Herb Grinders

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
So has anyone tried the super weapon 1s or 2s? I notice the 1s are on sale but not the 2s and not sure the difference. If you've tried it, how does it compare with other grinders?
Super Weapon 1 is a high quality 4 piece.
Super Weapon 2 is the same quality, but with anything that could possible be considered annoying, fixed.

There's also the promo code for 4/20 that takes 50% your entire order.

little maggie

I decided to go ahead and get the super weapon 2 while it's on sale. Not that I need another grinder. I've started using the lift more- I don't really like the grind but I'm having trouble grinding with my others. They may just need cleaning but they are not grinding smoothly and that's difficult for me.
Can someone point me to the 4/20 code because I don't see it on their website.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I decided to go ahead and get the super weapon 2 while it's on sale. Not that I need another grinder. I've started using the lift more- I don't really like the grind but I'm having trouble grinding with my others. They may just need cleaning but they are not grinding smoothly and that's difficult for me.

Looking forward to your report on the Super Weapon 2. :nod:

GreenHopper,
Reactions: kellya86

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can someone point me to the 4/20 code because I don't see it on their website.

Nice choice, @InterplanetaryTanner will take good care of you. Should have an easier time loading and turning the SW2 with it's fewer teeth spot I think too :tup:

Meanwhile thanks to the amazingly generous Tanner I actually have a GR8TR solid body on its way to me so I will be able to try that as a 3piece soon, and i also have an 2.4inch SLX2.0 coming now from Amazon finally. Looks I will be able to compare then both before you @abcd5432 after all! :lol:

I've got some super dense fresh meds to test em out with now, so we'll see how they all do...

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I rarely (edit: not once so far) run into problems with my SW2 not being able to grind buds.

I also keep 62% humidity packs w my bud and only pull it out directly before I grind so I could probably make life easier for myself by taking a nug out a few min in advance but it's never too big of an issue.

There was once or twice though, that because of the force required to grind this bud, the grinder was nearly impossible to open and I actually struggled for a minute or two to get it to untwist.

Other than that, I really can't see myself buying another grinder (that isn't another sw2 lol) unless something tragic happens or some magical trichome-preserving grinder appears.

edit: but you can certainly keep me updated on your opinions @Shit Snacks :)

edit2: loading is something I don't even consider anymore. I barely need to grind more than what would fit in the section with the missing teeth.

The chambers (both the bud and kief) are pretty roomy...

Last edited:

little maggie

Nice choice, @InterplanetaryTanner will take good care of you. Should have an easier time loading and turning the SW2 with it's fewer teeth spot I think too :tup:

Meanwhile thanks to the amazingly generous Tanner I actually have a GR8TR solid body on its way to me so I will be able to try that as a 3piece soon, and i also have an 2.4inch SLX2.0 coming now from Amazon finally. Looks I will be able to compare then both before you @abcd5432 after all! :lol:

I've got some super dense fresh meds to test em out with now, so we'll see how they all do...
I love my GR8TR solid body. The problem is my muscle strength and not the grinder. I also grind what I'm going to use in 24 hours but I tend to grind a tiny amount in the GR8tr of one kind of herb and use the lift or SCS for another. And with some vapes like the vapcap I just use a tiny bit of bud with no grinding.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@little maggie

you will be fine then. I have no issues unless I pack a ton of dense stuff in there. Small buds are np with the missing teeth section. It's when I start getting carried away and trying to grind a gram at once that I have to use a lot of force and end up locking it up... :doh:

Which has only happened once or twice in my 4 months of ownership... and it was almost definitely due to me loading too much :ko:

Prolusio

After reading through some of the recent posts I decided to hop on the 4/20 sale over at interplanetary developments and pick me up a SW2! I really like the magnetically removable screen and the spot with fewer teeth for loading, interesting ideas. I was leaning towards an SLX 2.0 at first but was having trouble finding them in stock for a decent price in my area. I have my heart set on the Rasta colours so that made it harder to find as well.. Luckily the SW2 comes in Rasta form!

The other thing that swayed me towards the SW2 is no one I know has one. I think it'll be interesting to compare directly to the grinders my friends have. I know there are grind shots and stuff, but I think it's easier just to set some grinders on the table and see which one everyone likes the best!

abcd5432

Nice! Excited to know how it works

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
@little maggie

Was just about to comment with the code I received in the email (its ID420 for the curious)

Probably an adblocker or something on firefox. I had to disable privacy badger and ublock to order my Zion yesterday due to them disabling necessary elements on the page

muunch,

zor

I say, find a grinder that has features you like and just go with that. There are so many great products out there that are amazing. Almost all of the have something to love. :peace:

:love:
Edit: this post became a lot more involved after vaping some chocolope...Whoops!

