Herb Grinders

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Here's a pic of the Sharp Shredda inside. Also it's not even far as weight with the heavier weight on the bottom. Top was 42.2 and the bottom was 55.6. It will work fine. It seems to cut through the bud so far. I am a creature of habit. I just wanted an alternative. My other grinder works great especially since I cleaned it. I'm going to use this for awhile. It's hard to see the teeth in this picture.

It gives a medium type of grind. I'm sure I could get finer if I kept turning it up side down and back up.
I notice most of the latest info has been about the GR8tr. It looks like a neat gadget I may eventually get it but I don't know if I would need all the bells and whistles. I can see the interest though. It's pretty cool looking.

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I had a look at the Sharp Shredder website & it is a bit different to the SLX with different teeth & grind holes but rather similar in design. I also reweighed mine & it is 83.4g for the top & 82.4 for the bottom 3 pieces but you still have a nice top heavy piece that should churn up nugs nicely.

FWIW it came down to a SLX vs GR8TR Carol & I have zero regrets. Still want a GR8TR but have no need :)

maxresdefault.jpg

For anyone interested in a SLX here is a great video review I found. It also shows the grind consistency & mine is exactly the same. I feel like a shill but what has really sold me is how clean it stays & I work it fucking hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyTime

Here's a pic of the Sharp Shredda inside. Also it's not even far as weight with the heavier weight on the bottom. Top was 42.2 and the bottom was 55.6. It will work fine. It seems to cut through the bud so far. I am a creature of habit. I just wanted an alternative. My other grinder works great especially since I cleaned it. I'm going to use this for awhile. It's hard to see the teeth in this picture.

It gives a medium type of grind. I'm sure I could get finer if I kept turning it up side down and back up.
I notice most of the latest info has been about the GR8tr. It looks like a neat gadget I may eventually get it but I don't know if I would need all the bells and whistles. I can see the interest though. It's pretty cool looking.
I'd almost call that a course grind?

After about an ounce thru my new Gr8tr, I'm pretty impressed. I'm back to the medium plate and it has stayed really clean. I thought my space case worked, this blurred it away, and that thing gets dirty!

I like the look of both this and the SLX, damn my GAS! (grinder acquisition syndrome)

@Stevenski , that's the grind I'm talking 'bout! Tight side of medium and consistent.

Last edited:

Socks And Sandals

Looks very similar to the SLX series @CarolKing

@Socks And Sandals you should be able to soak your grinder as long as you like in Iso without affecting the grinder. I used to do it overnight so it had plenty of soak time.

Thanks bud, I just got home from work and left this setting since 6pm last night. I think it's time! :)

I was just worried about the ISO eating the finish or something..

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Stevenski

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I made an interesting discovery yesterday. As some of you may know, all my gear was illegally confiscated by scumbag cops a couple months ago, only a couple hours after I broke my femur into at least three pieces. I had nine or 10 good grinders, plus several cheap ones. All my good ones were taken, but for some reason they left a few, including my PIU grinder.

I have gone through about half an ounce since I became forced to use my PIU grinder. Over the last couple months it never occurred to me to shake the grinder or check the kief tray. Then yesterday I took apart the grinder to show my mom how grinders work. To my surprise, the kief tray had a very nice accumulation of very blonde kief. I feel like it's a total gift, mostly because I hadn't even thought about kief since before everything was taken from me. And I'm pretty sure there was nothing there before, as I had only used that grinder once or twice.

Nice.

Farkas

Do you know about the bird?
I had to get my other half to put in the order, but it's finally done. Got a discount code for Everyone Does It so managed to score a GR8TR vape for $65AUD. Assuming it arrives, that is!

You wont be sorry. It's good stuff.

Farkas,
Reactions: Choughed

lazylathe

Almost there...
I had to get my other half to put in the order, but it's finally done. Got a discount code for Everyone Does It so managed to score a GR8TR vape for $65AUD. Assuming it arrives, that is!

Love my VAPE GR8TR!!
Best grinder i have ever used, stays clean and smooth for a very long time.
My SCS still gets some use but it is a back up grinder for me now.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I've had an SLX grinder for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. The nonstick coating really does work so far, and I love the threadless design for the pollen screen. It chews through bud and gives a fluffy, medium-medium fine grind that works great in all of my vapes.

