• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Mr.Sifter

I do like the S&B grinder.
never had a "chip off" with them

trichomes gum up the whole thing after 6-9 month and I dont know how to clean it so I buy another one.

Vitolo

Vaporist

Mr. Whitewall

@EverythingsHazy @biohacker @Mr.Sifter Electric grinders is where I draw the line, plastic teeth is too much for my taste. :2c: It really worries me to see those ground plastic teeth. :uhoh: But many people seem happy with them?
To each their own; I used to hate grinders, thought they were for people that couldn't be bothered to properly treat herb and finely grind it by hand. :p But that was when I used to burn the sacred herb though...

I have seen those triangular metal teeth you describe hazy many HS distributors have them here in the EU, they run for about 5-15E retail... They usually have shapes, or "funny" themes: burgers, pies, oil drums, etc. Most are 3 parts with a screen right below the main chamber held by a metal ring.

@Vitolo I got the "Top shelf" one as well. Couldn't resist when I ordered the FP! Really like how it performs. and SOLID too :D
Was tired of constantly refilling my 3 year old QuickGrinder that I bought in the Dark Days!

Now I feel compelled to get a 2-part Space Case and a 3-part Santa at the very least to see what the fuss is all about, damn GrAS :freak:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I just can't fathom why anyone would want an electric grinder, aside from those with specific special needs.

Mr.Sifter

@EverythingsHazy @biohacker @Mr.Sifter Electric grinders is where I draw the line, plastic teeth is too much for my taste. :2c: It really worries me to see those ground plastic teeth. :uhoh: But many people seem happy with them?
To each their own; ...

I like the S&B grinder
Never had teeth loosing small parts.

but please, you may suggest me a nice grinder with the s&B grind results that is good to clean and most importantly, collects my kief.

biohacker

I just can't fathom why anyone would want an electric grinder, aside from those with specific special needs.

With a statement like that, I just can't fathom why anyone would want a grinder period, aside from those with specific needs.

but please, you may suggest me a nice grinder with the s&B grind results that is good to clean and most importantly, collects my kief.

Kannastor Gr8tr.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
can you show me the grind ?
Not the best picture but, it’s a very fine and consistent grind. About as fine as you would want without a major amount of particles coming through vapourizer screens.

Average particle size is about 1mm - 2.5mm. With the fine grinding plate.

45Dr7sO.jpg

I love my GR8TR Vape as I almost never have to clean it and the grind is fluffy, fine and consistent. The only downside would be having to brush the last bits of material down into the bottom tray.

It prefers bud that is on the dry side, moist or sticky stuff will clog the holes.

Last edited:

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Perfect size IMO, choice of grind consistency (on the finer side of coarse - even the coarse plate), and you still get a smaller storage puck out of it if you desire.

I have to agree about the consistency. I recently got a coarse plate courtesy of @InterplanetaryTanner (thanks man, you are a boss) and it works almost exactly like the fine one minus the clogging. I also love the deep chamber on the Kannastor and the puck is a nice option to have.

Mr.Sifter

show me more pictures of the gr8tr in real life.

this thing is huuuuge and you have to turn so long to take the segements apart.

other than that it looks like a boss.

Mr.Sifter,

Mr.Sifter

mmmh, I could get it for 50EUR.

man, but my orange S&B's work very good.
Would like to have kief, though

man, vaping really has made me become a materialistic snob

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: Summer

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Mr.Sifter
A high quality metal grinder will last you far longer and not drop plastic dust into your herb. Just my thoughts.

My Space case and my Kanastor have been going strong for quite some time and show relatively little wear.
I like to have the choice of "robbing" some kief to have a lighter bowl (like in the morning) and adding it later to have a stronger one.
That said if I had to choose just one grinder I'd go for a three pieces one.
I use my space case as a keif sifter if I want it. Keif is often thought of as something from nothing but it’s not.

While I like the idea of a four piece and having a treat here and there. It’s ultimately diminishing the strength and flavour of my herb.

Mr.Sifter

@Mr.Sifter
A high quality metal grinder will last you far longer and not drop plastic dust into your herb. Just my thoughts.

do you really thing the plastic S&B grinder will emit plastic particles into the grind?
Has this happened to you with a S&B product ?

I worry about alluminium shavings from a metal grinder more.

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: JCharles

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
do you really thing the plastic S&B grinder will emit plastic particles into the grind?
Has this happened to you with a S&B product ?

I worry about alluminium shavings from a metal grinder more.
Aluminum doesn’t vapourize at the temperatures we vape at. Plastic on the other hand does.

I can see noticeable wear on my Mighty filling tool that is made from the same plastic. I’ve stopped using it for this reason.

Mr.Sifter

Ah ok, did not know that about the temperatures.

but really ?
gr8tr ?

50EUR is my budget.
and this is what I spend in a week for my groceries

Mr.Sifter,

Mr.Sifter

Not here in the EU.
We have cheapo garbage and high end only.
All those cool things like cali crusher, mulcher, weapon2 have to imported.
that means 19% on top plus expensive shipping.

And IF I was to invest in a grinder it has to last me for a minimum of 5 years.
interchangeable screens are a must and grinding plates are a plus.
The gr8tr in the solid version looks nice, a bit big though.

I wont starve, no need to worry.

It is a steep investment.
never ever have I invested this much in a vaping tool.

Can anyone hook me up with a picture of a gr8tr next to a s&B grinder ?

Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: Alexis

snackmaster

wear and tear, i think

never had a kief collector before

Others can chime in if they disagree but I wouldn't worry too much about wear and tear. I've had a lot of 4-pc grinders and have never done any damage to a screen. Some people put coins in their grinders to knock off more kief and I guess that could lead to issues? Doesn't seem like a major concern under normal use though.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Not here in the EU.
We have cheapo garbage and high end only.
All those cool things like cali crusher, mulcher, weapon2 have to imported.
that means 19% on top plus expensive shipping.
Yeah but doesn't 19% get taxed onto everything regardless of where it comes from upon entry? I mean yeah, shipping is one thing, but it's my understanding from when I lived in the EU that 19% is basically marked into everything.

cannabis.pro,
Top Bottom