• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
I have the larger SLX 2.0 and it takes between a 1/2 and a 3/4 turn to open. One of my favorite features.

Yuppers! I have an SLX 2.0, and can confirm this as well. That's one of the things I like about it.
Thanks guys, that's good to know.
As soon as I can raise the cash, I think I'll try the smaller model.
The Brilliant Cut is hugely tempting, but money is tight now, and the SLX can be found at half the BCG ticket.
Plus I do love that nothing ever sticks to the teeth of my 303.

I wonder what SLX advise for cleaning the 2.0?
Dishwasher safe?
PBW OK?,
ISO?
I mean, does it even need cleaning?
My 303 does, but never where the ceracote coating is. :science:
Since the 2.0 is completely covered (even the threads?) I'm hoping any buildup in the nooks and crannies comes off real easy?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Copacetic I would only use hot water & dish soap, and a toothbrush. Let it soak for a few minutes and brusha-brusha as required. A toothbrush with a bit of soap gets those teeth and threads (if you have any) smooth and clean.

ISO is okay in terms of finish but a bit overkill for the task imo.
PBW is absolutely not a suitable option here, it’ll eat through any grinder finish. I’m not sure where, maybe this very thread, but there was a post of warning with pictures of what PBW does to a grinder in seconds.

D’oh! :doh: Just saw you have an SLX, I don’t think you’ll need anything beyond a soaking! I’ve never had one but their coating is legendary for its low maintenance requirements. Peace!

almost there

Thanks guys, that's good to know.
As soon as I can raise the cash, I think I'll try the smaller model.
The Brilliant Cut is hugely tempting, but money is tight now, and the SLX can be found at half the BCG ticket.
Plus I do love that nothing ever sticks to the teeth of my 303.

I wonder what SLX advise for cleaning the 2.0?
Dishwasher safe?
PBW OK?,
ISO?
I mean, does it even need cleaning?
My 303 does, but never where the ceracote coating is. :science:
Since the 2.0 is completely covered (even the threads?) I'm hoping any buildup in the nooks and crannies comes off real easy?
I have a SLX 2.0 that I picked up in February, still haven’t had to clean it yet. After your post I went and inspected it, nope, won’t have to clean it anytime in the near future

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I brush my SLX 2.0 off/out after every grind. Haven't had to clean it any deeper as long as I do that. Though, if I did feel the need, I'm sure that warm soapy water and a small brush are all I'd use...as others here have already alluded to.

abcd5432

I have a SLX 2.0 that I picked up in February, still haven’t had to clean it yet. After your post I went and inspected it, nope, won’t have to clean it anytime in the near future
I only use a brush to brush stuff off sometimes. I've only done this once? Maybe twice. I've never had to fully clean it Ina dish washer or something. That would be extreme overkill for this.

I got this to save time, as my whole setup and life is built around maximizing my time, and the slx does that well.

I saw it mentioned once in this thread but it wasn't followed up:
http://www.gleichdick.at
Anyone here using one of those? On first sight, they seem like a nice alternative to the BCG for people in Europe, but no idea if the consistency of the grind is suitable for vaping or how smooth the grinding is.

Ramahs

I saw it mentioned once in this thread but it wasn't followed up:
http://www.gleichdick.at
Anyone here using one of those? On first sight, they seem like a nice alternative to the BCG for people in Europe, but no idea if the consistency of the grind is suitable for vaping or how smooth the grinding is.

That would be more of an alternative to the Newvape Fine Grinder. It's not like the BCG at all, as far as I can tell.

Ramahs

I have the NVFG and, if it weren't for the fact that I am not a fan of two-piece grinders for everyday use at all, then I'm sure it would be my favorite.
That being said, It would have a place in my zombie-apocalypse emergency kit, as it is practically bomb-proof.

PapaEmeritusCDXX

Microtonal Banana
I'm torn on A grinder for myself.

Deciding between; 4 piece chromium crusher, 4 piece cali crusher, 4 piece SCS.

I missed out on the brilliant cut train, so I just need something that would be better than my lousy cheap ass G* Grinder.

PapaEmeritusCDXX,
Reactions: BigJr48

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well, @ArgEnt, if you want threadless & a NV grind like (@Ramahs is correct), then I'm sure you'll probably be happy with it.

Boy that was unintelligible. should read ... "& a NV grind (if Ramahs is correct about the grind), then ..."

