1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Herb Grinders

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by vtac, Mar 20, 2008.

1. babaganush

babaganush Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured. I recently bought a pill crusher because its really cheap and the teeth wont ever touch anything besides bud so it wont get worn off. Thats another reason why I wanted the Lift grinder, although I still cant justify the price (even though it does seem like a "buy it for life" type deal). The pill crusher I have grinds real well because it has teeth, but the grind isnt consistent. It can grind really fine or course depending on your technique.

This is the brand: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pill-Cru...3843&wl11=online&wl12=241295004&wl13=&veh=sem

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Summer and JCharles like this.
  2. JCharles

JCharles FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017

@Bologna I had to check out their website earlier today. Canadian company is always nice.

Seems to perform like one of those grinder cards without risking a finger/knuckle for a really fine grind.

At $100, I hope it has a killer warranty and comes with all the needed screens etc.

I'm going to stick with my Super Weapon II

3. youngfart420

youngfart420 Member

I see the SLX for 60.. On vapeworld they have 40% off all grinders.. so that would bring the large SCS slightly cheaper than SLX.. Can anyone checkout the Interplantery Development Superweapon 2, maybe give an opinion? for that price looks interestings especially with an extra 35% off

funny im looking at SW2 or SCS 4pc large....im leaning towards the price of SW2, even tho vapworld got the SCS for 40% off... I just like you profile pic as my 13 yr old beagle snores next to me =)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2017
  4. JCharles

SWII are on sale, 35% off I think and a few colour options are being sold at an all ready reduced price.

5. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

Yep, I really would like to try a Lift but the price including shipping overseas is way more than what I would spend for a grinder.

@InterplanetaryTanner what mesh size is the screen included with the SWII?

InterplanetaryTanner likes this.
  6. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Idk wether it already was mentioned. Namastevaporizers.co.uk has reduced price of the SLX 2.0 to 39,95 GBP and on that a Xmas discount of 35%! It's a steal for European customers. Got mine and love it.
    For a finer grind I use the NewVape Fine Grinder. That's all I need - or do I also need a Chewy 2.0?? :hmm:

7. Doktor Dub

Doktor Dub Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing this, i paid MUCH more to get my SLX to Europe and i love it too (got the bigger 4 piece). NewVape fine grinder is on the way to me, so i am set but perhaps i have to pick up another slx....

The Chewy doesn t attract me at all, but that is probably just personal. :2c:

JCharles, Hogni and MoltenTiger like this.
  8. Mr Turnip

Mr Turnip Member

I might be wrong a while ago since I looked. But I think fastech sell the slx authentic might I add grinders.

Worth a look for those interested fastech is on the ball with delivery etc..

JCharles likes this.
  9. Hogni

They have the larger one too reduced. Look at their site!

I took the smaller one. Pretty good size for on the go. And big enough to pre-grind the amount of fresh herbs I need even for a smaller sesh in one run.

10. InterplanetaryTanner

InterplanetaryTanner Interplanetary Development Accessory Maker

Mesh 60

The Beagle and JCharles like this.
  11. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Been kinda wanting a 3 piece grinder instead of sifting out all the resin heads since that's the part I'm actually interested in vaping. Not sure why I never realized I could just take out the middle piece of my Kannastor lol. Voila! Grind capacity is reduced even further with this modification but I don't like having a bunch of pre-ground sitting around losing flavor anyways.

JCharles and MoltenTiger like this.
  12. Bologna

Bologna je pense donc je vape

Nah, it’s like saving pennies... a whole lotta tiny juicy pennies... it’s nice to have around to zest up some less than adequate flower.

I pretty much only grind on-demand at home.

JCharles and MoltenTiger like this.
  13. invertedisdead

That's the only part of the bud that has any medicinal compounds. The rest is just cellulose plant matter. Compost.

The Beagle and JCharles like this.
  14. Bologna

I totally understand what resin glands are, man... but from each grind I’m collecting very few... the screen is really fine and most doesn’t even fall through. That kief in my catcher took months to build up... the flower has been good so there hasn’t been much need to mess with it...

zor, JCharles and MoltenTiger like this.
  15. invertedisdead

Are we using the same grinder? Mine collects a lot. Not sure how many sessions you do a day but it doesn't take too long for mine to fill up. I make good progress in a week.

JCharles likes this.
  16. Godspeed

Godspeed Well-Known Member

I purchased a SLX 2.0 one year ago and it works great and is always clean.

I chose this grinder due to a plethora of positive reviews and because it only had SLX on the lid.

