Herb Grinders

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I just ordered an SLX grinder last night. It looks like this will be the grinder for me. I've spent $75 with my last two grinders and I didn't get what I was looking for. I bought the gold one, it really looks beautiful.
Congratulations, hopefully you like it as much as the rest of us! I have the black one myself and I love the way it looks.

Vapor_Eyes,
Reactions: Stevenski

MoltenTiger

With the med level nugs you get @CarolKing the SLX will be amazing, especially for a quick salad.
Some of the stickier stuff can be tough to start the grind, but it won't leave any behind.

I didn't realise SLX had expanded their colour options, they all look mint!
I also noticed their retail presence has exploded, so good on them!
A solid product sells itself, but it's worth the time of anyone looking for a new grinder to take note of the raving reviews. Non-stickiness is great!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I hadn't realized how a grinder was such a personal thing? I have a 4 piece titanium grinder that is solid and works well. I've had it for 6 years or more. It works better than the last couple grinders that I have bought. It's says "Gotvape" on the lid. I've dropped it so many times and came away without a flaw.

I just wanted something new that would grind through the real sticky stuff and not be hard for my arthritic hands. I don't want to go electric. I don't want something so fine it would get through my screens.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I just ordered an SLX grinder last night. It looks like this will be the grinder for me. I've spent $75 with my last two grinders and I didn't get what I was looking for. I bought the gold one, it really looks beautiful.

I really think you will like the SLX Carol & not regret the purchase. What size & colour do our resident SLX owners have? I have a large charcoal one but I see they have some nice new colours like purple.

bobbylite

Update from "the clipper"

Great news!
The representative from our anodizers just stopped by with our sample parts from the custom racks. They look great!

blocked

This means we will start anodizing the first 1000 grinders starting Monday. We should be able to start assembling at the end of next week so you can expect an update then about when we will start shipping out the first batch!

Thank you for your patience while we perfected this process. We are getting more and more excited with the progress and can't wait to send out the update titled "We're Shipping!"

We'll talk to you next week when the first cycle is complete.

Have an awesome weekend.

- Team Lift

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think the advantage of a fluffy grind is the density. Without packing down, a fluffy consistency will take up more volume - meaning more chambers. Especially with convection, this is beneficial as it helps find the optimum balance between particle size and surface area as well as air flow restriction.
Every vape has its perfect fluff.

An important thing to note too, you can de-fluff flower, but you can't re-fluff powder.

Other than that it's good for certain glass slides with smoking.
You inspired me to take this photo + @Stu and I spoke about GRINDER'S?
8hRc6OI.jpg

The left is the SPACE CASE, the right some CHINA unit?

I don't think MATHEMATICALLY (ratio & proportion) works?
The SPACE CASE provides a perfect grind.
The one on the right misses the mark!

MoltenTiger

You inspired me to take this photo + @Stu and I spoke about GRINDER'S?
8hRc6OI.jpg

The left is the SPACE CASE, the right some CHINA unit?

I don't think MATHEMATICALLY (ratio & proportion) works?
The SPACE CASE provides a perfect grind.
The one on the right misses the mark!
I'm sure it could be modelled, but the red grinder has a lot of trap space, where bud will get stuck and squished/torn instead of cleanly shredded apart. Less material will fall out of the way, and most cheap grinders have too great a distance between teeth, causin a churning effect that is useless for bud with a higher moisture content.

If you want mathematically modelled (engineered) results, it will cost a pretty penny.

However there is no guarantee it will be money well spent.

I watched a video of the Phonecian grinder the other day, and I am very glad I didn't get one - lots of engineering just to produce a sub-par rough grind.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I received my SLX grinder today. I can see with the surface bud shouldn't be sticking to. It is very similar to the Sharp Shredda but maybe hopefully not stick with strains such as Gorilla Glue.

The SLX has a ring around the two sections to prevent from sticking. The Sharp Shredda doesn't have that. The SLX has a larger grind, I would say a coarse grind the Sharp Shredda more of a medium. I prefer to not use the pollen screen. This is the gold color. Kinda dull but that's OK. The online picture made it look brighter.

The Sharp Shredda cost $25 which is cheaper than the SLX. If you can't afford $50 the Sharp Shedda might fit your budget more. Just a few differences. It might be worth it to some to have a stick free surface.

Edit
I just ground up my stickiest bud which was Gorilla Glue it's not sticking and it was much easier to grind. I'm very pleased. Thanks everyone for helping me find an awesome grinder.

Last edited:

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I was just looking at the Santa Cruz Shredder website. Don't know when this changed, but apparently mini is now called small and small is now called medium.

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: whatitdew

bobbylite

Update "the clipper"

Weekly Update!
We have just picked up 170 grinders from our anodizers and will be receiving another 830 over the next week!
Q_zQzYO9t-7sjNcYP0g6CrddCMd7viza0uJT2HUbaqob8bJJjIJgeKsPsZ8ygT2lRGQZNL6VZ-olUpyMUGpuQNKcP34IRC339ab8alrqjCPbTybT6TL8fiyvctrMg00Qy9k_sgjOwIvS1kIFPgVlIPwbXgvY8Wok7etk5pc_gSUqNoGz=s0-d-e1-ft

We will start laser marking the logo on these grinders tomorrow. We will then wash and sanitize all parts and assemble the grinders throughout the week.

