Herb Grinders

Vapor4me

Updated SLX thoughts:

First up, it's definitely worth noting that the guy above is talking about the SLX 1.0, they've been on the 2.0 for a while now.

I actually got the 2.0, otherwise I wouldn't have paid that much money for a version that needed an update less than 1 year into the market.

But let's face it, if you're trying to grind the sticky ikky, there's not way around it, you gonna get junk build up. Whether you're using a ceramic cover or what not.

Aside from not having a completely smooth surface, the sharp edges don't help. But that's the same with any grinder.

Friend Man

I actually got the 2.0, otherwise I wouldn't have paid that much money for a version that needed an update less than 1 year into the market.

Oh sorry, when you said it just came out I assumed you were referring to the first model, my bad...and you're right, as has been stated earlier in the thread* we should be happy we live in times where our greatest concern is bud being so consistently excellent that our grinders are constantly clogging up.

(And I am grateful, for real! But what if they could eliminate even the clogging?? :science: )

*I couldn't find the original post apologies

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Got the small SLX in this morning... It is small, but it's big enough for my uses. I can fit enough in it at one time to last all day. That's all i need!

The grinder works well. Had a little bit of herb sticking to the middle where the magnet is but that's about it. Grinds good. I like the removable herb tray.

I will say PIU is awesome! They were willing to pay the return shipping for my mistake so i could exchange it.. Though i decided to keep it.

Also... I ordered from multiple places on Saturday, and i had the package from PIU in my hands this morning before any of the other places even sent a shipping email! That's pretty amazing if you ask me!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Just thought I would chime in after owning my SLX for 20 months of heavy enough use. Some of the coating has worn on friction surfaces in places but that is a reasonable expectation as without using a lubricant it will almost always happen.

If I do end up getting a new grinder it will most likely be another SLX (unless @InterplanetaryTanner gets the SW3 to market) or possibly the New Vape 2 piece fine but it will take a lot to sway me from the SLX. I am as happy with it as the day I purchased.

FWIW if you buy a quality grinder (not necessarily name brand) grinding life will improve no end. Can't say I am down with acrylic but if it works for you then more power to you.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
You'd be down with acrylic if you experienced how fast and easily it ground large nugs to near-powder, with zero stress on your hands/wrists. Not having a magnet makes a huge difference. All I have to do is set down a few nugs on the male half, clamp down with the female half, twist for literally two seconds, and dump. (And unlike most people these days, when I say literally, I mean literally instead of the total opposite of literally.)

The Volcano grinder is not just good for being acrylic. It's way better than others I've used.

MoltenTiger

You'd be down with acrylic if you experienced how fast and easily it ground large nugs to near-powder, with zero stress on your hands/wrists. Not having a magnet makes a huge difference. All I have to do is set down a few nugs on the male half, clamp down with the female half, twist for literally two seconds, and dump. (And unlike most people these days, when I say literally, I mean literally instead of the total opposite of literally.)

The Volcano grinder is not just good for being acrylic. It's way better than others I've used.
It's a decent grinder, but the one I used had degraded a little over a short time.
Personally I prefer a 3 or 4 piece to a 2 piece, by a large margin, and isopropyl dissolves acrylic so cleaning would be a hassle.

S&B grinders are awesome if you get one free but I'd never bother buying one - unless I was happy using a 2pc, but then the NV fine grinder is going to be more preferable

Aimless Ryan

I've had seven different Santa Cruz Shredders (two 2-pieces and five 4-pieces), three Space Case 2-pieces, a diamond grind 5-piece, and several cheap grinders. I also have a grindhouse 2-piece that I've never used. Looks nice; I just can't use it. Oh yeah, PIU grinders.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
It's a decent grinder, but the one I used had degraded a little over a short time.
Personally I prefer a 3 or 4 piece to a 2 piece, by a large margin, and isopropyl dissolves acrylic so cleaning would be a hassle.

