• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

MinnBobber

I fill grinder, and position it as a tire rolling on ground, and I grind back and forth a number of times.
If grinder is held flat, the meds can not use gravity, and sit still as you turn... could this be causing you a spot on grinder that is not getting your meds?
Tilt grinder and try.......

Thank you Vitolo,
works 10X better. Those lovely buds can't escape gravity nor fall thru the bottom holes right away. They just get ground to a perfect consistency!! Roll that tire, er grinder, and you are ready to vape.

I have an aluminum cnc machined grinder with the Denver Broncos insignia on the cover. Anyone familiar with it and how the feel, smoothness, grind quality compares to your expensive ones? Trying to judge what the difference will be/ is it worth it.
Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Vitolo

Resinberg

is it just me or do the Santa Cruz shredder grinders look like the fake/cheapy space case grinders
iv always thought the space case to be the best grinder when I saw my first santa cruz shredder at a LHS (keep in mind im from santa cruz CA where these are made) I thought it was just some cheap knock off bullshit the smoke shop had

every company in santa cruz tries to knock off the NHS santa cruz skateboard logo simply because it sells people from SC love to rep SC shirts back packs stickers hat beanies sunglassess basically any accessory

but no after some time I saw every smoke shop offering them across the country and people love them my only question is whats the difference ? to me the space case still looks better and its the original I would rather support that any day
what is the main reason people choose a santa cruz shredder over a space case?

Resinberg,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Better leverage (fulcrum...as applied to torque) of % of top over bottom gives an easier start. That is way back in this thread by a number of members. Once started, the design shreds more fully faster. I still use my Space Case on occasion, but rarely.

Resinberg

thanks I guess that makes sense my Space case is always alittle hard to get going but I figured that was because I only use a 2 piece and have bad hands
I need to give one a try

Resinberg,

Kief

Medicated
Anyone have a pic of a large 2 or 4-piece SCS next to a medium 2 or 4-piece SCS?
SCS does not make a medium size even though some retailers like to use the word. SCS sizing options are mini(40mm) < small(55mm) < large(70mm) < jumbo(100mm). PlanetVape has a decent side-by-side pic even though they call the small a medium.
is it just me or do the Santa Cruz shredder grinders look like the fake/cheapy space case grinders?
I had the opposite reaction before and after using it, but there are at least 3 different finishes being produced... I prefer the original matte over the newer glossy finish.
what is the main reason people choose a santa cruz shredder over a space case?
It doesn't grind, it shreds.

2clicker

Observer
@2clicker I bet you keep the medium.

you nailed it. now ive got a large and medium i need to get rid of.

about the quality... holy crap these SCS grinders are VERY well made. the top cap is much beefier than my SpaceCase in the same class. i find the quality overall slightly better than my SpaceCase as well. trust me the SpaceCase was the nicest grinder i have ever used... until i got my SCS that is. and the large size is a fucking brick shit house. much bigger than i imagined it would be. the med was also larger than i thought it would be, but its perfect for me. i am really enjoying my new SCS. will likely clean and part with my SpaceCase.

you cant go wrong with either, but the SCS's build quality is a bit nicer IMO.

Blueberryyumyum

about the quality... holy crap these SCS grinders are VERY well made. the top cap is much beefier than my SpaceCase in the same class. i find the quality overall slightly better than my SpaceCase as well. trust me the SpaceCase was the nicest grinder i have ever used... until i got my SCS that is. i am really enjoying my new SCS. you cant go wrong with either, but the SCS's build quality is a bit nicer IMO.

This is exactly how i feel about my SCS i received, i still have my SpaceCase and i'm not using it anymore since i received my SCS. Still need some grinder grease though to keep that new feeling.. Cheers :peace:

Resinberg

alright you guys have convinced me im gonna place an order right now for a SCS

one question for everyone is what size do you prefer im stuck between small vs large 4 piece I have always used a 2inch grinder but they have a large 2.75 for only 10 dollars more and they have a large special edition one I would like.

