Herb Grinders

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Kannastor just let me know that they're putting their grinding plates for the GR8TR in the online store soon. Thought I'd let everyone know who might have gotten a GR8TR Vape but wanted a coarse grind.

Guess they finally saw the light. :)
Good news for those that did not get both plates by ordering the top of the line.
Thanks for the update.

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
After using my 4 piece grinder, I like to give it another go in my orange storz&bickle grinder. Fine grinds it to a dust! Perfect for vaporizing :)

CanadianFlowers,

biohacker

Speaking of fine grind to a dust.....this is the first time this has ever happened to be with the Kannastor fine grinding plate! This is after grinding 2 small-medium sized nugs for nearly a minute straight. Completely clogged it! Never an issue with any other strain. Can't wait for that Lyft Innovations grinder!

hSO1k3y.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Speaking of fine grind to a dust.....this is the first time this has ever happened to be with the Kannastor fine grinding plate! This is after grinding 2 small-medium sized nugs for nearly a minute straight. Completely clogged it! Never an issue with any other strain. Can't wait for that Lyft Innovations grinder!

hSO1k3y.jpg
How fresh were those buds? I find that anything remotely sticky will clog the GR8TR.

Winegums,
Reactions: waxdab23

zor

I finally got the mflb finishing grinder, I had a bunch of Amazon points sitting and waiting for me and used em for the cause. Very good grater, fits well in my small Ryot case for my pax2. I have a credit card shredder but the holes are a tad too big, unfortunately.

Highly recommended for pax users, I load herb straight in and the amount I fit tends to stay relatively constant so I don't need to adjust the adjustable lid. Quite a fan so far!

zor,

Justpassedu

I finally got the mflb finishing grinder, I had a bunch of Amazon points sitting and waiting for me and used em for the cause. Very good grater, fits well in my small Ryot case for my pax2. I have a credit card shredder but the holes are a tad too big, unfortunately.

Highly recommended for pax users, I load herb straight in and the amount I fit tends to stay relatively constant so I don't need to adjust the adjustable lid. Quite a fan so far!
I like the Mflb finishing grinder allot but I don't have a Mflb anymore to hold it, it is hard to use without the Mflb holding it in place , hurts my fingers trying to grind I recently had @Ratchett make me this to help - http://delta3dstudios.com/magic-flight-finishing-grinder-funnel/. ,l highly recommend, now I have no problems .

zor

That is a really neat funnel! I have a bottle cap on which the grinder sits on top of, that seems to be fine for now...

zor,

Ramie121

Hi,

I am looking for a good grinder because corner shop ones just don't cut it anymore
default_lol.gif
Been looking through this thread and its mainly US based grinders but I'm based in the UK.

I don't have a big budget, about £20, hence I need a UK supplier in order to reduce shipping costs. Only requirements are:
  • Within my budget
  • I do like a kief catcher
  • Nice, smooth grinding motion. I don't want to fight the grinder if that make any sense.
  • Nice and even grind of my herb
Any suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks
R

Ramie121,

tepictoton

try black leaf matrix or cross grinder

should be in your budget, are cnc-ed and both have trapezium teeth...

got my cross grinder a week ago, going to wait giving it a spin till next ´season´ comes around. Still using my now 3 years old black leaf matrix grinder daily....All the advantages of a santa cruzz shredder in a cheap EU version? Well, they do not have the rounded chambers on the bottom...but al the rest is kind off identical.

Looks a bit rough in this picture, but all is smooth and clean. The top lid has flat parts on the outside for better grip, this can be seen in the first picture.

dre23s.jpg

2wrm9h1.jpg

Last edited:

lwien

How fresh were those buds? I find that anything remotely sticky will clog the GR8TR.

If this is the case, the GR8TR would not be the grinder for me. When you say "fresh", does that mean improperly cured or not cured long enough? I've had bud in storage for almost a year and while it's far from moist, it is as sticky as the day I bought it, and that's pretty damn sticky.

But thank you very much from bringing this up being that I was seriously considering the purchase of this grinder. Now seriously looking at the Lift.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Ramie121
I would recommend the kingtop from Amazon, but after a while the coating comes off....

