Herb Grinders

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
with shipping and customs border fee?
Those prices are to me in America. No idea what they are in Europe shipped, but I know vapewellness in the UK has them for 9 pounds, so there could be other options in Europe for cheaper.

Well, 3 hours have passed and I have something totally different to post, soooo... mods feel free to merge.

It’s biodegradable, but there are levels of biodegradable, so...

Now i’m going to soak it in water to see if it dissolves. Because science.

Last edited by a moderator:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Lol, I did consider.

I meant to spare you the inner workings of my mind, but you leave me no choice.

My thought process went like this:

“Wow, this thing is cool. Fit and finish seem great. I should clean it and use it.

Wait.

How do I clean it.

ISO? Water? It’s biodegradable, what if it melts.

Well, if it degrades that easily in the presence of water, there is water in cannabis, until I’m sure I can eat this whole grinder and suffer no consequences, I want to know if the grinder will degrade in the presence of even small amount of water.

I’ll soak it and see what happens.

Yeah. That’s what I’ll do.

Not like I would use it before it’s been cleaned anyway.

*fills container with cold water and inserts grinder.”

Shouldn't have had to tell you! Weren't you in the least bit curious about grind? :goon:
I was kidding. Very curious about the grind. Just got home, going to remove and dry the grinder. Will report my findings.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Lol, I did consider.

I meant to spare you the inner workings of my mind, but you leave me no choice.

My thought process went like this:

“Wow, this thing is cool. Fit and finish seem great. I should clean it and use it.

Wait.

How do I clean it.

ISO? Water? It’s biodegradable, what if it melts.

Well, if it degrades that easily in the presence of water, there is water in cannabis, until I’m sure I can eat this whole grinder and suffer no consequences, I want to know if the grinder will degrade in the presence of even small amount of water.

I’ll soak it and see what happens.

Yeah. That’s what I’ll do.

Not like I would use it before it’s been cleaned anyway.

*fills container with cold water and inserts grinder.”

I was kidding. Very curious about the grind. Just got home, going to remove and dry the grinder. Will report my findings.
So............how does it taste?
That will be my next question..........lolz.
:D

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Ok!

2 hour soak in cold water caused no noticeable difference to the material. I followed with hot soapy water, up to 100°, with again no effect.

Dried thoroughly, and let sit 10 minutes to assure it was completely dry.

Let me again say fit and finish are impressive. Material looks and feels great. I took the sticker off before the soak. I debated leaving it on, but was worried the water would make it weird, plus I love how the material looks, and it already has a stamped logo on the one side.

The grinder spins well. I can hold the bottom and spin the top and it continues to spin for another 1/2 second.

It feels very solid overall.

But on to the grind!

This is some CBD called blue exotic 2 from CBD hemp direct. It is a little dry. I plan to add some moisture back in, but for the sake of the test don’t have time. I have no doubt that the real thing would grind fluffier than this.

Started with this:

I didn’t break it up, just removed the largest stem

Ground very well. Very little effort.

Here is the grind. Nice and fluffy.

And the grind spread out a little.

Last edited:

Lift Innovations

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Has anyone seen the new grinder soon to be released by lift innovations?

Also has changeable plates and different screens.

Interesting design. Wonder if it will get gummed up though?
It's the same design with a few updates over the years, there are a few ways a grinder can get gummed up and we've taken care of them. But you still should give ours a cleaning every couple of years or so.

Vapor Loop

What makes the Lift not need regular cleaning? Wouldn't material still get stuck in the threads quickly?

Vapor Loop,
Reactions: Ramahs

Lift Innovations

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
acD0lIR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/acD0lIR.jpg?1
bY0TvTn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bY0TvTn.jpg

A little review of my experience with the Lift Innovations grinder over the last year.

At first glance, I wasn't nearly as thrilled as I was when I pre-ordered it from their Indie Go Go campaign. I wanted a bronze one but settled for black because their production line was taking absolutely forever. Excuse after excuse during production greatly lowered how I felt about supporting this company. The grinder finally grew on me, even though I feel like a hipster owning it.