I just don't know if a larger grinder is smart I only grind about a half gram at a time and I hate the feeling of grinding an empty grinder just metal
and doesn't a larger pollen screen = more surface area essentially ripping your herb of more trichomes

Resinberg,

Resinberg

That is how I see it!
Some people like that however.
I don't.
I don't like that either
I actually have never owned a 4 piece because I don't like the screen
now I need a 4 piece because I can no longer dump my herb on a tray from a 2piece
hmm I guess I have some thinking to do

I really love the RX engraved matte black but it seems they are only making them in a large size
I may just go with small
who uses large grinders regularly? are you grinding for a football team?
especially the jumbo its like a cereal bowl I don't think I have ever needed to grind that much at once
maybe its a novelty thing ?

Resinberg,
Reactions: Caligula

2clicker

Observer
I don't like that either
I actually have never owned a 4 piece because I don't like the screen
now I need a 4 piece because I can no longer dump my herb on a tray from a 2piece
hmm I guess I have some thinking to do

just remove the screen section (third piece) of the grinder and screw it back together making it a 3 piece. then your herb will grind and fall directly into the storage compartment (bottom piece) and is ready for loading.

IMO a 3 piece is better than a 2 piece because you dont have to flip the grinder and dump anything out. and its better than a 4 piece because it does not remove kief.

2clicker

Observer
@Resinberg I took the screen out of my 4pc because I started just loading my vape out of the grinder, grinding only enough for a couple hours. works great this way for me as I don't care about collecting the Kief.

exactly. unless you grind TONS of herb i feel removing kief is just dumbing down your herb. when i vape flowers i want as many trichs as i can get. i do not care for accepting less now so i can save it for later.

just not my thing i guess.

Resinberg

I was considering this myself because im trying to load out of my grinder just as you do. @RUDE BOY

the only thing is I don't know if I can cleanly pop the screen out of the santa cruz shredder I read somewhere it was machined in there really good can anyone tell me this?

It would kill me to have frayed screen still along the edges of my brand new grinder

Resinberg,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

2clicker

Observer
I was considering this myself because im trying to load out of my grinder just as you do. @RUDE BOY

the only thing is I don't know if I can cleanly pop the screen out of the santa cruz shredder I read somewhere it was machined in there really good can anyone tell me this?

It would kill me to have frayed screen still along the edges of my brand new grinder

there is no need to pop the screen out. just unscrew it and remove that whole layer from the grinder.

then just screw the three pieces back together.

then if you ever go to sell it you will have a brand new screen for it.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
The grinder I use the most is the sharp shredda with a removable screen. I also took the screen out of my cheapo no-name 4 pc as it had a (rubber/silicone?) ring holding the screen in. I'd have to go through a lot more then an oz - oz 1/2 a month to really make collecting kief worth while because I clean my grinder once a month. That little bit is just a tease.

Resinberg

oh thanks right on everyone it sounds like the SCS has a removable screen then. I was just imaging a frayed nightmare trying to poke and pry that thing out with every single tool I could find in my toolbox

Resinberg,

grokit

well-worn member
I'd have to go through a lot more then an oz - oz 1/2 a month to really make collecting kief worth while because I clean my grinder once a month. That little bit is just a tease.
I like having the little bit of keif left over,
because it's a great way to wind down for a t-break when I run out of herb.
Plus I really enjoy the taste of straight keif out of my sublimator :tup:

Resinberg

to anyone who has ordered from the official Santa cruz shredder website
were you provided a tracking number with your order?

Resinberg,

Boydamien

SLcrBP0.jpg

Like this wee grinder the grind is so fine. Ideal for the mjfb no sure how good it be for a cano or suchlike

Was really just trying how to post pics as I'm new on here lol

Last edited by a moderator:

BirdFLU

SLcrBP0.jpg

Like this wee grinder the grind is so fine. Ideal for the mjfb no sure how good it be for a cano or suchlike

Was really just trying how to post pics as I'm new on here lol

That would be awesome if I still had my MFLB. I feel like the grind would be SO fine. Is that a sheet of aluminum with holes on the one side?

BirdFLU,
Top Bottom