Herb Grinders

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I probably should have specified i only microwaved to melt. I would never attempt a extraction that way. :lol:
I have a Mbm and use the crock pot method for small amounts, And i filter with the bag that came with the Mbm

I don't really use low quality anything until this happened, Now i use cheap wood grinders. I didn't wan't to say names but i have had one that you listed flake and it was confirmed to be authentic, So now i am rather hesitant to get a Lift or a Bcg. I would love to see someone with either a lift of bcg attempt to microwave some abv collected over about a months time in for 5-10 seconds.
I just emptied my ABV jar yesterday, so I am starting from scratch. But I will definitely give this a go when I collect enough. Stay tuned...

jracerx

I’m hoping for a 420 sale. So close at this point it seems silly not to wait.

I wonder if GFL would be open to some sort of "mass buy"?

It seems there are a number of folks waiting until 420, me included.

If you want it for 420 order it soon - my 2 purchases from them were 5-6 week wait time.

Worth the wait!

MoltenTiger

I like the concept of BCG but it's a bit overpriced for a 3pc. That's just my opinion...
It's definitely expensive when compared with Chinese mass produced grinders, i.e. most grinders, even SLX.

But I will say I don't miss having a screen section. I'm still able to scrape up kief from the BCG chamber walls for a potency kick, and I was never one for cleaning my grinders, including the screen - in the SLX it's the only part that really needs attention as it gets blocked easily.

I don't think I'll bother with the addition when the BCG goes to a modular 3 or 4 piece

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

That's why I asked for the link. I was already there on their main site, and didn't see anything about a new product coming out.

Are you just talking about the different colors of the same ol' lift innovations grinder that's been around for a while, or have they talked about a new grinder that's yet to be released that I'm not seeing on their main page that you linked to?

Last edited:

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Hmmm... it’s possible I had a complete and utter stoner moment.

I swear when I looked yesterday it said coming in June 2019.

So...

I made a mental note to see if anyone here had heard of them or even beta tested them.

Now it looks like they are available already.

Sorry for the confusion!

Has anyone tried them?

MoltenTiger

seems like with the BCG, tough buds make it harder to place the lid on. Needs a bit of force to be pushed in place, as per normal with these designs - but, as soon as you turn it, it just buzzes into the desired size without any effort.

I have many times had to re-open the SLX after pushing on the lid with a fat amount of bud, as it is fixed in place and even with my moderate grip strength I can't get it to turn (I've wrestled with it more times than I'd care to know).
Plus you ran the risk with binding the threads by twisting in one direction.

None of that with the BCG, this thing just mulls up like no other. Really is worth a look. It's leaving basically nothing to be desired.

MoltenTiger

2h6aej9.jpg

SLX vs. BCG Coarse plate.

The old SLX feels grainy to turn and, I'll say it, out-right awful in use by direct comparison. I've praised it a fair bit before, and still, both chop up just fine, the end result is really pretty good, either way. But after buttery smooth grinding action for almost 7 weeks, going back to a 3 year old SLX was a bit worse than I expected. Like grinding a rock on rock.

Having the ability to swap the mid-section to mix up the outcome is ideal. The SLX is more of a medium+fine blend. Consistency makes a difference, so the tolerances and engineering of the BCG does pay off. I've been waiting on it it to happen, and it has delivered it all in leaps and bounds as an ideal grinder for vaping.

You could liken it to a set of good monitors vs. general speakers. They might do the same thing, but they do not do the same thing. What is the value of that difference?
If you have several vapes and frequently sample a range of bud types, it begins to make more sense.
But, even if you just have a vapcap M, variable grinds is still worthwhile.

You can go finer still with the MFLB finishing grinder, for conduction (thinking the Pax line) - but that's old tech and a lot of effort too. And expensive too.

An ancient, trusty and passed down grinder is as good as anything, ground bud is ground bud and nothing more. But, there is something to be a little excited about here, it's noticeable being able to mix up the grind - and all of them are so smooth, fast and shamelessly enjoyable.
With the same herb and a convection vape, there's a noticeable potency and flavour difference; with the coarse plate tending to be tastier and lending to longer sessions, getting massive clouds for most hits.
The medium is in the middle, you start to get a more rapid extraction. And then the fine is able to really up the potency factor, though the flavour and output will fade.

I don't know about perfect, but being able to dial it all in for the sesh is as good as it gets from a grinder. The SLX and BCG are THE choices for grinders in my opinion. The BCG might seem like the basic stack grinder, but it really is on new levels, and it deserves a solid recommendation

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@-dab8- you awakened my curiosity on the Lift. I feel like it was discussed more somewhere, but I can’t find much on this thread; it must be buried in another thread somewhere. Or in my own imagination.
Anyhow...

For those who do have the Lift... How does the Lift work?
Does it have teeth or is it just a grater? The pics on their site don’t show its’ assembled innards, anyone have some to share?

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
@-dab8- you awakened my curiosity on the Lift. I feel like it was discussed more somewhere, but I can’t find much on this thread; it must be buried in another thread somewhere. Or in my own imagination.
Anyhow...

Does it have teeth or is it just a grater? The pics on their site don’t show its’ assembled innards, anyone have some to share?

I have to wonder if the moving parts will get gummed up, but Zakk from puff it up used it today on his live stream and the grind looked pretty great.

Ramahs

Anyhow...