I would struggle to recommend anything for for that price..
But the gr8tr Is only 40 quid, and has a lifetime warranty....
Only problem is getting one in the UK....

I had mine shipped and had problems....

I think If your gonna spend 20 quid, you may as well spend 40 quid and get something of better quality, more suited to vaping....

Vapefiend UK have the basic scs for 23 quid....
Discount code 420 should get you 10% off that price....
But no kief catcher...

@lwien my gr8tr will clear a nug of very fresh, sticky flower with the coarse plate... and it doesn't make it smaller like some grinder would....
But the fine plate needs a cured nug.....
But that's fine with me, I wouldn't expect to be able to grind a fresh big down to that consistency anyway...
You can only ask so much from a tool....

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Like I said above, it has been my experience that a well cured nug can be VERY sticky. I know we're playing with semantics here but I do think it's important to state this.

I don't find the level of stickiness to be a problem, I too have very old, very sticky examples of herb, but as long as they are cured, the gr8tr manages it fine.... with the fine plate...

It's excess moisture content that leads me to using the coarse plater....

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Like I said above, it has been my experience that a well cured nug can be VERY sticky. I know we're playing with semantics here but I do think it's important to state this.
Maybe sticky isn't the word? Some buds can be sticky and grind really well. Some buds can have a "chewy" texture that will gum everything up and form tiny little balls of ground up material. This can happen to any grinder in my experience.

lwien

I don't find the level of stickiness to be a problem, I too have very old, very sticky examples of herb, but as long as they are cured, the gr8tr manages it fine.... with the fine plate...

It's excess moisture content that leads me to using the coarse plater....

@Winegums said that anything remotely sticky will clog the grinder. So guys, which is it?

Edit: Ok, @Winegums, thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. And yeah, I'd equate "chewy" with being moist and under cured.

Ramie121

try black leaf matrix or cross grinder

should be in your budget, are cnc-ed and both have trapezium teeth...

got my cross grinder a week ago, going to wait giving it a spin till next ´season´ comes around. Still using my now 3 years old black leaf matrix grinder daily....All the advantages of a santa cruzz shredder in a cheap EU version? Well, they do not have the rounded chambers on the bottom...but al the rest is kind off identical.

Looks a bit rough in this picture, but all is smooth and clean. The top lid has flat parts on the outside for better grip, this can be seen in the first picture.

dre23s.jpg

2wrm9h1.jpg

I actually really like the look of the cross grinder and its £18 on amazon. Let me know how it performs, be interested in getting one for sure.

@Ramie121
I would recommend the kingtop from Amazon, but after a while the coating comes off....

I would struggle to recommend anything for for that price..
But the gr8tr Is only 40 quid, and has a lifetime warranty....
Only problem is getting one in the UK....

I had mine shipped and had problems....

I think If your gonna spend 20 quid, you may as well spend 40 quid and get something of better quality, more suited to vaping....

Vapefiend UK have the basic scs for 23 quid....
Discount code 420 should get you 10% off that price....

I do agree with what your saying, how much extra was shipping? I don't really want to spend over £50, especially not before payday lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramie121,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I do agree with what your saying, how much extra was shipping? I don't really want to spend over £50, especially not before payday lol

I can't remember exactly, think it was about 12 quid....
Then I had to pay customs too... about 7 quid I think...
But the main thing that annoyed me was the 4 week wait.....

kellya86,

BD9

@Ramie121, you could try a shop in the UK. I know for sure that Barney's Seeds and Sensible Seeds both carry accessories. You can also try Attitude, Gorilla and Manchester seed banks.
Here's a link to Attitudes grinder page.

https://www.sensibleseeds.com/grinders/

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I just emailed them and they said that they no longer ship internationally
I had alot of trouble with them with regards to getting a warranty replacement for my faulty gr8tr....

To be fair they did sort it out in the end and I got my replacement, with no shipping cost...
But they did say at the time that they don't honour warranties in countries that the gr8tr is not sold..... So fair enough really....
I am gr8tfull......

Don't know why they don't set up a distributor here in UK, I'm sure they would sell well here...

Taz4101

Anyone got the lincig grinder from Amazon? It looks like a lift innovations blade style grinder that is supposed to fix some of the issues.

Top Bottom