Help with Vaporizer Purchase for My Sister

RyanLP

Hello fellow fuck combustioners,

I have been vaporizing for several years now. I have now used the Iolite, Arizer Extreme Q, Inhalater XP and now the Herbalizer (my only and best thus far).

My sister enjoys smoking from time to time and I have considered getting a vaporizer for her.

I was looking to buy something in the $200-300 range (if it is lower, that is even better).

I am looking for a high quality, consistent and easy to use vaporizer for her. I don't think it matters if it is desktop or portable, as long as it works well.

My immediate first thought was the Extreme Q, but I don't think that is the best fit for her. Although it is a decent vape, I know there are better vapes out there.

Does anyone in the forum have some helpful suggestions?

I have done some research, but would love to hear from the community on this.

RyanLP,
Reactions: steama

Squiby

The very best vaporizer IMHO is the Dynavap brand line of Vapcap vaporizers. They are beautiful, efficient and tiny.

Made in America. No batteries, no plastic parts, no electronics, no bits and pieces to lose, replace, keep track of or charge.

The Vapcap is externally heated with just about any heat source; jet lighter, bic lighter, candle, campfire, stove element etc. It has a heat indicating click so you when you are at temperature. It is very easy to use.

The Vapcap is very efficient with your weed or concentrate. It is quite possibly the most aesthetically attractive vaporizer on the market today.

The customer service is unparalleled.

Here is the website

http://www.dynavap.com

And here is the FC thread

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-218

Vapcaps cost from $35 for the all glass OG Vapcap, to $80 for a Ti Woody to the indestructible doomsday vape, the titanium and stainless steel Omnivap for $160. And because the build is modular, you can switch out condensers, mouthpieces, bodies, stems and VonGs, made of stunning wood choices, interesting metal, glass and carbon fiber.

Since getting my Vapcaps my other vapes sit quietly in the corner, ignored, gathering dust.

My daily driver is my Copper Stoned body ti tipped vapcap.

gzoCyiH.jpg

If I had a brother who was thinking of getting me a vaporizer, I would be hoping that I should be so lucky as to get a Vapcap.

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I'm a big fan of the e-nano for desktop use. Not much to screw up, very low risk of combustion. Can hit as hard and fast or slow as she wants. Easily available water adapters. Smallish bowl size. Not necessarily great for parties may be one of its few weaknesses. But for one or two people it's great.

Now, I have a vapcap on order myself, so @Squiby has a good suggestion too. But the vapcaps do require a lighter or other external heatsource.

Edit:

Also, I think it's Combustion Fuckers, not Fuck Combustioners

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Dollar for dollar and for the price you are talking you will never find a better performer than an SSV vape. I prefer the SSV over any other vape period.

Good luck in your search :peace:

You can get a Da Buddha vape for even less, it just has a different form factor.

I still love the DBV, but find it to be a weed-eater compared to the e-nano. Although, I think @DDave or someone has some sort of micro-load setup or something that might change the game.

def better for several tokers than the e-nano tho

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Neither the SSV or the DBV are weed eaters. If they are it is because of the way they are being used. The way I use my silver surfer is to make a simple dome screen and place it in the wand, close to the top. I also have the enano and I use less weed with my SSV because of this simple screen mod.

Nothing against the enano but my SSV is easier, quicker, and more convenient. :peace:

I dunno, I have only used the less expensive DBV, but I found it to never work well with small loads. But that's mainly using the standard wand and screen setup. There was a brief period where my e-nano was out to RMA and I was back on the DBV and had a hard time keeping my usage within reason. But YMMV, that may just be me.

Also, for ease of cleaning I prefer the e-nano's lack of a whip.

And I found convenience about the same, maybe a slight edge in 'speed' to the DBV just because it's easier to get bigger hits. I'll easily concede that, the DBV and presumably SSV are bigger hitters IMO. I think that's due to the wider bore.

Edit:

Also, for 'easier' I found the DBV way easier to accidentally combust for newbies. And harder to get a good hit because you can't just hit it as fast/slow as you want. need to match temperature and draw speed a little better which e-nano doesn't worry about

rabblerouser,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
  1. The wand is the reason the SSV and the DBV are superior vapes to the enano in my opinion. When using the enano you must physically pick up and handle the vape and the draw stem. With the SSV or DBV all I have to do is place the wand on the heater cover and draw. That's it. Much easier and less handling items than with the enano. I just think that for the price the SSV and the DBV are a more elegant design and provide a better experience than the enano. I had my enano before my SSV and now the enano has been put away because it can't really compete with my SSV in the ways I listed. The enano is still one of the top 5 desktop vapes, maybe it's in the top 3, so please do not consider my opinion to be a serious knock on the enano.
I will agree to disagree, but will still check out the 'dome screen mod' for good measure. I went the opposite direction and did DBV before e-nano and now the DBV collects dust. Still, both good vapes.

rabblerouser,
Top Bottom