S&B grinders are awesome if you get one free but I'd never bother buying one - unless I was happy using a 2pc, but then the NV fine grinder is going to be more preferable

This. I can afford whatever grinder I need & have no requirement for an acrylic one in my life. I might be missing out with the S&B but if I feel inclined towards a 2 piece feed it will be the NV fine for sure.

The SLX has a Goldilocks screen for me when it comes to kief as well. Perfect for vaping a load or two or just adding as a topping.

biohacker

Oh yeah, PIU grinders.

PIU freebees have been the WORST quality grinders i've ever seen, and wouldn't even use them they were that bad.

I might be missing out with the S&B but if I feel inclined towards a 2 piece feed it will be the NV fine for sure.

Pretty sure you're not missing out bro! But i've seen that NV fine and it's impressive! Sure wish they made both of their grinders in a 3 piece so I could actually use them.

Looks like GrAS is flaring up due to my newvape flowerpot VAS recent infliction. My current grinder is too coarse i'm pretty sure, so thinking i'm going back to Kannastor Solid Body gr8tr, and picking up the storage puck and finding that old post that can get me that vape gr8tr configuration with the solid body lid and coarse plate. Best of all worlds for this guy...then I have fine, medium coarse, and coarse shred for all situations.

Starting to realize that for MICRO dosing load sizes, finer is the way to go! But over .05g, and I like a coarser shred.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
PIU freebees have been the WORST quality grinders i've ever seen, and wouldn't even use them they were that bad.

Pretty sure you're not missing out bro! But i've seen that NV fine and it's impressive! Sure wish they made both of their grinders in a 3 piece so I could actually use them.

Looks like GrAS is flaring up due to my newvape flowerpot VAS recent infliction. My current grinder is too coarse i'm pretty sure, so thinking i'm going back to Kannastor Solid Body gr8tr, and picking up the storage puck and finding that old post that can get me that vape gr8tr configuration with the solid body lid and coarse plate. Best of all worlds for this guy...then I have fine, medium coarse, and coarse shred for all situations.

Starting to realize that for MICRO dosing load sizes, finer is the way to go! But over .05g, and I like a coarser shred.
What is the the current grinder your using and is too coarse?

I would like to know

biohacker

What is the the current grinder your using and is too coarse?

I would like to know

The Zeus vortex one I just posted about. It REALLY depends on the bud though, but it's coarser than the SCS 4 piece grinders I have owned, but not by much.

The Lift Innovations Clipper coarse plate was extremely coarse and chunky, but actually had "density" to the flakes just like the finer plate which I didn't appreciate. The fluffier the better for me, but it also really depends on the vape.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

Exactly what I have found too.

For me I believe it's because I need the MICRO dose delivered with more urgency. So I tend to MICRO dose with a one hit/rip technique.

The way I see it, a finer grind means the vape has more surface area on the material so the actives are extracted in that one hit more efficiently also the heat is applied for less time.

If I'm going for a larger load I can sip (rip two maybe three times) on it for a bit more and the more coarse the material is the better it lasts when applying the heat for a longer duration of session.

I'm mostly referring to convection based sessions here and I'm only really describing my experiences.

+100,000 for a NewVape Fine (and coarse) 3 piece grinder (with etched logo and silicone band grips ;)).

Aimless Ryan

Until recently I've always preferred 4-pieces. But with my constantly-declining manual dexterity, it has become too much work for me to thread and unthread the bottom two stages.

Not having to thread and unthread the Volcano grinder has saved me a lot of work that's hard for me to do. I now dump the grounds into a side dish I brought home from a steak joint after my server prematurely decided she was done with me. As seen on the counter in this video:

Works very well.

I also don't keep my buds in a sealed C-vault anymore. It's so much easier to grind dry nugs. Before I stopped using my SCS, I couldn't get humidified herbs to fall through the drop holes. Plus it killed my weak wrists.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...not really into two piece grinders myself... however i am about to pull the trigger on a newvape grinder just cuz it's newvape...

...can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the fine grind and fine grind:arm band? I'm assuming the obvious which is there both the same, minus exterior...

Top Bottom