Personally, I find products that have too much writing or designs on them to be unattractive.

abcd5432 and MoltenTiger like this.
  17. Bologna

I have no idea if we are, I didn’t read the whole thread... are we? I posted my LIFT a couple of days ago. I was surprised how fine the standard screen was... they offer them even finer. I’ll grind a small amount about 4-6 times a day if I’m only using flower.

I think I might make some kief butter... why not...?

MoltenTiger and JCharles like this.
  18. JCharles

It has more to do with how you handle your herb and your grinder.

Don't shake or two your grinder with flower in it yo reduce losing kief. Minimal handling of the flower (bud and ground) will reduce agitation of the trichromes even further. Keep your grind coarse and don't grind the material with the grinder inverted.

I use a 4 piece because they are awesome for the medium coarse grind vaporizers enjoy. I collect very little kief because I would much rather vape it the first time around.

I typically don't do anything with it anymore. I used to salt joints with kief, but these days it usually just ends up I my avb container to boost the cannabinoids in any oils I make. Since its not decarbed I use the oils for baked goods (and that does the trick).

19. abcd5432

abcd5432 Well-Known Member

Just was coming here for this EXACT post. I'm thinking of ordering the newvape fine grinder and testing that out. I am planning on getting the twax and already have the SLX 2.0 which I'm in love with.
    Do I get the newvape fine grinder? How do you use it?
    What's the difference between the two newvape fine brinders?
    [​IMG]
    That's an evil idea. I'm making a large batch of cooking oil for the avb I've saved up over the last 18 months and that sounds like a great way to top it off. With all the kief I store up. Finally a use for this!
    I was wondering how I could give my kicking oil a huge kick without having to buy bud I forgot I had that kief that I just never use.
    I rave about it non stop. Best purchase I made. I'm going to try the GR8TR but I suspect the cleaning will turn me off.
    I need to stop collecting....

MoltenTiger, Hogni and JCharles like this.
  20. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I love mine as a very fine grinder, its best feature IMHO is the deep grinding chamber that never gets sticky on the sides. Unfortunately the fine plate requires some cleaning to properly work but it's well worth the hassle if you need a fine grind. IME it works a lot better than the MFLB finishing grinder.

MoltenTiger and JCharles like this.
  21. AtomicPB

AtomicPB Well-Known Member

How is the 35% Xmas discount applied to ones order? Would love to get an SLX for that price. :)

Edit:
    Sorry, I was to blind to see it on their website. :doh: In case someone else has tomatoes on his/her eyes ... the discount code is: NEWYEARSALE

Edit 2:
    Just ordered a SLX in the color purple haze for my girlfriend. I was pretty happy with my Medium SCS 3pc but have always been curious about the SLX. It seems that now I had a good excuse, because of the price. :) Was considering the Gleichdick Grinder from Austria as well. Looks quite interesting but I had the feeling that they don't bring anything new to the table except the shape, the teeth looked pretty much like the SCS teeth.

I would also like to ask a question. Is the grind consistency of the NewVape Fine Grinder comparable to the MFLB
    Finishing Grinder? Since I refell in love with my MFLB, I was looking for something which let's me pre-grind some material and is more convenient than the MFLB Finishing Grinder. The Chewie2 is not an option, because I would like something non-electrical.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    The Beagle and Hogni like this.
  22. Hogni

Sorry, I didn't order myself. My pal @vapen00b did it for me - he's my trustable treasurer :wave:

AtomicPB likes this.
  23. abcd5432

abcd5432 Well-Known Member

It's not that I don't like the SCS.
    It's that after I ordered the SLX 2.0, I'm upset the SCS is so expensive given the SLX 2.0's price and performance.

I have mine in the purple haze color, it's great.

MoltenTiger likes this.
  24. bigpapiortiz34

bigpapiortiz34 New Member

25. JCharles

A different retailer perhaps? Namaste doesn't have very good prices and generally get poor reviews on Reddit.

The go to retailers in Canada I would reccomend, in order or awesomeness

#1 PlanetVape.ca - they are an FC sponsor

#2 or 3 VapeNorth.ca - sneaky petes Canadian site

#2 or 3 TheHerbCafe.com - always great reviews

#4 TorontoHemp.com - been around for a very long time, I have purchased many items in store, but not online.

#5 Puffitup - not a Canadian retailer but highly reccomended

Fwiw

Edit

The Namaste website is reccomending a laser engraved grinder add on to one of the grinders you posted. Weak.

[​IMG]

The Beagle likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors