not because it's easier to turn, and the interchangeable plates is what sets it apart for me. The United Machining SS grinder is nice but it's smaller and more importantly I locks me into a single grind size. I switch it up, mostly for my MV1 who I do not like running a fine grind in. If HR goes magnetic in the future then I'll add another to my lineup without a doubt.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I just said I only own 4, which is fuck all, many members have drawers full, what else do you want me to say, I said I know even less about coatings..., how mich dumber am I supposed to be before you will feel good.:uhh:
It has nothing to do with that?

I just don't want verifiably false information perpetuated... which you seem hellbent on doing?

But thanks for the personal attack!

Please read my post above, and if you still don't grasp it please ask me for clarification in a PM. Any more posts from anyone along this line will draw a warning point.

SquirrelMaster

@flammy

That United Machining grinder looks nice, and having magnets is a leg up I agree. The 1/4 turn on the HerbRipper is ok but my biggest gripe is that if I don't twist the middle and bottom section tight and then I go to twist but counter clockwise, I'll open the grinder. I've learned to do that initial twist clockwise and I don't have any issues now.

The changeable grind plates is what sets the HR apart IMO. I love tailoring my grind for my various vapes.

The stainless steel lift is coming soon. Only 25 for the moment so they'll be rare. It's so shiny!

https://lift-innovations.ca/collect...cessories?mc_cid=50b3d637c8&mc_eid=570ed8f585

started@52

@flammy

That United Machining grinder looks nice, and having magnets is a leg up I agree. The 1/4 turn on the HerbRipper is ok but my biggest gripe is that if I don't twist the middle and bottom section tight and then I go to twist but counter clockwise, I'll open the grinder. I've learned to do that initial twist clockwise and I don't have any issues now.

The changeable grind plates is what sets the HR apart IMO. I love tailoring my grind for my various vapes.

The stainless steel lift is coming soon. Only 25 for the moment so they'll be rare. It's so shiny!

https://lift-innovations.ca/collect...cessories?mc_cid=50b3d637c8&mc_eid=570ed8f585
SS Lift $300!! ??

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Lift S/S is sold out already! The price must have looked good to some.:tup:

giphy.gif

Summer

Long Island, NY
This was the email I got from Lift Innovations on the 15th:

STAINLESS STEEL GRINDER DROPS TODAY

The Drop will be at exactly 5pm Pacific, 6pm Mountain, 7pm Central, 8pm Eastern, Time Today August 15, 2019

We will only have 25 available and probably won’t make any more for about a year. It takes 2 weeks of media tumbling to complete a grinder to the mirror finish. So the first ones ordered will ship sooner than the 25th one. The 25th grinder ordered will take 4-5 months to complete and ship. We figured we might as well do the drop for all the grinders at once instead of a few each month. The 4 piece Stainless Steel Grinder with accessories package is $300 USD.

• mail
  • mail

mail

mail

Ramahs

Wow. that's ridiculous. What are we supposed to do with that?

Also, if we are expected to pay waaaaaaaaaaay above top-dollar for this, what are we to think about these kind of visual flaws without expecting them to be buffed out in the retail version?

mail.jpg

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Isn't that the piece that mounts (tightens & untightens) the blade? If so, I wouldn't call it optional, especially at $300. It just looks like the stones(?) may not get in those corners when tumbling. No biggie as far as I'm concerned.

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
Agreed about threadless. I've had maybe 3-4 grinders in my lifetime and they were all threaded, got jammed, you had to twist this way and that, it made a noise.. but after getting the Brilliant Cut Grinder, I cannot imagine myself going back to threaded!

Why doesn't everybody move to threadless? it seems like a no brainer

I was really hyped about DynaVap announcing work on bringing a grinder to the mix some weeks ago in a video. I assumed it would be made in house under the DV name but it ended up being a non DV grinder (I'm sure it's good but DV makes some really cool products that I was hoping would make for a sweet small grinder, but alas)

SquirrelMaster

Agreed about threadless. I've had maybe 3-4 grinders in my lifetime and they were all threaded, got jammed, you had to twist this way and that, it made a noise.. but after getting the Brilliant Cut Grinder, I cannot imagine myself going back to threaded!

Why doesn't everybody move to threadless? it seems like a no brainer

I was really hyped about DynaVap announcing work on bringing a grinder to the mix some weeks ago in a video. I assumed it would be made in house under the DV name but it ended up being a non DV grinder (I'm sure it's good but DV makes some really cool products that I was hoping would make for a sweet small grinder, but alas)

Oh it's good :D

I like not having the post in the center of my grinder, as it makes so much room for herb. But opening and closing magnetic is very nice.

There is no perfect grinder... or at least that's what I keep telling myself so I buy more.

Last edited:

MAbud

I dunno. Maybe I'm just spoiled and sick of grinders with threads.

Not to say I would never buy a grinder with threads...but I don't know what's so special about this particular grinder over others.

Oh well, I've been feeling the itch to get one recently, so maybe one day I will know for myself.

What’s your current personal favorite? I’ve got a space case, New Vape 2 piece, a Kannistor and a few others. But looking for something new...

Ramahs

What’s your current personal favorite? I’ve got a space case, New Vape 2 piece, a Kannistor and a few others. But looking for something new...

Most certainly my BCG

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/brilliant-cut-grinder.26878/

Before that it was a fight between the SLX 2.0 (that non-stick coating works well, but makes twisting it feel more like twisting sandpaper), and the SWII.
The SWII had won out as my daily-driver because of ease of use, and the size felt good in my hands moreso than any other grinder I have...though the SLX 2.0 had a better average grind and the Kannastor had a better fine grind (the Kannastore was a pain in the ass though, largely because the grind plate would often loosen while grinding and make a bunch of extra work to keep clean as herb and oil smashed into that crevice and the threads).
The BCG however, beats those hands-down in the even cutting and ease of use department, and I've barely picked any of my other grinders up since I first used my BCG. It's not perfect...but it's the best I've tried so far.

Of course, I'm sure I will keep buying grinders to add to my collection that I feel have a unique enough aspect to them. I'm always interested in a better grind, or a more convenient to use grinder, or something that has a really unique function or design.

Top Bottom