Herb Grinders

subway13029

it just makes things a pain in the ass is all that matters. when u spend 80 bucks on a grinder which i have like 4 grinders that are in that range. i deal with it..mine unscrews quite a bit everytime i grind..like i said it is what it is..if they wont fucks with me then i wont fucks with them..lol..im chill about stuff..i just want shit to work..

ZC

f93106a4fe80b979dd2f735bd6b72b17ee4bcf38_main_hero_image.jpg

Well this is an actual thing apparently.

octo

What does that mean?
Hey guys I just picked up a Boundless CF, and this thing hits like a champ. I've just been using the small aluminum 2 piece grinder that was included with my MFLB. I think I'm ready to pick up another grinder and am trying to decide on a medium 2 piece. Does anyone have recommendations for Spacecase vs Santa Cruz Shredder?

octo,
Hi guys!

1 time per month, significantly, clean my grinder with ISO 99.9% for 5 / 10min. It turns out that when I was on cleaning, had to leave, and I totally forgot the grinder. Ie from about 2 hours or so when I remembered. I ate a bit of color (It was a stronger greenish).

My questions are:

1. Continues to be safe to use it?
2. Perhaps it is safer to take the rest, not to contaminate the weed, right?

Big hug

N1ghtWalker,

George1151

Wow that's crazy how iOS turned the aluminum green. Sort of looks anodized.

No metalurgy expert nut if yum rinse the hell out f it and no smell it should be good rouse. Now you have a custom piece.

George1151,

sickmanfraud

I have been following this thread in anticipation of finally buying a "good" grinder (SLX, SC, MM or something).

When I was at my dispensary a couple of months ago, I bought a Medtainer (waaaay higher than on Amazon) so I could decide to see if I liked it before I had someone bring me a couple from the USA.

Turns out, I really like the way the the Medtainer works. Fluffy grind only needs the tip of pinkey to load Solo stems or EQ baskets.

A specific advantage of having several grinders is that you can dedicate separate medtainers for different strains. Even if you never get the same strain twice you could still not "contaminate" your indica with sativa and visa versa.

For under $9 on Amazon it is worth a look.

Meach

Aluminium grinders wear down eventually and you have to worry about shavings.. I always purchase zinc grinders ..chromium crushers have that high end feel to them and have always performed well above their price point..after about a year I gift mine to friends and get myself a new one...

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...after a lot of use with my SLX i have gone back to a silver med 3pc SCS..
IMO my SCS is smoother after months of use, and not much 'dirtier' in comparison.

... i use my SLX still the odd time, but i reach for the SCS as my go to because it's just smoother to operate and imo just feels overall better.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've been holding off my slx purchase since the few failure reports, but have held out hope... sad to hear it is not as good in real life as it is in concept.

i just gave a buddy my second scs. i love mine, it is a rare scs and i don't think i could ever give it up.

my version is one with the more recent teeth design, deeper knurled grips than my older version, and it has the newer curved bottom pollen chamber. BUT this one was produced before they switched screens- so it still has my preferred extra fine screen like the older generations.

DrHermman

Hi guys!

Just wanted to pass by and drop a line to you about my GR8TR...
It's been working flawlessly since may, and I've been loving it!!

I've had no issues with unthreading, and I keep it pretty clean with just a little brush now and then! Still haven't felt the needs of doing a deep cleansing...
I hope all you guys with the unthreading problem can solve it talking with Kannastor...

I really like it as a home grinder, for on the go I just carry a grinder card.

Peace!

virtualpurple

Just to update folks on my Lift grinder, customer service was not immediate but they were very fast compared to other new manufacturers. They addressed the error without any hassle and I expect to see a replacement sent out by mail before too long. Still waiting to hear back on whether it will have a tracking number or if I should just keep an eye out.

In any case, I'm a big fan of their grinder with the medium and coarse grind discs so I really can't wait to see how I love their finer grind.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
@kellya86 lol, no probs. :tup:

I've managed to separate the jar section of my grinder.. slightly :(
It's still together but one side is slightly loose.

Kannastor have been gr8 (lol) & really helpful so far.
They say they'll replace it with a solid body gr8tr under warranty and ship a 100 mesh easy change screen too. :nod::clap:
(marked as a warranty replacement to hopefully avoid duty/VAT/handling fees)

Just have to wait for it to arrive now :myday:
Quick update..
My replacement solid body GR8TR and 100 mesh screen arrived today via Fed-ex with no additional taxes or import fees :)
The only real physical difference I've noticed so far is the solid body section is approx 6mm shorter in height than the jar section.
There are also couple of cosmetic changes to the logos/lettering but nothing major and the mesh screens now have a black coloured surround
The 100 mesh screen feels very flimsy compared to the 60 mesh, time will tell how durable it will be.

[edit]
I've just put a couple of nugs of holy grail and skywalker through it and so far no loosening or unscrewing of the grinder plate either.

[edit2]
UYtxSQa.jpg
9dOP2q5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

I want to buy 2 grinders.
What recommend?

The requirements are as follows:

1 to have at home and the other to carry in pocket.
zinc material (At that hinted, is better. say, if I'm wrong)
4 pieces
fine grind

Thanks

N1ghtWalker,

abby

So who makes the cheapest three piece grinder worth owning? I feel like I want to buy one for each room.

abby,

Boreus

I've gone from cheap no name grinders to getting a Santa Cruz Shredder and loving it, until the teeth chipped and the refused to replace. In my search for a cheaper replacement I've gotten a medium SharepStone and a small Chromium Crusher that I really like (oddly hated my medium Chromium Crusher so much) but the build quality on both is a bit lacking and both get real dusty real fast. Is there something that's kind of the next step up from these that I'm missing out on that I could upgrade pretty cheaply to?

Boreus,

virtualpurple

Guys I am loving my Lift grinder. Their crew was very apologetic when they learned they left out a disc I ordered, and they mailed out a replacement quickly! They also included two large decals, which i rather like! Was really kind of the.

The grinder itself is fantastic, more thoughts as they spring up after I sleep

Top Bottom