Help with high thc/thca and difference between low and high.

Mookie0608

OK, my experience is that the definition of a tincture is that it used ethanol or glycerin.

I know what MCT is.

I consider MCT to be an edible oil you can use to transport cannabinoids, which you can use sublingually.
I'd be curious if anyone has done a comparison of sublingual efficacy between an ethanol tincture and an MCT sublingual edible oil? Clearly you're having to hold it longer in the mouth to increase uptake, so I'll wager it's not as effective.

I've bookmarked the page on water soluble CBD... that should be interesting.

Yes, I'm well aware of how you strip the carbon ring.

@Mookie0608 look, you have complained about anxiety from the cannabis you have access to, I've told you how to deal with that. Your best bet is to mix strains, and have PLENTY of CBD in that mix to modulate the THC and stop anxiety attacks. PERIOD. Do that up front, or start carrying peppercorns in your pocket :(

I think making concentrate oil is fine if you have the right equipment (I gave a pointer to one in the last day), but I think adding that to a bath would be an utter waste of concentrate. The bath bombs that were recommended will probably do more.

p.s. you SUCK Chris Christie!!!
I hate the guy to. I know what you mean but not all strains are bad. Actually the purple urkle is amazing calms me right down harlequin will get me more anxious then purple urkle. Just getting irritated now that I have this magic butter machine and can’t even figure out how to make something simple because pot is not listed as an Ingriedient for cannabis coco butter and many other things.

Mookie0608,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
I hate the guy to. I know what you mean but not all strains are bad. Actually the purple urkle is amazing calms me right down harlequin will get me more anxious then purple urkle. Just getting irritated now that I have this magic butter machine and can’t even figure out how to make something simple because pot is not listed as an Ingriedient for cannabis coco butter and many other things.

I'm sure anyone here who uses an MB machine can help with the recipe. There is an MB thread on FC.
Go ask on that thread, I'll wager recipes will start flyin' at you.
The problem you've stated before is that you don't have a place to decarb your flower...
if you can find a pal's place to briefly (40 minutes) make aromatic (turn on the exhaust fan in the kitchen!), you can decarb it (240F for 40m) and then stuff it into the MB machine to make your butter or edible oil.

something doesn't make sense... Harlequin is normally (at least on THIS coast) substantially higher than Purple Urkle in CBD, and should work BETTER to calm you down than Purple Urkle. I dunno if they are playing games with the names or what... do you get labs with the stuff from the state? I'd be REAL curious about how the flower was grown, and what it and you might have been exposed to. Black market stuff is notorious for having pesticides and fungicides on it, and I have a friend who is extremely sensitive to all that crap (which should NEVER be medicine for sick people!!!), so this may be in play with you as well.

CBD WILL NOT GET YOU HIGH. PERIOD.
It WILL relax you, lower your anxiety, help your depression, help eliminate muscle spasms, and help protect your body from a number of things (cancer proliferation, etc.).
It is also useful in treating PTSD and other things.
It can (dose dependent) modify your response to THC, smoothing it out a bit, extending it's action, and inhibiting anxiety attacks from highTHC.
But if you think you're going to get the same response from a highCBD strain as you will to a highTHC strain, um... NO.

One thing... you DO know that if you intake CBD BEFORE you intake THC, the CBD WILL inhibit the THC?, but if you take them simultaneously, it will modulate it, not inhibit.
I don't know why mixing your strains gave you such a poor result, can you post the labs you have for them?
Mixing strains and rotating strains is a pretty universal strategy among long term chronic pain/cancer/etc patients.
There is a LOT of info on FC, dig a bit more, you'll find a lot of the answers, and if not, you'll likely be in the right place to either get them or get pointed to them. Each thread holds folks with special knowledge and experience. It can be a bit overwhelming, but dive in, the water's fine. Don't toss in the towel from early frustration.

looney2nz,

Mookie0608

I'm sure anyone here who uses an MB machine can help with the recipe. There is an MB thread on FC.
Go ask on that thread, I'll wager recipes will start flyin' at you.
The problem you've stated before is that you don't have a place to decarb your flower...
if you can find a pal's place to briefly (40 minutes) make aromatic (turn on the exhaust fan in the kitchen!), you can decarb it (240F for 40m) and then stuff it into the MB machine to make your butter or edible oil.

something doesn't make sense... Harlequin is normally (at least on THIS coast) substantially higher than Purple Urkle in CBD, and should work BETTER to calm you down than Purple Urkle. I dunno if they are playing games with the names or what... do you get labs with the stuff from the state? I'd be REAL curious about how the flower was grown, and what it and you might have been exposed to. Black market stuff is notorious for having pesticides and fungicides on it, and I have a friend who is extremely sensitive to all that crap (which should NEVER be medicine for sick people!!!), so this may be in play with you as well.

CBD WILL NOT GET YOU HIGH. PERIOD.
It WILL relax you, lower your anxiety, help your depression, help eliminate muscle spasms, and help protect your body from a number of things (cancer proliferation, etc.).
It is also useful in treating PTSD and other things.
It can (dose dependent) modify your response to THC, smoothing it out a bit, extending it's action, and inhibiting anxiety attacks from highTHC.
But if you think you're going to get the same response from a highCBD strain as you will to a highTHC strain, um... NO.

