Help picking new in-door vape!

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
evilferret said:
Hey CombustionJunction have you used a whip on the Ion yet?
Yes. It's not the "official" whip from Zephyr, but it gets the job done. I like to use it for the higher temps like 440 because at that temp, I find it kinda hard to finish a whole bag by myself. Just a couple of hits does the trick.

CombustionJunction,

evilferret

CombustionJunction said:
evilferret said:
Yes. It's not the "official" whip from Zephyr, but it gets the job done. I like to use it for the higher temps like 440 because at that temp, I find it kinda hard to finish a whole bag by myself. Just a couple of hits does the trick.

Sorry for all the q's but what whip/wand are you using? Its like doing homework trying to find another wand that'll work on this badboy (and from one supplier).

Bruce been emailing me and he has me practically sold on this aside the whip.

evilferret,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
evilferret said:
CombustionJunction said:
evilferret said:

Sorry for all the q's but what whip/wand are you using? Its like doing homework trying to find another wand that'll work on this badboy (and from one supplier).

It's more of a rubber tube with a glass tip than a whip, LOL. I took the whip from an old box vape I don't use anymore and cut off the part with the bowl. The tube fits right over the teflon tip of the Ion and I don't get any leakage. I've heard of someone on this forum using the whip from their Da Buddha.

CombustionJunction,

evilferret

max said:
I'm sort of scared of the SSV. I'm reading you need to warm it up/cool it down (much like the Vapezilla but not as long).
I don't know where you read that, but it's wrong. Like any other passive, analog vape you just turn it on and turn it off. You can switch it on/off as many times and as fast as you want, and all you'll get is some wear on the switch. It's ready to go after a couple of minutes and you can turn it off as soon as you're done or just leave it on. I'm not trying to sell you on the SSV, just setting the record straight.

Not sure if its just my model of the WZ but I have no trouble combusting the end of the stem slightly if I work on it
If you're combusting you're getting ash, not just dark brown to black ABV. And you would have a defective unit as well.

I think you missed my OP. I want to get it almost combusted. I purposely do that. Haven't had ash though, I ease off once I get a slight burnt taste and there a slight black on the end of the stem. Haven't had ash fly into my mouth yet.

If I don't try to over-vape in the WZ it works prefectly fine meaning no combustion but I'm not after the head high.

From what I read people require anywhere from 3-15 minutes to warm the SSV up and being in the colder climates I always cool down any glass parts. I had too many shattering from shrinking too fast.

Even some sites selling it suggest leaving it on high for a few minutes and than dialing in your wanted temp.

What is your experience with the warm up/cool down?

3-15 minutes is a lot of time when in pain. Also finding videos telling me to run it at full for 30 mins but I think thats the first time dry burn?

Well can you compare the SSV to other PV's you owned? I don't see how the SSV will be any different than my Vapezilla.

Thanks

evilferret,

evilferret

CombustionJunction said:
evilferret said:
CombustionJunction said:

It's more of a rubber tube with a glass tip than a whip, LOL. I took the whip from an old box vape I don't use anymore and cut off the part with the bowl. The tube fits right over the teflon tip of the Ion and I don't get any leakage. I've heard of somha.

How is the heat retention while taking drags (while using the whip)?

Thanks again

Does anybody have experience with the new Extreme Q?

evilferret,

evilferret

Hahaha damnit. I wish I had somebody who can directly compare the Ion vs the EQ.

Ion says they have a max temp of 440 yet the eQ says 500? I wonder where their temp sensor is.

Which would get the biomass to temp better?

evilferret,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
evilferret said:
CombustionJunction said:
evilferret said:

It's more of a rubber tube with a glass tip than a whip, LOL. I took the whip from an old box vape I don't use anymore and cut off the part with the bowl. The tube fits right over the teflon tip of the Ion and I don't get any leakage. I've heard of somha.

How is the heat retention while taking drags (while using the whip)?

