Herb Grinders

bukster

about the clipper @ubwadewunner they removed visibility on the indiegogo due to "content prohibited by indiegogo " but they said that they will be taking preorders at their site... lift-innovations.com you can also ask on their Facebook page, they seem to answer.
saludos.

throwawaytre3s

Just wanted to pop in and say that my Kannastor is still holding up really well. The less and less I use tobacco, the less I find myself using my larger 4 piece grinders. I think my final grinder purchase for a long time will be a 4 piece 1.5" grinder from them. I think that size wise, it's perfect for my needs and uses. It fills up one bowlpack really nicely, and several in the firewood, two in the EQ. I just don't see myself needing to grind up more than that at a time.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: Derrrpp

biohacker

Kannastor GR8TR solid body or SLX v2.0 4 piece 2.4"? Tough decision!

Does anyone know if the JAR body GR8TR is glass or plastic for the clear window portion?

biohacker,
Reactions: Stevenski

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
I don't see many updates of Comptons.

Anyone still using theirs? Were they just a fad?
I had thought they looked so nice...
I still use mine, but the GR8TR has taken it's place as my main grinder now.
The Compton is a really really nice grinder with smooth twisting action and it feels like it's built like a tank, but I just prefer the really fine grind of the GR8TR.

Kannastor GR8TR solid body or SLX v2.0 4 piece 2.4"? Tough decision!

Does anyone know if the JAR body GR8TR is glass or plastic for the clear window portion?
I have the jar version, it's plastic
If the GR8TR and the SLX had babies I'd want one lol :p
The non stick coating of the SLX with the really fine grind of the Kannastor would be ideal

Last edited:

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Unfortunately I don't own an SLX grinder, but from the images I've seen, the holes on the SLX (and most other grinders) are much bigger than the holes in the finer GR8TR plate.
SLX:
MoOIjvI.jpg

GR8TR:
00LUBCl.jpg

Being able to grind different consistencies may be useful to some, but personally I've found I prefer the finer grind and haven't used the larger plate at all :)

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thanks bro, so the SLX isn't as fine as the GR8TR? The advantage of the GR8TR is having both of those plates for different consistencies.

I was in the same conundrum myself mate & ended up choosing the SLX. I have no regrets but either one will deliver great results. I tend to do a few cranks upside down to get it really fine but i have put at least 50g through it & am nowhere near needing to clean it.

They were not bullshitting only needing a brush to clean it ever few months maybe.

hafalump

I've run 3 oz. of well cured through my SCS, and very very little build up so far. I am not sure how it would handle sticky green uncured.

hafalump,

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
My matte orange SCS seems to be considerably more "nonstick" than any of my other grinders. I don't think I've ever cleaned it or used Grinder Grease on it. And it's starting to become essentially the only grinder I use. (When it builds up kief, I sift the kief in my mini SCS, which has a very fine screen.)

Aimless Ryan,
Reactions: whatitdew

LeatherHead

James Bond would use a PAX 2
Accessory Maker
I have a four piece Gun Metal colored SCS and a two piece Space Case. Both are insanely great and you can't go wrong with either of them. For some reason the SCS seems like the tech savvy underdog with the modern tooth design I guess because SC has been around longer. That doesn't mean SC is any less great though. Oh yeah, SCS has a special thread system that helps avoid cross threading when your mind isn't entirely right.

LeatherHead,

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I just did a little reading about screen terminology and found that five or six years ago on some other boards, people expressed a preference for 70 and 93 micron screens on kief boxes.

Based on recent experience, I have to assume the old (fine-screened) SCShredders have either 93- or 70-micron screens. Anyone know if that's an accurate assumption?

Aimless Ryan,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I think 60 is around average for most grinders and the finer space case screens are 80 micron I belive so the SCS is probably 90-100. Also SCS Newer screens are a rigid metal and not the soft nylon or whatever most sift boxes use.

Justpassedu

Not promoting at all , just came across this cool little grinder with lifetime warranty and a funnel attached , i thought it looked cool. I will not purchase it bc i like my Kief and personally only use a grinder with a kief collector , plus its to expensive for my taste considering i never heard of the company. Actually just saw someone else had posted this a page or two back , my bad. https://www.alpacagrind.com/product/alpaca/

Edit : also if anyone ever needs a super fine grind almost to kief consistency this little magic flight finishing grinder works wonders for that , i know its popped up on here before - http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Flight-...57129741&sr=8-1&keywords=magic+flight+grinder

Last edited:

biohacker

Probably, just like so many other letdowns..... still saving up for the GR8TR or SLX. Starting to prefer a coarser grind in my vapes, for better flavour - but also mostly because the hits are so much smoother for me, and the airflow better.

biohacker,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Dropped my SCS and threads are fucked.... I have to make a decision and SCS is the best I've ever had.

Do I simply get another, do I try a newer version, do I look at something more exotic?

Is there a hands-down CHAMP? One grinder to retire all the rest? My SCS did that, but technology has changed in the last 3 years.... I just don't know if it was for the better or worse.

bukster

I wouldn't know either, but... what do you think about "the clipper"??? (I think they changed the name) they have lifetime warranty... looks kinda promising

bukster,

MinnBobber

Dropped my SCS and threads are fucked.... I have to make a decision and SCS is the best I've ever had.

Do I simply get another, do I try a newer version, do I look at something more exotic?
In my mind the best grinder is the most basic but done right with the best materials and craftmanship.
Enter the SCS 3 piece, for me the best for my wants. Smooth as silk action. Threading together ease is better than any I've ever tried. I dislike kief catchers--want 100% fresh in my chambers. Rounded interior corners-love em. Fluffs the bud perfectly. Grown to love the 2.1" size. 3 piece was going to be offered in other sizes--have no idea if that's happened yet??

I don't want exotic as that usually means fussy and fad and gimmick. Tried and true SCS

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I wouldn't know either, but... what do you think about "the clipper"??? (I think they changed the name) they have lifetime warranty... looks kinda promising

Not sure I like the fiddliness and all the parts involved. It looks serviceable, but Im sure Id be bending blades quite often.

FlyingLow,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Just want to chime in and say that my small titanium space case 4 pc has been running strong for many years now. The only wear I can report is the coating has worn off ever so slightly on some corners. It's barely worth reporting as the teeth are sharp as the day I bought it.

The fluffy grind is perfect for my Herbalizer and if a finer grind is needed I can just turn it upside down. The upside down grind can be made quite fine, roughly 1 - 2mm particle size

Hands down best purchase I've ever made with regards to toking tools. Perhaps even a better investment than my herbie.

Top Bottom