One thing... you DO know that if you intake CBD BEFORE you intake THC, the CBD WILL inhibit the THC?, but if you take them simultaneously, it will modulate it, not inhibit.
I don't know why mixing your strains gave you such a poor result, can you post the labs you have for them?
Mixing strains and rotating strains is a pretty universal strategy among long term chronic pain/cancer/etc patients.
There is a LOT of info on FC, dig a bit more, you'll find a lot of the answers, and if not, you'll likely be in the right place to either get them or get pointed to them. Each thread holds folks with special knowledge and experience. It can be a bit overwhelming, but dive in, the water's fine. Don't toss in the towel from early frustration.

I’ll. Check that section out. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it but purple urkle makes me feel like I’m medicated with good stuff it’s what I’m used to the feeling it gives me so I get very calm from it but according to Leafly that’s one of the effects. The labs are tested 1 time and that’s it. They don’t test regularly. As far as getting that “high” it was more noticeable when I first started for instance I got really stoned with shark shock smoked a joint like a cigarette eyes got blood shot red. Same thing with harlequin if I smoke or vape enough of it I’ll feel some what I guess more of a functioning high. Maybe that’s not technically high just being able to feel the buzzing. Even now though compared to a month ago I feel medicated I still feel it in my head body and eyes just not as intense or more so ahh big deal it’s there but not bothering me. In the beginning I kept working myself up so thought that was the combination of anxiety and the medication making things worse. Now I just get really relaxed calm happy stress and pain free I know the other stuffs going on but it’s in the back of my head not worried about it. As soon as the body buzzing goes away I vape again to keep it going. Supposedly though the one strain shark shock will get you high though because there’s only like .15% less thc then cbd if you smoke a lot of it. I take large doses on high cbd strains to though or at least stringer then I would pure Thc. I’ll take 2 8-12 second draws on thc and be feeling good anything high cbd I’ll smoke a king joint or vape on 420 and take 3-4 10 second draws. But I only notice feeling different if I have be temp on 400-420 with cbd if I’m vaping in 360 I don’t really feel a thing.

I know about that intake yet and also I believe vice versa if you get to high you can take cbd to mellow it out I believe but I tried 2 scoops of cbd and 2 if thc in my pax and I got the pain relief but no high so I kind of hated it. It seems like it’s more of the energizing strains I’m sativas that trigger the anxiety. Even a few sodas will get me wired up and very anxious. The indicas s far have calmed me down a lot more and made it almost impossible to get worked up. Actually had major damage from a leak to my condo and while everyone was freaking out I was so high I didn’t even care more like okay it could be worse calm down and let’s think about how to start cleaning up. It another time I was so stressed and worked up over something I vaped in purple urkle and few minutes later I was like why did I gg so worked up over that. So if you know what I’m trying to say the indica s to tend to calm me down and relax me. I don’t get all worked up over the smallest things while high.

I’m not expecting to get the same high feeling or anything else from cbd that I do thc I’m just saying I really enjoy the body high/buzz. As far as the harlequin goes it just gets me so anxious or maybe it’s a bad word to use. I feel like I can’t just sit down. It was not as bad as sour og where I literally felt like I had to constantly be doing something or running a marathon. So that again could just maybe be mind over matter and it’s more if I can’t sit still. I’m pretty sure though the most common side effects for harlequin are dry mouth and anxiety I’m checking on Leafly because I do get the headaches from it too. That’s also listed as a side effect. But again could be mind over matter because it’s 2 year old weed and I often wonder if it’s got some issues with it.

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

Almost forgot yes the harlequin has more cbd then purple urkle but not much it’s like 5-6% I think from one of my frequent dispensaries I goto outside of high cbd strains the blue dream has the most cbd at like half a percent or so. I know for a fact though or at least I believe west coast medicinal pot is far superior in quality then east coast. I can count on 2 hands how many high thc strains are available some dispensaries one hand. We have a ton ranging from 8%, but they are high cbd strains usually-17% thc and 20% is hard to find when you do it sells out fast. I would say I’m average one dispensary is about 15.70% thc and the other is upward of 18-19%. The one I think only has 1 indica over 20% 1 Sativa that’s 18% the hybrids are the ones on the 20s like sour banana sherbet cookies and cream and lemon skunk might be some I missed I forget. I just really want to try northern lights and possibly purple arrow. I just got an email 2 New strains coming soon and like usual they cater to depression. The bulk of the strains available are all great for depression or energy. No matter where you go it’s kind of annoying especially when they cock an attitude with me because I don’t buy much and and tell them honestly I’m not treating depression I’m treating chronic pain Do you have any plans to add more strains such as northern lights? Or something to that extent or ak47 something different that may help me more. The one guy had no clue what mazar or northern lights even was at first he said well we used to have northern lights but not anymore I said I don’t recall seeing it on the menu he said white widow is northern lights I don’t know though. I really would like to find a street dealer at this point or move to another state. The purple urkle has been good to me I don’t get paranoid worked up anything like that but the thc content is so low. To my understanding st least from what I was told by a dealer I went to school with in another state he recommends at least 18% thc for chronic pain and the 3 top selling g strains for chronic pain his people prefer are northern lights, mazar or another afghani and I forget the 3rd might be grandaddypurple and skunk for the day time

Mookie0608,

Mookie0608

I forget a lot. I also got that decarb machine decarbixilator or what ever it’s called I think by ardent

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom