Help my lungs, Vapexhale vs Flower Pot vs Ditanium/SSV AND Mighty

vape>comb

Hi Everyone,

I have been pretty indecisive the last few weeks. Over the last few months I can really feel it in my lungs when I am combusting flower. I don't want to continue doing this knowing all the risks and overall I feel less healthy. Short breathe. Snoring in sleep might be related to smoking as well. Don't feel like doing sports cause my lungs just want to sip oxygen when they're not sipping canabis and tar and all other foul substances that come free when burning that J.

I am not new to the vape world. I bought an arizer air 4 years ago. But the J became the more attractive option pretty quick. I tried using the arizer air again, but reloading is such a hassle. But worst thing is the battery. When it is done, I cant even plug it in and continue vaping. It first needs to charge to X amount of level. Also the clouds aren't what I hoped for. I think that vaping will be more satisfying to me if there's more cloud. But ive read that more clouds arent necessarily indicative of good extraction etc.

Either way, my dilemma is not knowing which device to buy for my migration from burning to vaping. I have already had quite some usefull advice on this forum from a few people. At first I really wanted the flowerpot. But I tried letting the idea of owning a flower pot really sink in, and I keep worrying about the exposed heat element/coil. It is not off my list yet by any means. I do live with wifey, supports my decision to get off burning. Health > Money atm so if paying more increases the chance that I leave J's behind, Im glad to pay the extra buck.

Thing holding me from flower pot is the burn hazard. Availability of a lot of accessories is not there. I own a 'the Honey' watertool which I used with my arizer and considered using with the flower pot. The thing is, if I buy the essentials bundle I cannot even buy additional accessories. The better safety stand with debowler is out of stock. Everything basically is out of stock. But if I buy a proper TWAX bundle, I will get it with the Honey or similar bubbler. And that is just being forced to buy something I already have. Not the biggest deal. I could get the Honey or the Matrix bubbler and give my current glass piece to a friend. Biggest issue is the burning hazard. Additionally using the flowerpot seems more of a hassle than say using an EVO. I have read people say it is in fact the other way around. I guess the fact that it has more parts makes it seem more complicated to use.

What I really like about the EVO is the all glass path. It is available locally only with the hydrabomb for 600 euros. Getting the flowerpot will cost somewhat the same. The fact that the EVO seemed simpler to use combined with the fact that it is pretty hard to burn yourself seriously made it more interesting to me. All glass path also very nice to me. Sometimes I hear overwhelming praise in favor of flowerpot over the EVO, but I feel that these people say this because of the dabbing. I really won't be doing any dabbing for now. Concentrates are hard to come by. If in 5 years concentrates are available, I will buy another vape. So for now, floweer is the only consumable and dabbing should not be considered in this dilemma. I asked the local stores (vaposhop, azarius) whether they can service an EVO if I say break my bamboo glass. Waiting on an answer. I know vapefiend can, so even if I don't buy from them (out of stock) I could pay them to service it if I were to break it.

Things I like about the EVO are actually the bowls. Filling up 6 bowls beforehand (1/4th filling) and being able to easily pop it in, and extract the content in 1 or 2 rips seems amazing. I know same can be done with flowerpot, but it would involve scooping some herb into the bowl in between "sessions". Also EVO doesnt need stirring afaik if you don't even fill the bowl/basket for 50%. For both EVO and FP all accessories are out of stock.

Another vape that came on my radar is the SSV. I've seen people have some very nice sessions using this vape and using it seemed nice and simple. I know it has more of a learning curve than say something like an EVO. But I plan on spending lots of hours with my next vape(s) and develop some technique. The only issue with the SSV is that it is not available (Availability in europe is sooooooo bad for most vapes :mental:). There is only one place where it is available with a UK powercord, and I won't use an adapter so yeah. Actually also saw a 250euro SSV at jahvaporizer.com but then it is about as expensive as the much newer Ditanium which seems more versatile and is definitely much prettier. SSV seems like great value tbh and if somebody know where to get that in europe with EU cord that would be great.