The first 25 contributors to order a personalized case were awarded with the first 25 grinders ever made. We will finish engraving your desired name/message this weekend and ship your orders out this coming week.

After the 25 personalized cases are sent out we will be shipping the rest in order of date contributed. Watch for your tracking information sent by Canada Post so you will know when you will receive it!

We will be continually processing and shipping grinders at the rate we receive them from our anodizers. At this time we ask that you keep an eye out for our weekly updates so that you are informed of our shipping schedule. When there is updated information to our shipping timeline, this email list will be the first to know.

We are happy to assist you with any other inquiries you may have and our Customer Support Team will address your emails promptly!

We are so excited send everyone their grinder. This has been an amazing journey and we are lucky to have you along for the ride.

Talk to you later this week!

- Team Lift

bobbylite,
Reactions: steama

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I just ground up my stickiest bud which was Gorilla Glue it's not sticking and it was much easier to grind. I'm very pleased. Thanks everyone for helping me find an awesome grinder.
I'm so glad you like it! I recently got some Blue OG that's not only super sticky, it's also still a little on the moist side. Easily the stickiest stuff I've had in a while.

It takes a little extra effort and time to grind but the SLX handles it no problem, and it stays super clean afterward.

Vapor_Eyes,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
IMO the clipper is too complex to get excited about. I do expect the blades to flex, bend and scrape under heavy use... Testimonials are coming though, I won't have to speculate much longer.

FlyingLow,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I've had this one for donkeys and it's still doing the job.
5FB0i8k.jpg

I tried this one and I think the result speaks for itself. The greenery was never going to fall thru the 'lightning strikes'.
Ha1BMgUm.jpg
5QLCOk5m.jpg

phattpiggie,

subway13029

I've had this one for donkeys and it's still doing the job.
5FB0i8k.jpg

I tried this one and I think the result speaks for itself. The greenery was never going to fall thru the 'lightning strikes'.
Ha1BMgUm.jpg
5QLCOk5m.jpg
Ive got the exact lightning bolt grinder rebranded as sabretooth..spent like 60 at lhs before i found fc i like because mine had clear top and bottom..sucks..horrible grinder and just bad.

subway13029,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
What's the best place for ordering an SLX? I had a sharpstone that I got in Colorado but the magnet came out of the top and now I put it in backwards. It's driving me nuts so I'm in the market for a brand new one.

Was thinking between the SLX, the SCS and the GR8TR.

MoltenTiger

What's the best place for ordering an SLX? I had a sharpstone that I got in Colorado but the magnet came out of the top and now I put it in backwards. It's driving me nuts so I'm in the market for a brand new one.

Was thinking between the SLX, the SCS and the GR8TR.
http://slxgrinders.com/stores/

Either a physical or online store should have one near you.
I personally think it's worth getting over any other grinder because of its non-stick surface, it's grind consistency and its kief collecting abilities.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yeah I saw that list but there were no online stores listed :-(. And just want to get it from a reputable source.
I bought my SLX from Amazon, but they sent me the small one instead of the 2.4" that I ordered. I had used it by the time I realized it, and I didn't feel like messing with a return on a used paraphernalia item.

I thought I might prefer the smaller size, so I held on to it. Unfortunately I have come to a realization that the larger one will suit me better. I am in the same boat as you now, trying to find a reputable website to purchase from as there are no physical retail locations near me.

I wouldn't recommend Amazon, and there aren't too many well-known places online that seem to have it. However, if you are patient and can hold out a bit I think that might be changing soon...

MoltenTiger

Yeah I saw that list but there were no online stores listed :-(. And just want to get it from a reputable source.
My apologies, I didn't realise there weren't any US online sites listed. I assumed there would have been, because for me in Australia, it just lists australianvaporizers.com.au

FWIW aus vapes ship internationally and will look after you.

But Canadian supplier http://zoneutopia.com/ will ship to you for free if you add another $10 CAD worth to your order, too.

MoltenTiger,

ZC

I've been using a cheap chromium crusher for years. It was fine, but not great. After reading here about the SLX not sticking I jumped at it. My local smoke shop has them, so I got the small, black one.

It's exactly what I wanted. Way less maintenance, nothing sticks to it. I took out the pollen screen too, don't much care for them.

There are a couple of little features other grinders have that I'd prefer. Like having a round bezeled chamber, or having it come apart with a quarter turn, but nothing like that takes priority over low maintenance for me.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Let's say I drive over to the store on the SLX list. What's the maximum I should pay for the two different sizes? Maybe I'll take a ride over there tomorrow or something.

newVaper420,

ZC

My local shop had the smaller one for $50 and larger for $60. That might be too expensive, I'm not sure, but it was worth it for convenience for me.

ZC,

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Pretty partial to a 3 piece, no need or want to save keif here.

How simple is it to remove the screen if I were to not want it in my SLX?

Or can the screen section simply be removed and it then used like a 3 peice?

I'm looking at it in this video.

Top Bottom