Things I really like:

-Build quality. Very sturdy and well machined metal. Nice weight to it. Smooth to the touch.
-Super easy to chop herbs. I've run over 10 oz of kind dank through it with no issues whatsoever.
-Half turn threading. I always used to cross thread my old grinder, or it would get stuck if the threads were sticky. No more issues with that.
-Easy to clean and scrape off blade hash.
-It gets a lot of compliments. People always express how impressed they are with how it functions.

Improvements to be made:

-I don't like how the top sometimes doesn't immediately fit into place. It's easy enough, but I don't find it pleasing how the hex bit sometimes doesn't pop right in.
-Not really a fan of the logo + "manufactured in Canada" + serial # + web address inscribed all over the grinder. I don't know what they were thinking there.
-Not the best keif producing screen.
-I'd like if it was a little bigger. (that's what she said)

Overall, I like this grinder and will continue to use it. Seeing that the company just doubled their pricing is a little disappointing as I probably wouldn't pay that much for it. It's definitely a little gimmicky being toted as "the world's most innovative grinder", but works well enough and is cool if you want something different.
Hey, awesome feedback. We like hearing the good and the bad. We've been making little improvements along the way, we did notice the Spinner to shaft engagement wasn't the best, so we made a little change to the chamfer on the top of the shaft. Send us an email to info@lift-innovations.com with a picture of the serial number (that's why we have it on there) and we'll send you an updated blade (Lifetime Warranty).

Our #1 complaint is that the grinder doesn't produce enough kief, this is the byproduct of cutting instead of the other way. It doesn't disturb the material as much and keeps the pollen with the flower.

We are open to a new logo - feel free to let me know your ideas. We are proud that we make it in Canada BTW.

Since the grinder is modular - you can get another Product Chamber (or 20) without a screen stack them and increase the storage capacity.

Thanks for listening!

Founders Edition #996
Love it!

Thanks for sticking with us when we were having problems. We still have problems but shit it was hard in the beginning.

Lift Innovations

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
What makes the Lift not need regular cleaning? Wouldn't material still get stuck in the threads quickly?
We do a few things, We media tumble all our aluminum parts, this eliminates all the tiny machining grooves (the machining grooves look like record grooves under a microscope) that material adheres to - nothing to "bite" on to. The smoother the surface, the less likely anything will stick.

The type of anodizing we have is called "commercial hardcoat", this process is done at a colder temperature than regular anodizing and produces a harder surface. We also use 100% organic dyes (no heavy metals) and the sealing process is done in pure water (instead of with chemical additives to speed up the process)

We surface finish all our Stainless Steel parts (which are the same grade of SS as your fork and knife), again the smoother the surface the less likely anything will stick.

We have 3 stationary blades and 4 rotating blades, they cut just like scissors (but in a rotary fashion). Because of the odd number of blades (3 and 4), only one blade is cutting at a time and you are only cutting a few millimeters at any one time. This reduces the amount of compression of the material and squeezing out of the resins, the pollen also tends to say more on the flower. Less free resin and pollen equals less sticky stuff to stick to things.

For the threads, we have a simple 3 tooth 1/4 turn system, it has less surface area (about an inch total) and with help from all of the above features, there is less stuff to get on the threads.

For the Spinner, the blade shaft keeps it centered, there is always a clearance and there is never metal to metal contact, we also have the sealing ring (we call it the Spinner Ring) on the inside, so material never makes its way to jam it up - it stays inside.

I just re-read your question and realized that you only asked me about the threads. Sorry for going overboard.

And it was already expensive :whoa:
We are expensive, but it takes quite a bit more to produce our grinder. We made it to last a lifetime, it should pay for itself in time.

Some very strong words again my friend...
You must have A LOT of friends to try out nearly ALL the grinders in the market...
Dumping every grinder on the market in the SAME category and then making a special podium for the Lift seems a bit over the top to me!
I get it, you are very happy with your purchase and I am happy for you!
A lot of us were early adopters and wanted this to be the "Holy Grail" of grinders but for a lot of us it fell seriously short of it's mark!