Aye, I echo this 100%. I have, in order of possession (omitting 2 grinders which preceded and no longer have, donated to friends), from left to right:

BB7LqVY.jpg

- a tiny blue no name 4 piece I got in Amsterdam 8 years ago which has tremendous sentimental value for me...

- a black 2 piece small space case, got this as I wanted to grind more quantity at a time. I was smoking it through a hookah, even though I was also vaping occasionally with an herbalaire and mflb. This also gave me a far better grind for these two devices.

- a red medtainer. My dear friend responsible for introducing me to the beautifuo world of this wonderful plant gave me this for a birthday. It's a great fun tool, especially for camping!

- an awful silver cheapo free 4 piece. Nothing about this is good, I used it at one point to pulverize my abv for cooking purposes but now I don't even use it for that. Got it for free from some order online, meh.

- a black "large" 4 piece SCS. Man I love this thing, it's my daily. Gotta give it an everclear soak this weekend, I've had some good n sticky herb recently that has gummed it up a fair bit.

- MFLB finishing grinder. Great for my pax 2!

Not shown, credit card grater. Love this thing for on the go.

abcd5432

Well, my SLX finally got gummy. It cleaned up easily with an ISO dipped Q-Tip, a paper towel, and very little effort. I say, find a grinder that has features you like and just go with that. There are so many great products out there that are amazing. Almost all of the have something to love. :peace:

:love:

That's my main problem. Many grinders don't have a standout feature. Unless your grinder has a standout feature, why would I recommend it to other users? It's all about the features baby. Gotta do that cost benefit analysis. I'm a lot of fun at parties.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
IMO the SCS grind is standout above the rest in most all categories.

While I am curious of non-gumming ceramics, at the end of the day anodized is what I am most comfortable with. SCS provides the most effortless grind of rock hard or sticky material, it gets through a fully packed lid of rock hard easier than any grinder I have used.

duff

Well worn
While I have absolutely zero issues with my SCS, I am really curious to try the Gr8tr.

I love that you can drop your material into the sunken grinding area and it won't fall out. Additionally, I would think the weight of the lid would help ease the force necessary to begin the grind.

I've kept my eye on the SLX reviews to see if the flaking coating issue was resolved but I continue to see folks mentioning it.

Had I seen @lazylathe's post about Kannastor's sale last weekend, I would have pulled the trigger.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Love my vape edition!
Perfect size for me and my use.

While cleaning it yesterday I snapped the spacer ring.... no stock at the moment and asked to try again next month. Seems odd for such a simple piece.

Still works with the broken one, just not as smooth.

biohacker

I just meant that the Solid body (and jar) have the thicker top piece to make grinding a little easier. How in the world did you break the ring? I guess yours has been through the ringer! lol

That's weird that they don't have stock of it for a month? Horrible CS IMO, they should be taking one off of a new grinder and shipping it to you. I think i'll reconsider now for the future, that's unacceptable in my eyes, but fortunately it still works with your broken one for now.

PS. Where is the PM about yesterday???? :) No grinder required!! :D

lazylathe

Almost there...
I just meant that the Solid body (and jar) have the thicker top piece to make grinding a little easier. How in the world did you break the ring? I guess yours has been through the ringer! lol

That's weird that they don't have stock of it for a month? Horrible CS IMO, they should be taking one off of a new grinder and shipping it to you. I think i'll reconsider now for the future, that's unacceptable in my eyes, but fortunately it still works with your broken one for now.

PS. Where is the PM about yesterday???? :) No grinder required!! :D

They are shipping me some free ones but i have to ask again in a months time.
Just weighed the top of my 2 piece and the top is 89G and almost an inch thick, enough for me.
I did not like the look of the longer ones with the solid body and clear bit. Thought the clear section would eventually haze over from use, so decided against those ones.

LOL@Pm... Busy day and then it got fuzzy...

InterplanetaryTanner

Interplanetary Development
Manufacturer
Love my vape edition!
Perfect size for me and my use.

While cleaning it yesterday I snapped the spacer ring.... no stock at the moment and asked to try again next month. Seems odd for such a simple piece.

Still works with the broken one, just not as smooth.

PM me your address. I'll send you a spacer ring.

zor

IMO the SCS grind is standout above the rest in most all categories.

While I am curious of non-gumming ceramics, at the end of the day anodized is what I am most comfortable with. SCS provides the most effortless grind of rock hard or sticky material, it gets through a fully packed lid of rock hard easier than any grinder I have used.

The one thing I've noticed about my SCS is the paint/coating has worn off the teeth and along the rims. At first I thought it was just the sheen or glare of light, but after recent cleanings it is clear what it is.Kinda disconcerting at first but we're all gonna die anyway so I don't give two shits about vaping pieces of paint at this point.

Top Bottom