Herb Grinders

AngryJon

I had a bit of trouble turning my SLX 206 grinder (I've gotten it stuck and used some bar clamps to turn it in the past), but my SLX2.0 almost never gets beyond my natural capabilities, though I did have to grab a microfiber cloth to turn it through my GG#4 last night.

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
Hey guys! So yeah, the mystery of the official Space Case website has definitely come to an end! I have been speaking to two members of the manufacturing staff today; they are aware that they have some SEO issues, and are working on improving the visibility of the official site and social media (Facebook and Instagram) as we speak. They are determined to retake control of their brand due to the large amount of counterfeit and copycat products out there, and want people to know that they are totally open to the public, and want us to buy from them directly as it is the only 100% guaranteed means to obtain genuine products.

As we discovered last night, the URL is

www.spacecase.com

And they have a very active and artistic Facebook/IG here:

https://www.facebook.com/theoriginalspacecase/

https://www.instagram.com/space.case.grinders/

I have suggested to Dustin at Space Case that it might be a good idea to create an offical verified account here, and to say hi to the community here and elsewhere to get the word out!

Last edited:

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
They also need to get a secure checkout. Don't buy from that website until they do.
Yep I agree, and I'm sure they are on it. Dustin is the son of the original manufacturer, and he informed me that his father has owned the URL for quite some time, but only in the last year or so have they begun to work on developing the website. SEO and security should be top of the priority list, and I am sure that they are.

Hope this helps someone out somewhere :)

rodders83

http://www.spacecase.com/

No (R) like http://www.spacecasegrinders.com

I bought from the second sellers and you know last night i set it down on carpet near the door walked back in and kicked it enough to ever so slighty see a bit of silver through the titanium. And to import again the biggest to the UK is really expensive i am gutted because you could not buy spares and god dammit my OCD is killing me over this tiny little chip on an otherwise immaculate grinder :(

So who is actually IS the maker and are the second site somehow scamming? They told me once they are a retailer of spacecase but the logos clearly look different as i said mine have (R) after spacecase. So i need to order a brand new one because i finally figured out how to end my conundrum about grinder evolution. Im sticking with the biggest grinder i can find because i find a 30mm herborizer mini grinder. If you know Herborizer its quality and the best way i can think of with dealing with chunky space case grinds.

Because Large = 88mm mini grinder = 30mm you simply grind into the space case and take out a pinch into the mini grinder and its small enough to tip out into the spacecase again. I thought i was going mad about how i would fix the chunky grind issue and me kicking it but no this is it mini grinder and a replacement kief compartment for my titanium would be golden!

rodders83,

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
http://www.spacecase.com/

No (R) like http://www.spacecasegrinders.com

I bought from the second sellers and you know last night i set it down on carpet near the door walked back in and kicked it enough to ever so slighty see a bit of silver through the titanium. And to import again the biggest to the UK is really expensive i am gutted because you could not buy spares and god dammit my OCD is killing me over this tiny little chip on an otherwise immaculate grinder :(

So who is actually IS the maker and are the second site somehow scamming? They told me once they are a retailer of spacecase but the logos clearly look different as i said mine have (R) after spacecase. So i need to order a brand new one because i finally figured out how to end my conundrum about grinder evolution. Im sticking with the biggest grinder i can find because i find a 30mm herborizer mini grinder. If you know Herborizer its quality and the best way i can think of with dealing with chunky space case grinds.

Because Large = 88mm mini grinder = 30mm you simply grind into the space case and take out a pinch into the mini grinder and its small enough to tip out into the spacecase again. I thought i was going mad about how i would fix the chunky grind issue and me kicking it but no this is it mini grinder and a replacement kief compartment for my titanium would be golden!

Hey man, I understand the confusion, believe me. I've trawled through dozens of threads online trying to get accurate information about the true manufacturers. I can say for certain that www.spacecase.com is the authentic manufacturer. I have spoken to the son (Dustin) of the original manufacturer, he came off as completely genuine, and I have no doubt that www.spacecase.com is the home base for the manufacturer. The newer Space Cases out there had me thinking they were fakes for a long time, but they are genuine. The (R) symbol has been removed as a design choice, and they now come in a range of colours. This one detail had me convinced fakes had overwhelmed the market, but I was wrong.

I asked Dustin if www.spacecasegrinders.com and www.spacegrinders.com were authorised resellers, and he said that they do sell to them as a reseller, they aren't scamming, but I was unsure of them myself, and I didn't make an order there. If you want to buy direct from source, with the life-time warranty etc, go to www.spacecase.com. They are currently working on the website SEO and security, but I would think it will be sorted soon.

If you have any doubts, they are active on the Facebook page I linked above, that's how I got in touch eventually. If you message them there, maybe they will be able to sell you just a new replacement piece, rather than having to replace a whole new grinder.