Obviously the Ditanium and especially the SSV are much much cheaper than the flowerpot or EVO. Since my budget does allow for an EVO I plan on using it completely! :rockon: So part of me wants me to choose a Ditanium so that I can add in a little Mighty portable. I will be doing some extra research on the Mighty. Few people who have shared their Ditanium experiences. So right now I am very stuck between these options. Ditanium seems like a pretty solid unit but I haven't read somebodys comments on it's performance that owns both Ditanium AND flowerpot/EVO. If somebody own a Ditanium and one of the more expensive vapes mentioned before, I would love to hear a comparison. Would you in my shoes, buy a evo/flowerpot, or a Ditanium AND a Mighty? I don't even want the mighty for its portable capabilities. I've seen people RIP huge clouds on the thing. And will mostly use it at the same place I will use my desktop unit. Though the added benefit of taking it with me outside is great for sure. Also read about some easy pre-loadable bowls which sounds pretty nice if it doesnt diminish performance. Just load up 4-5 of those bastards, and they will be amazing with a gaming session. Having various vapes also helps with getting accustomed to your daily driver (I've read).

A lot of words. Hope some people can nudge me in the right direction. Will digg through the threads, but seriously, there is just SO MUCH to go through. And Im never sure if people pick FP over EVO because they use it for dabbing etc or flower only. Because people would often just post: FP is much beetter hits me like a train im sooo stoneeed this is the best and i own an EVO.
Then they disappear and you never know for what reason the FP is preferred. I tend to think dabbing, since that seems quite popular in the USA/Canada. Here, (west europe) very hard to come by concentrates I find.

Ditanium + Mighty = Flower Pot = EVO Cloud ? :hmm::shrug:

vape>comb,
Reactions: Magic9

sickmanfraud

I have seen Arizer Extreme Q vapes on Amazon. Much less expensive than most of your choices.

I have never combusted, but there is a lot of talk that going from combusting to vaping is easier if the first vape is a Dynavap. I have no experience, but it may serve you well to check out the Dynavap thread.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Checkout the MUSA vaporizer. It is a totally rebuildable/user servicable halogen logvape that fully rebuildable and parts are widely available. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/musa-wooden-vape.23239/ I believe currently the only V2 (on the left )on stock but probably the V1 is still available on demand if you prefer a standing unit.The very first versions were even using VXL bullets .
IMG-20190711-180910.jpg

If you want something more flowerpot style checkout the Herborizer Ti ,but in my eyes there is a lot more to break.
Da Buddha Vaporizer is a lower price "version" of the SSV ,if you like whip vapes might also be an option,but if you wanna dab and vape at the same time you will have to buy an extra essential oil kit and it gets as expensive as the ditanium i guess.

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
You’re right that’s a lot of words,
I’d buy an Evo & use it until you stop smoking, which is the point of all this.
If you like it & enjoy vaping but feel like you want something that gets hotter to replicate smoking, buy the Flower Pot or something similar.
I own an Evo Flower Pot & Sublimator. The Sublimator is the vaporizer I would recommend to any ex smoker without hesitation. As it’s not available right now the Flower Pot may be the next closest thing.
I don’t have a MUSA but I think that looks good too.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well it sounds like you've already talked yourself out of the Flowerpot so I won't speak too much on that one other than mentioning it's an awesome vaporizer. Personally I think it's easier to burn yourself passing a roach than using the FP. I'm building my own desktop vaporizer that also uses an exposed coil so I definitely understand your stance, it's not for everybody, but unless you burn yourself frequently already I wouldn't expect that to change much due to a vape purchase.

The FP and Evo have been compared ad-Nauseam already in pretty much every desktop vape comparison posted in the last three years. I'd suggest doing a bit more research and thinking about what's really important to you in a vape when comparing those two.

Mighty is alright, hits much harder than an Arizer Air but might not be enough for a really hardcore smoker. My friend has an Air and a Mighty and still went back to combustion for faster results, your mileage may vary. It can take owning a few different vaporizers before you truly understand what you're looking for. I wouldn't put the Mighty in the same tier as these other vapes though because it's not.

Also in case you missed this breakthrough discovery literally anybody in the world has access to concentrates now via the rosin technique. Tons of euro members on here pressing out their own dabs if you're interested in that!

