Help needed to recommend my brother a portable!

little maggie

What's up with the tiny straw though? And why do you need two bowls instead of one bigger one?
Just to add about the Haze: one of the reasons for the 2 bowls is to fill each with a different product or to use different cans. It comes with convection screens and conduction screens so you can use both. I don't use concentrates and it's great for herbs. The next Haze product will have 4 sections instead of 2 for the same reasons. It's also a great company- when they upgraded from the 2 to 3 owners of 2 could trade theirs in for $99.The lack of resistance makes a huge difference.
I've been so involved with my milaana and vapcap I forgot about it. I'm going to get mine out and use it again.

Last edited:

Prolusio

@VanCough I purchased the Alternate from Puffitup.com. I live in Canada and they're always excellent with labelling products for import; my stuff has never been searched or charged customs fees.

In addition the one time I've had a warranty issue they had amazing customer service, so I would much rather spend retail to get it from them. Keep in mind you can use the discount code for our forum, FC-1, to get 15% off! Making the Alternate only ~$110 from PUI with warranty a free grinder and tracked shipping. I feel it's worth it to get from an authorized vendor! But I'd be interested to hear how your Dhgate experience goes if you chose to go that route; always nice to have options.

I'd also second @Mr. Me2 suggestion of taking a look at a VapCap; they are excellent products. There are several different models at different price points making it easy to find one that fits what you're looking for. They lose out a little on the stealth needing a torch to heat them imo, but other than that I can't think of a reason not to recommend them based on your brothers needs. It has a smaller bowl, but the hits it delivers are potent enough you only need a few. And the ritual of heating the cap adds a "social smoking" aspect, I think. Perfect for camping too.

VanCough

Environmentalist
@Prolusio i won't be purchasing one because it's too similar to my mighty to justify. If my brother gets one then I'll let you know how it all goes!

He's not interested in the vapcap due to the need for a lighter and I think he's put off by the diminutive look of it. I have to admit I passed over it on here without giving it a second glance for a while. Seriously considering getting one now though as my Mighty hasn't stopped me from smoking joints fully. Plus I love the customisation that you can do to them.

stinkytofus

1. Haze v3, a nice first portable, great backup when u get another portable
2. Davinci iq, when they iron out most of the common bugs, it would be the most discreet portable imo
3. Milaana or sticky brick junior, portable, hits hard, not that discreet
4. He should add a cloud evo for home use, it hits hard and can chuck lung choking clouds when u pack it more

stinkytofus,
Top Bottom