• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Help picking new in-door vape!

evilferret

Hi guys! Been awhile, posted like 5 times when I first joined.

I currently have the MFLB and the Woodez. They're both great its just I'm looking for something that holds as close to possible 500 degrees.

I've been finding I get more pain relief from sparking or when I use the MFLB/WZ to the point of combustion. I can still get there with the MFLB/WZ on a normal day but when I have ulcer flairs I have resorted to sparking up. I've started collecting ABV and just re-vaping them. They seem to give me more pain relief/couch lock than fresh which gives me a head high.

So looking for something that gets my stuff browner, quicker and stronger. I read something about more pain-relief canaboids in the 500 degree range so hoping to try that.

Been looking at the SSV but more interested in the Extreme Q and the Zephyr Ion.

Somewhat confused on their price difference since they seem to be in the same market.

I really don't want a whip style only 3rd PV (I still have a Vapevilla hiding somewhere which I broke the glass stem and never got around to ordering a new one).

Thanks all.

evilferret,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Can't really comment on the Extreme or Zephyr, but with the SSV you can certainly achieve those higher temps without too much hassle. Every bowl I fill with it I take it right up to full temperature (never even close to combustion still) and you can definitely feel the difference in the type of high you're getting. I quite enjoy taking it up to the mid-point, letting the uplifting high sit for a while, then move on to the CBD section.

The reason I chose the SSV over the Extreme or any other was that it's renowned for being the 'big-hitter'. That reputation is thoroughly deserved, and with such a simple temp mechanism and a fairly fast heat up time, you will def be able to get those analgesic/sedative effects with fresh bud or with AVB from the MFLB. :2c:

wilf789,

evilferret

Hahaha I had a feeling it would have been the SSV but my Vapevilla from a few years ago scared me of glass direct draw systems.

Wish somebody had all three and could compare. Do you use your SSV with a waterpipe?

evilferret,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Nope I've been meaning to customise it a bit but it works so well I haven't really needed to yet. The glass delivery system couldn't be simpler and hasn't caused me any problems so far. Literally the only issue I have with it is the slight annoyance of little bits of bud making their way into your mouth, but that can be solved with a waterpipe I hear.
You can get the bud to a really nice dark brown though. If ever I just finish off a bowl which only has those last few high-temp hits in, I always feel like having a nap afterwards!

Someone might have all three, or at least two of them, just gotta wait for someone more experienced to wake up...

wilf789,

evilferret

Sorry for all the q's but how long does the the SSV take to warm up?

The wait was what used to kill me and the reason I got the MFLB.

evilferret,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
vg bat runs pretty hot for me and can deliver good hits, that's actually my complaint with it is that i have to try to not get closer than i want to combustion. I think it feels a bit different from most of my other vapes that i usually run at lower temps.

rabblerouser,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
evilferret said:
So looking for something that gets my stuff browner, quicker and stronger. I read something about more pain-relief canaboids in the 500 degree range so hoping to try that.

What you really need is an oil curve or skillet attached to a very small water piece and then vape some nice BHO. IMO nothing is better for your relief. You want lots of CBD's which are only mostly attainable at near combustion temps.

Good quality BHO will have lots of CDB's as the butane is very good at stripping them out of the bud.

Another portable for BHO is the VAAAPP portable vaporizer. It was designed to vaporize BHO and does a great job of it, even using a bic lighter! One good little hit from a dab of BHO will replace 12 hits on the LB and give you better relief.

Watch this vid and see how fast this guy gets medicated using it correctly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7cOfp5vDXU&feature=related

DeepFried,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Combustion starts at 451 degrees F, so I don't understand this.

You can combust with the MFLB, all you have to do is keep the battery in long enough. Why can't you get what you want by simply changing your LB technique?

pakalolo,

evilferret

OC513 said:
use your ABV for edibles....great for pain relief

Eating cooked AVB isn't fast enough. Waiting an half an hr to a hour while you're ulcer is flaring up is not fun.

I don't have space to make BHO and can only make it for special occasion. For some people it works great, its just not time/space efficient for me right now and when/if I have BHO it works in the MFLB.