This is a part of the conversation we had last night, it helps explain why there is really so much confusion around Space Case makers. I've been on a mystery tour through the internet to get to this point! :D

"My dad has owned these url's for a long time, only about a year ago he asked for help to set up the website and we also set up some social media.

In the past he was making product and letting others be the front, now with all the counterfeit issues, it's time to take back control of the brand and more importantly be the official voice for Space Case.

For now we have serious work to do on SEO, but as you are painfully aware, we are a bit behind."

This is Dustin, son of the original manufacturer/machinist, a humble and friendly guy, and you can reach them at that Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/theoriginalspacecase/). The amount of time that has been put into setting up hundreds of photos of the Space Case hanging out in Californian woodland settings etc - only the true manufacturers would dedicate so much effort to such aesthetically pleasing promo stuff!

Like I mentioned above, a great way for Space Case to end the confusion would be to create verified accounts at various online forums and get the word out that there is a public-facing side to them, and we don't have to deal with re-sellers if we don't want to. Hopefully they will be able to do that here.

Last edited:
gonzorelli777,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

rodders83

They are cheaper on the second site too also i noticed it is 99$ for the black but 110$ or so on the site you say belongs to the owner, And having some with (R) and some with not and then the white logo really really makes it easy to knock off counterfeits.

They need to get a grip on that and unifiy one logo i doi not mind the little (R) but sometimes i think i see things that are different and that annoys me. Anyways i sent them an email explaining my OCD and asking them to let me purchase the bottom kief holder because out of an $99 grinder its the bottom compartment i chipped only.

It also fell 2 foot on wood a few nights before... Not a mark but the second timemade me think if you kick them a lot you are not getting a lifetime grinder and would be better off with the original silver. I would like see what they say to me first though before looking elsewhere its very expensive to maintain a perfect Titanium spacecase as the coating is delicate it seems. :)

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
They are cheaper on the second site too also i noticed it is 99$ for the black but 110$ or so on the site you say belongs to the owner, And having some with (R) and some with not and then the white logo really really makes it easy to knock off counterfeits.

They need to get a grip on that and unifiy one logo i doi not mind the little (R) but sometimes i think i see things that are different and that annoys me. Anyways i sent them an email explaining my OCD and asking them to let me purchase the bottom kief holder because out of an $99 grinder its the bottom compartment i chipped only.

It also fell 2 foot on wood a few nights before... Not a mark but the second timemade me think if you kick them a lot you are not getting a lifetime grinder and would be better off with the original silver. I would like see what they say to me first though before looking elsewhere its very expensive to maintain a perfect spacecase. :)
Hopefully they will be able to sort you out mate, they are based in California, so they're 8 hours behind us. Don't forget to factor the time difference into communications etc. The new thicker logo engraving and the missing (R) had me totally thrown off, it really bothered me too. I have been looking for the older model, with the thin engraving and the (R) symbol, and that's how I ended up on this crusade lol.

All new models come with the thicker logo, but some retailers will still have older stock presumably, and that's probably why some people are still seeing the older model in photos online.

The official website has a notice on the homepage about the change to the new logo http://spacecase.com/logo-application-notification, the problem is that a lot of us customers haven't actually been able to find the official website until now, but that's not going to be an issue for too much longer hopefully :)

Last edited:
gonzorelli777,
Reactions: rodders83

mmafighterthe25

Iv had them all space case 4 peice titanium, regular two peice, two peice to, Santa Cruz two peice, 4 peice gold color, new vape two peice fine grind, mendo muncher two peice an 4. I love the slx wish I had the 2.5 version tho I think I'll have to buy one. The fact it stays so clean or just use tooth brush an bam it's like new is amazing

natural farmer

Had the chance to grind a small nug, not too sticky, in my new SCS with the serrated teeth. Felt like there was nothing inside... :lol: Not a great test, I know, but something came up that bothered me. After that one grinding, turning didn't feel as smooth as before. Gave it a quick ISO swab but still. I had the idea to change the plastic friction rings between my old one and the new and with the used ring it did feel smoother to turn. Not as smooth as the old one though, which mysteriously became even smoother with the new ring! :ko::shrug::mental:
What worries me most though is that I already see wear on the surface of the top piece where it meets the lower piece. I will post pics when my phone comes back...
I am afraid I will have to try an SLX soon... :brow:

GreenDragon

Hey guys! So yeah, the mystery of the official Space Case website has definitely come to an end!

Hey man, I understand the confusion, believe me. I've trawled through dozens of threads online trying to get accurate information about the true manufacturers.

While not specifically about SpaceCase's website...

I posted SpaceCase's contact info here, in this thread, back in April 16, 2011. See post#2202.

I contacted them about the titanium coating controversy.
The responses were funny here.
Two members suggested someone should verify my information, one of them saying they were calling the number themselves. Good. Neither ever called or if they did, did not post their findings. Hmmm.
Other members posted that I was wrong or prevaricating.