;)

@PapaEmeritusCDXX, how did you miss out on the BCG train. It's almost to the point of sales production so if you can hang on another month max. At least that's what I think.

Last edited:
I guess we'll have to wait until @Alex3oe can say something about the performance to compare them.
Just want to mention that I'm talking about the 3 and 4 piece models, otherwise there wouldn't be many similarities to the BCG obviously :D

ArgetCraio,
Reactions: BigJr48

Ramahs

I'm torn on A grinder for myself.

Deciding between; 4 piece chromium crusher, 4 piece cali crusher, 4 piece SCS.

I missed out on the brilliant cut train, so I just need something that would be better than my lousy cheap ass G* Grinder.

The brilliant cut train hasn't even started yet. They are not available for purchase yet...but they will be soon!

Ramahs,

almost there

I have the NVFG and, if it weren't for the fact that I am not a fan of two-piece grinders for everyday use at all, then I'm sure it would be my favorite.
That being said, It would have a place in my zombie-apocalypse emergency kit, as it is practically bomb-proof.

After reading your post I will have to break out my NVFG and give it a go, I find the 2 piece grinders such a PITA also. I'm pretty sure I only used my NV grinder once and the grind didn't overly impressed me so I packed it away. It's a really nice quality grinder but having to transfer all the material after grinding is more than I care to do. If I remember correctly the ground material was nice and fine but it wasn't as fluffy as I prefer.

Last edited:

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Some of you guys need a quality herb dish for your 2piecers.. :myday:

I've been buying a grinder a year to keep it at bay :brow: but my grinder herd has thinned and I may pick up two this holiday season..

Alexis

After reading your post I will have to break out my NVFG and give it a go, I find the 2 piece grinders such a PITA also. I'm pretty sure I only used my NV grinder once and the grind didn't overly impressed me so I packed it away. It's a really nice quality grinder but having to transfer all the material after grinding is more than I care to do. If I remember correctly the ground material was nice and fine but it wasn't as fluffy as I prefer.
The Newvape Fine grinders work much better when filled I did find and as Edwyn himself emphasizes. I didn't want to keep grinding bigger amounts, every time. Even that was hard work for me to properly empty the NVFG and gather it up.

But I really wanted to be able to throw smaller amounts in spontaneously, with ease.
So I got a Kannastor V2. The fine plate produces the finest grind you would ever need and is always very uniform but the plate gets gunged up so quickly, and unless it's kept clean always hardly any of the herb makes it through the holes and it's a real nuisance to brush so many surfaces out.

The grind does improve vapor production and performance of certain devices. But as was the case with the NVFG, I quickly began to resent the grinding ritual with the fine plate,

So now I am using the coarse plate which has fairly large holes but still produces a pretty fine grind and is working very well for me and is so much easier to use in every sense. So I'm fairly happy with it at the moment but saying that I really would like a BC Grinder in my life.

I'm just not sure I could justify that sort of expenditure to ship over here total, when I have an already fairly popular and highly rated grinder which is working pretty well.

almost there

The Newvape Fine grinders work much better when filled I did find and as Edwyn himself emphasizes. I didn't want to keep grinding bigger amounts, every time. Even that was hard work for me to properly empty the NVFG and gather it up.

But I really wanted to be able to throw smaller amounts in spontaneously, with ease.
So I got a Kannastor V2. The fine plate produces the finest grind you would ever need and is always very uniform but the plate gets gunged up so quickly, and unless it's kept clean always hardly any of the herb makes it through the holes and it's a real nuisance to brush so many surfaces out.

The grind does improve vapor production and performance of certain devices. But as was the case with the NVFG, I quickly began to resent the grinding ritual with the fine plate,

So now I am using the coarse plate which has fairly large holes but still produces a pretty fine grind and is working very well for me and is so much easier to use in every sense. So I'm fairly happy with it at the moment but saying that I really would like a BC Grinder in my life.

I'm just not sure I could justify that sort of expenditure to ship over here total, when I have an already fairly popular and highly rated grinder which is working pretty well.
Good call my friend, I only used a nugget so everything was all spread out and loose. Freaking hell, now I really need to search out that grinder and try it out, it’s been months so where to start looking:shrug:

Whissmu

I keep using my chewy every day :rockon::rockon::rockon: ... sometimes by pure homesickness :hmm: I take my kannastor and I remember the movement of the wrist :rofl:I also resorted to the manual grinder to store and align between two strains :science: ,, a different strain in each grinder :sherlock:

image.jpg

Top Bottom