Help: Violent Vomiting after medicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if any one else goes thru this, however after taking a deep snap my lungs feel crushed and I start coughing. Soon after I rush to the toliet to dry heave or vomit depending on whats In my stomach.

I have and own a VaporBlunt but it seems to be lacking the full effect? Also after heavy use, I start to get very sick to my stomach.

I kinda had a stressful childhood so I have been medicating since my teens. I am now in my 30's and feeling great. I feel creative and confident and I am the happiest ive been my whole life.

Is it time for me to move to concretes? Never tried em before.

Sickwindsor,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Wow that really sucks I would move to medicating with edibles and tinctures. If the lung expansion or the effect of the thc irritating your throat is the problem concentrates may make it worse. Good luck

Puffers,
Mostly if I take a deep enough inhale to where it feels like it is going to the bottom of your lungs. Then I cough till my gag reflex kicks in.

Its mostly the quality of what I inhale. When good meds I don't have near the problems. I have never tried concentrates so it might help. I also smoke a pack a day of Marlboro Reds. My throat and lungs are pretty acclimated to smoke. Its just something I am doing wrong. It seems the slower I go the more I can take in. Weird >?

One more thing. I can also smoke the biggest paper tube with no problems. Its just hard for me to regulate the amount via a Water unit.

Sickwindsor,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
That sucks. Cigarette smoking definitely plays a part in your suffering, there is no question. Look toward ecigs as an intermediary solution to your cigarette problem. The "Ego" ecig is a good entry point. Sometimes I cough from vaping and sometimes I may even wretch after the first one or two hits but it subsides as my innards relax. With vaping I would alternate your hits with air using glass with a carb hole, and take smaller hits. A log vape like the CRZ with a glass "tootie" with a carb hole would be something to consider...

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I have a friend who sometimes vomits when he coughs a lot.. it happened to him while running for the first time in a long time, and it happened while smoking a joint, and it happened other times as well.. The common denominator was the cough always!

I am guessing that the cough is induced by the expectorant properties of THC, it happened to me a lot when first vaporizing. Now it only happens when i pull a big hit and my throat is sore.

So, in conclusion, you should consider stoping cigs. E-cigs is a viable option for those who don't want to stop nicotine use.

Maybe this is not the answer you were looking for.. but it is my experience and many here that vaporizing brings forth the harm that combustion has done in your lungs.

vorrange,

Makai

Get an e-cigarette, that will probably help you stopping tobacco. When the tobacco doesn't fuck with your airways vaporizing will most probably make you cough less. It may also help to use a vaporizer with bubbler/water tool, to filter the vapor.

This is one of the most popular forums about e-cigarettes: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Makai,

dorkus_molorkus

Dunno if its the same thing going on but, I have always vomited from coughing too much, and mostly its from choking on a rip or a bucket bong.

For me its from swallowing air when coughing like a mofo, I know its coming cuz my chin gets heavy & my mouth waters a lot. I generally stand up as straight as I can, and then beat my chest like a gorilla for a while. (or you could have your mummy gently pat your back for an ol fashioned burping, the end result is the same)

this action saves me more often of not.

dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: vorrange
I do smoke e cigs at work and at the house but if its my day home I some tobacco. Carbon Filtering has helped a bunch but I loose the flavor a little bit. I might try cotton to filter out the tar.

Sickwindsor,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If you take smaller hits and avoid coughing, wouldn't that solve your problem?

I've never been a fan of the "cough to get off" idea. I'll be honest in fact, I've always thought that was one of the stupidest things you can do. I've been using weed since the 60s and never ever had any trouble getting off without coughing. I hate it, because it feels like I've swallowed razor blades, my throat hurts for a long time after, and it makes it even harder to take the next hit. Maybe it's just me.

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer

I've never been a fan of the "cough to get off" idea. I'll be honest in fact, I've always thought that was one of the stupidest things you can do. I've been using weed since the 60s and never ever had any trouble getting off without coughing. I hate it, because it feels like I've swallowed razor blades, my throat hurts for a long time after, and it makes it even harder to take the next hit. Maybe it's just me.
It's not just you, I totally agree. I think the problem with vaporizing in particular is that it takes a while to get used to the feel of it. Because it is fairly smooth as you inhale it can be difficult to judge how much you've taken in until it's too late. I remember the first time I ever used my PD and I took a whole stem in one go. Never did that again :lol: I take lots of small sips and breathe in a lot of air with it. I also believe that you're allowing your lungs more time to absorb the vapour, so I think it is more effective as well :2c:

Makai

I personally actually like the sensation in my throat when it makes me almost cough. So I often inhale until I slightly feel this sensation, just 1-2 seconds before it makes me cough.

Makai,

weedemon

enthusiast
yep when this happens to me its cause i swallowed the air/vapor. I fill my stomach and it becomes over inflated feeling. then i burp/puke. doesn't happen often but It has before.

I find vapes that have hard airflow restrictions tend to make me experience this as well.

weedemon,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Whn I take HUGE vapor hit at HIGH temp, sometimes I can cough severely and that indirectly upsets my stomach and I get urge to vomit for few seconds. Never really puked after vapor hit, but sometime got the urge. If you experience the same, I would recommend lower temps, smaller hits (fill half lungs and then the rest with fresh air) and/or water filtration.

Seek,

djonkoman

same for me, when I just started smoking I quickly leanrned myself to hold in coughing since it would make it worse, and especially the next hit would be worse. since then I have only very rarely coughed from weed, combusted or vaporized. sometimes if I have a big fat dense vaporhit I do get a bit of a gagfeeling in my throat, but I can still keep myself from coughing

djonkoman,
The Science,
A 1000ml tube: I have to milk say double that before inhale. I noticed on my bigger tubes I struggle more. On the other end of the scale is slow soft pull out of smaller rigs. Works great and has a nice calming effect. However, I love the rush of standing up to fast and really needing to find my papasan.

My best combo to date is a Herb Iron---->SI Pipes Lg Carbon Filter------>Mobuis Matrix 75mm tall dewar bubbler!

Also an old "Football Trick". After sprints "Coach" made us raise our hands in the air and stand up strait. Contrary to your bodies natural urge to HUNCH over and gasp. When you stand up straight with your arms up in the air your rib cage raises and gives your lugs room to expand and compress freely. Or you can curl up in a ball and compress your lungs for any effect you choose.

Sickwindsor,

max

Out to lunch
pakalolo said:
Sounds like good advice to me. Seems like you're really overdoing it. Coughing sucks big time IMO, and I always avoid it. I don't cough easily (I'd do well in a 'hold your hit' contest), and since I hate doing it, when a big hit does sneak up on me I can almost always still hold it, even if it makes my eyes water and my face turn colors. I find coughing a worse experience than whatever I have to do to avoid it.

Cannabis is known for its anti puke effect, and once you've gotten past the 1st time high, where it can make you throw up, most people are normally OK unless they really overdo it. Ingesting too much of anything can make your body react unfavorably, so the first thing to try is to go slower. If you were drinking beer I'd say stop chugging and start sipping. Moderation is the way to go with most things.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
What I've been doing lately, and it's working well, is with my SSV I remove the wand from the heater as soon as I feel slight pressure in my lungs and top off my hit with a blast of air. Vapor expands in your lungs so that slight pressure will actually grow in intensity to a moderate and comfortable hit before you exhale. It really is a matter of feel and timing to get it right but of course sometimes I fuck up and take too much in and cough.

jeffp,

bigtvapes

If you vomit after vaping, don't vape. Period. And go to a doctor because something serious could be going on. There is NO physiologic reason why a normal, healthy person would violently vomit after vaping.

bigtvapes,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom