• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Delerrar

Someone mentione their 4 piece SCS didn't really collect kief that well. Anyone care to comment? Because if it takes forever to collect kief in a 4 piece I'll probably end up getting one of those new three piece ones.

Thanks gents.

Delerrar,

grokit

well-worn member
Mine both collect just fine, can't really tell a difference there with my old grinders.

grokit,

grokit

well-worn member
Mine sure doesn't collect kif at all. In fact, I don't even use my 4 piece any more. My SC 4 piece collected way more.
This seems weird to me, even though I've read about the smaller screen size of the scs. I haven't tried the sc, but my scs's seems similar to my old sharpstone in this way. I just got medicated for a couple of days on nothing but keif because I had forgot to check until I ran out of herb, always a nice surprise!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
My SCS collects keif okay; admittedly not as much as the Aerospaced I was previously using, but SCS's keif deposit is much finer, like dust.

The grind between the two is incomparable~ SCS fully shreds to a perfect consistency for me every time, no matter the material used; I cannot say that about my other grinders.

°k

The sound of vapor
Hey guys, I've done a quick search and couldn't find any thread about massdrop polls so I figured I'd post it here:

Since I'm interested in the cali crusher homegrown and can't get it in Europe easily (plus it's quite expensive), I've started a poll: dro.ps/v/ccQWp7e

Feel free to support and spread the word, thanks! :tup:

°k,

bigmarv999

Hey guys, I've done a quick search and couldn't find any thread about massdrop polls so I figured I'd post it here:

Since I'm interested in the cali crusher homegrown and can't get it in Europe easily (plus it's quite expensive), I've started a poll: dro.ps/v/ccQWp7e

Feel free to support and spread the word, thanks! :tup:
i thought massdrop didnt ship overseas?

bigmarv999,

°k

The sound of vapor
i thought massdrop didnt ship overseas?
I've seen products with about $10 shipping fee to the UK so I believe they do, maybe they don't do it on everything?

oh well if this poll reaches 200 votes and the cali crusher company is game but Massdrop don't ship to Europe then at least you US based privileged peeps will have a little discount thanks to a fucker from the other side of the pond.

Caligula

Maximus
I've seen products with about $10 shipping fee to the UK so I believe they do, maybe they don't do it on everything?

oh well if this poll reaches 200 votes and the cali crusher company is game but Massdrop don't ship to Europe then at least you US based privileged peeps will have a little discount thanks to a fucker from the other side of the pond.

We'll consider that a down payment for saving you from the Nazis in WWII.

spincut

I accidentally reposted my earlier quote post. But I do have some followups.

Namely, I've heard mixed things about this SCS 3 piece, but I am intrigued. Although at that rate I might as well just look at 2 pieces too.

Which brings me to this, is there a hands down defacto 2 piece grinder out there? Or is it more a handful of quality brands that yield a similar result? What is the end difference texture and looks wise between grinding and shredding (the latter of which seems to have two different styles, one dulled, and one with sharp points).

Mendo Mulchers have also caught my eye, how do they, the SCS's and the Space Case ones stack up results wise? I'm going to guess beyond the odd dissenting story that peoples experiences are largely positive?

Last edited:
spincut,

As a SCS 3 piece owner, here's my updated review after using it for a couple months:

Actually this has become my favorite grinder. At first I didn't like it at all since my fingers couldn't fit well into the bowl piece, and it was frustrating to try and load anything. I since switched to a small amounts measuring spoon + funnel system and now I really like this grinder. The small size and weight is my favorite aspect, as I have issues with hand fatigue and the grinder is something I use several times a day. Also the curved bowl is nice, makes it easier to get scoops out.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I accidentally reposted my earlier quote post. But I do have some followups.

Namely, I've heard mixed things about this SCS 3 piece, but I am intrigued. Although at that rate I might as well just look at 2 pieces too.

Which brings me to this, is there a hands down defacto 2 piece grinder out there? Or is it more a handful of quality brands that yield a similar result? What is the end difference texture and looks wise between grinding and shredding (the latter of which seems to have two different styles, one dulled, and one with sharp points).

Mendo Mulchers have also caught my eye, how do they, the SCS's and the Space Case ones stack up results wise? I'm going to guess beyond the odd dissenting story that peoples experiences are largely positive?

If I'm gonna chop up more than a few grams, I generally use an electric coffee grinder. I rarely chop up that much, so 90% of the time I'm shredding with my 2pce SCS.

I've had the SCS, and a TI Space Case, along with a few no name grinders, and for me, the SCS wins hands down.

I'll never be purchasing a space case again, shredder all the way :)
For me, its the hands down choice (I don't really use 4pce grinders so can't chime in on them.)

spincut

If I'm gonna chop up more than a few grams, I generally use an electric coffee grinder. I rarely chop up that much, so 90% of the time I'm shredding with my 2pce SCS.

I've had the SCS, and a TI Space Case, along with a few no name grinders, and for me, the SCS wins hands down.

I'll never be purchasing a space case again, shredder all the way :)
For me, its the hands down choice (I don't really use 4pce grinders so can't chime in on them.)

But why will you "never" purchase a space case again? I mean, I am largely disatsifeid with "how" the 4 pieces work, and figured even though there might be a few out there that manage a finer grind, that they all kind of work about the same given the stuff has to fall through the holes at some point.

Especially when it comes down to 2-pieces, where you really have a moderate amount of control (if my plastic Volcano 2 piece could do the trick for years anyway..), so what does your SCS do specifically that blows something recommended like a space case out of the water, so to speak?

spincut,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
But why will you "never" purchase a space case again? I mean, I am largely disatsifeid with "how" the 4 pieces work, and figured even though there might be a few out there that manage a finer grind, that they all kind of work about the same given the stuff has to fall through the holes at some point.

Especially when it comes down to 2-pieces, where you really have a moderate amount of control (if my plastic Volcano 2 piece could do the trick for years anyway..), so what does your SCS do specifically that blows something recommended like a space case out of the water, so to speak?

Herb Grinders

That post by @Vitolo should help clear it up - the teeth on the SCS and the SC are different. I have had many grinders with teeth like the SC - didn't like them. The SCS is the first i've had with these kind of teeth and it's been working GREAT for me

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I find it more Easily achieves the consistency of grind I want.

It's like the bud just puts up less resistance in the SCS. It's just easier to turn IME.

A space case is a quality grinder, and I'd be happy enough with it if it was the only option, but if I'm dropping cash on a high quality grinder, I will be hard pressed to pass up the SCS.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am with y'all- I will likely never go with any other grinder than SCS. :D

For me it comes down to two factors, and surprisingly the fluffy by-product is only my 3rd favorite feature :hmm:

What I love most about this grinder is:
  1. The absolute ease in which it grinds through even rock hard, dense and sticky material. I have never had to even strain. Other name brand grinders would not even turn with a 1/3 load of this material, and SCS can do it with a loaded cap.
  2. Nothing gets stuck!!! No clumps that don't make it through to the collection chamber. This is a real treat IMO.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Caligula

spincut

So the SCS grinders grind finer and better (even on a 2 piece?) over space case, according to some.

One thing I continue to be curious about is Mendo Mulchers though It feels like they're really good, but not a lot of people own them? And I checked on their website and they even have 4 pieces labeled "vape grinders", designed with smaller holes and more teeth, wish I knew before I bought the 4 piece I have!

Anyway, does anyone own a mendo 2 piece or otherwise?

spincut,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I've got a Mendo 4 piece vape grinder and like it very much. Super solid. Grind consistency is perfect for my convection vapes (Cera and Hammer). I don't have any experience with any other grinders worth mentioning, though. If you found a Mendo for a steal then I doubt you'd be disappointed. I'll defer to others with more experience when it comes to recommending a grinder for purchase at full price.

nopartofme,
Reactions: grokit

spincut

I've got a Mendo 4 piece vape grinder and like it very much. Super solid. Grind consistency is perfect for my convection vapes (Cera and Hammer). I don't have any experience with any other grinders worth mentioning, though. If you found a Mendo for a steal then I doubt you'd be disappointed. I'll defer to others with more experience when it comes to recommending a grinder for purchase at full price.

I take it you don't know what the difference between yours and these possible newer 4 piece "vape grinders" they are advertising on their website?

spincut,
Top Bottom