I don't know this reviewer, but it was the first that popped up in a youtube search that appears to show the parts of the grinder and how it works with enough detail:

Ramahs

I just posted this same review in the Brilliant Cut Grinder thread, and figured it belonged here as well:

I've had my production-model BCGrinder for over a month now. I'd had and been using the final beta model for a few months before @Grinders for Life sent me the final model that I've now been using for several weeks. I'd been meaning to get on here and post a review for a couple weeks now, but I never seemed to find the time.

For starters, as many have said here, I could see myself using only this grinder for the rest of my days and being perfectly happy. I haven't used every grinder on the market but, as you can see from the ones I currently own in my signature, I own a few of the top-rated grinders available. However, I haven't used anything except for the BCG since the day it arrived. It's everything I need for all my vaporizers.

The two places that gunk up on any grinder are always the threads and the inner and outer walls around the grinding area, where they make contact between the top grinding plate and the lower/middle grinding plate...of course, the gunked-up threads are eliminated by the all-magnetic threadless connections. However, the elimination of gunk collecting on the side-walls where they rub against each other as you twist the grinder has been eliminated because those outer walls never touch. As many here have said, the top section wiggles a little side to side because the upper teeth that surround the center pin are what holds the top piece in the center and doesn't allow the outer walls around the grinding area to touch, ever. So nothing ever gets smashed together between those walls....buildup there is eliminated!

^ Those two above unique aspects of the BCG are mainly why I feel that it's the best on the market right now. The first one, the threadless magnetic connections has been done before (though rarely), but never this well. The teeth and the center pin holding it together so that the sidewalls never smash herb between them and develop buildup is genius and Is completely original and unique to this grinder as far as I'm aware.

Beyond that, the cutting edge on the top of the center pin just eliminates the issues other grinders have with herb getting smashed between the magnets and stuck there.

The beta model had a bit of an issue with some loose leafy bits remaining behind in the grinding chamber long after everything else had fallen through, requiring a shitload more twisting and twisting and twisting before the last thin-light bits would fall through. That issue has been virtually eliminated with the changes to the teeth between the beta model and the current final production model. The fine grind plate still requires a little bit more twisting at the end of the grind to get the last bits down, but it does it with less twisting than any other grinder I've used with a fine-grind plate that fine, like my GR8TR with their fine grind plate. The fine-grind GR8TR always has leafy bits that don't want to go down. It may be impossible to do any better with that fine of a grind plate than what @Grinders for Life has done with the BCG. But the medium plate tears through it very fast and leaves no leafy bits behind whatsoever. I have to say that the medium plate is fantastic and shreds through anything I've put into it with just a few back and fourth twists, leaving nothing behind most of the time from the first time I open the grinder to check. The medium grind is the most versatile for all my vapes, and if I could only have one plate, that would be it.

I've barely touched the coarse plate because the medium is plenty course for 99% of my needs.

I've said before that I wish it was a little bigger, with thicker gripping area around the outside sides of the top-piece, because it would fit better in my hands, and a BCG that is physically about the size of the Super Weapon II would be an ideal size for my hands, and I still feel that way...However, after getting used to this size, it really is plenty big enough for the average user, including me. In fact, I usually grind, and then leave the herb in the grinder as storage, and spend a day or so scooping it out into my vapes. The grinder seals well-enough that the herb will be fine in there for that short of a period of time. So I don't really need a larger grinder at all...I just like the feel of a slightly larger size device in my hands, but I still don't need the larger amount of ground material at a time that the larger size would provide. So I'm also very happy with the current size now that I've gotten used to it.

There is really not much to criticize about this grinder. I brush it out after every use, and the grinder is still quite clean. Barely anything has collected on the inside surface. I doubt I'll need to clean this more often than every few months, as long as I brush it out regularly like I've always done with all my grinders.

I know that this grinder is a little more pricey than some of its other top-competitors, but it really is in a league of its own and I doubt that anyone who owns one will ever regret their purchase. The reason we aficionados want a higher-end product is because all the little perfected aspects of it make the overall experience better, and the BCGrinder has given me the best grinding experience that I've had so far with any grinder. Plus, the people who run @Grinders for Life have impressed me with how they've looked to the community and listened to us in designing and producing this grinder. They run the type of business that I feel deserves our support.

MoltenTiger

cheaper grinders are totally adequate
They really are, but they're also inferior to spending the time with a bowl and scissors. Much quicker though.

It really depends on what you like. The Lift I think would be ideally suited to those with limited dexterity due to the fly-wheel type grinding set up, but it's less interesting to me as the grind consistency seems less than perfect and it's a bit coarse.

I'm liking coarse grinds ATM, but overall prefer a fine chop. Mainly a size consistency is the best out come.

I remember watching The StashBox review the Lift on YouTube, definitely pushed me to the SLX back in the day

simplywonderful

Hey everyone are there any people from EU that would like to join group buy of Santa Cruz hemp two piece shredder?
Its all hemp shredder by uncle bern.
santa-cruz-shredder-2-piece-hemp-grinder.jpg

There are other versions, same grinder just gold santa cruz shredder or cookies sticker or whatever it is :)

simplywonderful

Hey everyone are there any people from EU that would like to join group buy of Santa Cruz hemp two piece shredder?
Its all hemp shredder by uncle bern.
santa-cruz-shredder-2-piece-hemp-grinder.jpg

There are other versions, same grinder just gold santa cruz shredder or cookies sticker or whatever it is :)
I forgot to mention that I did something like this before with user @Donskills we purchased the ryot cases for mighty

Top Bottom