Help with picking a new Vaporizer

StayC

Hi everyone,
I am new here to the site and Im looking to buy my husband a vaporizer for our upcoming anniversary. I dont smoke so I really don't know much about the vaporizers but I'm pretty sure he would love to have one. I'v looked at several reviews and been all over the web but there are just so many to choose from. I would like to stay under $200 but Id be willing to spend a little more if it was worth it. Any Suggestions would be appericated. ThankS Every1

StayC,

lwien

We know that this can be confusing, StayC, so let's see if we can nail this down for ya. You need to answer some questions first.

Is this a vape that he is going to be using at home, or does he want to use it when he is out and about?
Is this a going to be a personal vape or is it going to be shared amongst a group of friends?
Which would you say is more important:
----Efficiency in being about to get high from using very little bud
or
----Super thick and heavy bong like hits

Answering these questions will help us nail down what you are looking for.

lwien,

StayC

This vape will be used at home for personal use only. Also Im not sure about the other question I know he occasionally like to take a huge bong hit but for the most part he smokes small/med size bowls out of smaller glass pipe so probably somthing more effcient?

StayC,

lwien

StayC said:
This vape will be used at home for personal use only. Also Im not sure about the other question I know he occasionally like to take a huge bong hit but for the most part he smokes small/med size bowls out of smaller glass pipe so probably somthing more effcient?

Ok. Check out both the Purple Days thread and the MyrtleZap thread. Both of these vapes are very similar and both excel as a personal, super-efficient vape. Perfect for small measured doses. Both fall within your price range.

lwien,

gim

I'd like to chime in and say if you're looking for something digital right at your 200$ price point, I can't speak enough for the Extreme Q vaporizer.

The digital benefit being an LCD screen/temp readout, fans and a remote control. It also has the flexibility of operating using a bag or whip.

gim,
if i may say, ask your mate if he like ez open hits, less constricted. the log-style vapes are beginner friendly tho hard to draw depending on bowl pak. why not wait couple months for the vapexhale.com?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Tuck

Why would she want a vapexhale when its not even available and its almost twice her pricepoint? I don't understand why everyone is pushing a vaporizer that is vaporware at best. When you can purchase it, suggest it.

To stay on topic, check out the Magic Flight Launch Box or check out the Da Buddha Vaporizer. The MFLB is a popular portable unit thats about $110. The DBV is made in china but it's under your pricepoint and it's very easy to use as well.

Tuck,
StayC said:
Hi everyone,
I am new here to the site and Im looking to buy my husband a vaporizer for our upcoming anniversary. I dont smoke so I really don't know much about the vaporizers but I'm pretty sure he would love to have one. I'v looked at several reviews and been all over the web but there are just so many to choose from. I would like to stay under $200 but Id be willing to spend a little more if it was worth it. Any Suggestions would be appericated. ThankS Every1

The vaporgenie classic or vaporgenie hardcarved are excellent vaporizers for 50 - 65 dollars. They operate with a lighter and can produce lots of vapor, very quickly - they have a small learning curve which is no problem for intelligent people with 2 or 3 minutes of patience. I love my vaporgenie classic - I wish I bought one the day they came out, back in the early 2000's. You could probably have a classic for around 45 if you go with discounts from puffitup or vapeworld. The downside - slight lighter flavor, I find it a tense experience using w/ a jet lighter, you'll tear your hair out trying to use it in the wind, etc..

Magic Flight Launch Box can be had for about 88 if you look around/ email the retailers on this site. It runs on AA nimh rechargeable batteries and is extremely stealthy and efficient. 100% windproof. My main problem (after about 36 hours using it) is that is, indeed, a conduction vaporizer (with IR characteristics, love to hear that explained), and does vaporizer somewhat unevenly even with regular stirring. Again, 36 hours.

Vaporstar is to be considered if he likes or already possesses a bong. Like 32 shipped for me - cheap - crude - effective, as is its glass knockoff, the vapo-bowl, like 27 shipped.

I'm personally not a fan of whip vaporizers, but I haven't tried the creme de la creme yet, the SSV or DaBuddha or that extreme Q one, which sounds pretty cool. They're all rather expensive so are probably out of your price range - cheap sub-100 dollar similar models tend to be crap to the point of being a health risk.

I've had quite a few vapes, but if I had to be reduced to just one regardless of dollar values, it would come down between the Vaporgenie and the MFLB. Both are portable but are also satisfying enough for home use (easily, really).

charliedontsurf,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I too recommend the Launch Box or the Arizer Extreme. I have both and love them both.

The Extreme is a tabletop vaporizer that requires a power cord. It can be used with a whip or you can fill bags with it. It has a digital display for precise consistent temperature control, allowing you to control the effect. It is easy to set up and use. It is built in Canada, which might be an issue if you want to ship a used unit back for repair. Arizer customer support has a top notch reputation.

The Launch Box is a portable stealthy vaporizer not much bigger than a matchbox. It requires specially prepared rechargeable NiMH AA batteries. (Two supplied, extra batteries are not hard to get and prepare.) The LB fits in your hand and is hit either directly from the Box or with a small acrylic tube (supplied). There is a learning curve but it's not too steep and FC can provide all sorts of help. You can take the LB almost anywhere and with practice you can use it without detection. The user satisfaction with the LB is the highest I've ever encountered for anything, and everyone I know who has tried one has bought one. The price is terrific and the Magic-Flight warranty and customer service are also literally unbeatable: lifetime warranty on almost anything but loss.

I'd love to hear how this works out.

pakalolo,

caseball2051

you cannot beat the log type vapes in terms of efficiency. Especially for personal use.

My myrtlezap is a fine piece of equipment! The customer service is also great as well, Rick is a great guy to work with.

caseball2051,
Top Bottom