Thanks again

Does anybody have experience with the new Extreme Q?
It depends on whether or not you have the air pump on. If it's off and you're dragging alone, you get a cooler hit. With the assisted hit, it's much warmer vapor, I'm assuming because it spends less time traveling through the tube.

CombustionJunction,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
evilferret said:
Hahaha damnit. I wish I had somebody who can directly compare the Ion vs the EQ.

Ion says they have a max temp of 440 yet the eQ says 500? I wonder where their temp sensor is.

Which would get the biomass to temp better?
I can attest to the accuracy of the Ion by using the vape temperature chart in this thread: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197

365 is exactly where I need to be to feel the first sedative effects. I don't feel the same effects at 364. The thing is pretty dead on.

CombustionJunction,

evilferret

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:

If it was available right now I would buy it. I'm actually waiting till Sunday to order so I can do a bit more research.

More people please chime in!

Hmm maybe it is the Ion than. I have a feeling the EQ temp sensor is reading from the heater element and not from near the bowl. Can anybody clime in on this?

evilferret,

steiner666

Serial vapist
A ssv would definitely do what you're looking for. I usually start low and work my way up bit by bit after every few hits. Usually take about 6 hits at 1 oclock, 3-4 at 2 oclock, and then a few more at 3. My herb goes from green to tan with slight green tint at first, then to tan/light brown, then to chocolate brown on highest. What you'd want to do is just dive right in at the higher temps and get ~6 thick ass hits that contain the full range of actives. I like doing this temp ramping, and fucking around and making the bowl last half an hour just to completely finish it off, but i know some ppl i've vaped with (usually smokers) really only get satisfied by getting the thc and cbn/cbd slammed into them quickly in a few hits. I imagine this is what you're needing.

You'll just want to make sure you stir between every hit so that no parts of the bowl get scorched too quickly, before other parts have released all their vapors. Otherwise you'll have that burnt popcorn flavor sooner. using a ssv with standard style heatercover/wand setup and working the bowl during your hits so that the stream of hot air isn't siting on one spot for too long works great at preventing this, as well as making it easier to stir the bowl frequently, due to the lack of ground glass to get stuck.

i dont know about the other vapes you're looking into, i can only say that the ssv can combust your herb if you crank it up, and it vapes well anywhere in between. IMO, if a vape cant turn herb pretty much black, you may not be getting all that you can esp if you're someone who needs those higher temp actives. So what would really help is if ppl with these other vapes could post a picture of their abv after vaping it at the highest temp on that vape.

steiner666,

evilferret

Maybe I'll look for a used SSV. Damnit too many options.

How is the warm up/cool down time on the SSV?

I'm reading information ranging from you don't need to warm it up to almost half an hour.

evilferret,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@evilferret. I turn the SSV on to maximum, and it is 1-2 minutes to get to the point I want from room temperature. I then dial it back down and I'm good to go. Or, I leave it on all the time at a 75% setting, and when I need it, crank it to 100% and it is almost instantaneous to heat up to where I want.

Tom

tdavie,

steiner666

Serial vapist
evilferret said:
Maybe I'll look for a used SSV. Damnit too many options.

How is the warm up/cool down time on the SSV?

I'm reading information ranging from you don't need to warm it up to almost half an hour.

lol its 3 mins tops. or even faster if you turn it up full power and then turn it back down to vaping temps after about 2 mins.

steiner666,

evilferret

Man you guys are leading me to another side loading PV. Was hoping to test out a top load PV.

I kinda like the idea of the bag just in case.

Time to do more research on the SSV. For you guys with 3 min warm up, what climate do you live in? If I do get it, it'll be in the attic and its COLD here, no insulation. (and winter is upon us).

I'm just worried about breaking glasses pieces do the the glass expanding/shrinking which I did all the time with the Vapezilla which caused me to stop using it.

Steiner you still selling your SSV? I saw your post on the for sale awhile ago.

evilferret,

steiner666

Serial vapist
i live near the PA/NY border and it gets pretty cold here in the winter and hot in the summer. I honestly havent noticed climate/ambient temp really effecting either my warm-up time or ideal vaping temps. I've wondered myself though, about the glass getting stressed from going from cool to hot multiple times a day, but i really dont think it happens fast enough for it to ever break. And if it did, the heatercovers are easy to replace and cost all of $20.

