Herb Grinders

unsorted

The gr8tr is just better... Hmmmm. May just spend the Bucks then. Anyone else have an opinion?

None of us can give an opinion on the Clipper because it hasn't shipped yet. Supposedly it will in the next week or two.

unsorted,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I'm so close to pulling the trigger on a gr8tr sifter, does anyone know if they are stocked in UK, don't wanna pay 20 quid shipping on top.

kellya86,

toked23

Sorry I didn't go into more detail, but I was on mobile. I've reviewed the gr8tr in here previously, but the gist of it is that it's just a different (and I think better) design. The regular 4-pc Kannastor is just a 4-pc grinder that's not much different than any other 4-pc. I prefer the gr8tr because it gives a consistently fine grind every time with zero effort - no turning upside down for X number of turns, it's easy to load, and it doesn't really get gunked up. I used to have a bunch of grinders and now all I use is the gr8tr.

Ha, I hope you're right, my lhs has scs and kannastor and went with the gr8tr jar version. Not cheap, but seems like it'll last a long long time...

toked23,

toked23

toked23,

George1151

That's pretty much what I was thinking, paid the extra few bucks and got a couple other options or ways to use it. Hopefully it works as well for me as it has everyone else here...

Mine seems to be working much better after a thorough cleaning with a solvent (Randy's).. When I first got it I washed it thoroughly and dried it but I wonder if there is some kind of protective coating that it comes shipped with that needs to be stripped away. Much less build up smoother and less sticking of the crystals in the finished product.

George1151,

toked23

Mine seems to be working much better after a thorough cleaning with a solvent (Randy's).. When I first got it I washed it thoroughly and dried it but I wonder if there is some kind of protective coating that it comes shipped with that needs to be stripped away. Much less build up smoother and less sticking of the crystals in the finished product.

Ok, not a problem, I'll give it a good cleaning before my first use

Edit: gave it a good cleaning, kinda tricky to dry. Trying to be fairly discreet with the ball and chain. BUT, after the cleaning I of course had to try it out. Over filled it initially, couldn't close it so I scooped some out, maybe .5g I would guess I started with approx. Once I got the lid closed, it destroyed the material quickly, very quickly. Very little still left in chamber. Went for the other half and it destroyed it just as quickly. I must not have dried to edges of the screen as I could tell some stuff was stuck to it. BUT, what a nice fluffy grind, I wonder if it grinder it too much for my ff2 though... Hmmmm... Would be perfect for my pax2 for sure. I'm going to give it a go either way and report back but I'm guessing with as fluffy as this is, it's going to do pretty well with the ff2. Anyone use this grinder for the ff2? Seems like a very good quality piece, not quite as precise mill wise on the small teethas my scs though. But feels solid and has a nice weight to it. Really like the little hideaway up top, and like the ability to change it up however I need whether fine or coarse and with or without filter etc. seems like a real one size fits all for me.

Last edited:
toked23,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I think my GR8TR is cursed.

It's been several months since I ordered and when it finally shipped it got lost in the mail. Apparently they're still going to get me my grinder but at this point I could have just ordered it from Kannastor and had it. Honestly the worst experience I've ever had purchasing an item online.

Winegums,

George1151

I think my GR8TR is cursed.

That's one of the things I don't like about online shopping, once I buy something I want it immediately and hate waiting. What you have gone through with this purchase would make me miserable. Let us know when you finally get it.

George1151,
Reactions: Winegums

little maggie

That's one of the things I don't like about online shopping, once I buy something I want it immediately and hate waiting. What you have gone through with this purchase would make me miserable. Let us know when you finally get it.
That's why I buy things like this on Amazon. They usually come in 2-3 days and are less than other places. On the other hand, I wonder if the lost one came from ezvapes. I waited what seemed like forever for a simple grinder- not the gr8ter.

little maggie,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker

I'm okay with waiting a week or two but 2 months is excessive.

Thats some serious bullshit right there @Winegums. I assumed this was resolved weeks ago?
I thought it was resolved and the package was on its way. Only to have the package lost in shipping.

Back ordered 1 week, back ordered another week, was told it would ship two weeks after, the grinder shipped (bog standard ground shipping), two weeks pass still no grinder, and finally I have to send an email wondering where it is.