Anybody have inputs in the 3 vaporizers I'm interested in?

evilferret,

evilferret

The po
pakalolo said:

Combustion starts at 451 degrees F, so I don't understand this.

You can combust with the MFLB, all you have to do is keep the battery in long enough. Why can't you get what you want by simply changing your LB technique?

Its like your said, long enough. I guess I should point out I have almost debilitating ulcer flairs ups. Mainly I fall down and stay down for awhile. Yes I have tried all the meds my doc prescribed but they all did nothing or made it worse (Nexium being the worst culprit).

I don't want to keep puffing away at the MFLB to get relief which is what I'm doing now. Food takes too long to activate and usually by the time it kicks in the ulcer is easing off.

I should mention start time is also be a huge factor. Maybe I should just try the VG bat.

Thanks all.

evilferret,

stinkmeaner

Do you mean a real "Super VapeZilla" or "VapZilla"? If so, I don't think you would be happy with another whip based system anymore than the VapZilla, though expensive and not a great value, they do produce clouds of vapor. Something tells me you have one of the many clones or knock offs of the VapeZilla.

stinkmeaner,

evilferret

Nope I have the Super Vapezilla bought from Wicked Roots almost 5 years ago. The digital model and got a free Phedor (I believe I have one of the first gens).

I used it as my main vape till 2 years ago. The WZ and MFLB replaced it. I couldn't stand the warmup/cooldown cycles.

So you're saying in 5 years thing's haven't changed much? Blah anybody know a good place to buy glass adapters/tubing for the Vapezilla?

I hated the warm up time.

evilferret,

max

Out to lunch
I read something about more pain-relief canaboids in the 500 degree range so hoping to try that.
High range yes, but as has been said, combustion is around 450 F. The Extreme has a limit on the temp, so not a good choice if you want to approach combustion. I don't know about the Ion.

The Woodeez has a fixed temp below 400, so really doesn't compare to the LB or SSV, both of which can attain high temps.

max,

evilferret

Yeah I know about the lower temp on WZ. I use the WZ for the morning/day and than use the AVB again in the MFLB to keep any pain in check. God I feel like I'm falling apart.

Not sure if its just my model of the WZ but I have no trouble combusting the end of the stem slightly if I work on it (aka sucking in slowly for an hour or the puff puff method).

The start of the ulcer attacks just threw everything in the loop.

During flairs up I've just gone back to sparking up.

I'll try to find the article but it basically said there may be other CBD released during combustion (well at above combustion temps). Not sure on the validity but right now with the ulcer I'm willing to try anything.

Just not another colonoscopy where they can't find anything and I end up feeling violated.

evilferret,
evi if u gettin burnt abv frum wdz get a glass tooty frum aromazap it should fit dunno ask rick i dont think its i gud idea tu heat up the plastic stems that much it must get hot, thot glass tooty would help safer

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

evilferret

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
evi if u gettin burnt abv frum wdz get a glass tooty frum aromazap it should fit dunno ask rick i dont think its i gud idea tu heat up the plastic stems that much it must get hot, thot glass tooty would help safer

Well I want almost burnt ABV. Thats why I'm looking to upgrade. Don't worry I mostly vape on the MFLB when I'm looking for the pain relief/couch lock (the plastic stems scares me too but the stem doesn't get hot at all even if the material blackens).

The WZ is great for maintenance hits or lazy weekends but not for quick pain relief/couch lock.

I'm leaning towards buying the Ion and a VG batt right now.

Sorry if I'm asking the impossible. I would like to stop sparking up again but nothing gets me the pain relief I need as fast as I need it, when I have a flair up. As my gf told me during one of my attacks, I look like a baby on the floor rolling sucking on my pacifier (the MFLB) till the pain subsides.

A head high doesn't do much unless something attracts my attention and I forget about the pain for a few minutes but I'm still aware of the pain, its just not as important.

evilferret,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
evilferret said:

Well I want almost burnt ABV (sometimes as close to 445 degrees if possible). Thats why I'm looking to upgrade.