*edit* yeah been on the fence for a while about it. email me if you're interested.

steiner666,

evilferret

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
just turn on low/breathe on it for a bit once it warms tu room normal temp sky hi

Problem is I need something easy to setup and quick to use. I'm only using this for when I have ulcer flair ups. The glass kinda scares me since I do stumble and things fall around me when I have an attack.

How sturdy are these bad boys? The wands?

I still plan to use the WZ/MLFB as my daily workhorses.

evilferret,

evilferret

steiner666 said:
i live near the PA/NY border and it gets pretty cold here in the winter and hot in the summer. I honestly havent noticed climate/ambient temp really effecting either my warm-up time or ideal vaping temps. I've wondered myself though, about the glass getting stressed from going from cool to hot multiple times a day, but i really dont think it happens fast enough for it to ever break. And if it did, the heatercovers are easy to replace and cost all of $20.

I thought that too for my Vapezilla awhile back but I discovered them stems break every time it snows and I don't cool down.

It is possible the SSV glass is better quality. I'm reading they're pretty durable.

So somebody posted they run the SSV all day? Any chance you have a wattage usage for running 24/7? I have a fear of running electronics at certain wattage while I'm not around.

But Steiner is your SSV still for sale or you keeping it?

evilferret,

steiner666

Serial vapist
the wands are thick and nice, i think they could survive being dropped on anything but maybe marble floors. as for the ssv itself, its got an all metal housing and wide metal base with 3 big gripper rubber pieces on the bottom, it wont be falling off anything unless you set up the power cord like tripwire and go sprinting through it lol.

*edit* yeah it's available, we're not allowed to talk about our stuff for sale in any threads other than resell threads tho, which is why i wanted to communicate through private channels ;) dont want to get moderated! :uhoh:

steiner666,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
The ion is i think no glass? so maybe it would have no trouble with cold.
how many watts depends on how high you are running it i believe, buddha says 25W though, SSV has to be close.

I still say try vg bat first. i'm all for buying more expensive vapes, and ion is high on my list.
But vg bat is cheap, fast, and i think delivers on high temp vaping.

rabblerouser,

max

Out to lunch
So somebody posted they run the SSV all day? Any chance you have a wattage usage for running 24/7?
I don't, but you can. 7th Floor has had some running non-stop for 6-8 years. The SSV draws 24.5W, all the time.

max,

evilferret

steiner666 said:
the wands are thick and nice, i think they could survive being dropped on anything but maybe marble floors. as for the ssv itself, its got an all metal housing and wide metal base with 3 big gripper rubber pieces on the bottom, it wont be falling off anything unless you set up the power cord like tripwire and go sprinting through it lol.

*edit* yeah it's available, we're not allowed to talk about our stuff for sale in any threads other than resell threads tho, which is why i wanted to communicate through private channels ;) dont want to get moderated! :uhoh:

Wow didn't realize its that strict now-days.

Will PM you.

The VG bat really does intrigue me. Maybe if one of these other PV's don't work.

The reviews about the draw don't appeal to me. I'm not a fan of too hot vapor unless I'm shotgunning it. I need to read more reviews, people either seem to love it or hate it.

evilferret,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
evilferret said:
Man you guys are leading me to another side loading PV. Was hoping to test out a top load PV.

I kinda like the idea of the bag just in case.

Time to do more research on the SSV. For you guys with 3 min warm up, what climate do you live in? If I do get it, it'll be in the attic and its COLD here, no insulation. (and winter is upon us).

I'm just worried about breaking glasses pieces do the the glass expanding/shrinking which I did all the time with the Vapezilla which caused me to stop using it.

Steiner you still selling your SSV? I saw your post on the for sale awhile ago.
I'm in Florida, but I keep my house at 68, so it's not cold, but still cool, especially in my smoking room.

CombustionJunction,
Top Bottom