It came up again on the "Is the Titanium Space Case Grinder Worth It?" thread.
I called SpaceCase again and was told again that they are titanium coated. May 6, 2014, post#76.

So... I wish you luck in your endeavor to inform.

I'm not sure why there was pushback on easily verified information.
This forum is the most relaxed and civil of any forums I frequent. The negativity was strange.
Back in that timeframe, SpaceCase (SC) and Santa Cruz Shredder (SCS) were the top dogs.
It's funny that the least expensive, easiest to purchase piece in any vape kit, the grinder, seems to generate the most fervor.

gonzorelli777

Vape virgin
While not specifically about SpaceCase's website...

I posted SpaceCase's contact info here, in this thread, back in April 16, 2011. See post#2202.

I contacted them about the titanium coating controversy.
The responses were funny here.
Two members suggested someone should verify my information, one of them saying they were calling the number themselves. Good. Neither ever called or if they did, did not post their findings. Hmmm.
Other members posted that I was wrong or prevaricating.

It came up again on the "Is the Titanium Space Case Grinder Worth It?" thread.
I called SpaceCase again and was told again that they are titanium coated. May 6, 2014, post#76.

So... I wish you luck in your endeavor to inform.

This forum is the most relaxed and civil of any forums I frequent. The negativity was strange.
Back in that timeframe, SpaceCase (SC) and Santa Cruz Shredder (SCS) were the top dogs.
It's funny that the least expensive, easiest to purchase piece in any vape kit, the grinder, seems to generate the most fervor.
Hey man, the reaction you faced does seem a little out of sync with the tone in this thread that I have witnessed so far. It seems very civil and friendly in here. Just people helping other people out, which I can safely say we do not have enough of in these troubled times!

Hopefully if Space Case can create some accounts around the biggest/most popular sites, these issues will be much less prevalent in future. Have a good day!

abcd5432

@gonzorelli777
Sorry about ghosting there, been super busy.

About fake/shady sites. My friend got screwed this way when he was trying to get a grasshopper. He didn't want to bother me and just bought it from "google". It didn't work when he got it so he just "sent it back".

Not everyone is web savvy about all of this stuff so I understand.
Missed this, but a grinder is very important because it's the easiest to purchase isn't it? It means we can actually pick the best choice. So that's kind of why I LOVE to talk about the SLX, GR8TR, and any other grinder that can differentiate itself from the crowd.

I can understand if you refuse to buy the most expensive vapes out there but the most interesting grinders in my eyes are cheaper than an SCS grinder. Might as well get those.

Also, the tone of this forum?
Ya, that's what I love about here. I never seen a place so civil before. On the internet? Woah...
The only place that's extremely civil is a marijuana vaping forum... that can't be a coincidence!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
So i follow this thread and it made me wantnto switch it up from a SCS. I had a 3 piece for awhile and it was awesome, i loved it. Well i ended up losing it while kayaking along with some other gear. Well i replaced it with a 4 piece SCS and i loved it but i personally dont like separating kief. So i decided to go pick up a 3 piece again and the local HS was out of them, so i asked if they had a 2piece but was told they dont even order them. I asked to check out the Space Case 2 piece and i was impressed.. I left a silver medium 2 piece and when i got home i excitedly (is that a word) ripped a bud into chunks and dropped it in between the teeth. I gave it some spins and dropped it into a jyarz. My joy turned into disappointment. My bud was ground. But it was balled up into the typical grinder bb's. I ground up some stuff that was a little more dry, and it turned out great. I realized its a little different of a game in a 2piece, just gotta let the sticky icky dry a tad bit more.. I am VERY happy with my space case..

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
my SCS does get some build up but it is minimal. Non dried material does tend to be slightly more difficult to begin turning but no matter the state of wetness, my SCS never spits out BBs like others do. I've tried many grinders but always go back to SCS.

SCS biggest downfall IMO is actually over engineering. they move so quickly from generation to generation that I feel they often move past good features and innovate just for the sake of innovation and being able to market a "fresh newly redesigned..." product.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
FWIW I'm still loving my SLX most of all having come from scs... No trouble with an even fine or medium grind of fresh moist dense Cali meds, turn it upside down and you can literally feel how fine you are grinding, no gunk or kief building up (easy to shake and toothpick poke clean, which is mostly my ocd too, doing that with scs couldn't keep it clean enough to not stick even brand new). I think the 2.4inch size is perfect, compact, but wider room to help keep things smooth since I never over stuff anyway, nice depth and grip for comfortable use as a three piece (I never filter kief anymore). The teeth and holes seem to be ideal in every way to me, the slick coating makes everything so nice too. It makes me not want to use anything else and I know have old scs 4piece, mflb finisher, new scs 3piece, and even a solid body GR8TR... I think I am done with my brief wave of GrAS

Top Bottom