The build quality and tolerances are very good. My only complaint is I ordered the 2.4 inch and got the 2 inch version. I ordered from Amazon too, I usually don't have too many issues there.

I think the 2 inch version might work better for me personally, but I still didn't get what I paid for. I chose the black color, maybe it was an accident and they didn't mean to give me the wrong one, who knows. It's honestly not a big enough deal for me to complain to Amazon but I thought I should warn people here.

This has nothing to do with the SLX company itself, they have done a fantastic job designing a grinder!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't like the complexity, nor do I want to be a banker for another ingiegogo campaign but to each their own...

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Derrrpp

MoltenTiger

That QB-gone (nice name for a grinder, quarter be gone!) is pretty snazzy.

I do think they're wrong about no-one else revolutionising the grinder, some good points raised, but IMO SLX with their ceramic coating is a game changer.
I would like to see more manufacturers adopt it, or at least similar material tech.
Bare metal is simply inferior.

Krazy

I just use a 4 screen titanium thingie that came free with some glassware. I think it was way I picked the vendor I did at the time.

Krazy,

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
The qb-gon seems interesting, but I don't think it would be a game changer as well...
The mechanism will probably gunk up fast with high grade material, the fact that we have to take care of the wood (that may become dirty as well....)the kief collecter may leak on the side of the "bowl", we don't know the amount of strenght in order to grind a dense flower for the people who have problems on their articulations...

But the thing that losted me is the commercial and all the claim about "revolutionize" the grinder without a "real" video testing.
I'm sure the IGG campaign would highly benefit of a longer video testing, and a more "mature" approch of the consumers aka "us"

So I will looking forward to a proper demonstration of the qb-gon and maybe buying it when it hit the market when we can see how he can compete in the tough world of grinders :p

Ps: I don't want to be rude, just to leave a little insight on this :) Also, english isn't my native language so sorry for all my mistakes ;)

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I do not find much in the area of 'mature' or educated videos on indegogo.... they kinda cater more towards the [insert descriptive adjective here] who are searching for new ways of partying with their hard earned money.

FlyingLow,

abcd5432

I've had an SLX grinder for a few weeks now and I'm loving it. The nonstick coating really does work so far, and I love the threadless design for the pollen screen. It chews through bud and gives a fluffy, medium-medium fine grind that works great in all of my vapes.

The build quality and tolerances are very good. My only complaint is I ordered the 2.4 inch and got the 2 inch version. I ordered from Amazon too, I usually don't have too many issues there.

I think the 2 inch version might work better for me personally, but I still didn't get what I paid for. I chose the black color, maybe it was an accident and they didn't mean to give me the wrong one, who knows. It's honestly not a big enough deal for me to complain to Amazon but I thought I should warn people here.

This has nothing to do with the SLX company itself, they have done a fantastic job designing a grinder!
SLX and the Gr8tr have my interest now. What's the difference between getting the two as they're both priced similarly.

Love my VAPE GR8TR!!
Best grinder i have ever used, stays clean and smooth for a very long time.
My SCS still gets some use but it is a back up grinder for me now.
SCS user here and I want a better grinder for vaporizer.
Care to go into detail as to what makes it better?

I do not find much in the area of 'mature' or educated videos on indegogo.... they kinda cater more towards the [insert descriptive adjective here] who are searching for new ways of partying with their hard earned money.

I was excited til I saw the videos. Instant turn off. A cool video as your first video asking me for money is unacceptable. Show me in detail how the product works.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I do think they're wrong about no-one else revolutionising the grinder, some good points raised, but IMO SLX with their ceramic coating is a game changer.

They are wrong. You & I both know the score with the SLX :ninja:

SLX and the Gr8tr have my interest now. What's the difference between getting the two as they're both priced similarly.

I picked a SLX over a GR8TR & seeing posts like this
love my gr8tr but can't say that it stays clean
make me glad I did. I would have put at least 4 or 5 oz through it since the last time I cleaned it but I have cleaned out the kief compartment at least once as well.

yUQROyn.jpg

Z9cuGso.jpg

abcd5432

Hmm, any pointers on what brush I should get for cleaning my grinder off amazon? And I really like how clean that SLX is... that makes me lean towards that now a lot more than the gr8tr. Might just save up and get both at the same time so I'm not disappointed.