How hard can it be?

Winegums,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Last edited:
kellya86,

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
the small GR8TR looks to me like it has no screen for kief
only the 'jar' and the 'solid body' have the space for a screen below the herb chamber

[edit] nevermind, i think you already spotted the differences :)

Pyr0,

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
@Silat

Thanks a lot will be ordering Friday....

Sorry to be a pain but a I can't sign into American amazon, only UK...

Is this the one I want?????

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...=kannastor&dpPl=1&dpID=41rQjfPbGxL&ref=plSrch

Or this one....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B018R7ND92/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_236_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=31OhP3lpBSL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL130_SR130,130_&refRID=3CPMNSNXPNDC40M2RNPG

Wait, it's neither.... dammit

I searched Amazon UK and cannot find it. It is the GR8TR Clear body as shown here http://www.kannastor.com/gr8tr-jar-grinder.html .
There is also a solid body version.
I presume shipping is prohibitive if you order in the USA?

Silat,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Silat thank you very much for your time to look for me, much appreciated....

I guess I'll just have to wait for this grinder...

Let down....

kellya86,

DrHermman

Hey Kelly!
Here you have the GR8TR for 70 eur, and you can get a 10% off with this code: klw24khd

I bought mine there (it is the european grasscity store) and unexpectedly didn't have to pay any shipping to Spain.

The big surprise came when they gave me the tracking number and the package was flying from Oregon (I thought it will be coming from their shop in The Netherlands!). I was a bit pissed off cause I thought I will have to pay custom fees as it was coming from outside the EU... But luckily I didn't have to. :brow:
In total I payed around 65 euros for my GR8TR. Please notice that YMMV.

Anyway, it was a good shopping experience and the GR8TR really worths it. :nod::tup:

Hope it helps and you can get one soon...!

Peace!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hey Kelly!
Here you have the GR8TR for 70 eur, and you can get a 10% off with this code: klw24khd

I bought mine there (it is the european grasscity store) and unexpectedly didn't have to pay any shipping to Spain.

The big surprise came when they gave me the tracking number and the package was flying from Oregon (I thought it will be coming from their shop in The Netherlands!). I was a bit pissed off cause I thought I will have to pay custom fees as it was coming from outside the EU... But luckily I didn't have to. :brow:
In total I payed around 65 euros for my GR8TR. Please notice that YMMV.

Anyway, it was a good shopping experience and the GR8TR really worths it. :nod::tup:

Hope it helps and you can get one soon...!

Peace!

Thanks a lot, that would have really helped...

An hour or 2 ago....but thanks anyway for your effort....

I got an email from eBay earlier asking me to pay for an item, I was unaware I had puchased anything....

Anyway I looked into it and it was the gr8tr from the American eBay, I couldn't sign in to buy it at the time, so god know's how I bought it...

And I wasn't keen on the 15 quid postage....

Anyway I thought fuck it and went for it....

Came to 60 British pounds in the end, I can live with that if this turns out to be everything I hope it will be.....

Oh yeah and in the process of paying my bank account got frozen due to possible fraudulent activity for some reason.....

Anyway all sorted now, just have to wait till June 11 for my delivery...

Edit:- just found a UK seller on ebay, cancelled my order from America and they kindly refunded me, and ordered from UK seller, got the same one (sifter) for 42 UK quid, and it will be here Monday.....

Hassle.....

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
Thanks a lot, that would have really helped...

An hour or 2 ago....but thanks anyway for your effort....

I got an email from eBay earlier asking me to pay for an item, I was unaware I had puchased anything....

Anyway I looked into it and it was the gr8tr from the American eBay, I couldn't sign in to buy it at the time, so god know's how I bought it...

And I wasn't keen on the 15 quid postage....

Anyway I thought fuck it and went for it....

Came to 60 British pounds in the end, I can live with that if this turns out to be everything I hope it will be.....

Oh yeah and in the process of paying my bank account got frozen due to possible fraudulent activity for some reason.....

Anyway all sorted now, just have to wait till June 11 for my delivery...

You will love it. Only thing is the screw in disk does come loose occasionally. Careful not to cut your fingers when handling them:)

Top Bottom