Herb Grinders

spincut

Thanks. Everybody is different as to what they like.

The last thing I want is an extra piece (dish). The 3 piece base is the self contained dish and storage compartment and grind inspection area. The holes don't bother me at all. If I inspect and the grind is still too coarse, I just tip it upside down and grind some more. Different herbs require more or less grinding so this allows one to inspect, and even push it around to inspect even better.
Since getting my 3 piece, my 4 piece just serves as a storage vessel for one strain.

I'd only buy a 2 piece as a travel, on the go grinder, to save space.

If you have too much herb on your dish, do you then pour it back into the grinder to store?

Like I said, the addition of the dish only adds the one thing I frankly want to get rid of. If I was cool with the system the 3 piece had, I might as well just stick with the 4 piece. I dont really have travel hangups/issues, and the reason I don't want to stick with the 4 piece is because I want to get the grind consistency I want without, say, turning it upside down or having to dump it back in (it gets messy).

Now, I "may" consider a two piece Santa Cruz, given a lot of people have reccomended that, and I already own a Space Case product, but yeah, I really dont see the point of a 3 piece, I have long since had a dish I dump my stuff into anyway. What do I do when I have a little more than I need? dump it into something else I guess? I don't personally feel it's terribly hard to put the proper amount in at this rate, I kind of just start to know how much I need.

spincut,

Caligula

Maximus
I grind just enough for myself as needed. Having a 3 piece would be perfect since I can grind, store, and access said herb with a single container versus grinding then dumping it out onto something else like I do now.

For home use this seems perfect.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I gotta say I'm lovin' my SCS 3 piece — the perfect vape grinder IMO.

That said, I notice a difference in the anodized coatings between my SCS and my titanium coated Space Case. The non-stick qualities of the Space Case Titanium are very impressive when comparing the two grinders.
I never used a grinder before.
Scissors were the tool!
I got a space case for my first grinder.
The cheap knock off grinders don't do a very good job?
Their are some good ones on the market!
I haven't had any luck with the cheap no name ones?
Stay with a brand name when you buy a grinder!
Pay for a good one!
My space case was $50 however I use is everyday and it is smooth!

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I never used a grinder before.
Scissors were the tool!
I got a space case for my first grinder.
The cheap knock off grinders don't do a very good job?
Their are some good ones on the market!
I haven't had any luck with the cheap no name ones?
Stay with a brand name when you buy a grinder!
Pay for a good one!
Yes, because the simplicity of them means that a well-made grinder is a lifetime investment! I mean really how can it fuck up if the only thing they have to do is make reliable screw-on/off functionality and sharp teeth?

Sphyn0x

So after using scs mini 2 piece for a while, I decided to sell it and buy scs 3 piece. I thought that mini is great, but its waaay to small for comfortable grinding, its just too hard. Also, I miss extra chamber for weed (before scs Ive got some cheap 4 piece, but dont need kief catcher now).

@Caligula
Exactly!

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have a two-piece Space Case and a four-piece SharpStone. The Space Case grinds finer than the SharpStone which has a coarser fluffier grind. The kief compartment in the SharpStone is nice but not really necessary for me. I don't shake it much so I don't get a lot of kief but it's nice once in a while. I like both!

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: grokit

vapordab

Medical+FC=Recreational
I have had my 2.5" zinc "chromium crusher" for 6 years now (4.5 of them combustion)

It still shreds the herbs as well as the day I got it. The zinc alloy is very dense and sturdy. And there is no chance of metal flakes.

It definitely gives you a medium coarse grind, which is my preference for all of my vaporizers.
aEq6Rrh.png
The best 20$ I've spent on anything cannabis related.

vapordab,

MtnDew92

I actually had a friend with one, and those crushers are not good news .. Maybe a knockoff? but I think of that brand and automatically envision metal flakes

I have had my 2.5" zinc "chromium crusher" for 6 years now (4.5 of them combustion)

It still shreds the herbs as well as the day I got it. The zinc alloy is very dense and sturdy. And there is no chance of metal flakes.

It definitely gives you a medium coarse grind, which is my preference for all of my vaporizers.
aEq6Rrh.png
The best 20$ I've spent on anything cannabis related.

MtnDew92,

marlon1001

Does anyone know an European shop, which offers quality grinders like the SCS and SC? I've been searching for hours now and literally found nothing.

marlon1001,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I had something strange happen with my SCS yesterday. I put a substantial amount of herbs in (large nugs!) and pushed the grinding lid on and started grinding as I pressed down to close the lid, and somewhere in this massive (and successful!) grinding session; the grinder suddenly felt a lot smoother to turn. It felt as if it was on ball bearings with no friction AT ALL. My grinder is not normally like this. It has reverted back to normal (which is a bit more rigid, not a 100% consistently smooth turning process, often will make a small squeak noise or feel as if there is too much metal on metal contact for a smooth turn..
I experienced a perfectly smooth grind for about 5 minutes and now it's back to normal, and in comparison.. I could say that it sucks again.