Hope it helps at least a little!
Best of luck in your venture

:2c:

Gigsabits53

Great decision to go full time vaping. I have a FP and the Evo, both are excellent desktop vapes.
I dont feel the burn issue is a major problem with the FP, yeah you may get a minor burn once or twice, but after you use it for a day or so, it s not an issue at all. I know what all the hot spots are and where they are.
I just keep my setup in the same spot and I automatically avoid the hot spots just by repetition, the ritual, as it were. FP has a great ritual imo.

The Evo has better flavor, at least to me. Having said that, I choose the FP every time. My Evo is in a box at the moment. Dont get me wrong, I love my Evo, but I tend to only use it on certain occasions. The FP hits harder and that is the main reason I use that for most of my home use these days.

Log vapes are great desktops to own as well. Underdog, E-Nano, Ed's Woodscents all get great reviews. Maybe another to consider?

Good luck, you came to the right place to make an informed decision.

These folks wont steer you wrong.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Does it HAVE to be one of the stated options? I mean, I'm a huge NV fanboy, and I wouldnt normally hesitate to say "Buy the FP!", but seeing as you're attempting to give up the j's and smoking in general, I cant help but think a Vapcap might be a great option to help the transition, as its got a very joint like feel and operation, if that make sense? Plus its a relatively cheap purchase for while you're deciding on these expensive devices.

I know its not what you asked but the style of a vapcap might help ease the transition from smoking?

Gigsabits53

Does it HAVE to be one of the stated options? I mean, I'm a huge NV fanboy, and I wouldnt normally hesitate to say "Buy the FP!", but seeing as you're attempting to give up the j's and smoking in general, I cant help but think a Vapcap might be a great option to help the transition, as its got a very joint like feel and operation, if that make sense? Plus its a relatively cheap purchase for while you're deciding on these expensive devices.

I know its not what you asked but the style of a vapcap might help ease the transition from smoking?
It's a great idea! The most similar to a joint that I have tried. I was a big joint smoker back in my youth and the VC scratches that itch. Plus, like you say, relatively inexpensive.

Vaporware

A VapCap (and optionally induction heater) is a good option, but if I could only keep one, for home use it would be the FlowerPot. If you can use the stove while high without burning yourself, you should be fine. I’ve had mine on for many thousands of hours without getting burned. Just keep it in a safe place where you won’t accidentally run into it, drop things on it, etc.

There are a bunch of other good to great desktops though, and portables, but few if any of the portables will get you the amount of vapor a FlowerPot will.

Since cleaning is an issue for you though, the FlowerPot is super easy to clean and requires little maintenance. Just get a few bowls (Titanium and/or glass) so if a screen gets too clogged you can switch bowls and clean the screen later. You can get some good hits from just a clogged screen after emptying it though. :science:

Oh, and you can really crank the temp up and extract small loads in just a hit or two. :whoa:

passenger

is this thing on?
I would suggest the Dynavap as well. I started with a Mighty, which is a great session vape, but found Dynavap to be the better cjoice for me:
It's fast with extraction, very easy maintenance, and gentle on the throat / lungues if you heat it right and do a mouthpull technique (which is similar to naturally smoking a cigarette). I prefer to block of the airport completely, but you can adjust it the way you want.
If you pair it to a bubbler you filter most particle out which is a plus if you need to make it gentler.

RatsInMyHead

A VapCap (and optionally induction heater) is a good option, but if I could only keep one, for home use it would be the FlowerPot. If you can use the stove while high without burning yourself, you should be fine. I’ve had mine on for many thousands of hours without getting burned. Just keep it in a safe place where you won’t accidentally run into it, drop things on it, etc.

There are a bunch of other good to great desktops though, and portables, but few if any of the portables will get you the amount of vapor a FlowerPot will.

Since cleaning is an issue for you though, the FlowerPot is super easy to clean and requires little maintenance. Just get a few bowls (Titanium and/or glass) so if a screen gets too clogged you can switch bowls and clean the screen later. You can get some good hits from just a clogged screen after emptying it though. :science:

Oh, and you can really crank the temp up and extract small loads in just a hit or two. :whoa:
All this ☝️ plus the screens are so easy to pop in and out of the FP shovelhead bowl. I clean my regular Ti screen daily with a toothbrush. Takes less than minute, pop it back in and screen is like new again.