I need more accessories now that I have my vaporizer!

abcd5432,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The SLX really is great. I've never been a fan of grinders for various reasons but I wanted to start collecting kief. After searching around on here, I discovered the SLX. Thanks FC!

The ceramic coating is amazing, not only because of the cleaning aspect, but it also keeps the grinder from sticking making it easier to plow through buds. I really like the threadless screen design, it makes the grinder more like a 3.5 piece. The pollen tool could be quite a bit bigger in my opinion, especially the handle.

It's hard to describe just how good the ceramic coating is! It just feels good in the hand and makes it a pleasure to use. It makes me want to use it more than I actually need to.

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
I have my Gr8tr since a month, and I totally agree to the fact that it get dirty quicker than a classic grinder because of the press system. Especially if you have some really sticky material with boveda storage (may not be the case with dryer stuff but I don't know for know...)

Otherwise, I don't think a SLX grinder is able to reproduce the same even fluffy material every time with every amount, with an almost effortless movement (while not gunked up :evil:).

That's why I choose the Gr8tr on the same dilemma. The ceramic coating is awesome but belong only on cleaning and ease of use but these teeths and holes make it just another grinder to me....

While lurking this thread for a long time, and after being tired of the upside down technique, I finally jump in the Gr8tr train et while it seems a weird grinder I think he's a serious challenger for us fellow vaper.

The fluffy even grind is the best thing about this giant can! (Twice the height of my 4 pieces SpaceCase, but a world between the two. :myday:)
It's seems that the same amount of material makes me able to pack more bowl with more vapor due to the augmented surface, it's clear when using my crafty.
And however you put 0.5g or 2g you always get the same grind, without have to put to much effort in the moment even with some really dense nug

Their changing plate and screen system is awesome (they are the real first one as biohacker said before) but while I really like the fine plate (my lung are cool with fine material :science:), I think the coarse plate is not coarse enough for all users... Maybe there is a room for another plate who knows? :p

Mine came with a gifted screen (same size as the included one), wich is convenient for cleaning but another size would be welcome ;)
The Kief is collecting more easily than on my SpaceCase, but we'll see in the long time for the quality( 60's screen)

The overall quality is really high, all is tight and well machined,the black cap is nice, you can handle it well, it feels study in hands, and he came with a little black bag.
I prefer the anodizing of my SpaceCase, less shiny and it feel more high end to me...But that's just a treatment after all :)

Mine came with the lossing plate problem plus a small machining mark, and wow, CS at this company is really effective, the lifetime warranty isn't a joke!
I ordered it on grasscity, from a country where kannastor didn't sell stuff, and I was really worried...
I made a warranty claim with two pictures and here we go!

They handle all the process and stuff with grasscity, and while it had taken a couple of week, they sort it all and a new grinder is coming my way without having to send the old one...
That's really awesome, more parts to play with!

At the end, I don't regret I haven't pick the SLX, but I do regret that Kannastor isn't using a ceramic coating!! :spliff:

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Otherwise, I don't think a SLX grinder is able to reproduce the same even fluffy material every time with every amount, with an almost effortless movement
The SLX is actually very good at doing this. Although there is of course less control over results than with the GR8TR.
Honestly, it's not the most break-through design, but it is a tried-and-trusted dynamic, and it is pretty consistent, even with varying bud quality.
There are ways it could be improved, and when they bring out version 3.0, things will be interesting.

Regardless, both grinders won't give buyers remorse, spending at this end of the price range should ensure that.
Although both the SLX and the GR8TR could be improved, it's not by a lot either way.
Both are good investments as they stand IMO.

lazylathe

Almost there...
SCS user here and I want a better grinder for vaporizer.
Care to go into detail as to what makes it better?

A finer, fluffier grind that i find perfect for all my vapes.
Mine stays clean for a long time and the silky movement when grinding is really easy on my wrists.
I think i have owned it for 6+ months now and cleaned it twice so far.

My only complaint is the threading on the bottom! I think they could have gone with a 1/4 turn locking thread.
On bad days it hurts to turn it so much to open it.
If you don't have arthritis in your hands you will be good though!

Top Bottom