My little black ring that runs around the outside of the lid that I believe causes a smooth connection and a smooth rotation is in perfect condition. It's symmetrical, undamaged, looks perfect, no plastic or grime on it.. What is wrong with it?

Radio,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
It's probably dirty. Try iso washing it.
Iso won't remove the shiny finish on the metal?
And sure, i'll give it a good hard cleaning when I get home. It should be fine, most liekly just a non-visible yet sticky residue that's built up and is causing friction.

I can't see any other cause to the issue at all, everything is in working order and looks great.. Just that ridig, stopy-starty rough turning circle.. The exact opposite of 'gliding'

Radio,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I had something strange happen with my SCS yesterday. I put a substantial amount of herbs in (large nugs!) and pushed the grinding lid on and started grinding as I pressed down to close the lid, and somewhere in this massive (and successful!) grinding session; the grinder suddenly felt a lot smoother to turn.
Did you get some herb in the center part over the magnet? When that happens it lifts the lid slightly and the grinder spins more freely.

Caligula

Maximus
Iso won't remove the shiny finish on the metal?
And sure, i'll give it a good hard cleaning when I get home. It should be fine, most liekly just a non-visible yet sticky residue that's built up and is causing friction.

I can't see any other cause to the issue at all, everything is in working order and looks great.. Just that ridig, stopy-starty rough turning circle.. The exact opposite of 'gliding'

It shouldn't. Besides i just wet a rag or paper towel with iso and wipe with that.

Caligula,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Did you get some herb in the center part over the magnet? When that happens it lifts the lid slightly and the grinder spins more freely.
I'm going to check the center magnet as soon as I get home also, and
It shouldn't. Besides i just wet a rag or paper towel with iso and wipe with that.
i'll give it a good wipe as well and report back here to let you all know how it went. Hopefully these tips alleviate the issue I'm having. I have a few grams of Burmese Kush to grind up and I want it to be pleasant!

Radio,
Reactions: Caligula

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
Just ordeded a Santa Cruz Shredder from blaze1.com for a grand total of $52 dollars with the discount code blaze20. I tried to get the purple but they called and told me which colors they had left, ended up with the last large green. I couldn't find a better price. Can't wait to try this grinder out!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Just ordeded a Santa Cruz Shredder from blaze1.com for a grand total of $52 dollars with the discount code blaze20. I tried to get the purple but they called and told me which colors they had left, ended up with the last large green. I couldn't find a better price. Can't wait to try this grinder out!
Are you happy with green? I waited and searched extra hard (and made some educated demands to the customer service team!) and in the end was offered the colour I wanted. Sometimes they will test you to see if you will take another one, and if you will then they may give you ones that are not selling well or are overstocked.. Its not too late to message and stay firm on Purple and see if they can arrange to get you one!
Green looks nice though and will make a delicious and vibrant looking herb bowl :)

Caligula

Maximus
Just remember a little bit goes a long way with that GrinderGrease. Just scrape a bit off onto into the male edge of the dish and use your finger to evenly coat it (i also put some on the black ring and a tiiiiny dab on the center magnet just for good measure). Even a severely gunked up grinder should turn freely for a while after an application like that.

Caligula,

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Just remember a little bit goes a long way with that GrinderGrease. Just scrape a bit off onto into the male edge of the dish and use your finger to evenly coat it (i also put some on the black ring and a tiiiiny dab on the center magnet just for good measure). Even a severely gunked up grinder should turn freely for a while after an application like that.
Sweet, i'll await its arrival. It's pretty cheap considering it may last a loooong time. Cheers for the recommendation. I'll be happy to see my grinder turning with ease again. Im surprised it didn't do that from the start, but atleast now I know how smooth it can get and I won't settle for any less now! What a great grinder that keeps on giving :)

Radio,
Reactions: Caligula

MinnBobber

I found it really interesting on Grinder Grease:
1. On my mid-priced CO Broncos logo grinder, it helps a lot. Without it is pretty notchy/grabby and with it the action is "decent"
2. On my SCS 3 piece small, I tried it without and it was heaven. I put on a small amount and it was still very smooth but that first movement from static was actually ever so slightly restricted. It was a very small amount I put on!! Then I wiped all of it or almost all of it off, and it actually was smoother with none or maybe microscopic remnants.
Experiment a little...

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Radio
Top Bottom