My Lift gets gummed up just as much as my other grinders, it all depends on the moisture content of your herb. Bone dry herb falls through just like any other grinder out there...

For myself the KannaStor VAPE GR8TR is perfect for me.
Consistent, fine grind with all the bits of herb being the same size. Uniform grind.
My Lift does not do this with the fine plate as it gives a variable grind with the fine plate, so I end up with a mixed grind which I did not want.

We all have preferences that suit our individual needs.
Hope you hang around and get caught by the VAS, GAS and the GrAS symptoms to add further insight when used daily and added into your routine.

VAS - Vape Acquisition Syndrome
GAS - Glass Acquisition Syndrome
GrAS - Grinder Acquisition Syndrome.
Hey, can you share some pictures of your issues? If our grinder isn't working for you, we'd like to understand what's going on and see if we can improve. We haven't heard your type of issues yet. would really like some specific details.

I was an early buyer of the lift grinder. I like how smooth it is and think it’s great for coarser grinds, but I am not wowed with it’s fine grind setting. It would have been great if they had nailed a design to get a finishing grind but this grinder just doesn’t cut it for those that like small consistent grind. However I have definitely not found a more comfortable grinder.
We've been thinking about making a finishing disc and blade option for a bit, been getting quite a bit of requests for it. Hopefully soon.

Probably rare because it is US$130 on Amzon and they still have not brought out a finer blade or whatever it needs for a finer grind that everyone says it needs..... nothing like listening to the community and giving the customer what they want. No wonder there are so may knock offs of the Lift available because it is a great idea that has not been improved to the point where it needs to be to ask a premium price.
Maybe it is time for a V2, it has been out for couple years after all.
We are a small company, in an industry that is hard to acquire capital unless you give up equity. For better or worse we aren't giving up equity, we're bootstrapping and growing slower than we could. We're hoping to hit our stride soon and get what we (and what you)want done quicker. Starting something from scratch for reals is challenging but fun as fuck.

Welcome to Fc. I do gotta admit i am rather interested in you're grinder.
Nice to be here, Thanks!

I'll share anything you'd like to know about it.

Lift Innovations Grinder

Anybody tried it ?
Yes :)

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
About a year ago I had GAS. I got several grinders.
Finest grind? My free S&B grinders I received with purchase of the Mighty and the capsule loading device.
My favorite grinder? Lift -with the fine sifter.
I like the cavities you put your material in so I don't have to squish the top end to push pins through buds to connect to the lower end like you do with all of my other grinders. I like the 1/4 turn threads so I'm not unscrewing for 3 or 4 revolutions to open the device. I have another grinder, a custom made Phonecian, that also has the 1/4 turn threads. I don't think I'll buy another grinder that does not have this. I will say the Lift version of 1/4 turn is better than the Phonecian version of that feature.
My material is easier to grind than with my traditional grinders. By this I mean it feels easier to turn through dense nuggets than the traditional grinder.
I own and have given away several grinders. This is the only one I bought two of and now probably three of because I'll likely convince myself I need the red one.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
About a year ago I had GAS. I got several grinders.
Finest grind? My free S&B grinders I received with purchase of the Mighty and the capsule loading device.
My favorite grinder? Lift -with the fine sifter.
I like the cavities you put your material in so I don't have to squish the top end to push pins through buds to connect to the lower end like you do with all of my other grinders. I like the 1/4 turn threads so I'm not unscrewing for 3 or 4 revolutions to open the device. I have another grinder, a custom made Phonecian, that also has the 1/4 turn threads. I don't think I'll buy another grinder that does not have this. I will say the Lift version of 1/4 turn is better than the Phonecian version of that feature.
My material is easier to grind than with my traditional grinders. By this I mean it feels easier to turn through dense nuggets than the traditional grinder.
I own and have given away several grinders. This is the only one I bought two of and now probably three of because I'll likely convince myself I need the red one.
Well crap now I need a lift grinder also. I was thinking it might be harder to turn also because physics (like how a fan blade moves faster toward the outside of the blade but is also easiest to stop there).

Top Bottom