The WZ is great for maintenance hits or lazy weekends.

The Ion will get you up to 440. I think I read somewhere that you will be able to increase that via the software, or maybe I dreamed it LOL. Personally, I would love to be able to take it up to 446.

CombustionJunction,

evilferret

CombustionJunction said:
evilferret said:

Well I want almost burnt ABV (sometimes as close to 445 degrees if possible). Thats why I'm looking to upgrade.

The Ion will get you up to 440. I think I read somewhere that you will be able to increase that via the software, or maybe I dreamed it LOL. Personally, I would love to be able to take it up to 446.

Finally a Ion user! Please tell me your experience with it? How is it with a whip style? The Ion caught my attention due to quick start up time and the auto cool down (I have the Super Vapezilla and min 30 mins to start up and cool down).

evilferret,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
evilferret, here is what I do. As a disclaimer, I have increasingly worse RA (rheumatoid arthritis). When the RA is not flaring up, I use the MFLB or Extreme. Save the ABV, and put it into a container next to the SSV (which is pretty much left on all the time at a high temperature setting).

When the RA is bad, I dump about 0.5g ABV into the SSV wand and hit it. After 2 or 3 big draws, the ABV is spent, almost at the point of combustion, and the pain is largely gone for a few hours or so. Thats as close to instantaneous relief as I can get using any of the vapes I have.

I've only had the SSV for a few weeks, but it hits harder than the Extreme. Downside I find is that it isn't portable.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Tom

tdavie,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
evilferret said:
CombustionJunction said:
evilferret said:

Finally a Ion user! Please tell me your experience with it? How is it with a whip style? The Ion caught my attention due to quick start up time and the auto cool down (I have the Super Vapezilla and min 30 mins to start up and cool down).
Heat up time to 440F took 3 minutes exactly. 1 bag at 440 does the trick for me. Great for pain relief, but will usually put me to sleep within 30 minutes. The whip is great for 440 because I like to take smaller hits at that temp because it's such thick vapor that I cough pretty much after every hit, but I can control it a little better with the whip.

CombustionJunction,

evilferret

Thanks Tom, I've been doing that but maybe I need a bigger dosage?

The WZ and MLFB doesn't really take that much biomass. I can get the pain relief to subside with 2 trenches of AVB but its hard to do when I'm alone and having a bad flair up.

I get those moments I don't want to move in fear of more pain.

I'm sort of scared of the SSV. I'm reading you need to warm it up/cool it down (much like the Vapezilla but not as long). I hate doing that and I think it detracts me from trying to think happy thoughts.

3 min warmup makes me happy and especially the auto off function. Damnit I'm justifying myself into buying.

Hey CombustionJunction have you used a whip on the Ion yet?

evilferret,

evilferret

evi feel the plastic near stem tip after u take one or mor hits i tink it b pretty hot where stem tip goes into plastic

Can't really tell, I'll try again tonight. Again when I do get blacked ABV in my WZ I've been sucking on the same stem for an hour or more.

And only the bottom of the metal stem is blackened the rest is usually a brown. At this point I use the in the MFLB.

I guess I could get it more black if I kept working on it but I always handle the stem by hand after I'm done and I've touched the metal piece and its warm but not burning.

Stem and metal piece seem as solid as I first got it (amazing).

evilferret,

max

Out to lunch
I'm sort of scared of the SSV. I'm reading you need to warm it up/cool it down (much like the Vapezilla but not as long).
I don't know where you read that, but it's wrong. Like any other passive, analog vape you just turn it on and turn it off. You can switch it on/off as many times and as fast as you want, and all you'll get is some wear on the switch. It's ready to go after a couple of minutes and you can turn it off as soon as you're done or just leave it on. I'm not trying to sell you on the SSV, just setting the record straight.

Not sure if its just my model of the WZ but I have no trouble combusting the end of the stem slightly if I work on it
If you're combusting you're getting ash, not just dark brown to black ABV. And you would have a defective unit as well.

max,
Top Bottom