Vaporware

All this ☝️ plus the screens are so easy to pop in and out of the FP shovelhead bowl. I clean my regular Ti screen daily with a toothbrush. Takes less than minute, pop it back in and screen is like new again.

That works too! I like using the double-weave screens and just leaving them in and sticking the whole bowl (minus handle) in iso.

The glass bowls don’t hold the screens in, so whichever screens you use those are easy to take out for cleaning.

nonamekevin

The few times I combust now are because Im traveling and I pick up a pre-roll, so I know what you mean about joints. Like others have said, if it's the ritual of a joint you like, the vapcap is pretty close.

Biggest piece of advice if you are a heavy user now and are thinking about going to a vapcap, is give yourself a week or so break from combustion before trying the vapcap. In my experience, when you first try it, you won't get those big satisfying hits you see others getting on here. Those who are taking massive dynavap hits are those who have used their vapcaps enough to develop their technique. Your first couple of times using it, you might be able to get 6-8 hits, because they are gonna be smaller and not as efficient. With time, you'll be able to extract in 1-2 heat ups. :rockon:

Vaporware

The few times I combust now are because Im traveling and I pick up a pre-roll, so I know what you mean about joints. Like others have said, if it's the ritual of a joint you like, the vapcap is pretty close.

Biggest piece of advice if you are a heavy user now and are thinking about going to a vapcap, is give yourself a week or so break from combustion before trying the vapcap. In my experience, when you first try it, you won't get those big satisfying hits you see others getting on here. Those who are taking massive dynavap hits are those who have used their vapcaps enough to develop their technique. Your first couple of times using it, you might be able to get 6-8 hits, because they are gonna be smaller and not as efficient. With time, you'll be able to extract in 1-2 heat ups. :rockon:

A lot of this is about where you heat on the cap. If you want larger, higher temp hits you aim the torch at (but not below) the bottom of the cap. This is easiest with single flame torches or others that come to a point. I think a lot of new users just don’t understand that point.

To get more low temp hits though, you just heat toward the closed top end of the cap.

I’m sure you know this, just telling new VapCap users who may be reading. :)

Oh, and induction heaters heat the same part of the cap every time so their results are generally more consistent. Some people still prefer the ritual or results they get from torches though, or just don’t want to spend the extra money.

justcametomind

I’d go for the Mighty. I own a few of the vapes you ask advice for. The Mighty is the quickest and more reliable of the bunch imho. If the alternative is rolling a joint which takes seconds, how are you supposed to quit smoking if your vape takes 10 minutes to properly heat soak the bamboo? FP is quicker than Evo but either way you would be limited to home use. I wouldn’t recommend a vapcap since it takes technique, I am not a novice vaper but I combust with it quite often. And you were supposed to quit. The Mighty is the more straightforward heavy hitter if you can afford it. If you don’t want to spend all that much HR Fierce may have the same bowl size and performance but not the same flavor. Still a better choice than a desktop imho.
I wouldn’t recommend FP, Evo, Musa or anything involving any glass because if it breaks, you are back to lighter and papers the same day.

justcametomind,

Vaporware

I’m a little hesitant to recommend pretty new devices, but a lot of people are loving the TinyMight and it can produce a lot of vapor very quickly. Might be worth a look too for a portable. :)

There’s a lot of other good stuff branching out from there too, but I don’t want to throw that many new suggestions out.

nonamekevin

We talked a little about dynavap, because it more closely resembles the ritual of a joint, but all of the OPs considerations are toward desktop devices.

Perhaps a woodscents? I can't speak for log vapes as I don't have one and haven't used one. But you would be getting both a portable and home option, and depending on the wood variety, the entry point is less than or comparable to FP/EVO. Others on here smarter and more experienced than I can chime in. Also, if you are in Europe, I don't know how easy it is to acquire the woodscents.

nonamekevin,
Top Bottom